Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    How about this beauty! Sorry to hijack.
    That's a later LS Scarab right? Like these two.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1780Catalina_Ski_Race_2006_055.jpg   pennzoilboat.jpg  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    when the new owners got the boat from ratman is was a rat. After the glass and paint and rerig job that was done at thunder marine and design, North Ft. Myers,Fl. , the boat is a super nice piece. The original tail pipes were made out of schedule 40 aluminum and weighed about 90lbs. a piece, along with other stuff it had that needed attention. the boat does 100mph or better now with modern equipment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBI 4 6 08_4853.jpg   crazygreek.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

registered
    Nice. Great to hear that. It's awesome to have a piece of history restored like that and running again.

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    HIGH 90's is more like it . But yes BOBBY did a great job ,,,like always.

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Still crushin em...

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    high 90's is more like it . But yes bobby did a great job ,,,like always.
    bobby "o" for the record...not "s"..

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    From 2006 at Phil's Place.
    nick, cool that u saved those pics. you are correct i sold it to a dude that finished it up, he put in a pair of 540s with blowers, bob a friend of the owner rigged it in sarasota i believe. he told me it would run just over 100 woth the new power but i thought it would go a LOT faster with big power as ti ran mid 90s with injected 482 tall decks when joey ipalito had it. the owner is looking to sell it for 95k turnkey

still chilling in costa rica for now, sold my plaec in tampa a few months ago, maybe moving to medellin colombia some time next year...oh the chickas are caliente aya amigo
    Last edited by ratabastardahole; 10-05-2009 at 02:11 PM.

8. Collapse Details

registered
    Right on, Phil. Good to hear you're doing well and enjoying your chicas. Keep it up!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by northernoffshore View Post
    when the new owners got the boat from ratman is was a rat. After the glass and paint and rerig job that was done at thunder marine and design, North Ft. Myers,Fl. , the boat is a super nice piece. The original tail pipes were made out of schedule 40 aluminum and weighed about 90lbs. a piece, along with other stuff it had that needed attention. the boat does 100mph or better now with modern equipment.
    it was hardly a rat dude...i primed and blocked that puppy for months. the hull was truer than when they made it, it was ready for paint and rigging. it had some poorly done repairs prior to me purchasing the boat. but was really solid after i repaired the few cracks in the l side. i talked to one of the guys that originally rigged the boat, they weighed the hull the day it arrived at the shOp...2200 lbs, when you walked in the deck it would sag under your weight...the deck was only 3 layers of kevlar! GLAD TO SEE IT WAS FINISHED

10. Collapse Details

Right on, Phil. Good to hear you're doing well and enjoying your chicas. Keep it up!
    how you been bro? life treating ya well? been chillin with my lil hottie gf in the mountains of costa lately. shes 19 and all t n a weighs in at 96lbs soakin wet...i got her nipples pierced for her birthday

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ratabastardahole View Post
    how you been bro? life treating ya well? been chillin with my lil hottie gf in the mountains of costa lately. shes 19 and all t n a weighs in at 96lbs soakin wet...i got her nipples pierced for her birthday
    A few ups and downs, but doing great otherwise right now. I see you're having a good time as always. Don't forget about our bad boys section.
    Good luck, and take care!

12. Collapse Details

Carl Berry from the Boston area had it for a few years, or he had one of them, he repowered it with killer motors, I was out in the L.I. sound for a race with Carl that was held out of Maranack N.Y. It was so rough the race was cancelled at the start, I never thought the sound could get that rough, The boat was simply awesome, it did not even know there were waves out there, I never felt such a big V bottom with throttle response like that boat. Carl was a great guy who raced all through the 80's and owned a moving company named "Berry Moving and Storage", Wonder what happened to Carl, If anyone knows him ask him to chime in here, I would love to speak to him again. Lots of great guys from the boston area racing back then, Mike Alesie, Alan Swieman, (I know that I have murdered the spelling of their last 2 names).
    Michael Filippone

13. Collapse Details

A few ups and downs, but doing great otherwise right now. I see you're having a good time as always. Don't forget about our bad boys section.
    Good luck, and take care!
    nick good to here youre doing well, take care of yourself. how do i get in the badboys section its private?

14. Collapse Details

registered
    nick good to here youre doing well, take care of yourself. how do i get in the badboys section its private?
    Thanks a bunch. Will do, and you do the same!
    Pony up and you're in. Click here.

15. Collapse Details

There were two Michelob Light 38 Scarabs driven by Joey Ippolito.

I wonder where the other one is?

16. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefili View Post
    carl berry from the boston area had it for a few years, or he had one of them, he repowered it with killer motors, i was out in the l.i. Sound for a race with carl that was held out of maranack n.y. It was so rough the race was cancelled at the start, i never thought the sound could get that rough, the boat was simply awesome, it did not even know there were waves out there, i never felt such a big v bottom with throttle response like that boat. Carl was a great guy who raced all through the 80's and owned a moving company named "berry moving and storage", wonder what happened to carl, if anyone knows him ask him to chime in here, i would love to speak to him again. Lots of great guys from the boston area racing back then, mike alesie, alan swieman, (i know that i have murdered the spelling of their last 2 names).
    Michael filippone
    R U from the neighborhood?

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    I know this was the #3 boat.

18. Collapse Details

The 1st one Ippolito built flipped in the St. Pete race under the sky way bridge in 1978.
    They then built the second one for Ippolito because the 1st one was damaged.

The 3rd Mic Light scarab was Betty Cooks KAMMA.

I believe the one we are talking about is the 1st one.

19. Collapse Details

i got her nipples pierced for her birthday
    post pics you dirty rat bastard!

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
    The 1st one Ippolito built flipped in the St. Pete race under the sky way bridge in 1978.
    They then built the second one for Ippolito because the 1st one was damaged.

The 3rd Mic Light scarab was Betty Cooks KAMMA.

I believe the one we are talking about is the 1st one.
    Sorry,,i ment the race # on the hull was 3 on this one.