1. Collapse Details
    Help with a ramp near Miramar
    I am going out with a friend who lives far west on Miramar Pky. we are looking for a good ramp to launch a 28' cat. seems like Haulover inlet is best, I am completly in the dark about ramps in that area, can anyone help?

2. Collapse Details

OPPS, just remembered, Haulover park, guess that would be the best.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Good ramp and closest to you. Bring money, I think it's up to $12.50?

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Haulover...15th St Ft Lauderdale also there is one in Dania Beach at Harbortown
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Also one at John Loyd park in Dania

6. Collapse Details

John U loyd park is the closest and less hassle. $5.00 gets you in the gate and no parking fees like 15th street. Less than 5 minutes to the ocean

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    John Lloyd is a great spot
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    John Lloyd is a great spot
    Cool spot to beach also, I have pics here somewhere(I'll have to hunt for them), maybe on a different comp. though of my Pantera beached up there on its first day out after the resto, Labor day 2008.

There are also a few public ramps in Hollywood although I have never used any.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Which ramp is closest to water that you'd want to run a 28' cat in? Especially with the conditions we've had/are having these days...

10. Collapse Details

Found the pics, this is the beach just southeast of the ramp at John LLoyd, on whiskey creek, about 500 feet across the sand an your on the atlatic at Dania beac, yet boat is beached in a protected cove. Warning, if you have a BIG boat dont do this at low tide, or at least stay in the center of the channel, there is a shallow are that juts out just this side of that bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails panteralloyd2.bmp   panteralloyd.bmp   panteralloyd3.bmp  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sledge View Post
    Which ramp is closest to water that you'd want to run a 28' cat in? Especially with the conditions we've had/are having these days...
    If you like the rough, launch at any ramp near an inlet. If you want to stay on the inside, tow up to Boynton beach in palm Beach county, and you can run fast on the ICW just north of the Boynton inlet. Also you can tow down south to Biscayne Bay, and launch there, semi-flat water(unless you get caught in a storm), and no speed limits.