Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I got it (along with a the others- get the whole set!!)

2. Collapse Details

Apache sibling...with full cabin, amenities, deep deadrise on bottom to handle the rough water, reverse chine for stability and a tick under 100 mph..... Those other flat bottom step bottom boats are faster but I doubt they ride as comfortably! Now all I need to do is work to pay for it.... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26465.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Geronimo and Starchaser - 2008.

photo courtesy of Sharkey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tims pic (Large).jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
    Uncle Jobin is really going to town on that 41!!
    i have been wondering how he is doing, where is he updating pics at?
    www.41apache.com

5. Collapse Details

Thanks! It's one of many in the office! I think I got that one and a few others like it at the local craft store. It's been in my office for a few years but there was a different pic inside the frame...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails house pics 001 (Large).jpg   house pics 002 (Large).jpg   house pics 003 (Large).jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Pic over the mantle. The wife would rather not have it there but I guess I won!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails house pics 004 (Large).jpg  

7. Collapse Details
    Why?
    Charter Member
    Why is there so much $hit about this?

There were lots of talented people involve with creating Apache.

I purchased two of them.

A pleasure 41 in 1985, and

A race 41 in 1989.

BOTH WERE BUILT BY MARK MCMANUS.

Never saw Don, Bobby, or any of the other's named in this thread.

I know they all made huge contributions.

Perhaps they deserve ALL of the credit.

But McManus built the boats we revere today.

8. Collapse Details

more Geronimo 41 Apache Powerboat
    Glorious paint and my favorite cockpit of all time! Thanks for all the Geronimo pics Ed.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Sucks all Apache threads end up this way.

I second that. I think we all need to chill.
    The Apache theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFGzGfym-7Y

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ApachePete View Post
    Why is there so much $hit about this?
    I think there's a misconception... No one ever said Mark didn't do anything and I think that's where the problem lies.....

The history shows that Bobby started Apache, Kramer later funded it and was partners with Bobby... McManus was later hired to run daily operations while Bobby and Ben were out racing and winning championships... Bobby later left the company to go out on his own. McManus still ran operations under Ben's control. Bobby made a deal with Ben to build boats under his new company that were 35' and less but the mold he recieved was 36'.

Bobby and Ben/McManus were producing boats simultaneously and also sharing booth space at boat shows in a joint marketing effort... Ben went to the big house, government seized the company and put McManus in charge. After some time McManus started McManus Superboats, later moved to the west coast. Then some years later he acquired the Apache rights which Bobby origninally owned but handed them over during a business transaction to someone else....

Obviously some of the in-between details are left out but that's the basic history from what I remember, have been told and have seen since I was a kid... If I missed something please fill in the blanks.

Arguing about all this is a waste of breath... The thread was pretty pleasant until the pissing match started and now it's taken a turn for the worse so I appolgize if I offended anyone with a joke I made but it was just a joke so get over it!

Can't we all just get along!!!! Carry on with the stories!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ph-41history002.jpg   ph-41history003.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

A
    P
    A
    C
    H
    E

(1st post next page part II)

12. Collapse Details

There should be a surcharge on everyone's phone bills just to cover your shenanigans.

13. Collapse Details

Geronimo 41 Apache Powerboat

I have driven a few times and rode in some fast cat's over the years but that day has to be the wildest ride I have ever been in a boat, great memories, summer of 94 or 95(?) in Ocean City MD.... We brought back Geronimo from Indian River Inlet in Delaware with Jennies Express next to us with Boatpix chopper chasing us all the way south 35 MPH wind and an honest 8' at times, I'm in the back seat bolster, Brian drove and throttled the boat and I prayed the whole time he didnt miss a wave....

I have this picture of course and have been told by several people that it must be photoshopped, we laughed and told them they have never been in the Atlantic in a 41 Apache before...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails geronimo.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

100 mph Saccenti built 36' located in Lindenhurst.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 92968615_1thumb_550x410.jpg   92968615_2thumb_550x410.jpg   92968615_3thumb_550x410.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

few more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 92968615_5thumb_550x410.jpg   92968615_6thumb_550x410.jpg   92968615_11thumb_550x410.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

I was really enjoying hearing bobby's stories about the good ol days. This had been one of the best threads is a very long time. Looks like the pissing match did away with that.

Thanks guys!!!

17. Collapse Details

yeah, I hear ya.

I think Bobby will be back though!

18. Collapse Details

Pure Apache Duna.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FRIDAY50.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Speaking of McManus, anyone know how many Apache's he raced (drove/throttled) over the years? Did he win any races/championships? All the 41's, 45's and 47's on the circuit, which ones did he run?

20. Collapse Details

That is a great looking Apache Performance Boat! #3SSM drives!
    Ed
    I think they might actually be #3A's, I'd have to ask JCPERF or maybe Bobby will chime in. It's at MRD and listed for sale.....