Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    ....The best part is they have to seize all the engines buy running them without oil that almost sounds like fun.
    Why would they do that???

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Try to stay on point.
    Gov't spending is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    It's gubment, there's a 300 page report somewhere that answers that question.

3. Collapse Details

I guess this is part of obama's master plan spend your way out of debt. No sane person would try to get themselves out of debt by spending even more money but if obama says it will work the coolaid drinkers think its a great idea. bunch of tards

4. Collapse Details

Tried to call the CARS hotline for dealers,phone ran thru and auto system answered.When I pushed promp for service help the new message came on and said this number is no longer in service.WTF!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Gov't spending [I]is the point.[/.
    Ever take logic? That's called the argument of pettito principi, or begging the question. In other words, you use you conculsion to prove your premise. Could you not find a cut and paste for that? I LEARNED that in college.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Yeah, yer absolutely right... we should probably throw a few more hundred billion at the wall street fat cats or a trillion or two more to the DOD for military projects we don't need... or, how about an unnecessary war?

much mo bettah than using it to actually, you know, help people.

easy on the DOD, jeez man..

7. Collapse Details

The cars can not be resold this makes sure of it

8. Collapse Details

So, seizing up the motors is good so the parts can't be re-sold, or re-used.
    This whole recycling thing... I'm having trouble completely wrapping my head around the administrations concept...
    So, when I was a kid and got some hand me down clothes, was that not "recycling".
    Re-using the parts off these vehicles, would that not be considered a "green concept" instead of purchasing newly manufactured replacement parts?
    Recycling doesn't always mean breaking an item down to it's most basic form.
    So what happens to the vehicles now?
    Can they be bought with a salvage title and made to run again?
    Can they be bought as scrap and then parted out?
    I'm seriously asking the question, because I haven't heard anything on these types of questions.
    Has the Administration even thought about these things? It seems that so far they have overlooked a lot of details in other things that they were in a rush to put into action.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

9. Collapse Details

they should just chisel the VIN plates and log the vehicles as totaled so at least some high mover parts could be salvaged

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    So, seizing up the motors is good so the parts can't be re-sold, or re-used.
    This whole recycling thing... I'm having trouble completely wrapping my head around the administrations concept...
    So, when I was a kid and got some hand me down clothes, was that not "recycling".
    Re-using the parts off these vehicles, would that not be considered a "green concept" instead of purchasing newly manufactured replacement parts?
    Recycling doesn't always mean breaking an item down to it's most basic form.
    So what happens to the vehicles now?
    Can they be bought with a salvage title and made to run again?
    Can they be bought as scrap and then parted out?
    I'm seriously asking the question, because I haven't heard anything on these types of questions.
    Has the Administration even thought about these things? It seems that so far they have overlooked a lot of details in other things that they were in a rush to put into action.
    As I understand it, the complete car must be scrapped and shredded. Nothing can be stripped off of it or resold. Great plan to ensure that there aren't any cheap used cars left in a few years. Might as well buy new if you can't get parts for the old ones.

FWIW, I know three people who have used this program. Two traded in old trucks, one traded in a full size van. All of them had the clunker around just as a spare vehicle and weren't using them as daily drivers. Two bought new hyundai's for their kids, one bought a honda for their wife. Hard to pass up the GOV paying nearly half the price of a new car for the kids.

11. Collapse Details

:rant:

Where is the F-ing logic in all this??
    This seems like everything I've seen so far, Put out a plan that looks great on the surface (to the sheep), with no after thought of the fallout that it will cause throughout the rest of the economy.
    We tried this a few years ago.
    Everyone deserves their own house. Look where that got us...
    Now, all adults deserve a Cadillac, and every college kid deserves a brand new car (I noticed that it seems everyone is buying a foreign vehicle for the kid)...

I had to buy an old used car that I worked to get, and also had hand-me-down POS's to get me back and forth to WORK.
    Hell, I just bought a truck that last year that would fit the Clunker category, and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else on the road right now as my daily driver.

12. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Hell, I just bought a truck that last year that would fit the Clunker category, and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything else on the road right now as my daily driver.
    Hell, I'd love to have your truck too.

Personally, I don't want to be taxed so another person can buy an IMPORTED vehicle (as the majority are doing). Makes me sick.
    ________

13. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    According to a salvager on the news last nite, they will end up with the cars, but by destroytng the motors the highest value of the salvage is lost. Now we all know the rules of supply and demand and it's effect on prices.
    Enough said

14. Collapse Details

I did ask to be present when one dealership pucks the motors of 35 carsThey liked my idea of no oil WOT and a garden hose shoved down the intake should make some great you-tube videos

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Hell, I'd love to have your truck too.

Personally, I don't want to be taxed so another person can buy an IMPORTED vehicle (as the majority are doing). Makes me sick.
    Yep, 2004 Avalanche 2500 4x4 with the 8100 (496).
    I imagine under the Gov't plan it would fall as a clunker, although I admittedly have not studied the criteria. Didn't need to. My truck isn't going anywhere. I love it, and there is nothing else on the road that suits my needs better.
    My wife even prefers it over her H3 that we bought brand new in 05 when they first came out.

So far, every Gov't plan I've been seeing coming out looks like a quick fix solution on the surface, but there is NO consideration of everything else that these decisions will affect - but for some reason they are in a huge hurry to put the plan into place - Damn the consequences.

16. Collapse Details

Once you get past all the BS,you have to pay $49.95 for chemical kit to fry the engine,then take the car to Scrap yard,hope you own your own tow truck,you can keep $50.00 of scrap money,the balance goes back to customer(thats OK)but who covers transportation cost of car?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    Once you get past all the BS,you have to pay $49.95 for chemical kit to fry the engine,then take the car to Scrap yard,hope you own your own tow truck,you can keep $50.00 of scrap money,the balance goes back to customer(thats OK)but who covers transportation cost of car?
    That one thing I don't get why do they want the chemical put in.Running without oil will lock it up.

18. Collapse Details

It drives me up a wall, why it would be mandated to frag the motor. So instead of having a decent rebuildable core, its toasted and goes to the chipper???? Genius phucking plan once again

19. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    It drives me up a wall, why it would be mandated to frag the motor. So instead of having a decent rebuildable core, its toasted and goes to the chipper???? Genius phucking plan once again
    They want the fuel sucking "clunkers" off the road. They don't want anyone to reuse the engine to be put back into another "clunker".
    ________

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    where are you getting this diatribe info from?