1. Collapse Details
    Where did the 40 Hustler start ?????...
    What mold was the 40 started off of.. or was it a stretched 32... or a shortened 50...How does the boat ride in the ruff stuff... thanks JEFF

2. Collapse Details

I am not sure about the 40 but didn't they start with the Signature molds years ago.

3. Collapse Details

The 40 is not a stretched 32. It was a new Fiore design. The 40 was 1st Hustler hull with stepped hull.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 32storm View Post
    The 40 is not a stretched 32. It was a new Fiore design. The 40 was 1st Hustler hull with stepped hull.
    Incorrect.... Paul Fiore with the help of Mark Shneff of Activator went out to design a new 40. They started with the 32 hull and actually bolted the rear 8' of another 32 together. Since the front section of the rear 8' was too wide to fasten to the transom of the 32' they slid it up to the wider part of the transom where it would fit and got the step by accident. They threw a couple of outboards on the hull with no deck and went and tested it and were impressed with what they came up with and how well it performed. That in a nut shell is how and where the 40 came from and the beginning of the step hull.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by C5Steve View Post
    Incorrect.... Paul Fiore with the help of Mark Shneff of Activator went out to design a new 40. They started with the 32 hull and actually bolted the rear 8' of another 32 together. Since the front section of the rear 8' was too wide to fasten to the transom of the 32' they slid it up to the wider part of the transom where it would fit and got the step by accident. They threw a couple of outboards on the hull with no deck and went and tested it and were impressed with what they came up with and how well it performed. That in a nut shell is how and where the 40 came from and the beginning of the step hull.
    Sorry, but (2)1/2's and throwing in a step does not constitute simply stretching the 32 hull!!

6. Collapse Details

That 40 was built in Patchogue in the original place where mark built Activators later on!Now they build Predators there I may be wrong but I doubt it

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 32storm View Post
    Sorry, but (2)1/2's and throwing in a step does not constitute simply stretching the 32 hull!!
    Not what I said, try reading it again

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    That 40 was built in Patchogue in the original place where mark built Activators later on!Now they build Predators there I may be wrong but I doubt it
    Built in Hampton Bays at the old Hustler factory on Smith Creek

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    I can't resist so I have to say that it started in a glass shop somewhere!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by C5Steve View Post
    Built in Hampton Bays at the old Hustler factory on Smith Creek
    Good answer your right Falcon was in that building also!