Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    It was very close to the SV's from my perspective. Dean, Tyler, and Smitty can answer that best.

I was running 102 up river and 107 down and I never seen the little Fountain. I even spun around in the turn and I still did not see them.....lol
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

2. Collapse Details

The reason you never saw them is you were drinking my roost when we went by them on the back straight. Plus you can't see over the dash away!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Who cares how fast the fountain was going?nobody was watching it anyways.The only race in the SVLs worth watching was Pirate and Octane,because they were so evenly matched. Funny the two slowest boats and all eyes were on them!(do ya get my point?)

guarantee our two boats had more fun out there than anyone else did,

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    I just got a nasty gram for saying a first name and it releated him to possible cheating or how he felt about the subject...my post will be deleted by the modirator...if I should have not done that..then sorry...so be it I will follow the rules...

But Fountain and Doc you are exempt from these comments of cheating and these rules....so you will just have to listen and continue on hearing the trashing of your company and Docs team....

I will stay out of it....

New rule...and I must obey..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails obey.gif  
    Last edited by MANITIE; 08-17-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Yeah I know.......none of my business........but

it's tuesday and there are 2 race sites to choose from to actually race this weekend.
    Pack a bag and gas up the truck.......OR....you could sit here all weekend on the computer and only TALK about boats and racing
    Read Julie's post in the SBI section......it's supposed to be FUN
    ok..have at it........

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pat D View Post

it's tuesday and there are 2 race sites to choose from to actually race this weekend.
    Pack a bag and gas up the truck.......OR....you could sit here all weekend on the computer and only TALK about boats and racing
    ok..have at it........
    Hey Pat,

How is the boat count looking for Cocoa, I may take a ride up, but got boatwork to do, just wondering how things are looking?

Rick

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Hey Pat,

How is the boat count looking for Cocoa, I may take a ride up, but got boatwork to do, just wondering how things are looking?

Rick
    Hey Rick
    Never know an exact count but it will be the same turnout we've had so far this season. Great bunch of teams and good times.
    Just show up........it's always fun at a new site. Go to the SBI or Cocoa Beach website and see the schedule.
    I DO predict "hot"....... it is Aug. in Florida

8. Collapse Details

Hey Rick
    Never know an exact count but it will be the same turnout we've had so far this season. Great bunch of teams and good times.
    Just show up........it's always fun at a new site. Go to the SBI or Cocoa Beach website and see the schedule.
    I DO predict "hot"....... it is Aug. in Florida
    OK,

Let's see if my parts show up, if they do I am kinda Obligated to stay home and work on the boat, it has only been since January that it has been run But I do miss you guys

Rick

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Great'''look what you made me do...I now complimented the Fountain and Steve M. SVL teams...I bet I'll get banned now for that...
    You'll have to try harder than that.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Who cares how fast the fountain was going?nobody was watching it anyways.The only race in the SVLs worth watching was Pirate and Octane,because they were so evenly matched. Funny the two slowest boats and all eyes were on them!(do ya get my point?)
    Good point.

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

ok..have at it........
    Nice Pat.....

And it is your business you know....

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    I was running 102 up river and 107 down and I never seen the little Fountain. I even spun around in the turn and I still did not see them.....lol
    Yeah, but were you looking around while spinning???????

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I just got a nasty gram ...
    It was a simple request.

Don't make it into something it is not..

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Actually Steve, Pat has never understood that and never will. Here we are 10 years later and he is saying the exact same thing. All the spec classes that were allowed to go nuts after we stepped away are gone, except for SVL, which is now on its way out because you guys let that Fountain in unchecked. The only good thing about any of this is that anyone who wants to buy a vintage SVL should be able to pick one up soon for $20,000.00, assuming it runs and needs little work.

You are right I will never understand what a spec class has to do with racing.

As soon as you put barriers up the intent is clear and some teams stick to the rules hoping the others will follow. Then greed and sponsor commitment takes over and tuning starts to happen.... It could be, special forged blades welded to stock bravo hubs orrrr lets see pulling an engine apart without taking the seals off or making your own stamp for seals or hacking controllers or hidden balast tanks ...... should I continue??? I know there is more, a lot more. None of this has anything to do with racing but is a part of it like cancer is to a body.

For 10 years I have been watching the offshore train wreck....

At some point the experiment has to be put out of its misery. Or bring it back to the original concept of guidelines for rules and fewer classes.

Keep throwing up more barriers to stop natural progression and growth. How many teams want to build new boats and are not because of the bs around one new boat????? How long until they find another sport.

Maybe Phantom or Extreme or Sunsation or Lavey will step up and push to have customers come in and take the fight to fountain and try to beat him. Oh wait that might mean some sort of factory sponsorship and support.....

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    You'll have to try harder than that.
    No....I should be quite...and just watch them blame Reggie and Doc....its there fight..there class...there rules...

And again..thanks for the pics in Mich....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 08-17-2010 at 03:57 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    It was a simple request.

Don't make it into something it is not..
    Yes Sir...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails obey 2.gif  

17. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar

ok..have at it........
    Just another, Terrible Day in Paradise!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post

As soon as you put barriers up the intent is clear and some teams stick to the rules hoping the others will follow. Then greed and sponsor commitment takes over and tuning starts to happen.... It could be, special forged blades welded to stock bravo hubs orrrr lets see pulling an engine apart without taking the seals off or making your own stamp for seals or hacking controllers or hidden balast tanks ...... should I continue??? I know there is more, a lot more. None of this has anything to do with racing but is a part of it like cancer is to a body.

At some point the experiment has to be put out of its misery. Or bring it back to the original concept of guidelines for rules and fewer classes.

Keep throwing up more barriers to stop natural progression and growth. How many teams want to build new boats and are not because of the bs around one new boat????? How long until they find another sport.

Maybe Phantom or Extreme or Sunsation or Lavey will step up and push to have customers come in and take the fight to fountain and try to beat him. Oh wait that might mean some sort of factory sponsorship and support.....

pat W
    You have not been watching a train wreck for 10 years. 2004-2010 is only seven years - just to be accurate.

19. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post

pat W
    Technological advancements does not result in competitive racing...in offshore powerboats,stock cars,indy cars,formula 1 cars etc...If you look at the trend in most forms of motorsports;rules are consistently being implemented to limit technology. These rules are designed to control costs and create parity. This creates a better racing product for the fans,promoters and sponsors; and places the outcome of the races on the talent of the drivers and crews...not who spent the most money on equipment!This is what the NASCAR Car of Tommorrow is all about;and the Sprint Cup Series engines are still based on old technology.I guess if your in the business of selling hi tech racing equipment;you may not like when a sanctioning body deems that your product is not legal for a particular class or series.You certainly cant argue with the fact the APBA LLC's competition based rules model produced the best racing the sport has ever seen.It is a shame that the rules in all of the spec classes were not managed properly to prevent what we have left today.I remember when most of the spec classes had 15 or more boats in each class with very competitive racing and multiple winners.The real question is..how do we get back to that?

20. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 View Post
    Technological advancements does not result in competitive racing...in offshore powerboats,stock cars,indy cars,formula 1 cars etc...If you look at the trend in most forms of motorsports;rules are consistently being implemented to limit technology. These rules are designed to control costs and create parity. This creates a better racing product for the fans,promoters and sponsors; and places the outcome of the races on the talent of the drivers and crews...not who spent the most money on equipment!This is what the NASCAR Car of Tommorrow is all about;and the Sprint Cup Series engines are still based on old technology.I guess if your in the business of selling hi tech racing equipment;you may not like when a sanctioning body deems that your product is not legal for a particular class or series.You certainly cant argue with the fact the APBA LLC's competition based rules model produced the best racing the sport has ever seen.It is a shame that the rules in all of the spec classes were not managed properly to prevent what we have left today.I remember when most of the spec classes had 15 or more boats in each class with very competitive racing and multiple winners.The real question is..how do we get back to that?
    your right on,!! all the other motorsports you mentioned , CARE about close competitive racing ,,offshore has lost that objective ,,now it,s in self preservation mode and the big accomplishment is " BOAT COUNT ",, Buy somebody a drink and a baked potato these days and your on your way to a championship,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions