PDA

View Full Version : Why??

Buoy
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Why am I only listed as a registered member under my username, and not a charter member??

Chris
10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
We took a vote. You're out.
;)

Actually, this is one of those site gremlins.

Keep repeating "this is only a test, this is only a test"

and... thanks for being a guinea pig.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
It reads charter member now as I see it.

Chris
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Yes- we're managing this manually right now. Didn't see a need for custom programming for a one-time deal. Once the founders & charters are in, we'l have members and we'll have a very small handful ofg special circumstances that can be handled manually.

Buoy
10-13-2008, 06:16 PM
We took a vote. You're out.
;)

Actually, this is one of those site gremlins.

Keep repeating "this is only a test, this is only a test"

and... thanks for being a guinea pig.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm pretty proud that I was invited to be part of the start-up crew of this group. And by being invited, I'm proud that you all have accepted me into the "core" group, and value my opinion.
OR, you just brought me along as the guy to pick on for his acknowledged ignorance, or the easy target in dodge-ball.:D
Thanks for fixing it Chris - and you should take it as compliment that I want to be recognized as one of the founders here. It's going to be a great place, and I want people to know I was one of the ones that helped lay the foundation.

(Did that sound like sucking up?? It's not. Don't take it that way.)
(If you earn a stripe, you wear it pretty gaddam proudly on your uniform, and make sure everyone see's it. Eh?)

Chris
10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
The Charter thing is just something Heather tossed in there pending a final decision on the actual title. Again, the site isn't really live but a work in progress.

cosmic12
10-13-2008, 06:55 PM
I am with Tim on this and his statement of being proud and honered to be part of this. As for the title its nice but if you have something else in mind I am sure it will be fine and fitting. A work in progress? I think its working just fine and with progress it will only get better. Even if we don't have all the smile's:rolleyes:

PARADOX
10-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm pretty proud that I was invited to be part of the start-up crew of this group. And by being invited, I'm proud that you all have accepted me into the "core" group, and value my opinion.
OR, you just brought me along as the guy to pick on for his acknowledged ignorance, or the easy target in dodge-ball.:D
Thanks for fixing it Chris - and you should take it as compliment that I want to be recognized as one of the founders here. It's going to be a great place, and I want people to know I was one of the ones that helped lay the foundation.

(If you earn a stripe, you wear it pretty gaddam proudly on your uniform, and make sure everyone see's it. Eh?)

Ditto.. What exactly is a "charter member" anyway.?? What ever it is.. I like to be the "few.. not the many" .. Did I say this out loud.. ? Did I say this before?/ :rofl:
On a more serious note.. I would like to help anyway I can.
I think this SO has great potentials.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-15-2008, 08:04 PM
I am with Tim on this and his statement of being proud and honered to be part of this. As for the title its nice but if you have something else in mind I am sure it will be fine and fitting. A work in progress? I think its working just fine and with progress it will only get better. Even if we don't have all the smile's:rolleyes:

Ditto

fund razor
10-15-2008, 09:03 PM

You had him at "hello."

Buoy
10-15-2008, 10:26 PM
You had him at "hello."

Yeah, and when I was a younger un-married man, I had the ladies with "I can make your toes curl".
Now I'm an old fart with an old boat that doesn't run yet.
Oh, welcome to the club.
I think Chris is a member himself.:ack2:

phragle
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I had the ladies with "I can make your toes curl".
Now I'm an old fart with an old boat that doesn't run yet.
Oh, welcome to the club.

Mine was Hi..can I eat you out untill your head caves in? catches them completely off guard :moon: who needs a dancin banana when you got mooning smiley!!!!

BY U BOY
10-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Ditto

Ditto X 2

BY U BOY
10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
You had him at "hello."

you take it in the can:moon:

Wardey
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
:(I'm only a charter member.....:(:(:(Dave

Wardey
10-15-2008, 10:49 PM
WoooHoo, I just moved up in rank.:)Dave

Buoy
10-15-2008, 11:00 PM
WoooHoo, I just moved up in rank.:)Dave

yeah, but your post count sucks.
And we all know that means everything:ack2:

Wardey
10-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey, Somebody has to work.:) Dave

Chris
10-16-2008, 07:44 AM
All part of working the kinks out. Heather is in her 11th month of pregnancy and dealing with machine-gun paced e-mails from me. Tech is doing their best to accommodate everything that's getting tossed at them plus keeping the launch schedule on course- plus, if you recall, we had a 2-week server delay that we're catching up to right now. Obviously the target is to be live and public the week before Key West.

On membership- I am trying to figure out where to put it but I want to write up a membeship guide. This will detail who's who and why.

But, here's the abbreviated version-

Founder- A member of a small group of people that had the vision to assemble this site. These are the people that created the site and now steer its direction.

Charter- Respected members of the performance boating community that were extended membership invitation by the Founders.

Icon- Long-time industry professionals that have and continue to contribute to the sport through their activities and participation.

SO Tech Expert- Technical professionals that have distinguished themselves in the performance boating community and willingly share their time, knowledge and expertise with the members of the SeriousOffshore community.

Please look at Charter closely. You are going to have a one-week window in which to invite your friends and those you respect into this new forum. Once it's closed, it's closed. You need to think carefully about who you invite. Quantity is irrelevent- it's the quality of that person. if it's someone you respect, someone you enjoy, someone you would invite to your home or your boat for a weekend, then that's who you want to invite. look at it from this perspective- is it someone you'll feel bad NOT inviting if you forget them?

Wardey
10-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks Chris. I think the member lay out is good. And thank you Heather and I wish you the best of luck and congratulations !!! They grow up quick so spend as much time with them you can. Dave

Airpacker
10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks Chris. I think the member lay out is good. And thank you Heather and I wish you the best of luck and congratulations !!! They grow up quick so spend as much time with them you can. Dave

What he said...................... Thanks :hurray:

cosmic12
10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Chris, it looks good just let us know when and how the invite works. Heather, good luck I hope all goes well.