PDA

View Full Version : Champ S-18

cosmic12
08-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Looking for pictures of a Champ S-18
I know they were raced in the 60s ad 70s and built by Charles Gagliardo.
There were some withV-drives and I/Os. Looking for any or all info on them.
I can't find anything so far, someone out there has got to have something I hope.

BUIZILLA
08-18-2009, 07:27 PM
there is an original owner boat down here in a garage, don't think it's been wet in a coon's age though... owners name is Gary (?)

imco offshore
08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
his name was charles gagliano my dad and i worked for him,, we built about 20 of them most were Holman&Moody w/volvo 250 or 270 i/os i took some pics and going to send them in a few mins

BUIZILLA
08-18-2009, 08:08 PM
in addition to Gary's, my then next door neighbor had a navy blue/white boat with a 110 Volvo 4 cyl...

cosmic12
08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
his name was charles gagliano my dad and i worked for him,, we built about 20 of them most were Holman&Moody w/volvo 250 or 270 i/os i took some pics and going to send them in a few mins

Sorry for the mis-spell, I have been looking hard and can't find anything, I look forward to the pics. I was hope'n some old race shots would show up, Thanks

imco offshore
08-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry for the mis-spell, I have been looking hard and can't find anything, I look forward to the pics. I was hope'n some old race shots would show up, Thanks

i,ll look around for some race pics,, we had 2 a sky blue and white #171 and a yellow and white # 17 we raced in the early 70s at the miami marine stadium with the florida inboard racing club / apba in the hay day there were seabirds,donzis,champs, harry schols , aniacapris. and a few southamericans 18s the class was called " funny boats " some drivers were ,, ourselfs george sr and jr, steve david, bill serious, harry schol, roy harman, tim mcdonald, jim preston, pete van kerk, george agulairor. ???? :driving: i also drove a 280 hydro called , rebel lady

cosmic12
08-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I wish there were those kinda class's around now and it must have been a blast at the Marine Stadium running those around there. There has to be some good pics around somewhere of those times.