Thread: 27 Activator?

1. Collapse Details
    27 Activator?
    So what's the skinny on these activators, besides them being skinny? Anybody know this boat?
    http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o26045-en.html

I have someone wanting to buy my 24 outlaw for more than I paid for it so it may be gone here soon. I am not looking for a payment in this economy so cheap is good, and I already have a motor I am putting together for next year anyway. I have never been an activator, or 27 excalibur, for that matter, so I am a little leary on the skinny boats. My buddy has a 25 sunsation and I honestly don't like the way the boat handles in cross wakes and such. I am assuming the activator would be similar because of the narrow beam.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I had a 27 Excalibur and loved it. They handle rough water very good for their size. As far as cross wakes go just get on the gas and have fun...that's when these boats are at their best.

Also this boat is about 20 minutes from me. I've seen it out a few times and is very clean. I've spoken with the owner a few times, so if there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

John

3. Collapse Details

The Activator will run much better than a Sunsation.

4. Collapse Details

I figured the activator would run better than the sunny in the rough. Just wondering if they are as prone to rolling around when your not running hard. The sunny just seems to toss you around much more than my outlaw. Does the cuddy on an activator have enough room to occasionaly overnite for 2 people?

John, I appreciate it. I will give you a call tomorrow.
    Chad

5. Collapse Details

Activators are great in the rough-great. The cabin is sparse, but perfect to sleep in or get out of the sun or rain. The boat will roll a bit unless youre flyin, but it also will shock boats which are 3 and 4 feet larger when the water gets rough. Happens to me all the time. Mine just has twin 200's on it so I can top out in the low 70's. But I have the boat in S. Florida right now and am getting very used to doing 60 in 3-5's. And yes, I know what 3-5' waves look like. This type of boat, short and narrow, forces a person to really have to learn to drive: every little move makes a a demonstrative difference in ride-the difference between pain and pleasure. It's a no frills kind of ride. I come back home bruised every Sunday afternoon, but I really feel accomplished.

6. Collapse Details

i raced in 27 activator. i own now a 28 sunsation. the sunsation runs just as god if not better. the activator had an issue with hooking in turns. i hooked it at 85mph in the hudson river and the guy that owned it hooked it twice in two different races. buy a sunsation the factory gives more support

7. Collapse Details

Talk to Masher, he has a 32 that is wicked!!!!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by eagledm44 View Post
    i raced in 27 activator. i own now a 28 sunsation. the sunsation runs just as god if not better. the activator had an issue with hooking in turns. i hooked it at 85mph in the hudson river and the guy that owned it hooked it twice in two different races. buy a sunsation the factory gives more support
    I actually remember that race, Intiminator right? We were right behind you when it happened in a Spectre called Stylin. IF I could own any boat in the size range it would be a 27 Kryptonite for running hrd, races, poker runs. Or aa 26 Hustler for a boat with speed and a good cabin. 28 Pantera is a mix of the two
    1978 21 Challenger
    1985 Avanti Raceboat
    1998 Kryptonite 27 Raceboat #517 Saris Racing Engines