PDA

View Full Version : Hardin oil T-stats?

Tony
08-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Im running the stand alone Hardin oil thermostants and they are leaking somewhere in the general imput port on both motors. Anyone else ever had this happen with theese?

My engine block remote oil adapter starts with a -12M fitting. A double female AN coupler connect the block adapter and the T stat input. All the fittings are as tight as can be withought cracking and the only place theese could be leaking is from the Aeroquip female coupler or the upper "cone" part of the Hardin T stats. At temp both engines leak at roughly one drop of oil per seccond.

Thoughts....?

08-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I have those in my Beak boat. Never a problem. Can you see where the leak is? What kind of thread sealant did you use?

cubicinches
08-16-2009, 10:44 PM
The thermostat body comes apart in two pieces,to gain access to the thermostat itself, and is held together with a large spirolox type lock ring. Where the two pieces go together is an o-ring. Might disassemble them and check the O-ring.

All of the ports use -12 straight O-ring fittings, with the exception of the inlet which is male 37* -12. There aren't any fittings on the whole thing that should require thread sealant.

08-17-2009, 12:50 AM
All of the ports use -12 straight O-ring fittings, with the exception of the inlet which is male 37* -12. There aren't any fittings on the whole thing that should require thread sealant.

Never had mine apart. Learned something. :USA:

Tony
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
All of the ports including the inlet are 3/4"F straight cut O ring fittings. Since they are directly below the block remote oil adapters its next to impssible to pinpoint where the oil is comming from. It either had to be the double female coupler or the top cone of the T stat.