86 22' that I sold two years back... 502 mag
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22pac.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

I always liked the Pachanga's !
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Depthcharge View Post
    updated 1987 38kv scarab And the new project 87 22' Velocity
    the Velocity is a very cool boat!!!! Wonder how many were made with that setup

4. Collapse Details
    '79 Formula 255 Liberator

On it's way back....Vintage 1979 Formula

5. Collapse Details

Found my old Baja online for sale again. Great boat, had a lot of fun with this boat. The add reads always rack stored, I don't think so?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0052183A.jpg   0052183B.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Nova Marine 24, twin v-drives.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SpaCreek.JPG   1.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Nice ride. What year is it? It looks spotless.

8. Collapse Details

Thanks for the kind words. She's not spotless but pretty good for a 40ish year old boat--hull #60 of the 24s from Brownie's shop. I wish I knew for sure what year that translated to--I'd guess '71. Completely gutted to the keel and rebuilt from 2002 - 2004. I bought it 3 or 4 years after the rebuild.

Trying to figure out what's in your avatar. Magnum 27/28? Cig? Looks like a classic.

Regards,

Mike
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-24-2011 at 08:44 PM.

9. Collapse Details

That's a good looking boat Mike.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You boat is just too cool. I had an old Wellcraft Nova with twin 302's, but the real deal is the real deal. Congratulations.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

11. Collapse Details

Your 24 just brings me back. It is such an honest, straightforward boat. I'm climbing up on my soapbox so beware. It unabashedly sports a functional windshield, cleats, louvers,and rails. The paint is classic and devoid of any modern silliness. If you're ever tempted to install any blingy,tribal, hot pink, lavender, cartoony or otherwise tacky accessories, let me know and I'll fly out there and talk you back from the edge.

12. Collapse Details

"Trying to figure out what's in your avatar. Magnum 27/28? Cig? Looks like a classic."

Definitely a classic. It's a 1979 Pantera. I love it. But it would sure be nice to have a windsheild like yours. Especially for those early spring and fall runs .
    Cheers,
    Tom

13. Collapse Details

Thanks, there is a lot I love about the boat. And the v-drive setup is pretty rugged and simple. But I'm still curious to see how it would be with sterndrives, like the Wellcraft. Much more efficient.

I think it would interesting to try either a twin all-aluminum 300HP smallblock setup (as light as possible, say under 1500 lbs of running gear) with duoprops, or a 540-636 big single with a Konrad (perhaps 1300 lbs of running gear). But part of me hates the thought of saying goodbye to one of the few remaining v-drive boats, even though mine is already semi resto-modded.

So far, lack of money and sentiment are camped out together on this one.

I've also thought about picking up a Wellcraft for experimentation. They did a few things with the boat that I liked, also, design-wise. How was the build quality of yours? Do you think any old one (say, '77 or earlier) will almost certainly need stringer/transom work if it hasn't had it already?

The Panteras look great to me. Those, and the Martini 25/26 ("whatever it takes") strike me as fantastic designs that I'd really overlooked until very recently. And the Martini has a windshield.
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-26-2011 at 04:57 PM.

14. Collapse Details

Here's the thing about your boat: It's the genuine article from back in the day right out of Brownie's shop. That hull is never really going to be a speed demon, but the ride is fantastic. Please don't ever consider putting a different drive configuration in it. The build quality of my Wellcraft was fair to good, but quality varied widely boat to boat. Yes, there were a few things "sleeker" on my Nova, but nowhere near worth the trade-off for your piece of history. Brownie is a member on this board and could probably give you the complete run down on you boat, you may want to PM him. All the best to you. - Jeff

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    The old boats can still go. Carlo Bonomi's 1973 35 foot Cigarette Dry Martini, owned by Mike Bontoft, in the Cowes Torquay Cowes 2010 race. It won the historic division.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C99 and Dry Martini.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    The old boats can still go.
    They certainly can. All of the below with the exception of the blue Velocity competed in last year's Cowes Torquay Cowes race (178 nm) in some very nasty conditions.

Mike Bonoft did the immaculate restoration and re-rigging of both Uno Embassy and Dry Martini.

The blue Velocity is the last boat that I raced in the UK before moving back to the States in 2006.

All photos by Graham Stevens except Bounty Hunter (Nigel Barrett) and the Velocity (Tim Stevens).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Dry Martini is my favorite Offshore Raceboat.......ever !
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    They certainly can. All of the below with the exception of the blue Velocity competed in last year's Cowes Torquay Cowes race (178 nm) in some very nasty conditions.

Mike Bonoft did the immaculate restoration and re-rigging of both Uno Embassy and Dry Martini.

The blue Velocity is the last boat that I raced in the UK before moving back to the States in 2006.

All photos by Graham Stevens except Bounty Hunter (Nigel Barrett) and the Velocity (Tim Stevens).
    Very cool Apache

19. Collapse Details

Great thread. Didn't see any Sonic's represented so I thought I better drop in. '88 33 SE. Brought her home new in 88 and have never been able to part with her. (Yes that goes for the boat and the babe)

20. Collapse Details

what boat?