PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports Spectacular Schedule!

Coach
08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/schedules/page/spectaculars

:driving:

catastrophe
08-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Thank You

Ratickle
08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Yep, thanks. I was hoping it would be a little earlier. The last one shows 12:00 to 1:00. That is perfect for channel surfers during a lunch snack I think. (At least me. :))

stevequick
08-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Like I was saying: Perhaps it's not the answer but it's the most biggest and likely to be watched we have seen. It might not fix us but it will leave a mark.
SQ

Coach
08-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Like I was saying: Perhaps it's not the answer but it's the most biggest and likely to be watched we have seen. It might not fix us but it will leave a mark.
SQ

Well said...

:sifone:

rchevelle71
08-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Thats Great(for us), but are they promoting it in any way, or are the only ones watching going to be us forum boaters, or those who happen to catch it while channell surfing? They should put it out there in an ad somehow(during other sports shows maybe) to let the general public know about it, lots of people I know would love to watch a boat race from their couch, but wont, or cant follow it around the country like we do.

XtremeRacing
08-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Rich,
That time slot rating is between 600 and 700 thousand. They r working on some promo adds also I believe they r using some footage from Ft Lauderdale.

Wahoo 214
08-13-2009, 08:50 AM
very cool. my DVR will be set.

DAREDEVIL
08-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Cool, but how do i find out where this is on Brighthouse Cabel ?????
mhhhhhh.:confused:

Scotty B
08-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Start by paying your cable bill, the turn on CBS. If you cannot find CBS you have more problems than watching a boat race:iamwithstupid:

XtremeRacing
08-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Lol

Coach
08-13-2009, 10:02 AM
This schedule update is hot off the internet re-publish website overnight roll over! It will take several days for local cable info systems to correlate info...

:seeya:

rchevelle71
08-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Rich,
That time slot rating is between 600 and 700 thousand. They r working on some promo adds also I believe they r using some footage from Ft Lauderdale.

I realize this, I just want to make sure they get the general public interested as that is what was intended. You know how it is at a race site, other than Key West and Sarasota(and some of the newer ones outside of FL), nobody knows whats going on, we spend half the race explaining it to them when we should be on the radio with you:driving:

rchevelle71
08-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Weeded out the junk

2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series
Sunday, Oct. 4 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 10 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 24 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 31 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Sunday, Nov. 15 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Nov. 21 CBS Sports Spectacular:
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Sunday, Nov. 29 CBS Sports Spectacular

Saturday, Dec. 19 CBS Sports Spectacular:
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Pat D
08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
OK..the 2nd race in Clearwater on Oct. 4th starts at 1:00.... CBS show starts at 2:00

I need a plan other than just taping it....I hope race control is in a hotel room :)

F1-00 Racing
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
wow I was told Oct 3 @ 1pm and the slot was the 1-2 slot thru out the series but I guess my informant was wrong. Heck at least its FINALLY posted on the CBS site

Coach
08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
OK..the 2nd race in Clearwater on Oct. 4th starts at 1:00.... CBS show starts at 2:00

I need a plan other than just taping it....I hope race control is in a hotel room :)

It's actually Sat. Oct. 3rd at 2 PM Eastern

Race control will be in the best seats on the beach! :)

You know, balcony view, several floors up, just like Deana requested months ago!

:seeya:

rschap1
08-13-2009, 01:42 PM
AWESOME, Thanks

AugiePensa
08-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Brighthouse Cable is fine, I just brought a trailer load of High Def Machines to them 3 weeks ago in Pinalles Park, Fl and Orlando. Ain't no hole in my chest stopping me from driving a trailer and making $$$$$$. Great job SUPERBOAT! Wish I could have raced this year.

TCEd
08-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Can local CBS stations do their own thing and broadcast something else since this is a network program ?
I fear turning the TV on and seeing a infomerical in those time slots.
ed

F1-00 Racing
08-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Can local CBS stations do their own thing and broadcast something else since this is a network program ?
I fear turning the TV on and seeing a infomerical in those time slots.
ed

No sorry Ed CBS local cant change the programming and since CBS is the only station you get on your television, you are forced to watch it. They have developed a new figamajig that if you try and turn it off you will be shocked. Dont worry I heard the prototype only felt like grabbing a cow fence. We all apologize that these measures had to be taken with you, but if you dont watch, CBS will go out of business and we will lose some quality programming. Please Ed I beg of you, dont screw it up for the rest of us.:dupe:

TCEd
08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
No sorry Ed CBS local cant change the programming and since CBS is the only station you get on your television, you are forced to watch it. They have developed a new figamajig that if you try and turn it off you will be shocked. Dont worry I heard the prototype only felt like grabbing a cow fence. We all apologize that these measures had to be taken with you, but if you dont watch, CBS will go out of business and we will lose some quality programming. Please Ed I beg of you, dont screw it up for the rest of us.:dupe:

Obviously you misunderstood my question. I'll try again.
Listen, I plan to watch the races, I just hope the local CBS station carries the races since I've experienced them doing their own thing in the past.
ed

imco offshore
08-14-2009, 05:41 PM
trent say i.m sorry lol

F1-00 Racing
08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
You are right George, Ed I am sorry. In previous years, when Reggie paid for offshore to be on television the detractors always whined and complained that it was a "Fountain Infomercial". With Reggie paying for it, why shouldn't it have been. You can easily see where your post could be misunderstood. To answer your re-post that clarified, in speaking with CBS National a little while ago, shows listed as "Spectaculars" will be carried nationwide with the local CBS stations having to carry it as part of their contracts with the network. In summary, no, the local stations can not put an infomercial over this broadcast. Can I guarantee this, absolutely not, I am merely a messenger and called them directly and asked them.

Trent

erierunnin
08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Obviously you misunderstood my question. I'll try again.
Listen, I plan to watch the races, I just hope the local CBS station carries the races since I've experienced them doing their own thing in the past.
ed

i was wondering about that as well, considering it's during Football season, im hoping to see the races on there, but will football be broadcasted instead? time will tell

for example...october 4th, Browns vs Bengals, CBS 1pm...kinda jives with the racing

erierunnin
08-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Weeded out the junk

Sunday, Oct. 4 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 10 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 24 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 31 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Sunday, Nov. 15 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Nov. 21 CBS Sports Spectacular:
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Sunday, Nov. 29 CBS Sports Spectacular

Saturday, Dec. 19 CBS Sports Spectacular:
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

the days are messed up, seems all the boat events are on saturdays not sundays, so wont interfere with football

rchevelle71
08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Let me try from my home puter.

TCEd
08-14-2009, 11:20 PM
F1-00 Racing,
No problem.
ed

Coach
08-17-2009, 07:51 AM
CBS Sports Spectacular ‘Super Boat Grand Prix’ 2009 Schedule:

Saturday, Oct. 3 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 10 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 24 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 31 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 7 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 21 CBS Sports Spectacular: 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 28 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Dec. 19 CBS Sports Spectacular: 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

XtremeRacing
08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Guys oct 3rd is betweeen 2:00 - 3:00
I would go by the schedule what CBS posted seems like a few people r trying to help but cant seem to copy it right. The schedule is there dont need 3 versions of it, thanks anyway.

MarylandMark
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Any news on this one?

(ps and this is on this post; not an edit. I have been offline for about 25 days moving in new house, getting Verizon vs Comcast, etc so not being a smartazz; too much going on to look it up myself so looking for a quick answer...)

OldSchool
10-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Any news on this one?

(ps and this is on this post; not an edit. I have been offline for about 25 days moving in new house, getting Verizon vs Comcast, etc so not being a smartazz; too much going on to look it up myself so looking for a quick answer...)

Well, it's not on the schedule to be broadcast anymore. Maybe the Coach can explain!! ;)

Sean Stinson
10-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Did it even air last weekend??????

SVL66
10-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Experiencing production difficulties. PLEASE STAND BY

skaterdave
10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Experiencing production difficulties. PLEASE STAND BY

gotta say that somebody called this BS back then and got ridiculed.

even more suprising is the nobody has stood up and questioned sbi's lack of doing what it said was the "next big thing" for offshore, the CBS tv deal.

ahh just another empty promise. hopefully all those guys that were talking about having sponsorship $$$ because of sbi's TV deal got paid up front.

wonder if JC is going to give you guys a discount on the KW race???

Ratickle
10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The "Word" is it will air but is delayed. Don't know when and why officially though. Hate to speculate with something so important though.

Coach
10-10-2009, 01:52 AM
I will no longer be an 'unofficial' apologist for John Carbonell... The only producer of powerboat racing I will look to for leadership and what direction anything is going from now on is Smitty.

However, responsibility for paying the producer of the filming and getting the 'time-buy' aired was on Danny Gadarian's shoulders. JC was in over his head... I was told by Frank Chivas, that filming with the HD television cameras at Clearwater was provided by Frank Chivas. Since Danny Gadarian was a no show...

TV coverage is the topic of every other sentence in every conversation going on in the back ground, to resolve the future direction of where things will end up. Get your facts from Smitty, let everything else, take it's natural course.

Danny Gadarian used this number to call me after I signed the letter of intent to bring SBI to Clearwater last Jan. 25th, **********He's the one with the answers... from what he said.

Sorry guys... this is the man that told me I was the big mouth running around Clearwater! He was going to get the Sheriff and run me out of town! Its personal, no doubt about it!

Just PM me a request for the number, for this J... A..!

MikeyFIN
10-10-2009, 05:30 AM
Start by paying your cable bill, the turn on CBS. If you cannot find CBS you have more problems than watching a boat race:iamwithstupid:

I just stream it from the net somehow...:26:
As I cant from abroad have access to US cable anyhow-that´s how I look at Nascar too.

MikeyFIN
10-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Brighthouse Cable is fine, I just brought a trailer load of High Def Machines to them 3 weeks ago in Pinalles Park, Fl and Orlando. Ain't no hole in my chest stopping me from driving a trailer and making $$$$$$. Great job SUPERBOAT! Wish I could have raced this year.

Hang in there Bro !!!!!

Keep on pulling the S*it...

AugiePensa
10-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey Micky, how are ya Bud. I guess we're gonna see you in Key West. Looking forward to it, be safe

MikeyFIN
10-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I´m OK... only some slippery roads sofar here (Temps in the low 40´s at day night low 30´s)...hasn´t witnessed any ice on the road but eventually will soon when I jack-knife my 83 foot 132K pounder on the road.
I´ll just try to stay between the lanes and watch out for Moose on the road...

Damn Wish I was somewhere warmer... even NJ would DO!!!

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
I´m OK... only some slippery roads sofar here (Temps in the low 40´s at day night low 30´s)...hasn´t witnessed any ice on the road but eventually will soon when I jack-knife my 83 foot 132K pounder on the road.
I´ll just try to stay between the lanes and watch out for Moose on the road...

Damn Wish I was somewhere warmer... even NJ would DO!!!

Are u crazy ....jersey is cold too.:ack2:

cigdaze
10-10-2009, 11:11 AM
I will no longer be an 'unofficial' apologist for John Carbonell... The only producer of powerboat racing I will look to for leadership and what direction anything is going from now on is Smitty.

However, responsibility for paying the producer of the filming and getting the 'time-buy' aired was on Danny Gadarian's shoulders. JC was in over his head... I was told by Frank Chivas, that filming with the HD television cameras at Clearwater was provided by Frank Chivas. Since Danny Gadarian was a no show...

TV coverage is the topic of every other sentence in every conversation going on in the back ground, to resolve the future direction of where things will end up. Get your facts from Smitty, let everything else, take it's natural course.

Danny Gadarian used this number to call me after I signed the letter of intent to bring SBI to Clearwater last Jan. 25th, **********He's the one with the answers... from what he said.

Sorry guys... this is the man that told me I was the big mouth running around Clearwater! He was going to get the Sheriff and run me out of town! Its personal, no doubt about it!

Just PM me a request for the number, for this J... A..!

Ya, good luck with all that.

AugiePensa
10-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Not that cold in Jersey just yet but soon enough. Be SAFE Bro. I'm running trailers since 1973 and just like boating, I learn something new everyday.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Coach, You sure jumped ship in a hurry. Is it just a coincidence there is a mess left behind every where you go?

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Coach, You sure jumped ship in a hurry. Is it just a coincidence there is a mess left behind every where you go?

LOL:rofl:

Good one Jim.

Sean H
10-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Jump ship or walk the plank?

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Jump ship or walk the plank?

I don't know what is more accurate...Moved on to the next bright light?

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Peolpe,,like i said before,,he has absolutley NO clue whats going on.

ONLY WHAT HE HEARS.

HE IS A SCAMMER .

END OF STORY.

Pat D
10-10-2009, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Coach;338282] Since Danny Gadarian was a no show...
QUOTE]

Hmmmm.......then it must have been his twin brother that I saw at the awards.

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Coach;338282] Since Danny Gadarian was a no show...
QUOTE]

Hmmmm.......then it must have been his twin brother that I saw at the awards.

+ caling a MAN like him a J..A.. is very ,very ,very stupid.

I mean i do alot of stupid things,,,but atleast i can back them somewhat up.
This R.P. .................hahahahah whatever.:rofl:

TCEd
10-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I tried to get Coach to tell what his association with the SBI race was in the GEICO thread and was told by someone there (Maximus) he had an official position with the race. I thanked him for correcting me and also realized that was the wrong thread for discussing Coach.

Coach also called me out and suggested I PM him and we could discuss resumes. My position is I have no resume and I'm not trying to promote/organize or sell anything related to racing which I think he is trying and that impacts me the fan.

ed

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I tried to get Coach to tell what his association with the SBI race was in the GEICO thread and was told by someone there (Maximus) he had an official position with the race. I thanked him for correcting me and also realized that was the wrong thread for discussing Coach.

Coach also called me out and suggested I PM him and we could discuss resumes. My position is I have no resume and I'm not trying to promote/organize or sell anything related to racing which I think he is trying and that impacts me the fan.

ed

ED,,,,i apriciate your intrest in racing as a fan. but please do not believe COACH,,he really did a little behind the sence of the clearwater race but he is a scammer and a wannabe with absolutley NO clue about boats or racing.
He was my marketing guy and did nothing but cost me money ,nervs and nothing absolutley nothing came from it.
Then after a little outfall i had he went and called a friend behind my back and gave him a "real" deal just to shut me up.
Thats the kind of person he is.
A NOBODY.
The only thing he wants to market is his name.
Talking **** behind everybody's back and then turn around and say HI ,,nice meeting u..........lol
PS.: MAXIMUS is Marc the driver from Miss Geico.
Anyhow,,,this Thread is also not about Coach its about TV !!!!!!

Later:USA:

RACESDAD
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
All we want to know, is there or is there not going to be television?

Pete B
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Of course there is, after TV was invented it never went away!:rolleyes::nopity:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I suppose it is a coincidence Coach joined this site 4-30-09 and one of his first threads was to join the CBS band wagon.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6472

I guess it was also a coincidence he was involved with the Orange beach discussion.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6684

It must have been another coincidence there was no race there this season.

The first sign of trouble he
I will no longer be an 'unofficial' apologist for John Carbonell.

I suppose now he will be attaching himself to Smitty and what he has going.

I can only call it like I see it... Trouble must be following Coach.

Pat D
10-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Mika......
Interesting, and this is an example of what has gone on for months, and if we all start posting our collection of emails re: the Clearwater Race Advisor, we should sign up Orville Redenbacher as a sponsor.

I won't post mine but I will tell you that when he got upset with me for not being a messenger and agreeing to tell JC how much he could do for SBI, he called me rude and "Patty"..............guess how that worked out.

On the side note.......all I can tell you is, TV is still in the picture and there is still a production in the works.......come to KW and find out more.

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
mika......
Interesting, and this is an example of what has gone on for months, and if we all start posting our collection of emails re: The clearwater race advisor, we should sign up orville redenbacher as a sponsor.

I won't post mine but i will tell you that when he got upset with me for not being a messenger and agreeing to tell jc how much he could do for sbi, he called me rude and "patty"..............guess how that worked out.

On the side note.......all i can tell you is, tv is still in the picture and there is still a production in the works.......come to kw and find out more.

thank u for clearing that up !!!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++:usa:

F1-00 Racing
10-10-2009, 06:08 PM

What was stated in the drivers meeting Sat morning(Clearwater) that the previous tv schedule that was released by SBI as well as CBS was running into production issues and/or delays and would not be broadcast at this time. However Key West would be broadcast(no dates released) and a determination would be based off of ratings as to if the rest of the races would be broadcast. This was taken from my drivers notes as I was not in attendance and I am sure that someone that was there can correct me or elaborate further that was there.

Now I am not an apologist or anything of the sort and will only apologize for my actions, but I drew a line in the sand based off of doing my due diligence of calling CBS' headquarters directly and them confirming television. I apologize for drawing the line in the sand and basing my information not only from what SBI had posted, but also CBS Sports had posted and then removed.

For these actions on my part, I apologize to everyone(even you Jim). I made a mistake believing and yes based on SBI's notorious past of salesmanship I figured that CBS telling me the information it was on the up and up. I was really looking forward to Offshore racing in general to make leeps and bounds in the right direction with this move, but it goes back to the same sensation I have had for quite a few years of the racers are just turds in a toilet and the associations just keep flushing it. I love this sport almost too much and I guess the plumbing aint right cause I'm still one of the kids still floating in the pool. I am not however jumping ship on JC as he is a good man and has bent over backwards for my team and I, and the obvious fact of looking at a map, it makes sense for me to run primarily with SBI. As I have said time and time again and I wont back down from it, All Associations have fleas......

Hopefully Key West is broadcast and the ratings are great so this situation can be put behind us and offshore racing can be the sport that we all feel it should be.

Trent

Pat D
10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
For these actions on my part, I apologize to everyone(even you Jim). I made a mistake believing and yes based on SBI's notorious past of salesmanship I figured that CBS telling me the information it was on the up and up.
Trent

Nobody said it wasn't on the "up and up".....it was and is....you don't have to apologize to anyone for anything.
S - - - happened and it is being re-worked.

Ratickle
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
racers are just turds in a toilet and the associations just keep flushing it.

Why do I have an inkling that will end up as a sig line somewhere?????:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Pat D,

I expect many are working hard to make it happen. While preparing my 2009 most races list I recorded numerous teams that fully supported your schedule. I hope every ones efforts will be realized and good show will air.

Please keep us posted.

Pat D
10-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Pat D,

I expect many are working hard to make it happen. While preparing my 2009 most races list I recorded numerous teams that fully supported your schedule. I hope every ones efforts will be realized and good show will air.

Please keep us posted.

Jim
They are.......they did and we appreciate it.......I do too.....and I will. :)
Pat

skaterdave
10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
just so everyone here is on the same page:
the tv deal that sbi committed too is NOT going to happen.

but sbi and the few loyalists' have come back to say that the KW race will positively air on tv just not sure when or where ??? but make sure that you show up with $$$$ since you'll need to register all over agian being that is the first race of 2010.

did carbonell use to sell swamp land ???

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
just so everyone here is on the same page:
the tv deal that sbi committed too is NOT going to happen.

but sbi and the few loyalists' have come back to say that the KW race will positively air on tv just not sure when or where ??? but make sure that you show up with $$$$ since you'll need to register all over agian being that is the first race of 2010.

did carbonell use to sell swamp land ???

I wonder why u know more then the people talking to CBS ???

U are a real smart guy ,,,trying to bash SBI and everything that has to do with it becasue u purchased a boat that is sitting in your yard and your to broke to race it .....mmmhhhhh

So just so we are on the same page ,,,YOUR WRONG ABOUT THE CBS DEAL, MORE THEN LIKLEY IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!:USA:

I think you are a angry little F... that is cheallos of people trying to get ahead in live ?!

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 09:10 PM

this is what he posted before the race, plus see the signature.......

They are excited!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Frank,

It's so rewarding to see my brain child taking its first steps! The gratitude in my heart for Frank Chivas and Brian Aungst, Sr., taking the ball and running with it, and to see it all coming together...

From the initial conversations with Ebe Bower the former VP of Tourism at the Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce and Sheila Cole the Executive Director of the Clearwater Beach Chamber, in Sept. last year. To the willingness on Kevin Dunbar's part, the Parks Director for the City of Clearwater, to let me run with the 'maybe' I got from him, instead of the previous ‘NO’s!

Once we had beaten out the competition from several other cities, by sticking my neck out, to sign the letter of intent, for the national championships! Not knowing how or if we could get it all done and paid for! It's a huge undertaking of faith, for everyone involved.

The added benefit of Danny Gadarian's ambitions, to produce a television show focused on the Super Boat International race series. This was going on unknown to all of us in Clearwater! Now CBS Sports is filming and will broadcast the event Saturday, November 28th, at 2 PM Eastern!

It has a life of its own now...

Thank you everyone for making this come true,

Ray Pusillo
the 'Instigator'

Coach

skaterdave
10-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I wonder why u know more then the people talking to CBS ???

U are a real smart guy ,,,trying to bash SBI and everything that has to do with it becasue u purchased a boat that is sitting in your yard and your to broke to race it .....mmmhhhhh

So just so we are on the same page ,,,YOUR WRONG ABOUT THE CBS DEAL, MORE THEN LIKLEY IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!:USA:

I think you are a angry little F... that is cheallos of people trying to get ahead in live ?!

yep, sure it is. next your going to tell us that your going to finish a race.

i don't need to bash sbi, their track record speaks for itself. first sbi said it was a go, then it's delayed ($$$$ issues), now if everyone shows up in KW that will be televised, just not sure when or where ?? then maybe the rest of the races ?

come scotty, your really not the dumb to fall for this line of BS agian, are you ? did you really sign a deal and give $$$ to some stranger thinking he was going to get you sponsorship ?

you answered that email from the guy in kenya, didn't ya. i knew it.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
SkaterDave Daredevil
We have heard enough of your opinion on this matter. Thank you and move on.

DAREDEVIL
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
yep, sure it is. next your going to tell us that your going to finish a race.

i don't need to bash sbi, their track record speaks for itself. first sbi said it was a go, then it's delayed ($$$$ issues), now if everyone shows up in KW that will be televised, just not sure when or where ?? then maybe the rest of the races ?

come scotty, your really not the dumb to fall for this line of BS agian, are you ? did you really sign a deal and give $$$ to some stranger thinking he was going to get you sponsorship ?

you answered that email from the guy in kenya, didn't ya. i knew it.

I was the one sending the e-mails from kenya...LOL

Dave ,,i was there,,,i seen who is doing what,,thats why i am telling u FOR NOW,,,your wrong.

I did not pay the guy money i spend money on stuff that i wouldn't have done if he would of not promissed me $$$$$....thats all.
He still is a Scammer.
Anyhow,,,if u read the post above , u will see also that your statement about SBI using the CBS deal to get Clearwater, is not right .
They did not even know there was TV when they had that meeting month back.

It really sems to me u need to take some vicodin's and sit back ,,,,your all angry and wound up about U not racing. thats your probl;em. DON'T PLAME OTHER PEOPLE WITH YOUR MISTAKES .

Later

skaterdave
10-10-2009, 10:40 PM
scott you have no clue what your talking about. i knew the tv deal was dead in the water back when you were still jumping ship from the 18 races to only doing sbi.

ps i'd be angry if i paid money to race in a boat and not even finish a lap. tell your driver to give me a call if he wants to finish a race.

mobilemerc whats this comment about, we're on a public furom right ?

are we only aloud to post if we sugar coat it and put on a smiley face :):kiss:

F1-00 Racing
10-10-2009, 10:46 PM
it's delayed ($$$$ issues)

Umm Dave, I never, nor have I seen anyone post $$$$ issues. However it has been posted and announced that there are PRODUCTION issues and/or delays. Please since you know everything about everything fill us in!!! You know us keyboard racers have to stick together, oh wait, I aint a keyboard racer anymore, I race.

You have clearly shown that you have a habit of speaking w/o any verifiable facts to back up your statements and for that matter you are the first person I have ever seen on these board systems that knows more than DD. Thats a feat in itself that since you cant race, you should be proud of it. DD might break everytime, but he shows, which is more than you.

Please Mr Know-it-all since you know first hand what SBI is doing or not doing, fill us in, I have decisions to make based off of what transpires. The sooner I get the facts that you know all to well, I can make those decisions. Oh wait you thought European P1 boats come from the Middle East, shows what you know. Never mind, you have proven on SOS as well as OSO that you know nothing as to what is really going on. Have fun behind the keyboard!!!:seeya:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Enough already Skater Dave

Start A I know it all thread if you wish.

If you have nothing new to add save it.

Coach
10-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Nobody said it wasn't on the "up and up".....it was and is....you don't have to apologize to anyone for anything.
S - - - happened and it is being re-worked.

Pat,

Dangling the entire world of offshore powerboat racing, venues and media outlets for months, then backing out on the topic two days after MH City, and ten days before Clearwater!

Danny Gadarian has been a 'No Show' big mouth, since telling everyone he could get this done! Like so many things in his track record, S... happened, just like you said. Danny Gadarian was a no show the morning the TV production problems were to be ironed out on a conference call, the day Brian Aungst in Clearwater pulled the CBS Sports logo's off everything, website, posters everything!

Danny Gadarian told everyone at the original press conference in Clearwater announcing the CBS Sports coverage, that each pending venue would be approached in advance, and the production would be promoted. Another 'No Show' example!

It's was never JC's responsibility to get this done, it was the 'No Show' Danny Gadarian! Now if it actually gets on TV it will happen because of the pressure and benevolence of the sports greatest contributor, and their sponsor. Not SBI or the no show artist!

How did Rich say that last May?
"They shot the gun before they loaded it!"

Once again if you want the answers call Danny Gadarian, I have his number if you need it, send me a PM...

Coach

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Mika......
Interesting, and this is an example of what has gone on for months, and if we all start posting our collection of emails re: the Clearwater Race Advisor, we should sign up Orville Redenbacher as a sponsor.

I won't post mine but I will tell you that when he got upset with me for not being a messenger and agreeing to tell JC how much he could do for SBI, he called me rude and "Patty"..............guess how that worked out.

On the side note.......all I can tell you is, TV is still in the picture and there is still a production in the works.......come to KW and find out more.

I´m coming and I was at the Drivers Meeting where JC announced it´s still in the works and delayed.
I heard all the rumors the pit smack, everything that has been posted here one needs to know.. nothing new in the racing circles to me.

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
this is what he posted before the race, plus see the signature.......

They are excited!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Frank,

It's so rewarding to see my brain child taking its first steps! The gratitude in my heart for Frank Chivas and Brian Aungst, Sr., taking the ball and running with it, and to see it all coming together...

From the initial conversations with Ebe Bower the former VP of Tourism at the Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce and Sheila Cole the Executive Director of the Clearwater Beach Chamber, in Sept. last year. To the willingness on Kevin Dunbar's part, the Parks Director for the City of Clearwater, to let me run with the 'maybe' I got from him, instead of the previous ‘NO’s!

Once we had beaten out the competition from several other cities, by sticking my neck out, to sign the letter of intent, for the national championships! Not knowing how or if we could get it all done and paid for! It's a huge undertaking of faith, for everyone involved.

The added benefit of Danny Gadarian's ambitions, to produce a television show focused on the Super Boat International race series. This was going on unknown to all of us in Clearwater! Now CBS Sports is filming and will broadcast the event Saturday, November 28th, at 2 PM Eastern!

It has a life of its own now...

Thank you everyone for making this come true,

Ray Pusillo
the 'Instigator'

Coach

http://sandkeyblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/powerboat-race-will-benefit-sailing.html

DAREDEVIL
10-11-2009, 09:31 AM
mmmhhhh!!!!!!!!!????

How did Rich say that last May?
"They shot the gun before they loaded it!"

Once again if you want the answers call Danny Gadarian, I have his number if you need it, send me a PM...

First of this shows again ,,,only hearsay. Rich said that last season because of the anouncment that OSS did with the Clearwater race ,,had nothing to do with CBS and SBI.

Second i think Pat has Mr. Gaderians # before this guy even knew his name.

That again shows,,,,NO CLUE ,NO INVOLVMENT , only sabotage !!!!!!!

C-YA. all in KW.

Pat D
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=DAREDEVIL;338866]mmmhhhh!!!!!!!!!????

. Rich said that last season because of the anouncment that OSS did with the Clearwater race ,,had nothing to do with CBS and SBI.

BINGO!!!!!!!

catastrophe
10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I really apologize for dragging this back to day 1 but why are we turning the Clearwater event into a bunch of angst because of the TV stuff?

From what I read the actual raceday was well attended, had great support from the public, was well organized and in the end was one that could be put in the " success " column.

Admittedly there is some discussion who should be credited for all that, the instigator, the community deep pocket facilitator or SBI or all of the above BUT why overshadow all of that success with this BS TV topic ?

This sport hopefully is not hanging its whole existence on whether CBS shows up to film it. What can the best TV coverage of this stuff amount to? 3 or 4 one hour shows at best?

Racers want to race and the followers of this sport are already fast boat enthusiasts. TV isnt going to convert any couch potatoes to the sport we love.

For those that want a film of themselves racing need only to support the guys that already make their income by following all this and hang upside down out of a helicopter race after race.

CBSs deal is short lived at best and shouldnt ruin the successes or overshadow the successes any of the race organizations accomplish without them.

A shame that this crap divides us all.

KW will be KW as always . CBS or not.

To whoever made Clearwater a great day, congratulations.

Kudos to Mickeyfin for his efforts to be all the way over here to participate and add to the excitement.

The gum flapping about what will amount to phuck all in the big picture is time wasted.

Go boating.

Sean Stinson
10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Mika......

Patty....uh oh....How did the work out for dear old Ray???????? :boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley:

Sean Stinson
10-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I really apologize for dragging this back to day 1 but why are we turning the Clearwater event into a bunch of angst because of the TV stuff?

From what I read the actual raceday was well attended, had great support from the public, was well organized and in the end was one that could be put in the " success " column.

Admittedly there is some discussion who should be credited for all that, the instigator, the community deep pocket facilitator or SBI or all of the above BUT why overshadow all of that success with this BS TV topic ?

This sport hopefully is not hanging its whole existence on whether CBS shows up to film it. What can the best TV coverage of this stuff amount to? 3 or 4 one hour shows at best?

Racers want to race and the followers of this sport are already fast boat enthusiasts. TV isnt going to convert any couch potatoes to the sport we love.

For those that want a film of themselves racing need only to support the guys that already make their income by following all this and hang upside down out of a helicopter race after race.

CBSs deal is short lived at best and shouldnt ruin the successes or overshadow the successes any of the race organizations accomplish without them.

A shame that this crap divides us all.

KW will be KW as always . CBS or not.

To whoever made Clearwater a great day, congratulations.

Kudos to Mickeyfin for his efforts to be all the way over here to participate and add to the excitement.

The gum flapping about what will amount to phuck all in the big picture is time wasted.

Go boating.

Alec I can't wait to sit down with you in Key West!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Coach
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
. Rich said that last season because of the anouncment that OSS did with the Clearwater race ,,had nothing to do with CBS and SBI.

BINGO!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Pat,

(Said that after hearing the CBS Sports coverage announcement, at the press conference Danny Gadarian shoved downed Frank Chivas's throat in Clearwater back in April this year!

Rich our most experienced 'ICON' of the topic (media coverage) in the world of powerboat racing wrote:

"They shot the gun, before they loaded it!")

Danny Gadarian shot the gun before he loaded it!

Ray Pusillo

I also wrote this before Clearwater:

The community in Clearwater has long understood that media attention and exposure are the means by which the wheels turn, for your need for speed, on water...

I spoke with Frank Chivas at length yesterday the fact that our title sponsor is Bright-House Cable the largest cable TV provider on the west coast of Florida is a huge factor along this line.

We understood early on that the 'time-buy' program was a venture at risk from the beginning! All of our businesses begin as ventures at risk. The event in Clearwater is a venture at risk....

Our sport of offshore powerboat racing is at risk!

I would encourage participation any where and everywhere, any of us can, that love this incredible sport!

The new venue's such as Michigan City, Clearwater Beach and others are the new blood and enthusiasm we all need. The success in Lake of the Ozarks this weekend for OSS, and this past season overall for OPA, is a tribute to our strength and determination to survive these difficult times.

Sunny Isle Beach event was a miraculous experience, to see it persist on...

Clearwater needs every race team that can attend, they will light a flame so bright that media attention will not be able to ignore it! Many of you have your SBI dues paid and are planning to attend Key West in November.

Make your way to Clearwater, please everyone! This is a site for every team to bask in and be treated like Gladiators!

The filming for CBS Sports has a heart beat still, for specifics contact SBI, for those answers. From the sincere interests of Clearwater who are hosting and presenting themselves here, with or without CBS TV coverage, the show is going on as scheduled, the media coverage will be massive!

Coach
Ray Pusillo

RACE ADVISOR
2009 Clearwater Super Boat
National Championship and Festival

Sean Stinson
10-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Race Advisor

Just what exactly is your job description to fill this position??????

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually I could care less about the TV as long as get a piece of the opposite sex ( even a hug will do) on the beach watching us BAD ASS BOAT RACERS ;)
And for that CLEARWATER was Great !!!!

Thank you all who gave me the chance to do it.
and Like I Said at the Prize ceremony I´ll be back and you´ll better be watching your asses.

Finally after all these years I had a dream come true.
It took 25 yrs for me to do it again.
To Be apart of Racing in U.S.A,that is.
My dream has always been after I left racing circles ( ASA Late Models ) in the states to hear the sentence : Gentlemen start your engines... then fire away and hear 30+ others doing the same and go fast, turn left around 500 miles for a few hours.
Well that didn´t happen this time but actually it was something better.
I never thought I could get a shot at racing offshore over there and there wasn´t many before my stunt over here either.
Now I think I broke some (sacred) ground... and this thing will catch on and I´ll do my best to continue and help others in their similar efforts.

catastrophe
10-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Every single poster on this subject clearly has their own agenda.

If it isnt
I got ripped off by someone that fed me BS.
Hey look at me , look what I did for boat racing
SBI is sh.t OSS is better but OPA isnt bad either
You're a racer..but never finish a race
The saviour of all this is the guy that has KW
We need CBS or we are all going to die

All of this is pure crap.

You know whats going to make boat racing exist?

A guy with some money and a bunch of buddies in a shop with a couple of boxes of beer. A guy that loves speed with big balls that hates someone passing him who has the attitude that he can have some fun 4 or 5 times a year with some other like thinking pals that at the end of it all says " Phuck, that was a riot and I'm going to do it again next year.
And you know what? He's going to do it next year whether Coach is there waving his own flag or whether the venue is sh.t or whether the weather didnt cooperate and especially whether CBS shows up or not.
He's going to be there because he loves it.

This sport needs no one if the racer stays home.

And today, on your long weekend , the real racer has his boat in a million pieces with his buddies and there is one extra box of beer and they are havin fun talkin about turn 6 at this race and the skank they got drunk at this event or the guy everyone caught peeing in the bushes at Cambridge.

Thats who makes this all work...the boys and their toys.

If it isnt SBI OSS or OPA they will always find someone to put this all together, and it will go on together FOREVER. They do it. We talk about it.

They put as much credence into all this crap as a ball of sh.t.

Long live the DOERS and screw the PRETENDERS.

Happy holidays to all you yankee bastages.

See you all in KW.

To all the racers that spent their money and drove hundreds and hundreds of miles to have good fun and entertain us I acknowledge you all as our heroes.

If you finished every race good for you, if you didnt...you tried and thank you for your efforts.

To those that want credit and dont deserve it...get lost.

DAREDEVIL
10-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Race Advisor

Just what exactly is your job description to fill this position??????

NO NO NO ,,,what is his position to fill this job ??? LOL:rofl:

DAREDEVIL
10-11-2009, 10:28 AM

If it isnt

A guy with some money and a bunch of buddies in a shop with a couple of boxes of beer. A guy that loves speed with big balls that hates someone passing him who has the attitude that he can have some fun 4 or 5 times a year with some other like thinking pals that at the end of it all says " Phuck, that was a riot and I'm going to do it again next year.
And you know what? He's going to do it next year whether Coach is there waving his own flag or whether the venue is sh.t or whether the weather didnt cooperate and especially whether CBS shows up or not.

And today, on your long weekend , the real racer has his boat in a million pieces with his buddies and there is one extra box of beer and they are havin fun talkin about turn 6 at this race and the skank they got drunk at this event or the guy everyone caught peeing in the bushes at Cambridge.

If it isnt SBI OSS or OPA they will always find someone to put this all together, and it will go on together FOREVER. They do it. We talk about it.

See you all in KW.

To all the racers that spent their money and drove hundreds and hundreds of miles to have good fun and entertain us I acknowledge you all as our heroes.

If you finished every race good for you, if you didnt...you tried and thank you for your efforts.

THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER.

The only thing is ,,,we use Gray Goose / Redbull .LOL
I am gonna have a poster made of it and hang it in my living room. :USA:

C-YA in KW.

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 10:36 AM
THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER.

The only thing is ,,,we use Gray Goose / Redbull .LOL
I am gonna have a poster made of it and hang it in my living room. :USA:

C-YA in KW.

Poster Of the Grey Goose/ RedBull drink ???

And WE do drink (or I do at least) something else too..
Like White Russians one at a time and beer... ;)

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 10:39 AM

If it isnt

See you all in KW.

That´s Racing Folks !!!

Coach
10-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm going to vent my last comment on all this and leave it all up to everyone that's taking time, to read and ponder, then perhaps add to this conversation.

The unfulfilled promises are the root of the problems here! Someone promoting that TV coverage is at his finger tips is the poison in the porridge!

Someone saying he's going to pay money to a team for the decals on the boat, from a major international casino and restaurant chain!

Someone saying he will sponsor a new world class venue with the same casino chain money, and a respected Native American associations money! Brian Aungst and Frank Chivas didn't get the check yet, Danny!

The topic of the CBS Sports coverage of SBI powerboat racing and why it was pulled from the CBS corporate website 'Sports Spectacular Schedule'! Is a topic Danny Gadarian is responsible for... period!

Unfulfilled promises of race event dollars, remember that one? The announcement in Marathon... $2 to $3 thousand per team to come and race on and cover expenses!

That's all Scott Rutherford needed, Bruce Seroff, George, and on and on... The root of the problem is being a 'No Show'! It's amazing by contrast to see the difference with who does show!

Miss GEICO Racing...

and all the teams that participated at any level this past year, where ever they entered!

The producers that show up...

The communities that showed up...

The spectators that showed up...

Then finally the group that made it all possible with their investments of sponsorship cash, that actually showed up...

Danny Gadarian, you didn't you show up!

Next

SVL66
10-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Coach

For the record. TV had no impact on us for coming to race with SBI. I chose to run Sarasota because I heard it was a great race for a great cause. I was not disappointed. We had a blast. I had hoped to do other races with SBI this year, but free time, and conflicts with other race dates, prevented me from doing so. The TV coverage would have taken it up a notch. We had no idea what was announced or promised in Marathon. Please, please, please.... do not speak for me or my team. You have no idea what our intentions were.

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Ditto, if you are referring to George IMCO we had no intention of going to Marathon we had previously committed to Lake Cumberland.

DAREDEVIL
10-11-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going to vent my last comment on all this and leave it all up to everyone that's taking time, to read and ponder, then perhaps add to this conversation.

The unfulfilled promises are the root of the problems here!

Someone saying he's going to pay money to a team for the decals on the boat,

Next

WELL................thats ALL what u did !!!!!!!!!!!!

If u say know i can post the e-mails and also can get witnesses that heard while we where @ dinner !!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmhhhhhh,,,things that make u wonder !
So who is the Lyer and promiss maker here ??????????

MikeyFIN
10-11-2009, 03:03 PM
We´re beating a dead horse here...

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Scott you have made your point numerous times. Please enough already.

Lets try to keep this thread on topic... CBS.

Pat D
10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Scott.........

you know what I'm going to say...........

the end

on to conch town

DAREDEVIL
10-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Scott.........

you know what I'm going to say...........

the end

on to conch town

GOTCHA,,,,,LOVE YA,,,SEE U THERE !!!!!!!!!:kiss:

skaterdave
10-11-2009, 03:31 PM
///

skaterdave
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
[///

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Dave until someone you directly questioned speaks up I can relay what was said at the drivers meeting according to a few a spoke to. Clearly I am not an SBI official, the story as I understand it in my words is.

It is a work in progress. Many are working hard to make good on promises made. They are continuing to collect footage and editing what they have in effort to present a show for airing. Nothing is likely to happen before Key West. At that time they hope to make an announcement.

In the mean time I can only add it is unfortunate it has played out as it has. I do not have the details as of why. Many may be able to speculate or add their 2 cents. Some can add in their "It told you so." It really doesn't matter at this point. All we can really do is wait and hope the best for those involved.

Pat D
10-11-2009, 04:26 PM
ok lets get back on topic

can any of theses guys actually speak on sbi's behalf, pat d, extreme (frank), f100-trent, douchedevil to state whats going on??

which one of these guys would you believe anyway ?

Sean Stinson
10-11-2009, 05:30 PM
which one of these guys would you believe anyway ?

Come on Pat you have always spoken the gospel to me....enough said....the bottomline is this there will be 2 outcomes here TV or not TV that is the question????

Maybe we should fix the other things wrong before we cry over the TV issue!!!!

Wardey
10-12-2009, 07:51 AM
My head, my head.......Dave

2TR
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Maybe this has come up in the thread and I missed it but, what happens if a Large team pulled extra sponsor dollars to race SBI for the sole reason of it being televised? who the team be on the hook to return the money? would SBI be on the hook?

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe this has come up in the thread and I missed it but, what happens if a Large team pulled extra sponsor dollars to race SBI for the sole reason of it being televised? who the team be on the hook to return the money? would SBI be on the hook?

Rick, good question ,,but to early to ask ,,since TV is still there just the brodcasting dates are moved ..............

Also, i would say NO. ?!

SVL66
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
DD.....
I hope your right. Im somewhat skeptical.

2TR
I would think the sponsor would expect their money back from the team, being they did not get what they paid for. It might be stipulated in a sposorship agreement. They'de obviously have to sue for it. I doubt the team will return it willingly. Some where along the line, SBI would get sued as well.

Wahoo 214
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Sponsorship doesn't come cheap. It is a huge committment for the Team in time and work. It would be a shame if becuase of something out of your control you lose the sponsor and end up writing a big check. Wasn't there something about all sponsors needing to be "approved" by SBI? That would certianly be a legal trail back to the Org. Hopefully it all works out.

DAREDEVIL
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
DD.....
I hope your right. Im somewhat skeptical.

2TR
I would think the sponsor would expect their money back from the team, being they did not get what they paid for. It might be stipulated in a sposorship agreement. They'de obviously have to sue for it. I doubt the team will return it willingly. Some where along the line, SBI would get sued as well.

We all ARE !?

But as for now its not OFF ,,like some say or think.

And about the suing part,,i would think SBI would sue the company that did not hold up to they'r agreement aswell ??!!

LETS JUAT HOPE FOR A GOOD OUTCOME,,FOR ALL INVOLVED AND US RACERS!!!!!!!!!!!:USA: