1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Even i would ban me . Whats the delay ?

(MY NAME IS KOOLHAND) LOL

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    I thought I saw a post that Doc wasn't bringing the boat. Maybe I misread. What exactly is a responsible company? I think anybody that owns a business, has a responsibility toward their company. Is that what you meant? Steve did say he needs 4 hours notice to mobilize, didnt he? He knew the guys were trying very hard to get the funds together. I think if it got to a point where it was too late, he should have told Colby to pull the plug...he already made other plans. Not wait till Thurday morning. Maybe he did privately, I dont know. I've said my peace. Have fun.
    Bruce We did say 4 hours, but not for the rest of our lives! We did not claim to be the Strategic Air Command. What we did do is for the following 3 days we were clear to go, after that we went about our normal lives.

We were gracious and silent when Colby said they were pulling the plug. We did not come on here bashing when they could not make it. This is something that few others on here can say, and yet they cry stop when you make valid business or technical points on the direction of the sport.

I for one am surprised they (Typhoon) would go on to Key West with other peoples money if we were not racing. Again that's about respect, getting it and giving it. We were very clear we an needed answer to make this happen. My year end is October and I had other plans for last weekend. Colby was fully aware of this as was anyone who read my post.

Respect is something that is earned. Letting someone drive to Orange Beach to send them packing with prejudice when a courtesy call is free on most cell pone plans is not respectful. As you know I called Randy to see if I should come and he did not return my call or text messages. I then called you and he spoke to me through you? I can only imagine he wanted our team to travel the 10 hours to meet the same angry mob George did. This type of behavior is not very sportsman like and certainly shows no respect for fellow competitors.

With that said plans have been changed and the boat is in transit to Key West.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 11-08-2010 at 08:29 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    I have to agree with ya on that one George (if this is george)drop the homolagation rule and do whatever you want to your hull or deck.Isnt that how we get better faster boats.Put the buzzi brush back on,as long as it is available to everyone they can go buy one too.put the bussel on too as long as anyone can buy one.
    the BUZZI BRUSH ,,,I made ,,it,s a 1/8 x 2" flat stock ,,it cost 5 dollars at tractor supply ,,,but it took all of 3 hours to make and put on ,,and it looks like most don,t have that much spare time ,,so it .s easier to jump me,,
    as for the bussell ,, I offered every Phantom one ,, i have already made 4
    the rest would rather cry,,,i don,t want to do that ,,,
    as for the homolagation rule ,,we have to drop it ,,as been said before,,all but one boat has been altered,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    With that said plans have been changed and the boat is in transit to Key West.

Steve
    Excellent!
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

5. Collapse Details

well now ,,I expect next monday this thread will be very quit ,,,

SHOW ME THE MONEY ,,,LOLOLOL

PS,, THE fOUNTAIN will be running out on the ragged edge,,,

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Looks like we have a race ....see u there Steve.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    the BUZZI BRUSH ,,,I made ,,it,s a 1/8 x 2" flat stock ,,it cost 5 dollars at tractor supply ,,,but it took all of 3 hours to make and put on ,,and it looks like most don,t have that much spare time ,,so it .s easier to jump me,,
    as for the bussell ,, I offered every Phantom one ,, i have already made 4
    the rest would rather cry,,,i don,t want to do that ,,,
    as for the homolagation rule ,,we have to drop it ,,as been said before,,all but one boat has been altered,,
    Once again George...your missing the point.

The issue here is not how much it cost or how long it takes to build and install. You, Our class rep, added things to your boat, which may or may not give you an unfair advantage. You did not reach out to the class or Mike T. to see if it was ok. The rules clearly state, " If it does not specifically say you can use something, assume you can not. You have been warned." Its legality is still a gray area. I guess its how you interpret the rule.

It doesnt matter when you installed it, or why. What matters is You did it secretly.

So, now what? We have to spend more time and money to add these items? It would be easier if you just took your's off.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    With Steve on the way looks like we have 5 now , should make for some awesome racing. Good luck to you all and have some fun.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    With Steve on the way looks like we have 5 now , should make for some awesome racing. Good luck to you all and have some fun.
    Please confirm the five. I lost count of who was in and who was out. Thanks...
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Once again George...your missing the point.

The issue here is not how much it cost or how long it takes to build and install. You, Our class rep, added things to your boat, which may or may not give you an unfair advantage. You did not reach out to the class or Mike T. to see if it was ok. The rules clearly state, " If it does not specifically say you can use something, assume you can not. You have been warned." Its legality is still a gray area. I guess its how you interpret the rule.

It doesnt matter when you installed it, or why. What matters is You did it secretly.

So, now what? We have to spend more time and money to add these items? It would be easier if you just took your's off.

Bruce
    Seriously, how is this any different than Randy lowering his deck?
    Widening his pad?
    adding/removing strakes?

Keep in mind the nose of your boat and every other Phantom is higher than Randy's was, so the "safety card" is BS and very inappropriate.

It appears to me the problem is George's changes simply worked better.

As you know I did not think any of this was legal, but the OSS rules did allow deck changes (lowering the nose is a hull and deck change not allowed).

You are imposing a double standard here.

Steve

Steve

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,Steve,Pirate,Doc,TimeBandit

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Bruce did you contact Mike T when you put the rocker in the bottom of your boat, or is that just blueprinting, or is it a gray area?

Bruce why don't you start coming up with some solutions instead of just pointing out what every one has done wrong. Really why do you even care anymore. Whats your point slow down the boats that look like yours, at the few race you attend?

13. Collapse Details

Bruce I understand ,,but I have never heard of anyone calling and telling the competition them what they found that made them go faster,,that is racing,, you are right ,,the bussell is legal ,,,and i still believe the buzzi brush is !! randy didn,t not call anyone when he cut down the deck 8 " ,, typical double standards here,
    ps the rules also state ,a new boat must APPLY for approval to compete ,60 days before competeing,, not at the race,,WHAT WE HAVE IS SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT..
    i WILL do you all a favor and tell you right now ,you have 5 months notice ,,when the new season starts i will go 5 mph faster than last year,,

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Bruce
    Seriously, how is this any different than Randy lowering his deck?
    Widening his pad?
    adding/removing strakes?

Keep in mind the nose of your boat and every other Phantom is higher than Randy's was, so the "safety card" is BS and very inappropriate.

It appears to me the problem is George's changes simply worked better.

As you know I did not think any of this was legal, but the OSS rules did allow deck changes (lowering the nose is a hull and deck change not allowed).

You are imposing a double standard here.

Steve

Steve

Steve,

Is Randy's nose any lower than yours?

Randy's boat was not safe, as a matter of fact they had to install a camera on the bow to see. If you need to ask somebody, ask Rick T.
    The boat was cut down like the Kostalacs boat.
    As far as the removal of the strakes , Randy asked approval to put it back to original. Those strakes were added again by Rick T, you can verify all this with him.
    The bottoms of these boats have been changing way before the current owners acquired them.
    Since 04 there was never a problem with rules in our class until this year and Beloxi.
    It is what it is, Hopefully rules will be put in place and races will be in the ocean and that will put an end to this high speed set up BS.

Bring on Ocean racing and lets see who has the balls to run!!!

My throttle man does does yours?

Wil

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Bruce did you contact Mike T when you put the rocker in the bottom of your boat, or is that just blueprinting, or is it a gray area?

Bruce why don't you start coming up with some solutions instead of just pointing out what every one has done wrong. Really why do you even care anymore. Whats your point slow down the boats that look like yours, at the few race you attend?

MD:"Bruce did you contact Mike T when you put the rocker in the bottom of your boat, or is that just blueprinting, or is it a gray area"?

BS: I didnt need to contact Mike T. Biloxi was the only OSS race I ran. My bottom hadnt been touched at that point. My boat went to Phantom for bottom repairs after Biloxi. While it was there, we blueprinted it.

I dont know how much, if any, rocker was added to my boat. But it was only done after just about everyone else had already done it.

MD:"Really why do you even care anymore."

BS:The reason I care is because, I want this class to survive. I dont care if I ever win, I just want to be part of the show.

MD:"Whats your point slow down the boats that look like yours,"

BS: I dont expect anyone to slow their boats down. But when they get faster, it makes one wonder what they are doing, when it hasnt been accomplished before.

I was at every race on our schedule, except for St. Clair and that was because my motor wasn't repaired yet.
    As you know, We had a schedule, we all committed to early in the year. OSS changed some dates and P-1 came into the picture. Suddenly, everything changed. I chose to go to races that were close to home and where I knew I would have fun. I was in Patchogue and AC. which were on our schedule. Where were you?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    Steve,

Is Randy's nose any lower than yours?

Randy's boat was not safe, as a matter of fact they had to install a camera on the bow to see. If you need to ask somebody, ask Rick T.
    The boat was cut down like the Kostalacs boat.
    As far as the removal of the strakes , Randy asked approval to put it back to original. Those strakes were added again by Rick T, you can verify all this with him.
    The bottoms of these boats have been changing way before the current owners acquired them.
    Since 04 there was never a problem with rules in our class until this year and Beloxi.
    It is what it is, Hopefully rules will be put in place and races will be in the ocean and that will put an end to this high speed set up BS.

Bring on Ocean racing and lets see who has the balls to run!!!

My throttle man does does yours?

Wil

Wil

Yes my boat does have a lower nose it was made that way in 1999 and sat for two years unrigged, it was not built for our team. A class was dead so we (APBA Offshore LLC) decided we would try and revive it with GM's support as Super V lite. I Bought the boat (with my own funds) and today the deck and the bottom are how it was manufactured with no modifications. We developed the class (at my personal expense) while waiting to bring the GM opportunity to all of the racers, not just my team. Guys like you and Randy made your decision to go V lite racing while watching the 2003 SVL season.

Did Randy make his match mine or the other Extremes? In a word no.

If you look at the Extreme's they all have little changes the kostalec boat has a different deck angle for example.

Randy's was not the only high nose Extreme manufactured. Anyone can mount a camera and make a bow look high or low very easily. Reality is a Phantom has less visibility. Rick T. raced the boat safely and successfully for years, so again that's BS.

Concerning the strakes Randy has admitted not just removing what was added by Rick T. but also widening his pad and remaining strakes.

Steve

17. Collapse Details

Steve,

I was in the boat and you could not see out of it.

As I said before, all these boats have had some work done on their bottoms and as far as decks go, all skaters are different.

But IMO, there is a big difference in the intent of the rules when you start adding bussels and teeth to the boats.

As I said before, Lets get the org. put rules in place, (LLC's are the best written, IMO) and more ocean racing and all this will pass.

Good luck this weekend and I am sure it will be a great race.

Wil

18. Collapse Details

Steve,

As I said before, all these boats have had some work done on their bottoms and as far as decks go, all skaters are different.

But IMO, there is a big difference in the intent of the rules when you start adding bussels and teeth to the boats.

As I said before, Lets get the org. put rules in place, (LLC's are the best written, IMO) and more ocean racing and all this will pass.

Wil

Since Rick is taller than you and Randy did you consider raising the seats?
    We had to lower my seat when Shane bought my boat. Rick had many drivers as has the yellow boat (still has higher nose on it) and they won may races safely.

The curved down approach Randy has employed on his nose is an Aero advantage over my boat are you OK with me doing that?

Next all this is great but what about the other work Randy did? Why is he immune?

I am for allowing hull and deck changes at this point we have no turning back, but why are some ok and some not?

Wil you have a boat to sell without mods it does not stand a chance of catching the Fountain in the calm or rough water.

Steve

19. Collapse Details

would it be ok if i added,, lets say a second step ( like fountain / activator ) or how about 5 steps ??? so your saying you need a big company name to do these things,!!

adding and removing decks ,,scoops ,,,nacaducts,,,ect ,,is ok

just not what ever george does ,!!,,,

20. Collapse Details

Steve,

Wil

Thanks for the well wishes!:

One last thing
    My hull and deck are not modified in anyway!

My hatches (engine and safety have mods) these are removable pieces not the approved structure.

I will wager boat for boat that my boat is as molded,
    Recently (just before Sarasota) the last 3' of the trailing edges were straightened by the manufacturer. No rocker, no mods have been done at all.
    Even my fuel cell is in the stock location.
    Steve