Published on 11-12-2011 12:29 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Clubs and Destinations
    3. Historical
    Article Preview

by Joe Offshore

Don Johnson

At 23 I accompanied a friend to the races at Key West. Awe can’t even begin to describe what I felt as we explored the race camps in Mallory Square. New boats, old ones, wooden, glass and aluminum ones were arranged casually about. Crated engines bagged and ready to be installed for the next day’s race. Engines going in and out, grinders spinning and wrenching in every direction. The sounds of engines running filled the air and seldom stopped. Boats from ...
    Published on 11-10-2011 12:46 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Historical
    3. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by Serious Offshore

Joe Offshore
    We all know him.
    He’s that guy. Been there, done that, got the shirt.

In reality Joe Offshore is a little bit of many people in this sport. He’s an enthusiast, he’s a boater, he’s an industry guy and alot of times he’s a racer. And sometimes… well, you know.

How many times have you heard the line? “I’d tell you but some of these people are still alive.” For our purposes, ...
    Published on 11-10-2011 12:31 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Historical
    Article Preview

by Paul "Ratickle" Rose

20 years ago, (actually in September 1990 but 20 sounds better) one of the individual's I admired most in this sport, Howard Arneson, took his 32 foot Skater catamaran and ran the 1039 miles form New Orleans to St. Louis. Not only did he accomplish this run faster than anyone had ever done before, he averaged 81.92 mph running the distance in 12 hours and 40 minutes. The previous record he was trying to beat? 20 hours and 16 minutes….

Published on 11-09-2011 12:54 AM
    Categories:
    1. Racing and Poker Runs
    2. Clubs and Destinations
    3. Historical
    Article Preview

by SeriousOffshore

Being a transfer from the West Coast to the “North Coast” was quite a shock when it first happened. Luckily, shortly after arriving, I met some people who had a lot of the same interests I did. To put it shortly, Fast Cars, Fast Boats, and Beautiful Women. (I won’t ever say Fast Women, but I was single when I moved here).

Well, after getting to know the boating group around West Michigan somewhat, in 1996 there was a Poker Run hosted by Pier 33, a large dealership in St. Joe.
    Published on 11-09-2011 12:45 AM
    Categories:
    1. Historical
    2. On The Water News
    Article Preview

by serious admin

What individual has influenced the industry and sport of offshore powerboating more than any other?
    Is it Reggie? Aronow? Kiehaefer? Maybe.

There have been so many who have passed through the world of offshore and more than a few have made their marks. And sometimes they left a few dents. Most of us in some form have had this debate with our friends. And most likely you have a few personal favorites, and maybe even someone you admire ...
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2