Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

So the police can ask, do you know how fast you were going, have you been drinking, Do you have any drugs or weapons, any warrents, where are you going, where are you comming from, have you ever been arrested etc... but people have a problem with them asking if they are American citizens?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Al Sharpton is on his way there to protest. Critics say it is racial profiling. So what, something needs to be done and congrats to the Gov.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Al Sharpton is on his way there to protest. Critics say it is racial profiling. So what, something needs to be done and congrats to the Gov.
    as was pointed out to me today....

have you EVER seen a black Mexican??

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that
    Sure. Their called "blaxicans"

5. Collapse Details

The sheriff of butler county, Ohio where I live is HUGE on finding & deporting illegal aliens.... But.... The county was just sued & ordered to pay $100,000 to an illegal alien that he had had deported....

As much as I agree with what Arizona is doing I see huge problems arising....
    Google sheriff Richard K. Jones to get the full story, there are all kinds of things he is doing to fight illegal immigration.

6. Collapse Details

Sheriff Joe Arpiao (sp?) seems to be the one really running the show out here in Maricopa, not the "feel-good" politicians.
    Tent city in the Desert, pink underwear and chain gangs, and pushing for this law to pass.
    I sure don't want to make any mistakes around here.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

7. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post

didn't think so...

tell Sharpton that
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    Sure. Their called "blaxicans"
    OMG, screen cleaner please!!!
    •_•_•____•_•_•

8. Collapse Details

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

9. Collapse Details

I am not sure what WWII era Nazis stopping a fictional Uncle Sam character in a convertible and asking for identification has to do with stopping the trafficking of human beings and drugs across a sovereign US border.
    Unless the implication is that 2010 Arizona and 1942 Germany both had border security as particular strengths.

If Uncle Sam was over in Mexico, and he is attempting to enter Arizona, I believe that the Nazis shown guarding the Arizona border are acting appropriately in not allowing Uncle Sam to get in on his fancy hat alone.

Although I don't think that the Nazi in question would be Luftwaffe.

10. Collapse Details

Well after this weekend coming up i will tell yall if i like AZ or not (have a feeling i will) as i'm going to pick up my boat (thanks bouy), so lets see how that goes but i have a feeling it going to be a GREAT road trip from Miami....

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by high-tide View Post
    That is in real bad taste clayinaustin and intellectually wrong on so many levels. Please explain to me any relevance this has to what is going on in Arizona.
    HT
    This new law will require law enforcement to ask people for their proof of citizenship (papers). The cartoon is just an exaggeration of that concept.

I found it to be an interesting editorial comment. Nothing more. Don't get your panties in a wad!

12. Collapse Details

I am sure that most people on this board applaud Arizona in its efforts to stop the flood of illegal aliens into the state. However, I find that this new law will do nothing except make matters worse.

This law reminds me of the many failed attempts of well-meaning politicians. Prohibition, Gun control, Drug laws... All have failed to stop "real" crime, and have only made matters worse. I believe that it will have zero effect on the Mexican drug wars and other "illegal alien crimes" commited in Arizona and the rest of the country.

Just my two-cents...

13. Collapse Details

We can actually thank Cardinal Roger Mahony of Los Angeles for his comparison of Arizona's law to Nazism in the media. I feel that he was irresponsible in doing so.

14. Collapse Details

Here is the actual bill, in case anybody wants to read it.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

15. Collapse Details

At least they weren't Illinois Nazis......I hate Illinois Nazis....
    Parabellum FJ²B

16. Collapse Details

I really must applaud Arizona for having the actual balls to pass the law that everyone wants to see. Surprisingly enough I always thought it would be Texas....
    HT
    Not everyone wants to see a law like this. Many Texans understand the need for cheap labor to keep our cost of living low. Without the thousands of migrant workers to harvest produce, most of the food would rot in the fields. Without the "day laborers" the construction industry would have much higher labor costs.

We joke that every restaurant in Texas is a Mexican restaurant because you will find Mexicans working in almost every kitchen. Without their cheap labors, food would be much higher.

Phoenix and Arizona have had a rough time with the Mexican Drug wars - See VIDEO - So, I understand their frustration and their perceived need to pass such a desperate law.

However, I still believe that this new law will do nothing to stop the drug war violence. In fact, I believe it will get worse.

17. Collapse Details

BTW... The escalation of murder and violence involving an illegal substance has happened in this country before.

Well meaning people forced Prohibition upon this country in 1920. When alcohol became illegal, organized crime exploded and murder rates climbed. Finally in 1933 prohibition was repealed and the country learned it's lesson.

Sadly we are repeating the murder and violence because drugs have replaced alcohol as the money producer for criminals.

The poor "illegal" Mexican trying to earn some cash by doing manual labor is not the problem. People with high morals and low IQ with no regard for history are the real problem in this country today!

Just my "history lesson" two-cents...

18. Collapse Details

clayinaustin.
    As an immigrant myself who came from Canada and has been here for almost 2 decades You would be amazed at the cost and by the hoops imposed of legally immigrating to this country. YOU look at the illegal crimials living in this Country as a cost saving.... That is where we differ. I do not.
    HT
    If we could somehow magically deport every illegal alien in this country, do you really think that out lives would be better? If so, how?

19. Collapse Details

Let us stop the banter and simply agree to disagree. HT
    agreed

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Not everyone wants to see a law like this. Many Texans understand the need for cheap labor to keep our cost of living low. Without the thousands of migrant workers to harvest produce, most of the food would rot in the fields. Without the "day laborers" the construction industry would have much higher labor costs.

We joke that every restaurant in Texas is a Mexican restaurant because you will find Mexicans working in almost every kitchen. Without their cheap labors, food would be much higher.

Phoenix and Arizona have had a rough time with the Mexican Drug wars - See VIDEO - So, I understand their frustration and their perceived need to pass such a desperate law.

However, I still believe that this new law will do nothing to stop the drug war violence. In fact, I believe it will get worse.
    I like Mexican criminals who come here illegally and send millions and millions of cash back to Mexico. They are cool. They work in the mexican restaurants, and I really like Mexican food. They do all of the construction jobs that us lazy Americans don't want to do because we are fat and rich. They bring in all the good cocaine, which keeps the strippers nice and skinny and also keeps their morals loose. Plus, the Mexicans are mostly Catholic.
    It's all good.

We should legalize everything and lay off the police. That would save a ton of money. They only jam up all of the criminal aliens who are making our country great.