PDA

View Full Version : Patchogue race weekend with great south bay racing

indyracegirl
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
August 20, 2009 Freehold, New Jersey

Raymond Contreras, Chairman of the Board for the Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association (OSS) reported that the OSS Board of Directors voted to make the upcoming race in Patchogue NY. an OSS points race for the Super Vee Lite Class only.

The Long Island race is part of the Offshore Performance Association's (OPA) regular season. Contreras said, 'All of our teams are welcome to go and race with OPA. The Patchogue race is also the second leg of the Geico Triple Crown. We wish everyone a safe race and a good weekend."

The next stop on the OSS schedule is Lake of the Ozarks, Sept. 25 - 27, 2009. For more information about the Patchogue Race please go to www.greatsouthbayracing.com.

OSS is a not for profit association dedicated to the advancement and further development and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America. For more information, please visit our web site at www.offshoresuperseries.com

Ratickle
08-20-2009, 08:32 PM
That just happened today? A couple of days before the race?

Were all of the SVL's already committed? I know some were.

Dunbar 104
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
There could not have been a class vote about it. Nobody called, or sent our team any information about any vote. I guess its the politics of racing.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
There could not have been a class vote about it. Nobody called, or sent our team any information about any vote. I guess its the politics of racing.

It doesn't seem to effect your class. It states that SVL Class it will be an OSS points race in Patchogue.

Not sure why suddenly the other classes voted to not make the Patchogue race one of their competing sites. :confused:
I thought I read Patchogue was replacing one of the other OSS races that was canceled earlier in the season. :confused:

Maybe they will consider the 40th Anniversary NJ Offshore Grand Prix in Pt Pleasant Beach, NJ for another Points race ? Afterall, it is just about in Ray's back yard. :sifone:

That is unless the BIG WATER scares these BIG BOATS away...... :ack2:

ThrottleUp Props
08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
:lurk5:

Louietherigger
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Guys, I would like to thank everyone that came to the Battle on the Bay, At Patchogue Village, Long Island, New York. Even with the threat of a hurricane we had a great turnout. The spirit of Offshore was really present, the crowds loved the action and we were blessed with a safe race.

Thanks, Louie "The Rigger"

Freezeframevideo
09-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Louie See you in Point
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll434/FreezeFrameVideo/patchouge2009/0209.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey Guys, I would like to thank everyone that came to the Battle on the Bay, At Patchogue Village, Long Island, New York. Even with the threat of a hurricane we had a great turnout. The spirit of Offshore was really present, the crowds loved the action and we were blessed with a safe race.

Thanks, Louie "The Rigger"

I am glad I could make it Louie !!!

Here is a great slideshow of your Spectators:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/patchoguespectators/slideshow

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p333057466-4.jpg