1. Collapse Details
    West Coast Cats on the East Coast ?
    I have pondered this question for a while, but have yet to come up with a good answer. The West Coast cat builders; Eliminator, DCB, Advantage, Magic, Ultra, to name a few, seem to do OK in their own backyard but not on the east coast. I don't perceive the same geographic preference with builders like Skater and Nor-Tech. Why the difference ?

Does the center "pod" that appears to be common on the west coast boats adversely affect running characteristics ? Does the pod cause difficulty in the Atlantic and the Gulf ? Or, is it simply the cost of transportation from the west coast that limits the number of those boats that we see here ?

Tom C

2. Collapse Details

I saw some poker run shots from TN this year and was suprised at the number of DCBs and Eliminators.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Megabyte*3 View Post
    I have pondered this question for a while, but have yet to come up with a good answer. The West Coast cat builders; Eliminator, DCB, Advantage, Magic, Ultra, to name a few, seem to do OK in their own backyard but not on the east coast. I don't perceive the same geographic preference with builders like Skater and Nor-Tech. Why the difference ?

Does the center "pod" that appears to be common on the west coast boats adversely affect running characteristics ? Does the pod cause difficulty in the Atlantic and the Gulf ? Or, is it simply the cost of transportation from the west coast that limits the number of those boats that we see here ?

Tom C
    Center Pod ? I do not see an advantage with the added drag.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    I saw some poker run shots from TN this year and was suprised at the number of DCBs and Eliminators.
    Yea buts thats on a lake.

5. Collapse Details

My ex-siter-in-law's dad had an Eliminator in the FL Keys. My brother, who bought his old boat (Donzi) and lived next door, used to bust his balls all the time about the Elim. being a blue light special boat. Something about it just didn't last on the east coast. The hardware and a bunch of other stuff was just falling apart... His Donzi was, and still is, fine and kept in the same environment.

That could have been an oddball case... who knows. Everyone seems to love them and I don't see many ragged out.

6. Collapse Details

Some a$$clown is running a 32 DCB with big power on Paw Paw Lake in Michigan where my dad's summer home is at. Lake is 1000 acres and usually FULL of pwc's, pontoons and ski boats. He doesn't have too many friends out there.

7. Collapse Details

I have owned center pod tunnels and true cats. The West coast style center pod is a nice lake boat as they have no porpoise and give a nice soft ride. In big water they are a handful. A true cat will be much better in rough water and is normally faster on top end as well.

8. Collapse Details

32 DCB on a 1000 acre lake? WOW
    I live on a 360 acre lake and cannot belive some of the bigger rigs that appear now again. But our only A$$clown runs a Sea Ray SD 24 foot cruiser. Keeps it on a humgous lift and runs around the lake once a year trying to ski or tube behind it. "Affectionately" (NOT) known as the Queen Mary of our area. Atleast his tug doesn't top out any more than 30 mph...

I have seen a Cig Top Gun, a 38 Baja, and a 34 PowerQuest there for short runs.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Some a$$clown is running a 32 DCB with big power on Paw Paw Lake in Michigan where my dad's summer home is at. Lake is 1000 acres and usually FULL of pwc's, pontoons and ski boats. He doesn't have too many friends out there.

he has every right to be out there as well...as long as hey follows the rules...the problem is many of the old timers and family members feel because how it was for the last 30 years as to the boating goes, doesn't approve of change. With a 1000 acres everyone should be getting along. Next they'll be *****in about his wild paint job, and he's an alcholic on crack... the stereo-types need to go away. The majority of us are fun lovin sober family guys letting off a little steam on the weekends. So tell your dad to put that in his pipe and smoke it..just kidding..
    Last edited by Jassman; 09-11-2009 at 07:44 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    They arent built for big water. Great on Havasu but wont make it in rough stuff

11. Collapse Details

Yah, you know I was going to add that we don't generally see them out here in the ocean either.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

12. Collapse Details

Nothing 36 and under is good in big water.
    I did see 3 or 4 eliminators at LOTO receivng trophies at the shootout.

13. Collapse Details

registered
    I think it's the goofy flames. You guys can keep 'em.