Thread: Tab Placement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I used to work on one . It was a 30 or 31. Maybe late '70's early 80's boat.

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I got a real good deal on the 380's otherwise I would have probably went to 280's. That being said, I put them parallel to the hull halfway between the drive and the outer chine. The main reason I wanted the bigger tabs was for the ride, and the 380's make a huge difference in the rough. It takes very little tab to keep the bow down. If I was to do it again I would still do the 380's.

My boat is dead solid into the mid 80's and will be better with the hydraulic steering. The only time it chines at all is on dead smooth water and light on fuel/people.

I guess I might as well take them off though since I don't have a ext. box
    Your robing speed with the 380's versus the 280's without a box ,,is all i am saying.
    yes u would need to trim the tabs a tat lower with 280's but they would not drag as much !!!!
    I am not trying to be a smarta$$,,,i just whanted to help u because i been there.
    Your welcome anyways.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I used to work on one . It was a 30 or 31. Maybe late '70's early 80's boat.
    The ones i seen had no pad,,,and the reason why your X boss cut one on them ,,,is because they did not have one .
    Everybody here in Sarasota in the boat business back then actually thought Reggie was grazy,,,,and he proofed them all wrong .LOL

I find the pics !!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Keep an eye out for a used set of 280 plates. They'll swap right out for the 380's. That is a lot of tab for a 24' boat...

5. Collapse Details

I'll swap my 280's for the 380's. I've been looking for a set.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9.JPG   3.JPG  
    Last edited by MattBMiller; 10-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.

6. Collapse Details

I like the 380's. They will be staying on, unless they come off to go on another hull. I can bury them all the way running slow and they don't submarine the boat or anything funny. When they are all the way up they don't touch the water so I don't see how I can be scrubbing speed in smooth water, and in rough water it takes very little tab to keep the bow down and flying level. Haven't found a downside yet.