PDA

View Full Version : Restorations ???

Top Banana
08-29-2009, 10:58 AM
We are planning some changes for the HORBA website and one of the areas that will be updated is the ..."Restorations".

I just want to check and make sure that we have info on all the restorations that have been completed or are going on now.

Here is what we know of:

Restorations going on now.....boats not running.

Benihana, 35 Cigarette
Long Shot 39 Cigarette
KAAMA Cat 38 Cougar
KAAMA 38 Scarab
BAM 36 Cigarette (former Kiekhaefer boat)
White Knight 28 Magnum

Restorations completed...boats are running.

Dry Martini, 35 Cigarette
Powerboat Magazine Special, 39 Cigarette
Needle Nose, 38 Bertram
Bertram Competition, 38 Bertram
Bounty Hunter, 39 foot Cigarette
Great Adventure, 30 foot Sutphen
Warpath, 41 foot Apache
Michelob Light, 38 foot Scarab (Racing under different name)
Apache banner boat, 41 Apache (Clone with deck cut open for seats)
Kiekhaefer Aeromarine III, 36 foot Cigarette
Inferno, 30 foot Sutphen

Boats awaiting buyers who will restore them......present location.

Mongoose, 32 foot Bertram, California
Daddy Cool , 35 Cigarette, Florida

Please update with info on any other boats that you might know of.

Thanks

HORBA www.historicraceboats.com

northernoffshore
08-29-2009, 02:43 PM
daddy cool only needs engines, the rest of boat is in great condition and ready to go....and engines are available to put in it through the owners . It is a steal at the price they want.

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Charlie, have you heard anymore from the guy who contacted you about Mongoose. I was given the impression that it wasn't for sale and maybe "tied up" with some red tape at the moment. I did give him my contact info to pass along to the owner but never heard anything.

Although neither of these boats have the history of those listed above... I'm in process on the restoration of the '86 Pantera that ran as the United Racing Engines C-69 boat (an apparently later as "Wild Bullet" around Miami) and I also have the 1977 Pantera 24 race boat that was numbered P51 and went by the name "Bad Temper" however it has been converted to outboards on a bracket (prior to my purchase) and is going through something of a resto mod now.

Ratickle
08-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Charlie, What criteria do you have for the HORBA boats? Do they have to be famous, driven by a famous person, won a race, or ??????

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Paul, check this thread out...

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7030

PARADOX
08-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Saw the old Popeye boat on E-bay a few days ago. Couldnt check it out much, I was traveling. Any info?