Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Frankly, if I still owned it, i'd be hard pressed not to redo it almost exactly like this... I love the look of that boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0042.JPG   DSC_0010.jpg  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

Not MF-in you bud, just jealous that I don't also own a 28 race.

Scotty - the windshield stays.
    Matter of fact on the exterior, everything stays as original (but still haven't made a decision on the transom cap).
    All hardware is getting re-powdercoated, and so is the windshield frame.
    When I order the new weatherstrip for the windshield, I spoke with the original manufacture that built them for PePe, and I need to get tempered glass made for it as it was originally. Sean, as you know, it had plexi in it.
    My main upgrades are to clean up all the plumbing on the transom, and change the color of the hullsides.
    All new interior, and new controls/gauges. Sean, you gotta admit the throttle/shifter needed replaced...
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

I really think that with the look you are going for that you would probably be best not capping it in my opinion.. I think a cap could be done right & look nice on a 24 however I really think old school is more of your goal.. If you are talking about replacing the old Morse throttle what are you going to replace it with ?? Since you are going old school I say keep it !! I love them in the right boat !! I actually picked one up for a buddies flats boat just a couple weeks ago..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-002S.JPG  

4. Collapse Details

No, it's not an old Morse, I have one around here that I originally wanted to use, but I decided on Gaffrig with trim on the throttle.
    Someone before Sean put in a throttle/shifter, and then machined in an "on the throttle trim" It was a bit crude the way it was done. Functional, but had to go.

I'm beginning to lean away from capping the transom - thanks for talking me down guys!

BTW - that dash looks really nice!!

5. Collapse Details

Thanks, I tried to do the best with what I had to get that blend I was looking for at the time.. Yeah now that you mentioned the trim switch thing I am reminded of the not so safe idea back in those days of not having to trim with the hand you should be holding the wheel with !! My 24 although it wasn't all that fast It was an absolute handfull to drive at times if you were running it how it needed to be ran to squeeze every last ounce of speed out of it.. It was a TRS boat so ofcourse the X was low along with the fact that was a heavier tranny boat & loved a high rake prop & lots of trim.. Add that to regular ole cable steering along with the trim switches on the opisite side of the dash.. Then give a redneck a handheld GPS to look at while trying to do all that while running in a decent chop.. Man I really miss that boat sometimes.. The 24's are a fun boat b/c they eat up the chop like a big boat & still have the small boat feel to drive..

What color do you have in mind for the sides ??

6. Collapse Details

If the deck and the hull were more in line it would probably look pretty good. But it looks like it has about a 2 inch lip that juts out, and would probably be more trouble than its worth to get it smooth and straight.

7. Collapse Details

I think leave it the way it is. update the rubrail, do new clean plumbing and it will look oldschool badass. i think a capped back looks nice on new sleak boats, but this boat is made to just look oldschool neat!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    What color do you have in mind for the sides ??
    A dark metallic gray. I've had this in mind for a long time, and The color I want is almost identical to the recent 28 that Pepe and JO built with the recesses in the hull side. I think they may have taken my idea and run with it

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    If the deck and the hull were more in line it would probably look pretty good. But it looks like it has about a 2 inch lip that juts out, and would probably be more trouble than its worth to get it smooth and straight.
    I just need to figure out if I can find a way to wrap the heavy-azz aluminum rubrail around the corner, and then make the curve up the transom without having it buckle or pucker. Originally it had a 4x4 transition piece bent to a 90 to cover the corner, and that is what I want to eliminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    I think leave it the way it is. update the rubrail, do new clean plumbing and it will look oldschool badass. i think a capped back looks nice on new sleak boats, but this boat is made to just look oldschool neat!
    I actually want to keep the old-school heavy aluminum rubrail - I've never installed rubrail before, and I'm a little nervous trying to make some of these bends. I've watched some videos on doing it, but I'm afraid about making the bends without kinks, and keeping it straight.