PDA

View Full Version : Hey Stecz, Not You I Hope

Ratickle
11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Gregory Craig, a lawyer in Washington, D.C., was one of those Americans who wanted to believe again. Craig was not exactly an ordinary citizen—he had served and worked with the powerful all his life, as an aide to Sen. Edward Kennedy in the 1980s, as chief of policy planning at the State Department in the Clinton administration and as a lawyer hired to represent President Clinton at his impeachment trial in the U.S. Senate in 1999. In the late fall of 2003, he was invited to hear a young state senator from Illinois who was running for the U.S. Senate. Craig was immediately taken with Barack Obama. "He spoke 20 to 30 minutes, and I found him to be funny, smart and very knowledgeable for a state senator," Craig recalled. Craig was so visibly impressed that his host that evening, the longtime Washington mover and shaker Vernon Jordan, teased him, saying, "Greg has just fallen in love."

In November 2006, Craig sat next to George Stevens, an old friend of the Robert Kennedy clan, at another Obama speech. Stevens leaned over to Craig and said, "What do you think of this guy for president? I haven't heard anybody like this since Bobby Kennedy." Craig instantly replied, "Sign me up." Stevens and Craig approached Obama coming out of the speech and asked, "What are you doing in 2008?" Obama gave them a big grin and said, "Oh, man, it wasn't that good." But before long Craig and Stevens were raising money for Obama's political-action committee, the Hope Fund. Obama was amused by the devotion of the two old Kennedy hands. After a while, every time he saw the two men he would say, "Here come the Kool-Aid boys."

Stecz, Say it ain't so!!:(

stecz20
11-05-2008, 08:39 PM
no, jim jim jones taught me everything i know... wasnt me......:03::03:

stecz20
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
i wuld have never hung around or voted for kennedy... nixon baby....

Mange
11-05-2008, 09:08 PM
i wuld have never hung around or voted for kennedy... nixon baby....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_o'clock_shadow

R.N. was the man:sifone:

stecz20
11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_o'clock_shadow

R.N. was the man:sifone:

he lived around the corner from me in the last years of his life...

Ratickle
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
he lived around the corner from me in the last years of his life...

Cool, First Pres I got the chance to vote for. Still think he did a good job.