PDA

View Full Version : Don Aronow Movie is available

Ron P
08-17-2009, 06:17 PM
This just came in, thought you might be interested. Ron

Dear Friend

its been a pleasure to announce you that finally the documentary on the legendary life of DON ARONOW is available on AMAZON.com.

As everybody know last year the documentary was awarded as Best Documentary at the Beverly Hills Film Festival.

Enjoy the DVD and all the extras including a full interview with George H Bush and an interesting behind the scene.

You can click on the following link :

http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Man-Do...8135933&sr=1-2

Best

Silvio Sardi
President
Silvio Sardi Communications,Inc.
Tel. (305) 600-2785
Cell US (+1.305) 877-5222
Cell EU (+39.335) 160-4593
skype name: silviosardi

Spicy
08-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Ron,
Amazon link not working???
Pat

Spicy
08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I clicked on the link on your other thread... goood to go thanks.

Lakeside
08-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I got the movie a couple weeks ago, but havent had a chance to watch it yet.. :) J

MattBMiller
08-18-2009, 11:11 AM
I'll have to order that when I get home tonight

TEAMBAJA
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
I bought it and watched it last night. It was cool seeing Charlie on there as one of the first interviews!

RonSilver
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
FYI,

Thunderman is Okay... not great. Hold on to your hats though. Tony Scott and the nephew of film great Michael Cimino are doing an Aronow film based on the younger Cimino's book. The budget is over 50 million according to Variety.

Ron

THEJOKER
09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Documentary was ok and freaked me out when the " P" word came out while my son was watching!

MarylandMark
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Better than nothing is what comes to mind...

09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I watched it today. Didn't really learn anything that I hadn't heard before...but it was entertaining. Thanks for the link Ron! :)

I think you are being generous. It wasn't very well laid out, directed or whatever you would call it.

Not much on the boats themselves :( I would classify it as a TV documentary on A&E .

They did do a decent job of casting reasonable doubt for Ben Kramer though.

More boat story and action would have made it better for me.

Agreed....

It's strange to see people you know well in these things. I thought Charlie and Richie gave good interviews and some background. I was shocked at Joey's condition in the days before his death, but mostly I was amazed at how much Ben still sounds like Ben on the taped phone conversation, head unbowed and coming across much as he always was. If I spent the last 20 years in a cage, I wonder if my spirits could match his.

Bottom line a sad, tragic story about very ruthless and competitive people where everyone lost in the end.

T2x

I was being nice!!! It's part of the new kindler, gentler Craig ;) :)

I thought that Maybe Ron was geting a commission or something!!..

OldSchool
09-07-2009, 09:25 AM
:sifone::sifone::):leaving:

Dude! Sweet!
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Watched this last night. I did find the "bonus" section interviews with the production assistants and crew absolutely hysterical. And the "rock video"... WHOOOEEE!!! Now that was "something".

I would mirror the comments made by others. Interesting to hear these guys talk about it with some form of first hand knowlege. Interesting to hear what Kramer had to say about it. But honestly, couldn't really get past the production quality or the fact that I think they actually got Bobcat to play the part of the homocide detective...

Better than nothing. :sifone:

HH565L
09-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Purchased my copy via eBAY about a month ago. Had it shipped home (Melbourne, Australia), possibly the first copy to land down under. Not too many aware of Aronow's contribution to Offshore Powerboat Racing here.

Unfortunately the film did not live up to my expectations, but I have no regrets and am pleased to be able to say I have a copy.

I also thought the interviews in the bonus section were interesting, particularly those of of Ben Kramer & George Bush Senior.