Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. At that time AJ was portraying himself as Cougar of North America's owner.

T2x

AJ actually built the Poorest quality boats to EVER Come off that street, His Knockoff Cougar Monos Had a 4" Deep x 4' Long Hook that they filled with Putty only, sanded it smooth and Polished it, I Imagine it came out as one Huge Chunk.

Ya Know, Someone actually Blew the front doors off the building with a shot gun to show their displeasure with him. The Sam Griffith Trophy was in the next room and took some lead as well...anyone recall this??????

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    What does the future hold for a boat like this or the alloy 46 at National Liquidators? Are there real buyers out there for these boats or are they headed for a slow death in a field or a quick death at a scrapper? Didn't it take a give away price and a year or two to sell Endagered Species?
    The 46 that NL has was at Cumberland. It was Tim Ciasulli's- he traded it to them. I doubt it ever sees water again. Those boats are massively heavy and take a TON of very expensive power and drivetrain to get them up and moving. And then you have the noise issue. They make all sorts of racket- like the big metal drum that they are. There's a bare 47 Apache hull at Turbine Marine they are almost giving away and it still sits. The Cougar's odds are likely to be much lower.

A twin engined cat- why not? They're not all that fast, but they can be had cheap. Insurance would be a problem most likely. Insurance on that turbine would be a tough get.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PJC View Post
    Na you are wrong, one picture is the 41’ and the second is the 38’, both boats raced as Bengal Bay Club at some time

If you look at the cockpit fairing on the 38' you will see it is the same as the pictures of the turbine boat and the gunwale edge is cut at an angle

If you look at the 41 you will see that the cockpit fairing is different and the gunwale is not cut at an angle

Also I looked at the build log and the line drawing for this boat which confirm it was 38’
    The gunwhale edge could subsequently be modified. Already in other cases it has been done.
    In a interview made to Kobayashi in 1988 about him fleet of America's Cup,Offshore and yacht boats he spoke the only Cougar was the 41' World Champ in KW 87.
    However you were or you are still in Cougar therefore I cannot insist on this matter yet.
    Unfortunately I cannot show you the photos of the last cat that was built for Magluta in the 1987. The only thing that I can do is to say that it had the cockpit on the tunnel in tandem.
    Last edited by Black Tornado; 09-29-2009 at 04:03 PM.

4. Collapse Details

The first SEAHAWK 38 was raced by my ex girlfriends dad Mandy Fernandez ( throttle man) and by colombus ( driver ) under the name "The Collection" than they went into a 36 Jaguar under the name " Ferrari " which was part of The Collection as well

Mike

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FastDonzi View Post
    Who Is Chip????
    The guy who owns the boat. Chip Morgan

6. Collapse Details
    Is this the 4th seahawk about?
    Any pictures of the one running as KS&W?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SEAHAWK 1.jpg   SEAHAWK 6.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

That's the one they refer to as Goldrush? (Maybe not I just saw the similar hull shape, but no ribbing on the one above).

I'd meant to ask that in another thread. I thought that boat was found and for sale a year or two ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GOLDRUSH%20%281980%29.jpg  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    The first SEAHAWK 38 was raced by my ex girlfriends dad Mandy Fernandez ( throttle man) and by colombus ( driver ) under the name "The Collection" than they went into a 36 Jaguar under the name " Ferrari " which was part of The Collection as well

Mike
    Mike, totally off topic, but Jo Nunez showed me some pictures of your old 24 when it was being re-rigged and it had the name Mandy and a phone number on it. Was that Mandy Fernandez or another guy?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    The first SEAHAWK 38 was raced by my ex girlfriends dad Mandy Fernandez ( throttle man) and by colombus ( driver )

Mike

The name is not colombus it is Hugo Columbo, a very successful developer in which also owned and still owns The Collection.

BTW,I haven't forgot about you brother.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chewiekw View Post
    Any pictures of the one running as KS&W?
    This is the cat of which spoke for Magluta and that not runs never because in the meantime Sal had his problems with the federals.
    I remembered badly but the places are side by side.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    That's the one they refer to as Goldrush? (Maybe not I just saw the similar hull shape, but no ribbing on the one above).

I'd meant to ask that in another thread. I thought that boat was found and for sale a year or two ago.
    Hate to hijack the thread, but....

Was Goldrush the boat that flipped while they were testing for Powerboat? Guessing 1982 or 1983.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smokeybandit View Post
    Hate to hijack the thread, but....

Was Goldrush the boat that flipped while they were testing for Powerboat? Guessing 1982 or 1983.

Yes, At Cougar we had the Sequence of Photos up on the wall. Kind of Ironic it would flip like that just jumping a wake. I believe it had a Reporter aboard at the time....

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    weren't the mono hulls copied from a bertram 38' and had chime walking issues? What ever happened to grant wilson?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
    weren't the mono hulls copied from a bertram 38' and had chime walking issues? What ever happened to grant wilson?

Nope, Cougars Mono was built from a clean sheet, It's not a copy of anything.

15. Collapse Details
    Seahawk 41ft
    Some time ago I asked Marco to keep the Seahawk 41ft under wraps,and thanks for that.Since then it appeared for sale on one of the websites and the history of it was then public.It was a bit of a disaster,because in the course of sorting it out,it hit a bridge and at the same time the owner was locked up.From the same office that the Picchiotti boats were born,this monster came forth complete with two transverse mounted engines via right angle boxes to the surface drives.The running bottom wasn`t quite right and was being modified when hit decided to eat the bridge.Jack Stuteville who was racing in Europe saw the single engined cat `Goldrush` finish in a rough Viareggio - Bastia race and suggested to Sal that he had a OP1 version.An amusing aside which I have related before, was that in the course of building it,cash arrived for the builder,and when it was counted at the bank,the machine stuck due to conjealed blood over the bank notes.The writing was on the wall.
    I`ll throw another boat into the ring.Could this boat in the thread be Still Crazy, which I think may have become A.J.Roberts.Not the one the boy Curtis won the Worlds in.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
    Some time ago I asked Marco to keep the Seahawk 41ft under wraps,and thanks for that.Since then it appeared for sale on one of the websites and the history of it was then public.It was a bit of a disaster,because in the course of sorting it out,it hit a bridge and at the same time the owner was locked up.From the same office that the Picchiotti boats were born,this monster came forth complete with two transverse mounted engines via right angle boxes to the surface drives.The running bottom wasn`t quite right and was being modified when hit decided to eat the bridge.Jack Stuteville who was racing in Europe saw the single engined cat `Goldrush` finish in a rough Viareggio - Bastia race and suggested to Sal that he had a OP1 version.An amusing aside which I have related before, was that in the course of building it,cash arrived for the builder,and when it was counted at the bank,the machine stuck due to conjealed blood over the bank notes.The writing was on the wall.
    I`ll throw another boat into the ring.Could this boat in the thread be Still Crazy, which I think may have become A.J.Roberts.Not the one the boy Curtis won the Worlds in.

The Boat They (Steven & AJ) won the Worlds in was Cabrera, I Believe AJ's Tin Boat was the one Halpern got Killed in (Mich Light).OR Was Mich Light & Cabrerra The Same Boat?? IDK what happenend to Still Crazy, I never knew of it Racing again.
    Last edited by FastDonzi; 09-30-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: add 2

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    This IS NOT Still Crazy, It was raced ONE time 2 years later (maybe 1987) in Marathon as Coors Light Silver Bullet. Last seen rotting away in Jacksonville , I believe.
    Ryan Beckley

18. Collapse Details
    A j roberts
    I know this is off the thread a bit,but what was the attached boat.Did it become Burago (hired by Ballabio for key west).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A.J.ROBERTS (1987).jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
    I know this is off the thread a bit,but what was the attached boat.Did it become Burago (hired by Ballabio for key west).

Yes, I think the next year after they won the Championship tony tried his hand at racing without Steve, didn't work out so well..I think He raced with Daniel Scioli once or twice in a red triple engine V Bottom, anyone recall?

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lowblue320 View Post
    The name is not colombus it is Hugo Columbo, a very successful developer in which also owned and still owns The Collection.

BTW,I haven't forgot about you brother.
    Hugo Columbo is realated to Christopher Columbus ( 1492 ). He's was the developer of the " Santa Maria" in Brickell

Mike