All Blog Entries

1. Lake of the Ozarks Lake Race, 2014

Had a good time at the Lake Race. Fir only its second year a well planned and well orchestrated event. The Run Whatcha Brung class was as exciting as it was in Biloxi, with Cat Can Do edging out Cleveland Construction by 1/2 point after two days of racing. No big deal, right? After all, it's only an $8000 difference between first and second!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5305 1.jpg 
Views:	1950 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	78459
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Miami Boat Show

Name:	IMG_3089 small.jpg 
Views:	5883 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	78044

Believe it or not, this was my very first Miami Boat Show. I can honestly say, if you used to enjoy the shows around the country with their performance boats, plus the shows with their in the water boats, plus the yacht shows, and the outside shows under the tents in nice weather - then this one will meet or exceed all of those you've been to in the past.

The only show I've ever been to that came close was the old Chicago show when the center ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Miami Boat Show

The boat show starts this Thursday. It worked out so that Terri and I can make it down there at the last minute. We should have some really good coverage of the event and I can't wait to see the finished product of some of the boats being finished up currently. One I'm really looking forward to seeing is this 42 in the attached picture.......

Name:	Bow.jpg 
Views:	5992 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	78046

Updated 02-27-2014 at 10:11 PM by Ratickle

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. OFF 2013 ...Time marches on...and so do we

OFF 2013 at Tavares Florida is in the history books and, thanks to Bill John and his wonderful CRA volunteers, the event shows great promise for years to come. For the first time we were able to merge a truly safe flyby course with the parties, iconic characters and conviviality that is the true hallmark of OFF (Old Farts Forever). Founded by a combination of Offshore legends and Mercury racing "survivors" from decades past, the group has converged in mid autumn for each of the past 5 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5166[1].JPG 
Views:	8638 
Size:	546.3 KB 
ID:	76925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5120[1].JPG 
Views:	885 
Size:	555.7 KB 
ID:	76926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5200[2].JPG 
Views:	868 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	76927  

5. Where do I start?

First of all I'm from the other side of the pond - Here in England things are very different from the popular boating area in the US - our weather and general conditions are more "difficult" with colder temperatures and generally rougher water. Most of my experience is in power boating although I started off racing dinghies when I was a youngster, this is where I got my basic knowledge of boating from, I also have a commercial skippers licence (power) which is where I got my boat handling ...

Updated 11-20-2013 at 08:17 AM by Ratickle

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast