Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    Is it top secret or can you fill us in. I noticed the parties involved left oso around the same time this boat was finished? Why?
    There was a thread on OSO way back. I do not want to re-hash it here. There is no reason too. I've seen the boat when delivered, when it ran in Smoke, and at Michigan City. An amazing piece.

Maybe some of the guys who rode in it at Michigan City could talk about some of their experiences. Unfortunately, one of those was not me. Other than that, someday we'll see what the new owner has to say.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    Is it top secret or can you fill us in. I noticed the parties involved left oso around the same time this boat was finished? Why?
    Much has been written (Mostly by me) do a serch i am to tired to start over

It is fair to say Bobby was great to work with and his passion and knowledge is amazing

But Chief was owned and run by others, that is why the boat company was not successful

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Its called Humor relax!! Maybe we have to circle the wagons and call for more reserves

By the way the interior of this boat is NOT what the original owner ordered and should be replaced with a white interior with some color trim (how it was ordered)

Bob and I talk often I have no problem with Bobby

we worked hard together on the Chief project and we continue to talk as often as time allows

He is working on restoring some old Apache stuff right now and keeping very busy
    I actually like the color of the interior. I think it complments the paint and vice versa. Whom ever owns her now is a lucky person and I am truely jealous..

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Offtopic:
    then I can help you
    I was at my Friends house today browsing around Hydros ( we brought a 2.5 Litre Hydro to our garage yesterday) in the net and other boatrelated stuff while his wife started to complain her bloodpressure meter shows all wrong.
    I told her to bring it over and while I was still browsing and joking I got the readings twice:

Upper pressure (1st/2nd) 123/116
    Lower 70/75

Pulse 46/48....

I know I can get If I relax truly down to 95/55 and the pulse down under 40...

Highest pulse reading I ever have had behind the wheel racing has been in Karting at 196, at roadracing around 185, offshore around 160.
    Tops has been Muay-Thaiboxing at 205...

In the net surfing for Wellcrafts my pulse is around 50, Cigarettes at 55 , with Sutphens ,Larry Smiths and raceboats at 65, Apaches depending on the nature of the thread everything from 40-70.
    LOL Thanks for the reality check!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    There was a thread on OSO way back. I do not want to re-hash it here. There is no reason too. I've seen the boat when delivered, when it ran in Smoke, and at Michigan City. An amazing piece.

Maybe some of the guys who rode in it at Michigan City could talk about some of their experiences. Unfortunately, one of those was not me. Other than that, someday we'll see what the new owner has to say.
    I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine. The boat is truely amazing, PERIOD. 90 mph no problem with 6 in the boat and 4-5' water. Running into, with and in quatering seas the boat handled truely amazing. The thing turned like it was on rails, landed like a pillow. What else do you want to know?????? Riding with a legend behind the wheel and sticks was truely priceless, a day I will never forget!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails me and bobby.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine. The boat is truely amazing, PERIOD. 90 mph no problem with 6 in the boat and 4-5' water. Running into, with and in quatering seas the boat handled truely amazing. The thing turned like it was on rails, landed like a pillow. What else do you want to know?????? Riding with a legend behind the wheel and sticks was truely priceless, a day I will never forget!
    You should of seen Andy. A half hour later He was still shaking and giggling like a little girl. He had a smile so big and wide he looked like a "Pez" dispenser.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    You should of seen Andy. A half hour later He was still shaking and giggling like a little girl. He had a smile so big and wide he looked like a "Pez" dispenser.
    At least you were looking at his smile. I bet that wasn't the only evidence being displayed of the ride..........

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    I rode in the boat in Michigan City thanks to Sunkin and my boyz from Mahopac Marine.

What else do you want to know??????
    Did Bobby scare the crap out of you ever??????

9. Collapse Details

Did Bobby scare the crap out of you ever??????
    nope not one bit, the boat and the driver felt really safe. And trust you me I know enough to be scared!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    Roger hit the nail of the head. I am still smiling thinking back to that day

At least you were looking at his smile. I bet that wasn't the only evidence being displayed of the ride..........

11. Collapse Details

Anytime you get a chance to go for a ride with Bobby don't let the oppurtunity pass you by!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

I was walking down the dock and ran across a couple of board members. We chatted for a minute and then I asked "Hey, would you like to meet Bobby Saccenti?"

They both got quiet and looked at their shoes.

They started to say "uh...well..."

Stecz was there- he told them "Are you out of your mind? Go shake the hand of a legend". As always, Bobby treated them like they'd bought a dozen boats from him.

13. Collapse Details

I gotta start hanging out on the right docks.........
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

14. Collapse Details

I'm bummed, I can only guess we missed seeing it/them at Kelleys by about 20-30 mins last Sunday? It was a little after 10am I think... Oh well, seeing the Chief blow our doors off was still pretty cool. If I thought we could have caught up I would have turned around but no sooner did we realize what had just happened and turned to look back, it was gone! That boat is no joke!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I was walking down the dock and ran across a couple of board members. We chatted for a minute and then I asked "Hey, would you like to meet Bobby Saccenti?"

They both got quiet and looked at their shoes.

They started to say "uh...well..."

Stecz was there- he told them "Are you out of your mind? Go shake the hand of a legend". As always, Bobby treated them like they'd bought a dozen boats from him.

Just say the word BOAT to Bobby and he will talk for hours (that is a good thing) I talked to him yesterday and he is a very busy guy right now doing some apache redoes

Everytime Bobby and I get together i hear somthing i never heard before about "the good old days" LOL
    Bobby is always great guy to hang with Just mention his name and you should get the Offshore Joe award LOL

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Just say the word BOAT to Bobby and he will talk for hours (that is a good thing) I talked to him yesterday and he is a very busy guy right now doing some apache redoes

Everytime Bobby and I get together i hear somthing i never heard before about "the good old days" LOL
    Bobby is always great guy to hang with Just mention his name and you should get the Offshore Joe award LOL
    Hours.....you have to pry yourself away from him literally!!!!!! He should write a book it would be a very exstensive novel!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Did my post get deleted or did I forget to hit "reply" ?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LEOPAJM View Post
    Did my post get deleted or did I forget to hit "reply" ?
    Hmm. I don't see a delete trail. "Hard" poofs are pretty rare here.

Post it again and we'll see.

19. Collapse Details
    Refurbishing Shop
    Glad to hear Bob is still in the business, refurbishing older Apache's, etc. It keeps a guy young at heart. Where exactly, is his shop, or what shop does he work out of?

20. Collapse Details

give him a buzz!