Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post

3)The Fountain intentionally at the start of the race in ST. Clair attempted to run three other boats off the course

Both the driver and the throttleperson have admitted that in the heat of the moment they made a navigational error and were running toward turn marker 2 vs 1 (an error that many veteran teams have made)....Doc Janssen and the team issued a formal letter of apology to the other boats affected and the OPA

TEAM CEM
    Bullhead,
    Thank you for your response.. But I don't buy it. Doc had issue with the starting line up. His driver also indicated he would rather start SBI style. Further after all the laps he tested and the 12 laps he ran in the race immediately preceding ours I fail to except a driver of his caliber who routinely races at much higher speeds made such a mistake. There is no way with four eyes in that boat they could not see where they were supposed to go.

The issue was then compounded by the fact the team insisted on being awarded the trophy after admitting such a dangerous mistake was made.

Its done and over with.. I am moving on.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Manitie ,wheres all my ilmore attire? ( I,ve literally worn out all my AMF and Reliable carriers advertisements )I;ll hang the banner right on the side of the isis ferry bridge, Tons of traffic right there on 68 on the way to maryland.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Sitting here waiting for you to show up at a race...
    Don't tell me I have to Key West...
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

4. Collapse Details

On the first lap I was throttling to the red channel marker bouy directly behind the first turn marker. Hit the corner about 10mph faster than I wanted to. Mistakes do happen and I even live in St Clair and have more seat time there than anyone other than Ed Smith.

Just saying, may be it was a mistake. Like in C5 when the top 3 boats cut the markers and were sent to last. No one protested and no one complained.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Sitting here waiting for you to show up at a race...
    Don't tell me I have to Key West...
    I will be in key west . I,m almost done with this project .Cant wait to get back into it again . I miss it a lot .I met the the coolest people ,most of whom have almost nothing in common except "offshore "

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    [QUOTEJust saying, may be it was a mistake. Like in C5 when the top 3 boats cut the markers and were sent to last. No one protested and no one complained.[/QUOTE]

If they cut the markers, and a penalty was assessed, why would anyone complain?
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Guys and Ladies

Let's be realistic the Team in question while not racing for very long is already well known for these types of antics. Their actions at races and poker runs are well documented and repeated by them again and again. It appears they think they can say whatever and get a pass. This reply from OSO in response to the controversy they caused in Key West 2009 is quite humorous or demented you decide.

In it appears the good Dr thinks that us common folk do not know what an Osteopath's role is in the medical field.
    Steve

Nikki, I am the owner of the Saratoga Stampede boat and I am surprised that our race has
    created so much excitement and controversy on this website. Let me start by saying that I
    have nothing but the utmost respect for your father, Benny and the rest of the Panasonic
    team. They are a fantastic crew and have done nothing but great things in promoting Vee
    bottoms in Powerboat racing. A patient of mine told me to check out this thread and I was
    surprised to see some of the comments. I understand your frustration and disappointment.
    In my profession, split second decisions often do make the difference in saving
    somebody’s life. Brian and I would never put your father’s, Benny’s , or our own lives in
    danger at any event or during a race.
    Offshore racing a fun and exciting sport, but safety
    should be promoted above all else.
    Building relationships are what these events are all
    about. Brian and I had a great week at the World Championship and from what I heard, it
    was an exciting race for all of the fans to watch. We believe that, safety is never
    accidental. Key West marks the end of our season. Now it’s time for Team Saratoga
    Stampede to get ready for our winter adventures in snowmobiling racing where at 32
    degrees, water turns to freedom. I hope to see the Panasonic boat again competing in
    “Doc”
    Team Saratoga Stampede

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I am now sticking my pointing finger down my throat,,,then a big laugh,,,lolol it wont end !!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    [QUOTEJust saying, may be it was a mistake. Like in C5 when the top 3 boats cut the markers and were sent to last. No one protested and no one complained.
    If they cut the markers, and a penalty was assessed, why would anyone complain?[/QUOTE]

Why is there so much going on in this thread?

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    If they cut the markers, and a penalty was assessed, why would anyone complain?
    Why is there so much going on in this thread?[/QUOT

It seems that few if any think it was an unintentional move. This combined with the fact that the other penalty for the off the course after race actions cause the results to net out to exactly the same result (effectively the Fountain was not penalized).

Steve

11. Collapse Details

The Fountain was given a one minute penalty for not holding it's lane. As per the rule book. Intentional or not, that is the rule. Had the rest of the class acted like the professionals they are supposed to be. There would not have been any other penalties handed out and the finishing order would have been different. The real issue here is a new weapon came to the game. I warned George all winter long to address your rules. With the hype of P1 backing the class, it was obvious that new manufacturers would look to showcase their product. As a result mothballing the rest of the fleet. So now what do you do. Sit here and cry on your keyboard, or find a solution. For starters, a max prop pitch mandated to control the top speed of the class. Work towards a solution. Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    The Fountain was given a one minute penalty for not holding it's lane. As per the rule book. Intentional or not, that is the rule. Had the rest of the class acted like the professionals they are supposed to be. There would not have been any other penalties handed out and the finishing order would have been different. The real issue here is a new weapon came to the game. I warned George all winter long to address your rules. With the hype of P1 backing the class, it was obvious that new manufacturers would look to showcase their product. As a result mothballing the rest of the fleet. So now what do you do. Sit here and cry on your keyboard, or find a solution. For starters, a max prop pitch mandated to control the top speed of the class. Work towards a solution. Smitty
    So than as a professional why did you change the agreement we had after Doc had a few words with you? My outbust were due to you caving into Doc.

13. Collapse Details

I needed the 50 Bucks.

Honestly there was no time there to settle what had happened on the race coarse. There was a protest, and as I explained to you it would be a few days before, we could go through the footage. I decided to score the race, the way the scorrers saw it. My decision. Your reaction, was of no fault of mine. After reviewing the footage, a decision was made. And it was correct. You should have had enough confindence in the OPA to sort through the video and come up with the right call. The results would have then been in your favor, and this tread would probably not exist. Smitty
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

14. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Smitty ,, the class agrees with you,we even took a vote on prop diam max ,, and min x dim,,it was voted in by all,,the next day the "TEAM" sent out a letter telling the class they changed their mind ( I,m sure after confiding in the engineers ) and we were not aloud to do what we have been doing with our rules for the past 5 years , now that they are here,, ,,in short the class has always voted on parity issues when needed,,and now were told by the NEW team that we can,t change anything for a year,,,conveniently they use rules of all the org,s to suit their agenda,,, it,s no secret the antics on and off the course by this company have a 10 year track record ,,with the same results,,,someone getting banned and another class destroyed ,,,the reason were all sitting here looking stupid,,,,,WE HAVE NOT LEARNED FROM HISTORY !!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

15. Collapse Details

if there was no time to settle the dispute, why hand out the trophys? that makes no since. if you gave them a 1 minute penalty, they would have finished behind boatfloater and typhoon by my stop watch. is the new weopon you are refering to the fountain, the teams lawyer, or payed off officials?

16. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    if there was no time to settle the dispute, why hand out the trophys? that makes no since. if you gave them a 1 minute penalty, they would have finished behind boatfloater and typhoon by my stop watch. is the new weopon you are refering to the fountain, the teams lawyer, or payed off officials?
    Dude get a clue....

They gave out no awards in SVL class that night...they announced it was under protest...

Funny how Mike A said...

"There is no harm in explaining things to the public. The LLC always did that in these circumstances, but often times those who believed they were the victims still felt that way after the explanation, picked up their ball and went somewhere else anyway, and/or continued to hammer the sanctioning body on the public message boards, calling the body and leaders names, accusing them of wrongdoing, favoritism, etc., etc."

and its happening again...
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    another class destroyed ,,,the reason were all sitting here looking stupid,,,,,WE HAVE NOT LEARNED FROM HISTORY !!!
    Somehow, "I told you so", just doesn't quite do it.

18. Collapse Details

they announced that they were not going to give out awards for svl due to protest, then 15 minutes later, after doc demanded them to do so, they did. dude, get a clue

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    He warned you .

I still think an ilmore in the white boat could take it out .

20. Collapse Details

Baldtires i dont know you and im not sure if your with a race team, but your out of line. The penalties were given after the event, we gave out trophies knowing the results were unofficial "keyword" unofficial the official ruling was given after all the penalties were given. There were no paid officials thats an ignorant statement. Now your arguement is pointless even nascar gives a trophy out to the unofficial winner and our convorsation is over. Now guys im embarresed by some of your actions at the site and on this website. What happend on the coarse was totally uncalled for and there were reprocussions. But at the same time were RACING. I had a chance to meet most of you and you seem like good people but you guys have to play nice in the sandbox. I blew my motor wile leading the biggest race of my season you didnt see me posting threads about my mechanic or not even for a second consider sabotage. Im not saying you guys are right or wrong, all i ask for is for the bickering to end and handle this like men. I guess im asking for a little Sportsmenship and Proffeshionalism, and please if your not a racer or you werent there please stop chiming in.
    Boomer