PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Express project

cashbrain
08-26-2009, 12:37 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1342057798.html

A little pricey,but, would be a killer ride...

MattBMiller
08-26-2009, 12:56 PM
That is a cool boat! Looks like it's set up for surface drives. Staggered engines in a 32 would be awesome! Hmmmm.....

FastDonzi
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
You could have bought it complete with Innovation motors and Arneson drives about 4 months ago for around 20k or less.

h2oMag
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
You could have bought it complete with Innovation motors and Arneson drives about 4 months ago for around 20k or less.

Yep !!! It was on ebay many times....

MattBMiller
08-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Too bad it's so far away....

glassdave
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
thats a shame someone finally picked it up and parted it out.

600gal fuel capacity :eek: . . . . . . hmmm . . . . wonder what the history is on that lol

Sunsation96
08-26-2009, 04:29 PM
thats a shame someone finally picked it up and parted it out.

600gal fuel capacity :eek: . . . . . . hmmm . . . . wonder what the history is on that lol

I am sure that him and his wife just cruised alot:rofl: Maybe they liked going back and fourth to Cuba or something:willy_nilly:

stormrider
08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Mid Ocean has the boat.

cashbrain
08-26-2009, 05:29 PM
WOW....you guys are good:03:

FastDonzi
08-26-2009, 06:17 PM
WOW....you guys are good:03:

We don't just hang out here for fun, This is Important stuff we are doing....

MattBMiller
08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Has anybody seen this boat in person?

FastDonzi
08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Has anybody seen this boat in person?

I Painted the stripes on it when it was New (in the 80's), But have not seen it since. When it was for sale on ebay I believe they said it was stored indoors, I believe it since the gel or paint doesn't seem faded too bad. Contact MidOcean and have him get you some better pic's...

Switzer It
08-27-2009, 12:06 PM
It was at East Pier Marina, North Tonawanda NY, a few years back. I checked it out with my g/f. Great looking ride. I think it was posted on OSO at time also.

hammerhead
08-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Built like a tank, they really stand the test of time.This boat with new power should scream and this amount of money does not buy much .good deal

MikeyFIN
08-29-2009, 05:47 PM
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1342057798.html

A little pricey,but, would be a killer ride...

A Little Pricey ?

Got something cheaper in same condition... prefer race boats.
PM ME ASAP!

Anyone seen this ME in person lately ?

FastDonzi
08-30-2009, 02:37 PM
A Little Pricey ?

Got something cheaper in same condition... prefer race boats.
PM ME ASAP!

Anyone seen this ME in person lately ?

No, Why?????

Ratickle
08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
What are you looking for Mika? And what price range?

MikeyFIN
08-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Iīm a Sucker for Cheap and old school ;)
and It Always Backfires on me...
Letīs take this on PM if not discussing this particular boat.

MidOcean
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
The Midnight is still available if anyone is interested

I will take 8k cash. The boat is awesome. We were going to install a bracket and OB's... just not enough time in the day guys... I've got a big sport fish that takes most of my time.
850-345-7002

T

Steve 1
08-31-2009, 06:33 PM
32 Midnight looks like a stretched 30 Corsa hull

hammerhead
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
In the early eighties did Byng make a boat under the name of wildcat later was named midnight express.Theres a guy in opa locka has a 37 hull and deck no floors. The title states Wildcat but has the midnight top deck design [unmistakable]is this an early build or splash?

thedonz
08-31-2009, 11:42 PM

I will take 8k cash. The boat is awesome. We were going to install a bracket and OB's... just not enough time in the day guys... I've got a big sport fish that takes most of my time.
850-345-7002

T

A buddy of mine has a 84 32 Midnight like this one that was converted into OB's. It has twin 300 Verado's and run 72 mph.....

jr

DAREDEVIL
08-31-2009, 11:46 PM
A buddy of mine has a 84 32 Midnight like this one that was converted into OB's. It has twin 300 Verado's and run 72 mph.....

jr

This one i believe @ Lake X did mid to high 80's with the Innovation motors and arneson ASD6's ,,,when it was still a nice boat.

MattBMiller
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM

850-345-7002

T

Do you still have the drives?

Steve 1
09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
In the early eighties did Byng make a boat under the name of wildcat later was named midnight express.Theres a guy in opa locka has a 37 hull and deck no floors. The title states Wildcat but has the midnight top deck design [unmistakable]is this an early build or splash?

Could Be because the Midnight name was warm in those days and just asking to get pulled over and the boat tore apart

MidOcean
09-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Do you still have the drives?

Sorry man...drives are sold.

MikeyFIN
09-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Could Be because the Midnight name was warm in those days and just asking to get pulled over and the boat tore apart

Spit the Whole Story behind Midnight out...

As itīs more badboy than Apache...:26:

OneBadInjun
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM

Apples and oranges, my friend...:sifone:

MikeyFIN
09-02-2009, 02:46 PM

you mean Grass and Snow...:lurk5:

Steve 1
09-02-2009, 08:04 PM

37.5 Midnight Express was the Boat!! Well made a stretched 36 Cigarette, Smart move that boat needed to be longer anyway they were the real deal everyone else was a also ran.

FastDonzi
09-02-2009, 08:52 PM

Wellllllll,:sifone: Buds Paid for it all on both Brands, But on the Midnights there was at least one more person (a customer) since the Owner/Builder didn't actually "Use" His boats. He sold them to People, People with names, Names that would actually get Niched by the Curse Filters on this software:leaving: He was running a Good solid boat building biz just like everyone else but someone decided to pick on him. He must have dated the wrong girl and that ****ed someone off. <-------see it niched that and that wasn't that bad at all :)

hammerhead
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Apaches raced and Midnights worked.

DAREDEVIL
09-02-2009, 10:48 PM

I think back then there was no boat make that did not work . :driving:

Steve 1
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Even the Midnight color combo, Blue and grey the damm thing would like disappear at the end of a dock. Everything about it was done very well.

09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Ok, Anyone going to post some pictures of these 37.5's ? :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Some one say Midnight... :D

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/1353424380.html

stormrider
09-03-2009, 09:51 AM
There's been one for sale in florida for a long time.
Usually on Boattrader or Yachtworld.
I dont see it now. And i never saved any pics! :(

MidOcean
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Don't kid yourself... Many apaches worked also... including the triple X boat that I bought after 3 years in "Captivity" and sold to Magnum Mark. The sister boat to that one was used to make the "Cigar" molds... another "worker"

OneBadInjun
09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't kid yourself... Many apaches worked also... including the triple X boat that I bought after 3 years in "Captivity" and sold to Magnum Mark. The sister boat to that one was used to make the "Cigar" molds... another "worker"What kind of moron, would pop an Apache, and call it a Cigar boat?:confused:

nocigarette
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Any reason that boat was parted out, i remember seeing it and thinking it would be cool to own.....I guess people just have to have a cabin.....

What a shame, from the old pics i have it was rigged right and had great hardware.....

MidOcean
09-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Any reason that boat was parted out, i remember seeing it and thinking it would be cool to own.....I guess people just have to have a cabin.....

What a shame, from the old pics i have it was rigged right and had great hardware.....

Because it made financial sense to do so. A lot of people tell me that the boat should have been kept the way it was... but no-one posted the money to buy her the way she was... This was my 8th midnight. I'm like you guys in that I love these boats, but at the end of the day, it all has to make financial sense.

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Understandable but why boat then in the first place as the odds of getting even even is quite low ?

In fact I just guess you just shoot yourself in the head with that statement of yours because the next owner surely wonīt have much luck doing a financial bravado by putting that boat back to running condition.
Or shouldnīt at least expect that, just take it as a hobby.

nocigarette
09-06-2009, 07:23 AM
I guess it all boils down to would a rather have to spend money to advertise the sale or de-rig and make a couple thousand......I see the financial part, but till a very cool old school hot rod....

MidOcean
09-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Understandable but why boat then in the first place as the odds of getting even even is quite low ?

In fact I just guess you just shoot yourself in the head with that statement of yours because the next owner surely wonīt have much luck doing a financial bravado by putting that boat back to running condition.
Or shouldnīt at least expect that, just take it as a hobby.

So I guess I should disregard the email you sent me trying to buy some of my stuff... The only problem with you wasting my time is that YOU don't have any money... and you have the audacity to try to give me "boating financial" advice.

I've got more boats and boating equipment then you will ever dream of having... I had to build a new warehouse just to store it all.

Have a nice day in Finland while I spend the day on my 400k sprtfish.

northernoffshore
09-06-2009, 01:19 PM
better with bravos and newer hardware anyhow.

09-06-2009, 01:38 PM

+1 And easier to inspect/repair the transom, gelcoat and paint. :)

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 04:21 PM
So I guess I should disregard the email you sent me trying to buy some of my stuff... The only problem with you wasting my time is that YOU don't have any money... and you have the audacity to try to give me "boating financial" advice.

Assumptions are the mothers of...
You can take my email as you like if your skin is that thin that you jump out of your holster like itīs lubed.
But Itīs valid still and I have the money if really I feel like buying it but I might spend it Racing too plus then some. You can find me in Clearwater anyhow from the 9/29-10/5, next time Iīm close to you Might be at the Worlds and next season you never know...
I might burn a sportfishers price down the toilet Racing, anyone I might add.
Also Where Iīm located next year is under consideration.

Only REAL problem right now isnīt actually money but to make sure the US boats are importable to Europe as they lack the CE-approvals.
Verified raceboats are at least exempt if can be proven even by the factory to be such.

I've got more boats and boating equipment then you will ever dream of having... I had to build a new warehouse just to store it all.
Have a nice day in Finland while I spend the day on my 400k sprtfish.

Are we having a peeing contest here??
Iīm not going that route to brag of my posessions here as first of all Itīs hard to really prove whats own or on downpayment vice versa but regarding even boats I still think despite what you have youīd still envy me If you knew all.
I might have something THAT CANīT BE BOUGHT and is unique ( read one of one built and sofort).

Actually I Did have a nice day today.

Went to the Finnish Championship Finals in Road Racing where there was lots of cars I have worked on and met a lot of fine RACING people.

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Beg to differ unless the boat has a Hook in the bottom...

Arnesons back and new engines yes.

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM
+1 And easier to inspect/repair the transom, gelcoat and paint. :)

A hole is a hole in the Transom..if itīs ok then the rest of it surely is too and according to the pics Iīve seen that boat looks ok in the Transom and hull in general.
Thereīs more problems sure to be found in the electrics and sofort...but hey This ainīt a new boat anyway.

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess it all boils down to would a rather have to spend money to advertise the sale or de-rig and make a couple thousand......I see the financial part, but till a very cool old school hot rod....

And yes Itīs not lost yet IMO despite being stripped.
I wouldīve just not been so keen to answer that question why strip it.
As long itīs ones own one is free to do whatever one likes. Even burn it.

Iīve personally stated once of a COPO ordered GM muscle car I got myself I might push it to the crusher If I feel itīs the fastest way to get it out of my eyes once I have had enough of it.
And Itīs one of Five COPO cars ordered, my dear parts chaser...