Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Just need expensive plants..if you know what I mean
    But if we do that we will be teleported back to the eighties when all the colorful people were involved and racing would be saved as they had tons of cash to just throw around!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    actully red bull DOES,NT sponsor anything? they OWN IT. they own the nascar teams , motorcycle team, jetski series. air show, and the surf teams ect...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    actully red bull DOES,NT sponsor anything? they OWN IT. they own the nascar teams , motorcycle team, jetski series. air show, and the surf teams ect...
    Thats true!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Alright enough nonsense....So the general consensus looks like to me that if a product could be built, marketed, funded, and eventually was up and running that the racers will come to race without all the BS....Is that what I am hearing no more kicking sand, whining, and all the other garbage that has been going on over the past 5 yrs????

I am looking for answers from the racers!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Build it and they will come.

my opinion of course

If a source of funding came along to offer all the racers a stable platform to compete, where they could be financially rewarded for their performance, Im sure they will come in droves. When that happens, the teams will have a viable product to present to potential sponsors. I also think, all teams that wish to compete on the national level, and receive, benefits and possible TV coverage, be required to post a bond (say 10k) guaranteeing their schedule. If they dont show for other than legit reasons ie: Broken equipment, illness, injury etc, they forfeit their bond. More boats + less classes= excitement. Excitement = TV coverage. TV coverage = Possible Sponsors.

Additionally, It would be great if a marketing firm be employed to put together a promo package for all national teams to present to potential sponsors.

Help me help you "Show me the money"

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The whining will never stop, I think some racers rather do that then race. That must be true because they spend more time whining then they do racing.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor

my opinion of course

If a source of funding came along to offer all the racers a stable platform to compete, where they could be financially rewarded for their performance, Im sure they will come in droves. When that happens, the teams will have a viable product to present to potential sponsors. I also think, all teams that wish to compete on the national level, and receive, benefits and possible TV coverage, be required to post a bond (say 10k) guaranteeing their schedule. If they dont show for other than legit reasons ie: Broken equipment, illness, injury etc, they forfeit their bond. More boats + less classes= excitement. Excitement = TV coverage. TV coverage = Possible Sponsors.

Additionally, It would be great if a marketing firm be employed to put together a promo package for all national teams to present to potential sponsors.

Help me help you "Show me the money"
    I know this is not popular but SBI has most all of that. To get the rest the racers would need to work together.
    Steve

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Steve,

That would make to much scence, then they would have to RACE.
    What would they do for the next few yrs if they were on here like the last 2-3 trying to fix Offshore.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    They sponsor The Honda Supercross/Motocross team and Travis Pastrans team they do not own them or the team.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Steve,

That would make to much scence, then they would have to RACE.
    What would they do for the next few yrs if they were on here like the last 2-3 trying to fix Offshore.
    There are plenty of people who race regularly and don't whine and cry.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Just racing isnt always the anwser, racing to help make the sport better is the key. Put your ego's aside and do the right thing.

12. Collapse Details

Perhaps one of the first questions that should be ask is which RACERS want to compete on a National schedule? Honestly, most of us have successful businesses which require a great deal of our attention and time. Many may not want a second job of answering to TV and sponsors. The next question I would ask is how many RACERS are unhappy with where they race now.

Sure we would love big money, TV, groupies and all that, but who wants to put the work into that as a racer. I currently promote the Harrison Michigan race and other than the Mi Teams only one other team has even bought an ad in the Program to promote themselves. Honestly, there are a lot of "takers" and not alot of "givers" in Offshore Racing. I don't mean that as a negative, I think most just want to have fun and relax because it is a hobby.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    All I am saying is for years we have been making it spectator friendly. What for really. You can't charge admission. You can't count on ticket sales.
    ROI for your sponsors by spectators buying their products. Lot of racers seem to forget the fans (not saying you Jim but in general) are their end customer- the sponsor is just the middle man. Fans spend $$ on e thsponsor products and then company gives some of that profit to racers to race and get them more exposure to their product which leads to more sales and round and round it goes.

14. Collapse Details

A sponsor's primary objective is to have a target audience or arena to display and ultimately sell there product....So in essence it's just another form of advertising for them!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    A sponsor's primary objective is to have a target audience or arena to display and ultimately sell there product....So in essence it's just another form of advertising for them!!!!!
    +1 which is why I guess I look at it that selling tickets or paid admission is not where the $$ is at.

An example would be paying to get in the pits in KW? I won't do it. Let me in for free and I'll drop $5/beer every 10 minutes while I ooggle and beg for free shirts- bet they would make the cover charge 10 times over.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    +1 which is why I guess I look at it that selling tickets or paid admission is not where the $$ is at.

An example would be paying to get in the pits in KW? I won't do it. Let me in for free and I'll drop $5/beer every 10 minutes while I ooggle and beg for free shirts- bet they would make the cover charge 10 times over.
    I agree let me compare to NASCAR you can get into the places where all the concessions are at and you can get to certain areas HOT PITS and GARAGE PASSES are a charge but rightly so so if you use this format in Offshore I think the revenue generated would increase!!! VIP viewing would be an additional charge with premier viewing spots but just to walk up and watch it on the seawall should be free!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Moving2Miami View Post
    Actually, Red Bull owns the series...
    Technically, you are right, however, RB actually created that "sport" from scratch, thus further supporting my argument: business plan + investment capital + execution of plan = product.

From RB Air Race website -

Back in 2001, there was an idea to merge flying with the most exciting elements of motor racing. Eight years later, the Red Bull Air Race, in its current form, already goes well beyond this vision. It has become a completely new, completely independent racing sport with more tension, greater competitiveness and larger audiences than anyone ever imagined.

The Red Bull Air Race was conceived in 2001 in the Red Bull sports think-tank which has been responsible for creating a wide range of innovative sports events across the world. The aim was to develop a brand new aviation race that would challenge the ability of the world’s best pilots, creating a race in the sky that was not simply about speed, but also precision and skill. The answer was to build a specially designed obstacle course which the pilots would navigate at high speeds.

18. Collapse Details

my opinion of course
    That is correct. The LLC built it and racers came. SBI, which was down to fleets in the teens and a Worlds in New Orleans, was no longer competition, respectfully. The new product has to be centered around ONE premier class that the founder/owner controls 100%. (No more fat, middle aged ego maniac wannabes/plumbers who can wreck it.) The stark reality is that P class teams, SVL, and whatever else, will be secondary and for the foresseable future not a venue where those participants can expect to make money and expect large sponsorships. They can, however, have a place to race and have fun - i.e. part of a large as opposed to embarrassing show.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    The new product has to be centered around ONE premier class that the founder/owner controls 100%.
    In a perfect world.

The fat, middle aged ego maniac wannabes/plumbers need a reason to purchase new equipment for said race class. So 100% control needs to be accompanied by a big purse to justify the purchase of equipment. Than there needs to be some guarantee the Founder/owner doesn't change the rules and obsolete the ego maniac wannabes/plumbers equipment.

20. Collapse Details

I love how you have all the answers, sit on the sidelines, and live in the past.

Did the LLC or anyone ever match all the ego maniac wannabe/plumbers investments?