Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    And itīs not the only boat from the old days capable of that in 6īs and up...unless itīs a buzzi or some other behemoth.
    Apache is a legend no doubt about it but not the only one either.
    Thenagain I reckon any other powerboat-T wouldnīt gotten the officials attention...

"Austrian Hannes Bohinc and his Wettpunkt.com team were cruelly denied victory in the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes when a ruptured fuel tank forced the Buzzi-designed powerboat to retire just 1.5 miles short of the finish after almost four hours of gruelling race action. Heading for the record books as only the fourth man in history to win the coveted Beaverbrook Trophy on three occasions, the abrupt ending allowed Cinzano, piloted by Marcus Hendricks, Tim Grimshaw and Eric Smilie to take the chequered flag in a time of 3hrs 35.20, seconds ahead of Hot Lemon, the race leader for much of the 170 nautical mile distance. "

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    The one Papache claimed ran 119 mph or something like that!
    I thought ALLEZ VITE was the fastest evr build ????? @ 108-9ish ??

3. Collapse Details

Not according to Papache!

LOL

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I thought ALLEZ VITE was the fastest evr build ????? @ 108-9ish ??
    It was and probably still is @ 106 mph....like I said many times show me a 41 with an AB8 HIN # that breaks 110 and you have accomplished a feat that no one else has......I think I even offered to pick up a bar tab at an establishment that promoted pole dancing!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Sean, same power (1000+ hp??), if it were a "pleasure version" with the cabin liner, what do you think Alez would have run???

6. Collapse Details

Sean, same power (1000+ hp??), if it were a "pleasure version" with the cabin liner, what do you think Alez would have run???
    The only thing I can use as a comparison is Desert Warrior....it weighed in at about 14592 according to the Scale at the Truckstop...with low fuel!!!

Anyway w/Chief engines @ 800 + HP each it ran a solid 80 on any day on good days 83-84....That was on 3 1/2 lbs boost if I changed the pulleys the boost went to 7 lbs with 36' of timing and good gas like 110 it ran low 90's like 91-92

7. Collapse Details

I was told Predator did well over 110 mph. I believe it. They had Chief engines backing them and there have been many advances in engine thecnology since Alez Vite.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    I was told Predator did well over 110 mph. I believe it. They had Chief engines backing them and there have been many advances in engine thecnology since Alez Vite.
    I don't believe it, the boat is a little heavyer then Allez Vite and at one point it really does not matter how much horses are pushing. ITS CALLED HULL SPEED and u can't get away from that.

9. Collapse Details

Did Allez Vite run normally aspirated or S.charged

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    I think N/A 540 CI ?! but not shure.

STINSON WOULD KNOW !!!!!!!

And ofcoarse the owner.lol

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I don't believe it, the boat is a little heavyer then Allez Vite and at one point it really does not matter how much horses are pushing. ITS CALLED HULL SPEED and u can't get away from that.

Dude..what are you takng about?? without the exact figure before me, the 41 what is the length at waterline of a 41?? for a rough calculation, I used 37' so Knots : 8.15 or Miles per hour : 9.38 or hull seed = 1.34 * the square root of the length at waterline. It is the speed at which a vessle cannot overcome the trough of the bow and stern wave, theoretically unable to go any faster. A planning vessle overcomes this by it's very nature of planing (the act of overcoming the bow wave). If you really wanted too, you could put tripple T44's in a 41' and increase the speed beyond stability.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Dude..what are you takng about?? without the exact figure before me, the 41 what is the length at waterline of a 41?? for a rough calculation, I used 37' so Knots : 8.15 or Miles per hour : 9.38 or hull seed = 1.34 * the square root of the length at waterline. It is the speed at which a vessle cannot overcome the trough of the bow and stern wave, theoretically unable to go any faster. A planning vessle overcomes this by it's very nature of planing (the act of overcoming the bow wave). If you really wanted too, you could put tripple T44's in a 41' and increase the speed beyond stability.
    Your just NUTZ !!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Assuming that Allez Vite had 800 hp engines, and that Predator had 1200 hp engines #6 dry sump drives, with the more modern prop thechnology even if it weighed slightly more. Why would it be difficult to believe Predator would be faster?

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Assuming that Allez Vite had 800 hp engines, and that Predator had 1200 hp engines #6 dry sump drives, with the more modern prop thechnology even if it weighed slightly more. Why would it be difficult to believe Predator would be faster?
    #3'a #5 and #6's use THE SAME PROPS !!!!!!!!!!!

Allez Vite had #6's also !!

Its because the boat was dialed in better ( THE BEST ) and was lighter.....
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 10-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.

15. Collapse Details

I was told there would be no math...................

16. Collapse Details

Originally Cobra SC then Merc 1000 SC then Zul SC on #6 drives

Predator ran Stotler NA on #3 then #5 and finally ended up with Chief Engines SC I believe

17. Collapse Details

You guys have your boats backwards.....Allez Vite was the SC/#6 drive while predator was a Nat Asp/#3 then #5 boat.....

Predator was a bit lighter I am sure and Allez Vite was dialed in!!!!

18. Collapse Details

LOA on a 41 Apache was 41' 3" no swimstep included.....I think that waterline length might be a tad more than 37....All I can say is that at speed the water should have been breaking off the vee about 5' forward of the transom....which means it was breaking off the chine at the transom for all intense purposes use those assumptions for your calcs...

Another note.....alot of the 41's seemed to run into a wall in the mid to high 90's so to overcome that took alot of work dialing them in!!!!

19. Collapse Details

If you use this photo and try to tell me it's running over 100 your full of .....it's not running 90 in this photo....suffice it to say maybe 80!!!! That's only based off THIS photo however!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    If you use this photo and try to tell me it's running over 100 your full of .....it's not running 90 in this photo....suffice it to say maybe 80!!!! That's only based off THIS photo however!!!!
    On that photo i think its more like 65,,,,,its barely on plane.