Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed View Post
    I'm getting him a forged crank at cost and dropping what's in the shop right now to get him up and running again. There's not much summer left up here! I honestly didn't think there would be a problem with such a low horsepower low RPM application but I think the cast crank is just too brittle to withstand the big RPM spikes and drops that these motors see. It looks like the throw tried to twist right off the front of the crank.
    Cool, i can see your a good guy, acytually to good. LOL

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    I brought up the warranty issue on a different site and boy did I get razed. I am very new to this as you all know. Yet I am not a virgin to hi end engines. I have had a few very good engines pop after a few races or a few seasons but never thought of a waranty claim. I know these boats arent all race boats but we all drive differently. If it is a performance machine it comes with higher risk. Just my .02 and my very very humble opinion

3. Collapse Details

Scotty, just thinking about you with your finger stuck in an engine spinning 8000rpm makes this seem minor. That must have been a helluva ride!!

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed View Post
    Scotty, just thinking about you with your finger stuck in an engine spinning 8000rpm makes this seem minor. That must have been a helluva ride!!
    Halleluja is all i can say.

It actually did not braek on the trailer, but thats where it got hurt bad ,then a day later in the race (Panama City 08, NATIONAL'S, 5+ seas/80+MPH) it came appart right after the first bearing,,stayed together under load untill @ the ramp.
    Some crazy stuff.
    I was wondering why the dampner sits sideways .LOL and all the belts where not lined up anymore.
    Oh well,,just an other day of racing on a budget. HEHE