I want something.........don't know what?

I've had a 12 gauge and .22 bolt action since I was a kid.......In the last 18 months I've bought a 9mm and a 30.06. Now my wife has expressed interest in a pistol. For her I prefer a 9mm that is small and has an external safety or maybe a 38 revolver. Any suggestions? Any for sale?

My kids went target shooting with me yesterday and had a blast shooting a .410 my father has and the .22 rifle....My .22 is CRAP and broke!!!! We ended up using my grandfathers semi-auto .22 and that was much better. I'd like to find a decent little semi-auto .22 (or slightly larger caliber) for them to continue to learn with..........so again, an suggestions or any for sale? The youngest is 8 and did great, blasting gallon water jugs with the .410 at 20-25 yrds nearly every shot.....but the stock of the .22 is longer than his arm.

As a side note: When did gun purchases get registered with the FEDS? Meaning, they know about my pistol and rifle, but probably no records of my 12 gauge. If they start confiscating them like in Europe I'd rather own stuff they don't know about!!!!