PDA

View Full Version : Game machine help!!!

Wrinkleface
11-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I am bored out of my mind & winter is not even here yet!! Was think'n bout get'n 1 of those X box or playstation thingies! I have seen they have like atv & jet ski driving games! Know noth'n bout these machines. Any recommendations??? R they fun??????? Help!! Thanx!

clayinaustin
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Sony PS 3 has the best graphics and doubles as a BluRay player.

Good luck! :cool:

catastrophe
11-06-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm not a gamer but walked into a group one day playing Wii.
It was fun and I actually enjoyed it.

US1Fountain
11-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm buying a PS3 this Sat. As Clay mentioned it also is a BD player. Reviews I've read say it's better than the stand alone BD players, plus you get the other features.

Walmart is having a in store special this Sat. Still pay the normal $399 for the unit, but you get a $100 gift card. Get there earlier, limited numbers and sale starts at 8am.

Phantom1
11-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I am bored out of my mind & winter is not even here yet!! Was think'n bout get'n 1 of those X box or playstation thingies! I have seen they have like atv & jet ski driving games! Know noth'n bout these machines. Any recommendations??? R they fun??????? Help!! Thanx!

Buy this and put it in your waiting room. Have fun and write it off.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HYDRO-THUNDER-ARCADE-SIT-DOWN-BY-MIDWAY-WORKING_W0QQitemZ320301786663QQcmdZViewItem

Ted
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Now that we are on the subject I want to ask you all a question.
I support a young boy that has just now got over a 3 year battle with cancer.
He's not at the point because of his immune system being weak that he can play outside too much.

I'm going to build him a room that has all 3 games permanently connected , tv ,dvd and kareoke all set up and running through a projector onto a 100 inch screen.

Has anyone on this board built or have had built a Home Theatre in their home?

You need to talk to Audiofn. He is the KING of home theater, will tell you anything you need to know....and maybe a little you didn't :biggrinjester:

Bobcat
11-07-2008, 12:35 AM

"you'll put your eye out kid":ack2:

BY U BOY
11-07-2008, 01:26 AM
The wii is fun just make sure you actually wear the wrist strap:sifone:

The rule at my friends house is what you break while playing wii you just bought:moon:

boatme
11-07-2008, 06:21 AM
How about drilling more and posting less

I am broke so you need to make double the money over the winter and send it to me so i can live the Tracy life :)

Audiofn
11-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Now that we are on the subject I want to ask you all a question.
I support a young boy that has just now got over a 3 year battle with cancer.
He's not at the point because of his immune system being weak that he can play outside too much.

I'm going to build him a room that has all 3 games permanently connected , tv ,dvd and kareoke all set up and running through a projector onto a 100 inch screen.

Has anyone on this board built or have had built a Home Theatre in their home?

Nope never done it :26::26:

If you want some help with it let me know. I can make suggestions on componenets and projectors.... May even have some stuff around or could get customers to donate their "old" equipment. What I would need is a budget that you are working with.

nine seven eight-nine eight five-zero six three nine is my cell number. Call me any time.

Jon

clayinaustin
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm buying a PS3 this Sat. As Clay mentioned it also is a BD player. Reviews I've read say it's better than the stand alone BD players, plus you get the other features.

Walmart is having a in store special this Sat. Still pay the normal $399 for the unit, but you get a $100 gift card. Get there earlier, limited numbers and sale starts at 8am.

Looks like I will be at Walmart tomorrow morning! Sony PlayStation 3 80GB Console @ Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10256432)

Audiofn
11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Don't fool yourself thinking that the PS is the same as a stand alone Blue Ray. First of al they run HOT HOT HOT. Second they have loud fans. Third the picture is not as good and they have some sync issues with some TV's. Other then that they are the same :D

Wrinkleface
11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Buy this and put it in your waiting room. Have fun and write it off.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/HYDRO-THUNDER-ARCADE-SIT-DOWN-BY-MIDWAY-WORKING_W0QQitemZ320301786663QQcmdZViewItem

Ya Bubba!! Who sez I am not gunna use the new "machine" at the office 4 the little kiddies??????????????????????????????????????? Rock on Big Daddy, it's a Gamer Nation!!!!!!!!!! Sorry RHR, had 2!!!!!!!!!!:26:

Wrinkleface
11-07-2008, 11:28 AM
How about drilling more and posting less

I am broke so you need to make double the money over the winter and send it to me so i can live the Tracy life :)

Dude, I am bored cuz the office is slow, partly anyway! Wish there was more drill'n but remember that post U made about Michigan in the dumper & my office on the out-skirts of "FLINT"!!!!! Need I say more!!! :(
I might post less if I get me 1 of these machines!!!!!!!!!:biggrinjester:

Wrinkleface
11-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanx all 4 the input, both informative & AZZ whoop'n!!!! Look'n like the PS3 IF THERE R ANY LEFT AFTER U KIDDIES PICK THEM OVER!!!!!!!!

Boss252
11-07-2008, 01:56 PM
If I remember right wasn't there a guy over on OSO that was going to make a offshore game? Been a couple of years ago. Did it ever happen?

Wrinkleface
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
If I remember right wasn't there a guy over on OSO that was going to make a offshore game? Been a couple of years ago. Did it ever happen?

Don't remember that, but that is not say'n much!!!!!:leaving:

Trim'd Up
11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I have an Xbox 360 and honestly the only game that gets played often is Rockband when everybody gets hammered drunk. Good times!

catastrophe
11-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Nope never done it :26::26:

If you want some help with it let me know. I can make suggestions on componenets and projectors.... May even have some stuff around or could get customers to donate their "old" equipment. What I would need is a budget that you are working with.

nine seven eight-nine eight five-zero six three nine is my cell number. Call me any time.

Jon

Thanks Jon

I'll post the names of the different components I think I'm buying and ask for your advice.
Some of my questions will be about the actual construction of the room also.

Thank you very much for offering to keep me in the right direction.

Be back with the list tomorrow

ALEC

Ted
11-08-2008, 01:51 AM
What did I tell ya :D

US1Fountain
11-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Only 8 units were available at my store. Picked up the PS3 player, remote, HDMI cable and a Baja offroad game and the $100 gift card (which went back in on the 3 accessories). Plus have a family member that works there part time, so got 10% employee discount on top. :D

Are there and boat racing games for the PS3, PSP or PS1? (PS3 isn't backwards compatable with PS2)

Wrinkleface
11-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Only 8 units were available at my store. Picked up the PS3 player, remote, HDMI cable and a Baja offroad game and the $100 gift card (which went back in on the 3 accessories). Plus have a family member that works there part time, so got 10% employee discount on top. :D

Are there and boat racing games for the PS3, PSP or PS1? (PS3 isn't backwards compatable with PS2)

No wonder my local store had noth'n 2 offer!!! Just kid'n, did not make it in!!!!!!:(

BillR
11-09-2008, 10:07 AM

The BD player of a PS3 SUCKS. It will "play" a blu-ray disc but that's about it. Pix is terrible, and they don't work with a lot of TV's out there. For home theater esp - they are noisy machines.
Buy a stand alone BD player, you'll be way better off!

Wrinkleface
11-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Took Lady friend into game store yesterday in a mall cuz as U know I'm look'n & she blurtz out she has a ps2 that I can have a go at!! Did not know she had it! So, think I will try that 2 C if I digz it & go from there!! Thanx all 4 input!!!:sifone:

US1Fountain
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Not sure what you guys are calling noisey. I have to be within a couple feet to hear the fan running. Same as my laptop. Can't comment on the lower picture quality as the movies we watched last night were crystal clear and sharp. Maybe a side by side comparison might show some differences, but that ain't real world. :)

The #1 complaint I have read on the stand alones are the disc loading times. I really don't know if that should be an issue though. Not like it is an issue throughout the term of the disc. My PS3 loads and goes within seconds. So far, I'm happy with it.

Onto HDMI cables. Read on many electrical consumer testing magazines and gaming message boards's where those are all hype. The $120 monster cables are no better than the $10 cables. It's digital, the signal either gets there or it doesn't. 0's and 1's don't see quality. The 24k gold ends are recommended for a better connection. I settled for $32 Sony ones just to be safe.
Your guys thoughts on this.
Thanks