Thread: OPA rally

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    Also, I'm not making any promises but I personally put in a request to have the boats leave the Inlet on plane.

Good news is they are looking into it. So there just might be a possibility. But it is always the final call up to the Coast Guard even if they say yes today, depending on the conditions of the day they have the right to say no.

Keep your fingers crossed and be at the Inlet. Hopefully we get the go ahead....
    That has already been handled with the USCG

2. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    That has already been handled with the USCG
    Cool !!!

Wave forecast so far:

3. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Exclamation
    For anyone running on the Hudson this weekend beware !!!
    After a week of heavy winds and rain the Hudson will certainly be an obstacle course of large trees, pilings and anything else that floats off the banks from up river when the water levels rise..

Becareful!

4. Collapse Details

Just got home from work, turns out the racers party for the NYC race was at the Hard Rock in Times Square, just accross Broadway from my restaurant Got to see a few people I know...

Would have rather seen you all in Point Pleasant

Thats where I'll be this Sunday, look forward seeing everyone else there

imax

5. Collapse Details

winds have calmed and the surf is dwindling, should be a good race tomorrow.

6. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    We are a path to a great day of racing. Sunny clear skies today with temp being around 80.

Seas should be just enough for some good air shots.

I will be in the AIR today pulling double duty. Spotter for the Angel ONE Divers and secondly my coverage.

I'll be back tonight. Have a great day all.

I know I will.....:drink:

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    tim do you have any results yet , thanks george jr

8. Collapse Details

Point was awesome Great time had by all
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

9. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    tim do you have any results yet , thanks george jr
    Sorry George,

I assumed Jeff was taking the reins on that as he has in the past few events.

He was advertising Helicopter Photos and that his thread was going to be UPDATED DAILY...

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeframevideo View Post
    Point Pleasant offshore Grand Prix By Freeze Frame These photos From 2008 Point This Will Be Updated Every Day All Helicopter Photos and pits will be here see you at the race jeff
    It appears he decided to leave the Point Pleasant Beach race site and did not cover the Race. Had we known he had the left, we could have had someone else post the results.

I just got into my office and processing my images now.

I am sure Smitty can chime in with the results soon.

For now, Fast Shafts has posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    Class6
    1) Wazzup Jr.
    2) Cotner Trailers
    3) Lock'd Up
    Class 5
    1) Specialized Racing
    2) Whos your Daddy
    3) Typhoon
    Class 4
    1) Fast Company
    2) Simply Awesome
    3) Nuwave Marine
    Class 3
    1) Wanted
    2) Bull on the Beach
    Class V
    1) Wazzup
    2) Strictly Business
    3) Bad Boy
    Class
    1) Cleveland Construction
    2) Lightening Jacks

These are off the top of my head-think I gottem right.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imax View Post
    Just got home from work, turns out the racers party for the NYC race was at the Hard Rock in Times Square, just accross Broadway from my restaurant Got to see a few people I know...

Would have rather seen you all in Point Pleasant

Thats where I'll be this Sunday, look forward seeing everyone else there

imax
    Thanks for the hospitality at the restaurant Bruce, your staff is second to none. We had a great time in the City Friday night and good to see ya in the Point
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

11. Collapse Details

Thank You to The entire staff that has put the Point Pleasant Race together.
    It was awesome and a great time. It would be great if The Point Race and NYC race were on different weekends we would love to attend both. What also would be great is if the NYC race cost us racers the same to race as the Point did. I don't want to stir the pot but there are some questions I have about the race dates and some odds and ends. I know as a promoter of a race site I know that the cities often dictate what weekend a race can be held and there are so many other events that it gets very narrow. The last time I raced at NYC I was told there wouldn't be any rescue copters due to 9-11, I asked why don't they move the race to a different date for safety's sake? Didn't get an answer. Later after speaking with an authority I was told that there is no issue with copters flying and site seeing copters are up everyday. We raced with out them and luckily we didnt need one. I made a choice where I race this weekend or should i say 5 years ago and thats with the OPA. We are never questioned or told we cannot race with other organizations, does that hold true for all our fellow racers. Lets hope we can get the dates to miss each other and we can work on " United We Race" .

Louie

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Louietherigger View Post
    What also would be great is if the NYC race cost us racers the same to race as the Point did.

We are never questioned or told we cannot race with other organizations, does that hold true for all our fellow racers.

Louie
    Concerning cost, when Billy made his arrangement with JC, did anyone from OPA think to call and make a similar deal?(serious question, I really dont know the answer) If I remember right, the option was for any OSS teams to race w/o paying fees.

I can only speak for myself, but in 2007 when I chose to race Chattanooga, I was speaking to JC directly about something and the Chat subject came up. He said,"Have a great time, be safe, and show those P4 guys how its done" Unfortunatly I wasnt allowed to run Class 4, but thats neither here nor there and in the past. I have no clue as to what is said to other racers as I am not privey to every conversation JC has, but to me sounds like the answer to you question is yes, racing where you want applies to all SBI racers, wasnt "National Guard" in Patchague?

Your exactly right and hopefully in the years to come Point will be moved back to its original dates or at least to non conflicting dates and as I said in previous posts on this thread, no one from OPA will have their loyalities questioned ever again. Thats the tactics of the former OSS, but it does seem that the new OSS has changed its approach.

Best to you Louie and good luck/be safe wherever you race,

Trent
    Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 09-14-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Concerning cost, when Billy made his arrangement with JC, did anyone from OPA think to call and make a similar deal?(serious question, I really dont know the answer) If I remember right, the option was for any OSS teams to race w/o paying fees.

I can only speak for myself, but in 2007 when I chose to race Chattanooga, I was speaking to JC directly about something and the Chat subject came up. He said,"Have a great time, be safe, and show those P4 guys how its done" Unfortunatly I wasnt allowed to run Class 4, but thats neither here nor there and in the past. I have no clue as to what is said to other racers as I am not privey to every conversation JC has, but to me sounds like the answer to you question is yes, racing where you want applies to all SBI racers, wasnt "National Guard" in Patchague?

Your exactly right and hopefully in the years to come Point will be moved back to its original dates or at least to non conflicting dates and as I said in previous posts on this thread, no one from OPA will have their loyalities questioned ever again. Thats the tactics of the former OSS, but it does seem that the new OSS has changed its approach.

Best to you Louie and good luck/be safe wherever you race,

Trent
    trent you are right we were welcomed to race with sbi , if we paid to race in another racing saction body, so i lobbied real hard to get as many as i could come to sarasota we had 5 svl,s , however if you look at the website we were not documented . the last place boat is credited with the win? when i questioned it ? answer was, you can race if you pay entry fee and riders fees , 1475.00 but won,t be scored, now i,m trying to get people to come to clearwater , and they are all looking at me crosseyed. some of us cant afford to pay all the differant org fees (3 or 4) it would be about 10,000 dollars without even starting a race. so we are forced to look at a schedule that we can afford to run and make our decision. i don,t beleive the problem is the racers ( well there is 2 or 3 ) i think the people at the top need to figure out how to ? i know it can be done because i was at an opa race in patchog, it had a great site , promoter,fans,venders, and the teams pay a very nominal equiptment fee , and race all year without ever laying out another dollar,and win big purses. , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i know the usualls are going to chime in an d go into defence attact mode, this is not a smash , i think it is the time of the year to look foward towards next year, and come up with some solutions, and every one will be the winner. thanks trent george jr.

14. Collapse Details

George,

After reading a couple of times I think I understand your point, but would really unfair for me to speak for others as I am sure there is another side to this scenario. I will be making some phone calls in order to get to the bottom of this situation and I will either give you a buzz or send you the results. I have a good idea already, but as I said I will not speak for others.

Cut me some slack on the time frame as everyone is still out of town getting ready for the Morehead race this weekend coming up, but I will do my best to get answers in a timely basis for you.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Well since it has been previously High Jacked I will chime in too.

Trent, I understand The agreement that was made for pro rated equipment fees teams not getting National points. That is what it is. The part that gets me is the results from the race do not even reflect what happened. I recall seeing the teams added to the roster list before the results were posted. Now that time has pasted it was if we were not even there. No points is ok , but We should at least see the results of how everyone finished posted. They clearly enjoy seeing us in the list of Teams.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    George,

After reading a couple of times I think I understand your point, but would really unfair for me to speak for others as I am sure there is another side to this scenario. I will be making some phone calls in order to get to the bottom of this situation and I will either give you a buzz or send you the results. I have a good idea already, but as I said I will not speak for others.

Cut me some slack on the time frame as everyone is still out of town getting ready for the Morehead race this weekend coming up, but I will do my best to get answers in a timely basis for you.

Trent
    it,s all good i,m not crying about it , i,m hoping we can come up with a solution so ALL org,s can show up with a big boat count like the old days.

17. Collapse Details
    Let me know also...
    Lightbulb
    Trent,

Work your magic..., I'm working on accommodations for teams in SVL, and any teams that are not fortunate enough this season, to have major sponsorship contributors. We can take a huge step forward (as a sport) in Clearwater, by having as many participate as possible.

The cameras are rolling, but that's half the story in Clearwater...

Coach

PS: PM, if your team is sitting on the fence and could enter Clearwater with a little help...

18. Collapse Details

Jim,

I just want to get this straight b4 I go and open up a can of worms, all you guys desire is the results to reflect the actual result? Also is it ok that Vortec even though as being listed in last place show that he is awarded the 500 points with him being a member? I can not make promises but I just want to be clear as to what you and George desire.

George,

I never took you as crying and believe me I am no Frank, nor pull the weight that he does or have anybodies ear as he does, but I am not afraid to call anyone and get answers. All I can do is ask and repond to you with my results of the inquiry.

Ray,

Is I had so much magic, I would be out there racing with my friends in stead of sitting behind this keyboard. I have said time and time again that each association has fleas, each team just needs to pick the one that they feel has the least and go race and have fun. In order to bring this sport to the next level, all differences need to be put aside and we need to suck in our guts, but unfortunatly that will never happen as there are too many self serving teams and the egoes will not allow it. Even though I have lived in several places in my lifetime, I am originally from Charlotte which we all know what is based there in motorsports. It came from moonshiners to where it is now, why cant our sport come from drug runners to a new plateau? I can dream, but I am just one person, I cant fix this sport, all of us as racers can.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Trent.
    I don't think it is necessary to open a can of worms. It is what it is. I looked at the standings and have no issue. I looked at the results and it is just a list. I assumed results would show the finish order. It does not in SVL.

I enjoyed the event. And appreciate that we were given the opportunity to run with you guys. Thank You.

Coach,
    Thanks for thinking of SVL. My season is over at the end of this month. Surgery Oct 5.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Coach,
    Thanks for thinking of SVL. My season is over at the end of this month. Surgery Oct 5.
    Gonna be well by November ????????? (Can of Worms).
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!