Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Dangerous loto Fun Run!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Exxc...eature=related

Here is the posters description of the video..... He needs to get a life, and I never saw anything dangerous in the video........

"In 1995 the fastest boat in the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout won with a speed of 107 mph. This year the winning speed was 208 mph. Let me say right now I support, and have nothing against the organized, and Water Patrol Permitted events. It is the unsafe unorganized over 100 mph activities that endangers others lives, and property that I have a real problem with.

The aerial map of the lake that is first in this video shows the camera location. It also shows distances of 1/4, and 1/2 miles from the bridge. It can be reproduced on Google Earth.

Today we have many boats that will, and do run in excess of 150 mph anyplace on the Lake of the Ozarks. For the safety of all we need a speed limit of some sort on the lake. There is no fun on the water when people are injured, or killed. It is just a matter of time until we have a major accident with boat speeds of over 100 mph.

What if NASCAR operated their 200 mph machines on our state highways. Crazy thought isn't it when anyone who has traveled in a boat knows that 50 mph in a boat seems like 100 mph in a car, and there are no brakes on a boat.

This "Fun Run" of Go Fast boats was organized to be held at Lake of Ozarks 27 Aug 2010. The run was organized to avoid the Water Patrol's "Shootout Poker Run" permitted to start 1/2 hour later. The water patrol trying to make the lake safe for all users limited speeds of the Poker Run to 60 mph.

Some in this "Fun Run" group of off shore racers ran over 160 mph in the "2010 Support Our Troops" poker run held 26 June 2010

The Shootout Poker Run left Shady Gators on the 7 mm at 10:30 a.m. This group of about 50 boats in the video was past the 35 mm by the time the official poker run started. As you can see in this video there was very little respect for others boaters safety, and covered the entire width of the lake at times.

There needs to be wake, and excessive speed control on Lake of the Ozarks. The E. Coli problem closing public beaches on Lake of the Ozarks has received a lot of attention in Jefferson City because it can make people sick, but the real danger on the lake is the huge wakes, and 100+ mph boaters that can kill you.

Other unsafe videos, articles, and boating safety information can be found on my web site at" :

http://home.earthlink.net/~makelakeozsafe/
    Last edited by Coolerman; 09-14-2010 at 10:15 AM.