Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    my bad
    No biggie, didn't they also make an electronic one for TRS's at one point? I was thinking they did.

Until he decides he wants to keep it for sure, and changes to decent tabs, I wouldn't spend the bucks for mechanical indicators. But that's me.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    There is 2 what I originally thought were trim indicator pucks on the gimble. There just isnt any where on the dash that a trim indicator was mounted. I am a little concerned about money (most of us probaly are) so an electrical guage is probaly how I would go. I basically just want to use this boat for running around I would love to try to poker run it sometime. Again thank you for the advice. Living in a land locked area with the biggest lake around being 2k acres not a whole lot of shops around that deal in this stuff

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Okay, I thought there were spots for electrical "pucks". Send a PM to MBAM and see what Marc has to help out.

4. Collapse Details

are there wires comming out of the pucks??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

while your back there looking for wires, it's an older boat, check the bellows
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    There are wires coming out of the pucks. I knew they were trim sensors but had no idea how to run them or why it mattered. I guess I know now.

7. Collapse Details

If its like a bravo, one will be a sending unit and one a limit switch I believe.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Well who wants to go for a ride? I could use a good teacher.

9. Collapse Details

Your best bet is to find a local organized boat outing and show up. Introduce yourself to the people. You'll have about a dozen or so new boating friends in short order and you'll never have to boat alone again. Local clubs are great for this sort of connection.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Your best bet is to find a local organized boat outing and show up. Introduce yourself to the people. You'll have about a dozen or so new boating friends in short order and you'll never have to boat alone again. Local clubs are great for this sort of connection.
    If no one's around, how would you walk through a self learning training session? Or, do you know anyone in the Cincy area????? (Right?)

11. Collapse Details

When are you going to dunk it again? If my schedule permits I might be able to go for a ride.

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    A couple guys have said they will go for a ride. One local, One racer from MI. Cinci isnt exactly the Power boat capital. I have learned just about everything in life the heard way. I guess with age you get tired of the bumps brusies and blood.

13. Collapse Details

Even though the postings are very old, thought I would throw a response in...there is a very good chance you have my old boat - I built the 502, had the trs drive beefed up, added the water-jacketed headers, added Bennett tabs, etc. etc...I sold it in 1998 to a guy in Gig Harbor, Washington...I have no idea what he did with it, but evidently ****ed it up quite a bit - the prop you are running is not even close to what a 7m Carrera needs - it might cavitate because it is so wrong - you might want to see if the old, custom prop is still available...

When I sold the boat (with a 850 Holley), it would top 80 mph - not by much, but definetly over 80 - the super narrow hull could handle absolutely any degree of rough water - the secret was to keep the boat level and on top of the water - just like the picture on the side shows...you need a prop that lifts...John Maazor in Fenton, Missouri did the one that was on the boat when I sold it...

The way you learn to do a hard corner is to set the tabs for proper trim and then let the drive out until top speed is reached - then with very small touches lower the drive as you turn - if you want, you can do just the opposite and set the trim before you set the tabs, but I always found it a little faster to do it the first way..

The boat was built in Miami in 1978 by Umberto Peron - hope you enjoy it!!!

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Cool to find out some history.......