Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

hey steve i have dannys old powerplay racing boat. the B1 boat that rique ford used to race. do you know what that boat weighed in at??? also, anything interesting about that particular boat????

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 302sport View Post
    hey steve i have dannys old powerplay racing boat. the B1 boat that rique ford used to race. do you know what that boat weighed in at??? also, anything interesting about that particular boat????
    If we are on the same page here, the Bagged Airex Boat? That boat weighed @1845 (I have to check on that) pounds when built ready for nuts and bolts it was a national champion and gold coast champion, 1" Airex Kevlar/Glass/S-glass with a carbon fiber transom there is a complete set of photos on the construction that Danny has as with every thing there at that time also was a sister boat "C" class for outboards it was a little lighter in the 1700 pound range and was converted to pleasure and is alive and well in the Bahamas. I thought Teague bought that from Danny then I lost track of it
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

yeah thats the exact boat. teague did have the boat, and it is now a side by side pleasure boat. wow that seems really light.......i am just dialing it in right now with a pair of 540's making about 600hp, what do you think it should run??? still has the #4's with the boxes.........

4. Collapse Details

haha i thought u were going to call me awhile back????? steve, how much lighter is that than a standard glass PP????

5. Collapse Details

haha i thought u were going to call me awhile back????? steve, how much lighter is that than a standard glass PP????
    The weights were all logged I will get the numbers with the inner liner and without and the new hull after 94.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

6. Collapse Details

Thanks everyone for allowing us to explain some interesting history and some cool technology - I am hoping Steve1 will go a little further and detail some of the REALLY COOL stuff - he knows what I am talking about!!!

7. Collapse Details

I will do some on the Cheetah 8 that was a cool story and in that short vid there was one of the one piece fishing boats running in "S" Class as well.

8. Collapse Details

how did the powerplay name come about???????

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Steve
    Did you ever register the design ( or whatever you need to do to protect it)
    Who owns that design now?
    Cheers

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Out of time it has to go.

Didnt realize Bill Drove this

11. Collapse Details

The weights were all logged I will get the numbers with the inner liner and without and the new hull after 94.
    UMMM,

Did Danny have a little case of OCD

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Steve
    Did you ever register the design ( or whatever you need to do to protect it)
    Who owns that design now?
    Cheers
    The design is my property but I saw the surf cat guy hanging around one of my boats then the RIB's appeared with a strikingly similar bottom.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    UMMM,

Did Danny have a little case of OCD
    Danny was a good photographer and he took thousands of pictures and a lot of video tape as well . He has complete sets of pictures going back to the first race boats.

14. Collapse Details

Didnt realize Bill Drove this
    Without Bill and Steve 2 I never would have built the first Cat,same working with Jack Clark that allowed me to build larger Cats.
    Last edited by Steve 1; 04-01-2010 at 09:42 AM.

15. Collapse Details

how did the powerplay name come about???????
    Hockey is what Dan told me there was that kind of Powerplay stuff all around his office.

16. Collapse Details

Without Bill and Steve 2 I never would have built the first Cat.
    Bill is a good guy, stubborn, but still a good guy

17. Collapse Details

Danny was a good photographer and he took thousands of pictures and a lot of video tape as well . He has complete sets of pictures going back to the first race boats.
    Not saying that as a bad thing, just with all the pics, etc. and the stories we have heard about him being the last one out of the shop, staying behind to fix things etc. seems a little over the top, but thats why we love his boats

18. Collapse Details

Bill is a good guy, stubborn, but still a good guy
    Without these people who have faith in us we could never take the next step in our careers.

19. Collapse Details

Not saying that as a bad thing, just with all the pics, etc. and the stories we have heard about him being the last one out of the shop, staying behind to fix things etc. seems a little over the top, but thats why we love his boats
    Many nights he was there by himself hovering over a boat in the rigging area,That Boat company was very personal and his reputation was on every boat back in the day. I will say he was fanatical when it came to the tooling because whatever I did was it. The glass Crew loved him and he had good people.

20. Collapse Details

Fascinating stuff.

I want to thank the guys that put this together. It takes alot of effort to assemble and post all of this stuff. It is appreciated!