Thread: OPA rally

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    How races do most racers want in a year anyway?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    The part that gets me is the results from the race do not even reflect what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I looked at the standings and have no issue.
    Jim,

I am not trying to start something with you, but it is quite frustrating to be told there is an issue, then oops nah its ok, dont worry about it. I am willing to make the calls and try my best to make you happy. You have a valid concern, you and I with our trained eyes know that a boat finishing 3-4 laps vs every other team finishing every lap how it played out, but the general public looks at that and would think that Bruce and Randy finished in second. As I said in a previous post, if there is a problem, I do my best to find a solution.

What you just did in the above quotes was just about what most racers do, they complain, but dont want it fixed cause if everything was fixed they wouldnt have something to *itch about.

Sorry for the rant and I dont mean any ill will, but I am sure you can see my frustration.

I will let it go, but I seriously mean this, if IMCO or any other team has an issue or problem, I more than likely wont be able to fix, but I am willing to stick my neck out their for any racer and try to get answers as to the reason why which could help that team and/or racer go forward.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Standings and Results are two different things.

I don't want to you to stick your neck out for me. Thank you. It would be nice though if results reflected what happened. Progressive won not Vortec.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    trent thanks, in my post i said ( i think the uppers need to help,} in you last words to ray ( you think the racers can fix it ) i wish there was something we all could do. b ut we are forced to choose one or pay up. my point is i think there is a medium here, who is willing to make the first step. would it make sence to squeez 5000 dollars out of 15 teams and have a barely got away with it show, or get 3000 dollars out of 40 teams and have the new era show. it,s only so long we are going to get away with 12 / 15 boat shows, right now the cities don.t know any better, it,s been going on so long they think that it is normal. thanks again george jr.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    How races do most racers want in a year anyway?
    I've always looked at 8 plus Nationals, plus Worlds for the perfect season. That basically gives you a race every other weekend for the entire late spring/summer/early fall, plus Worlds.

But I've only experienced a season like that while motorcycle racing. Easier to get around than towing a boat.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Concerning cost, when Billy made his arrangement with JC, did anyone from OPA think to call and make a similar deal?(serious question, I really dont know the answer) If I remember right, the option was for any OSS teams to race w/o paying fees.

I can only speak for myself, but in 2007 when I chose to race Chattanooga, I was speaking to JC directly about something and the Chat subject came up. He said,"Have a great time, be safe, and show those P4 guys how its done" Unfortunatly I wasnt allowed to run Class 4, but thats neither here nor there and in the past. I have no clue as to what is said to other racers as I am not privey to every conversation JC has, but to me sounds like the answer to you question is yes, racing where you want applies to all SBI racers, wasnt "National Guard" in Patchague?

Your exactly right and hopefully in the years to come Point will be moved back to its original dates or at least to non conflicting dates and as I said in previous posts on this thread, no one from OPA will have their loyalities questioned ever again. Thats the tactics of the former OSS, but it does seem that the new OSS has changed its approach.

Best to you Louie and good luck/be safe wherever you race,

Trent
    Thanks Trent,
    After our last race in Cambridge I am gonna run an OSS Race in LOTO with Ryan Beckley, OPA President Ed Smith told me have fun , be careful and Ryan is a great guy and a great racer. I am hoping to see Billy there and further push for the continuity that has been developing with the Orgs. Keeping in touch and keeping communications open is key so that race dates don't continue to hit the same weekends. I have to commend him on the breaking of bread with the SBI after leaving there kind of abruptly, I'm just confused about the reasoning behind the change of heart, Former OSS Pres. Ron Polli put a ton of effort into joining forces at race sites and Point Pleasant was one of them as was Patchogue, N.Y. yet certain teams silently boycotted this, well my hand goes out to the teams that raced. Thank you, Louie

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I've always looked at 8 plus Nationals, plus Worlds for the perfect season. That basically gives you a race every other weekend for the entire late spring/summer/early fall, plus Worlds.

But I've only experienced a season like that while motorcycle racing. Easier to get around than towing a boat.
    A race a month from March to November is 9, that is 7 plus nationals and worlds. Gives you plenty of time for travel, repairs, setup changes, testing and sometimes just a break from it all.

You see what happens when races get to close to each other, teams start staying home picking one or another. The back to backs and even the every other weekend become a bit to much unless you have nothing else to do except travel and race, not that there would be anything wrong with that.

8. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Dave,

Thanks for the support !

I need to catch some Z's.

Hopefully when I wake up all of the Cleveland Construction Images will be in the gallery.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/opappbclevelandconst

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 09-15-2009 at 02:29 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Just what you have been waiting for Dave !

10. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking

11. Collapse Details

Neutral drives, neutral tabs, boat is flying level = excellent work Dave!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Great shots tim.
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Tim I can almost tell you what pitch the are running. Nice shots
    MD

14. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thanks !

I could have frozen the prop but it just was not the look I was going for...
    This was a bit trickier to do.....

15. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Others that rallied on to Point:

16. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    great shots

17. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    great shots
    THANK YOU !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 09-15-2009 at 09:17 PM.

18. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Neutral drives, neutral tabs, boat is flying level = excellent work Dave!!!!
    equals LET 'ER EAT!! . . . . great day to put everything in neutral except the trans and put the sticks in the kitchen

Awesome awesome shots Shark! Ed asked me what the fuel pressure was and i had to tell him i forgot . . . . now i know

Yo da man Tim!!
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

19. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES

20. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post

Awesome awesome shots Shark! Ed asked me what the fuel pressure was and i had to tell him i forgot . . . . now i know

Yo da man Tim!!
    Thanks Dave !!!