PDA

View Full Version : P51 - Bad Temper also getting Kaliforniafide

Dude! Sweet!
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Sitting in an airport in San Jose right now and figured I'd start a thread on my 24 as well.

According to Pepe, its the old P51 "Bad Temper" raceboat. It was converted to OBs on a bracket at some point. I have some pics of that.it was run for a few races before the bad temper guys switched to tripple OBs and a 28.

Anyhow, doing some revisions to this one too and thought I'd start a thread, since Bob isn't answering my Cubs related texts...

I went after the cabin with a claw hammer sunday. :reddevil:

Pics to follow!

Bobcat
08-13-2009, 06:44 AM
I turned away from the TV in anger!!!!! I actually had a snootfull and went to bed! are you staying with trips or two more powerful o/b's ?

lowblue320
08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
any pics of when it was bad temper and now?

Mikeb4
08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I vote with these two new projects we all chip in and buy Sean a nice compact digital camera so he can stop using that cell phone ..... what say you all?? Count me in for $20

It's almost fall here in Michigan so we need entertainment for the winter! :USA:

Bobcat
08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
if he would clean the jaegermeister off the phone camera lens it probably wouldn't look so bad

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Ha! I have one, I just never have it with me! I'm trying to get better. I did bring it to the circle boat races!

And brother... that's NOT Jaegermeister! :reddevil:

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
OK, a couple of oldtimey shots... Pepe told me that it originally looked just like "TV6 Perfect Escape". I don't have a picture of the 24 Bad Temper, but Pepe said if he finds one he'll let me know.

I do have a picture of the 28 Bad Temper (middle boat as I recall) and one of the team guys (over our fearless-leader's shoulder).

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 07:16 PM
OK, so this is how she looks now... A pair of 1998 200 Yammies on an SMI bracket and the infamous "boner-in-sweat-pants" stand up bolsters.

Bobcat
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
might wanna lay off the carbo's before you step on that fender again!:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
might wanna lay off the carbo's before you step on that fender again!:sifone:

I got a rubber bungee cord holding the 28 fenders on! This is a step up! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
So my plan right now is to lower the seat bases (gonna cut down the supports) so it's a sitdown boat and tear out the cabin floor (its a bit, um "rude") and then repaint the cabin with bare stringers. I'm also going to ultimately change the deck hatch, put 260 tabs on it, install hull mounted water pickups and redo the purple upolstery...

I was in the cabin Sunday with a claw hammer "fixing" the floor! :reddevil:

tomcei
08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
"boner-in-sweat-pants" stand up bolsters.

now that is some funny stuff right there:rofl:

lowblue320
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
OK, so this is how she looks now... A pair of 1998 200 Yammies on an SMI bracket and the infamous "boner-in-sweat-pants" stand up bolsters.

oh, Mike old boat... I love the way it sits in the water.

Dude! Sweet!
08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
oh, Mike old boat... I love the way it sits in the water.

Yup, I thought you guys knew I had it now.

Jo also gave me some pics from when it was getting re-rigged that I'll try to scan. A guy named Mandy in Miami did it I guess?

Thing looks RACEY in the water. People figure it must be a 90mph boat. Ha ha ha.

duunoit
08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
install hull mounted water pickups

and unbury the props. The propshafts are about 6-7" below the hull...

Buoy
08-14-2009, 01:39 AM
I vote with these two new projects we all chip in and buy Sean a nice compact digital camera so he can stop using that cell phone ..... what say you all?? Count me in for $20

I'm also in for $20.:sifone:

Sean, can't wait to see everything coming together.
I've been kind of in a holding pattern on my boat until I start seeing some incoming money. Not to mention, even going out and doing cheap stuff isn't going to happen when it's 115+ outside...

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Tim has a job for a week and he's already lighting cigars with $100 bills! :sifone:

Buoy
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Tim has a job for a week and he's already lighting cigars with $100 bills! :sifone:

Hey, tomorrow is two weeks!
Let's just say I'm a generous guy in both my money, and my time and dedication when it becomes boating related.
I should probably rescind the offer, that $20 could make the difference whether I make it to KW this year, and right about now, it ain't looking good at all.

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 08:25 AM
KW falls on my wifes b-day every year, so I've got to have cash and throw down a "big johnson" to make that trip... Ah well, maybe next year! :D

rchevelle71
08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
"boner-in-sweat-pants" stand up bolsters.

Actually, pic#1(TV6boat) is the reason I went with sitdown:driving:

rchevelle71
08-14-2009, 09:35 AM

I agree, mine likes the motor jacked WAYYYYY Up:biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Actually, pic#1(TV6boat) is the reason I went with sitdown:driving:

Yah, it's fairly insane looking... I'm about 6'2" and carry a lot of my weight in my chest and shoulders (ahem) and with the way the boat handles right now, if I don't convert it to sitdown, it's really a matter of "when" not "if" I go swimming...

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
It's funny, Jo was saying that the mirages have a ton of bow lift (in Beck427's thread on OSO), but I'm running mirage + and the boat feels like it's got a bit of bow steer and an itch to spin rather than porpise when I run it in the ocean (It did seem to porpise in the river though)...

The Bennett tabs are basically useless though, which is why I'm converting to the 260s K planes. Hopefully that helps. Also need to bleed the steering and try some different props. Plus raising the motors of course...

Mikeb4
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Yah, it's fairly insane looking... I'm about 6'2" and carry a lot of my weight in my chest and shoulders (ahem) and with the way the boat handles right now, if I don't convert it to sitdown, it's really a matter of "when" not "if" I go swimming...

Confucius say: maybe not- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihN6dNUP5Sc

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
My boat does that going in a straight line... at 45! :sifone:

rchevelle71
08-14-2009, 12:45 PM
It's funny, Jo was saying that the mirages have a ton of bow lift (in Beck427's thread on OSO), but I'm running mirage + and the boat feels like it's got a bit of bow steer and an itch to spin rather than porpise when I run it in the ocean (It did seem to porpise in the river though)...

The Bennett tabs are basically useless though, which is why I'm converting to the 260s K planes. Hopefully that helps. Also need to bleed the steering and try some different props. Plus raising the motors of course...

I tried a mirage plus on mine, and didnt like it the bow went to the sky on every little bump, but then again I run my motor extremely high. Your bowsteer may have something to do with how deep your motors are. Are those 25" motors?? Are you keeping the yamahas, or switching out?? If you switch, you may want to try 20"ers, but talk to Jo first, see what he says. I ran a 20" on my 24 for a bit, and it handled great, but it was just an old 200, and could only get the boat to 50, plus it was buried behind the transom, with twins I would think you can go up a bit beng as your motors will stick out below the vee. If you get a chance try regular mirage also, instead of the pluses, worked for me.

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks Rick. Yah, the yammies have 25" mids on them. It looks like there was a 20: mid available according to the service manual, so I'm going to try to hunt those down. I'm also going to try to chase down a pair of mirages.

Honestly, this boat will basically be my "work boat" for a while. Family boating, harbor cruises and stuff like that, so there's not a huge urgency on this one until I get the race boat done. But then, it's on like donkey kong with this boat (assuming I haven't sunk it! :reddevil: )

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Honestly I think if I was going to switch power, I'd probably go with a single 4 stroker... Maybe a 300?

rchevelle71
08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Honestly I think if I was going to switch power, I'd probably go with a single 4 stroker... Maybe a 300?

4 Stroke:ack2:

Oh, thats right your in California:reddevil:

Dont take my info to be gold, just what I have found with my single, twins and your setback is a whole diferent game. When I picked up my 250EFI the guys buddy that was helping him take it off the Powerplay and I were talking, he has a 24 with twin 150 mercs mounted to the transom:ack2:and he claims he is only getting 52MPH:rofl: When I told him I was running close to 60 with a single tired old merc 225 25" fishin motor his jaw hit the floor, so I had to show him the youtube video:reddevil: Hoping to Break 60 tomorrow with the 250:driving: I'll bring the Camera:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Good luck Rick!

I love the two strokes, but if I'm going to use the boat as a fast Duffy, with the family and whatnot, the 4 stroker would be better. Last time I had the boat at Pelican Island, I smoked everyone off the deck (of the bar) on start up! :sifone:

It was damn funny... People coming outside for a smoke and getting chased inside by smoke!

LittleDcsRodShop
08-14-2009, 07:00 PM
now that is some funny stuff right there:rofl:

Tom you beat me to it !!! I almost lost my coke when I read that..

Now that I think about it I'm not real sure thats the best choice of words on my part..:ack2:

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Ladies and gentlemen... Mr. Conway Twitty! :sifone:

tomcei
08-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Conway is one of my favorites!

LittleDcsRodShop
08-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Though you guys might like that.. Lol. Funny thing is we have an insurance inspector that comes by that looks like his twin brother !! I will try to sneak a shot sometime..:biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Very funny... I was watching something on TV recently and it had a random Twitty in it... :sifone:

Bobcat
08-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Very funny... I was watching something on TV recently and it had a random Twitty in it... :sifone:

was that south park ? it was animated then cut to conway twitty (she stopped loving me today):confused:

tomcei
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM
was that south park ? it was animated then cut to conway twitty (she stopped loving me today):confused:

George Jones sings "she stopped loving me today"

Dude! Sweet!
08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
If I was going to venture a guess, I'd say family guy.

Dude! Sweet!
08-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Tom might be on it here, Twitty and Jones are equally haggered looking and both have rather similar man-buffont hair-dos...

LittleDcsRodShop
08-15-2009, 12:49 AM
So are you saying that they were both okie's from misckogie ?

Dude! Sweet!
08-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Merele Haggard, the only man kicked out of and given the key to the city of Bakersfield CA... They don't call him the King of California for nuthin'! :sifone:

Please see the PUI thread for further incoherent ramblings!

Bobcat
08-15-2009, 11:27 AM
George Jones sings "she stopped loving me today"
D'OH ! :sifone:

If I was going to venture a guess, I'd say family guy.

that would be it.:26:

Dude! Sweet!
08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
=F177BF702C78C512

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1fX-FvKW8&feature=PlayList&p=F177BF702C78C512&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

Dude! Sweet!
08-19-2009, 09:32 PM
And...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=53500859

LittleDcsRodShop
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Classic !!

tomcei
08-20-2009, 10:53 AM
=F177BF702C78C512

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1fX-FvKW8&feature=PlayList&p=F177BF702C78C512&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

i saw that one on "HEE HAW" reruns a few weeks back.

Dude! Sweet!
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Man, I haven't seen HeeHaw in a coon's age! :sifone:

Used to be one of my favorite shows.

Bobcat
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Man, I haven't seen HeeHaw in a coon's age! :sifone:

Used to be one of my favorite shows.

"gloom despair and agony on me.".................:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-20-2009, 01:07 PM
So can we call it at this point? As of 10:06am Pacific Time, we've finally discovered that Pantera owners are all rednecks!?

LittleDcsRodShop
08-20-2009, 01:18 PM
So can we call it at this point? As of 10:06am Pacific Time, we've finally discovered that Pantera owners are all rednecks!?

You didn't think it would be possible for you to start a thread without some sort of surprise did you ?? Funny thing is with us idiots all it took was a simple avatar pic to get us side tracked & off topic.. as for the redneck statement yeah I would say for the most part thats pretty true you guys are a bunch of rednecks !! :biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
08-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Dang, I'm a bigger redneck than a guy from Tennessee!!! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey thats quite an acomplishment !!

Btw: Sweet video !!

Off to the beach..

Dude! Sweet!
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM

So this weekend, I continued the "War of the Bilge Pumps", measured the propshaft depth (5" below the bottom) and cut pretty much the entire floor out of the cabin (by the way, if any one in Miami is looking for a crescent wrench, it's in my trashcan behind the house! :D )

Pictures to follow. As if jinxed by my comments to Tim about the camera, my wife dropped the little digital camera in the sand at the beach on Friday and it doesn't open right now... :reddevil:

Buoy
08-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Sean, we're going to have send you an Official Photog for your ventures.
You "clearly" have camera trouble.
Maybe Sharkey, FF, or Jayboat could help you out:sifone:

How's the 24 running, and are you making any progress on the 28, or still holding off until winter?
If you get a hole in your day tomorrow, give me a call, I plan on hanging out at the house drinking beer all day, so I got the time.

Dude! Sweet!
08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Give you a shout tomorrow. Just got home from work...

Mikeb4
08-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Pictures to follow. As if jinxed by my comments to Tim about the camera, my wife dropped the little digital camera in the sand at the beach on Friday and it doesn't open right now... :reddevil:

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=prod2460096&EDID=QPK7JE-3OIIA-SH5FAJ-YHJ0KE-SLMCO-v1&cm_mmc=Email-_-promo-_-wk35con-_-Box1_Olympus :toetap05:

Dude! Sweet!
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Hilairous!

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Ok, progress pics... This is the "Demolition phase" and keep in mind that I flew out to Knoxville and looked this boat over very carefully, so I want to make sure everyone knows that I was well aware of what I was getting into when I bought this boat. You won't find a better guy or a straighter shooter than Chris (Duunoit).

Ok, onto the carnage! :sifone:

As I said, I started hacking out the cabin floor. I used a 4" grinder with a cutting wheel on it and basically left a few inches everywhere so I could see how much room I had before I pushed up against the hull (thank you Rick! :D ). I don't know what I'm doing, but at least I'm not going to let my ignorance keep me from doing stuff! The plan is to cut out the floor, throw in a bulk head or two (but stick with bare stringers), get rid of all the mildew and repaint everything. I'm going to at least replace the deck hatch, but might seal it off and go with the smooth deck look like I'm doing on the 28. We'll see...

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 02:00 PM
A couple more pics. I left that section on the right there so that I'd have something to sit on, but it's basically also already cut out. I didn't have a respirator around so I was holding my shirt over my face with one hand and running the grinder with the other (in case you were wondering how loaded I was when I made those jagged cuts). But I figured it's all coming out anyhow, so I wasn't too worried about it.

I only started a small fire, well really more of a smoulder, with the cut off wheel (one spot where the wood was actually dry!) and had to punch the floor out (Human Wrecking Ball style!) before it all when up... :sifone:

I found a crescent wrench under the floor too!

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd mentioned that I'm fighting the battle of the bilge pumps too... I'm sure I've got a pair of dead floating switches but haven't gotten around to change them yet. I also have this weird deal where my two position dash switches light up when I switch them on, but when I complete the circuit, the test light doesn't light and the light on the switches go out. If I switch the switches off and back on they light up again until I complete the curcuit. No power to the back though.

I should disclose that I have a long and checkered history with vehicular electrics dating back to the time I tried to chase a short in the dash of my '69 Triumph GT6+ and found that the ENTIRE harness had been wired with green wire. Not painted, but all green wiring... Ah good old english labor unrest...

Anyhow, I do currently have it rigged up so that I can plug in a couple of blade type connectors from the battery to the power on the pumps and get them to run if I need it, plus I've got a pretty boss hand pump from West Marine...

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Here's a picture of my fish tank... :sifone:

Buoy
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Take the crescent wrench back to Sears and get a new one:sifone:

You're doing it right, when I saw the cabin on that boat I knew that is what needed to happen.
In some ways there is more space in the cabin than you originally think, and in other ways, it's awfully tight.
And the door is a bit awkward to get through - especially with tools and stuff.

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Take the crescent wrench back to Sears and get a new one:sifone:

You're doing it right, when I saw the cabin on that boat I knew that is what needed to happen.
In some ways there is more space in the cabin than you originally think, and in other ways, it's awfully tight.
And the door is a bit awkward to get through - especially with tools and stuff.

Especially when the diameter of the door is about 2" wider than the diameter of my body! :reddevil:

When I redo the cockpit, I think I'm going to open up the under dash area a bit more and do a sit-down dash like Greg's 24...

You'd think I'd learn, but man I can't keep my hands off the tar-baby! :reddevil:

Buoy
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Especially when the diameter of the door is about 2" wider than the diameter of my body! :reddevil:

When I redo the cockpit, I think I'm going to open up the under dash area a bit more and do a sit-down dash like Greg's 24...

You'd think I'd learn, but man I can't keep my hands off the tar-baby! :reddevil:

Yeah, you're a bit bigger dude than me, and it's uncomfortable for me getting in and out of the cabin.

Ratickle
08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Here's a picture of my fish tank... :sifone:

There is an aquarium thread somewhere on here.

Dude! Sweet!
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, you're a bit bigger dude than me, and it's uncomfortable for me getting in and out of the cabin.

And I think the door is bigger on this one than on yours. One of my favorite pics of the 24 cabin in use... "Sure you can sit in the cabin"... :D

Ratickle
08-30-2009, 03:15 PM
And I think the door is bigger on this one than on yours. One of my favorite pics of the 24 cabin in use... "Sure you can sit in the cabin"... :D

Kinda remionds me of the Marlin. It may be worse though. :sifone:

Buoy
08-30-2009, 04:48 PM

(Forest Gump voice) - "That's my Boat"!!:sifone:

Who's that in the cabin? Is that you?
Looks a bit different than the "Gone Native" version that showed up at my place back in April.

Bobcat
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
"Gone Native" is a trademark owned by me............

leave 5 bucks by the door thank you:sifone:

MikeyFIN
08-30-2009, 05:35 PM
There´s a saying that Mr Lucas was a fine apostola but a damn bad electrician.. aka the Prince of Darkness.
And he had to be related to Mr Marelli...

Buoy
08-30-2009, 05:40 PM
"Gone Native" is a trademark owned by me............

leave 5 bucks by the door thank you:sifone:

Will a 6-pack suffice.
I'm short on money, but never short on beer.:sifone:

Bobcat
08-30-2009, 05:54 PM
we'll have change left over!:sifone:

Mikeb4
08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
There's one upside to this Sean - you will see a LOT of progress quickly! :willy_nilly:

The bad news is there's a lot of progress to make!! :ack2::puke::toetap05:

Keep it rolling for us heading into winter folks ..... :USA:

tomcei
08-30-2009, 07:28 PM
OK Sean, it's official, u aint scared of nutin!

Buoy
08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
There's one upside to this Sean - you will see a LOT of progress quickly! :willy_nilly:

The bad news is there's a lot of progress to make!! :ack2::puke::toetap05:

Keep it rolling for us heading into winter folks ..... :USA:

Fortunately for me, heading into winter will now mean it's cool enough to go outside and get to work on the boat!!:sifone:
108 right now.
But, it's a dry heat:icon_bs:

LittleDcsRodShop
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
So I leave civilization for 1 short week & come back to Sean with an idea & a cutoff wheel.. :sifone:

rchevelle71
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok, progress pics... This is the "Demolition phase" and keep in mind that I flew out to Knoxville and looked this boat over very carefully, so I want to make sure everyone knows that I was well aware of what I was getting into when I bought this boat. You won't find a better guy or a straighter shooter than Chris (Duunoit).

Ok, onto the carnage! :sifone:

As I said, I started hacking out the cabin floor. I used a 4" grinder with a cutting wheel on it and basically left a few inches everywhere so I could see how much room I had before I pushed up against the hull (thank you Rick! :D ). I don't know what I'm doing, but at least I'm not going to let my ignorance keep me from doing stuff! The plan is to cut out the floor, throw in a bulk head or two (but stick with bare stringers), get rid of all the mildew and repaint everything. I'm going to at least replace the deck hatch, but might seal it off and go with the smooth deck look like I'm doing on the 28. We'll see...

Sure,

Blame it on me:bigear:

I got 2 works for you Brutha............................

SIMPLE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack2:

Thats uglier than mine when I got it!!!

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
OK Sean, it's official, u aint scared of nutin!

Coming from the guy who basically built his own Pantera, I'll take that as a sincere compliment! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Sure,

Blame it on me:bigear:

I got 2 works for you Brutha............................

SIMPLE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack2:

Thats uglier than mine when I got it!!!

Nothing seems to want to touch that stuff in the cabin... Time for ye' olde pressure washer! :reddevil:

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
The struggle I have is that I need to say focused on one or the other... I'm trying to do some little stuff to keep this one servicable while I wait for my window to open so I can jump on the 28.

I'm rapidly approaching the point of no return and I'm getting close to the threshold where I'm going have to finish this one if I get much futher on it though...

insanity
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
A couple more pics. I left that section on the right there so that I'd have something to sit on, but it's basically also already cut out. I didn't have a respirator around so I was holding my shirt over my face with one hand and running the grinder with the other (in case you were wondering how loaded I was when I made those jagged cuts). But I figured it's all coming out anyhow, so I wasn't too worried about it.

I only started a small fire, well really more of a smoulder, with the cut off wheel (one spot where the wood was actually dry!) and had to punch the floor out (Human Wrecking Ball style!) before it all when up... :sifone:

I found a crescent wrench under the floor too!

OMG!!! Get a respirator, please get a respirator. Thirty bucks at lowes. That mold alone is reason enough not to be in there w/o one. I don't know if I could even get in that thing with all that mold all over everything!!! :ack2: Get some bleach while your at Lowes too!!! How did it get so skanked out???

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
OMG!!! Get a respirator, please get a respirator. Thirty bucks at lowes. That mold alone is reason enough not to be in there w/o one. I don't know if I could even get in that thing with all that mold all over everything!!! :ack2: Get some bleach while your at Lowes too!!! How did it get so skanked out???

Already purchased. I know, I know...

As the kids say, you're gonna die of something, right? :reddevil:

Mikeb4
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Nothing seems to want to touch that stuff in the cabin... Time for ye' olde pressure washer! :reddevil:

You got it buddy ..... on my old 21 Cig I used mold and mildew bathroom cleaner to soak in and then pressure washed the inside of the cabin ..... worked great. Needed a respirator just for the cleaner however ... along with goggles for when the water started to fly. :eek::puke:

Bobcat
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Just leave it uncovered, looks like you might get some rain

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM

We could use the rain!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=104490150066531762262.00045bbcbdc76f4432488&t=p&ll=34.261189,-118.214264&spn=0.17025,0.205994&z=11&source=embed

And I'm pretty sure you just aswered Insanity's question of how the boat ended up looking like this in the first place! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM

Besides, I don't think the heavy stuff is going to start coming down for a little while yet...

insanity
08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
So other than the cabin being bad, the boat is usable?

I'd like to find an old 24 myself that needs some work done and bring it back. Or even better a 28. Although I suppose I need to get the Baja I have now finished and put back together first...

tomcei
08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Besides, I don't think the heavy stuff is going to start coming down for a little while yet...

It would be great if it put the fires out for ya!

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 06:02 PM
So other than the cabin being bad, the boat is usable?

I'd like to find an old 24 myself that needs some work done and bring it back. Or even better a 28. Although I suppose I need to get the Baja I have now finished and put back together first...

Yah, runs good! I haven't had it out as much as I want to since I got it, but it's a cool little boat. It's a lot of little stuff and clean up mostly. It's 1977 so considering how it looks compared to your average 1977 boat, I'm not sweating it too much! :D

You have one boat apart and you're looking at picking up another project?! Damn dude! You'll fit right in with the rest of us Pantera guys! Ha ha ha.

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 06:03 PM
It would be great if it put the fires out for ya!

Yah, no worries for me personally, but I have a couple of buddies who live up close to the La Canada fires.

insanity
08-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Yah, runs good! I haven't had it out as much as I want to since I got it, but it's a cool little boat. It's a lot of little stuff and clean up mostly. It's 1977 so considering how it looks compared to your average 1977 boat, I'm not sweating it too much! :D

You have one boat apart and you're looking at picking up another project?! Damn dude! You'll fit right in with the rest of us Pantera guys! Ha ha ha.

What's life without projects? :sifone: Actually I should by a running one to use while the Baja is torn apart....

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
What's life without projects? :sifone: Actually I should by a running one to use while the Baja is torn apart....

That's what I plan on doing with the 24 while I work on the 28, then vice versa! :biggrinjester:

rchevelle71
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Bleach, Plywood, resin and glass are relatively cheap, Just DO IT!!

tomcei
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
I can't remember which thread is about which boat.:banghead:

Dude! Sweet!
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM

I have the same problem! Ha ha ha.

ar15meister
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM

Carl Spackler...lol.

DAREDEVIL
09-01-2009, 10:54 AM

Now u guys got me confused:confused::ack2:

Dude! Sweet!
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
OK... C-69 = 28

P-51 = 24

:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
OK... C-69 = 28

P-51 = 24

:sifone:

And which one gets the #4 ????:confused:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Guess... :biggrinjester:

Mikeb4
09-02-2009, 09:41 AM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39985&d=1251867814

S - I hate to tell you but your 28 is expressing dissatisfaction :huh: ..... looks like it is peeing on the street, also based on the color you should change it's diet :smilielol5: could be kidney stones .....

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
That's not wizz, I'd just given the old girl an enema! :D

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
:biggrinjester: "All hopped on Mt. Dew & about to go spider monkey"

I thought of this pic. as soon as I seen yours that but thought naaaaa.... Then Mike had to bring that up so I thought "there's my opportunity" haha..

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Your boat's younger than mine... that's why the stream is stronger and more consistent!

Shake n bake!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Best part is you just never know the direction these threads will take..

How long will it be untill we break off into an entire differant subject when somebody mentions the differance in strake position on the two boats..:huh:

Mikeb4
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I was just thinking this should be a new thread altogether ! :rofl:

Buoy
09-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Best part is you just never know the direction these threads will take..

How long will it be untill we break off into an entire differant subject when somebody mentions the differance in strake position on the two boats..:huh:

That's why us goofballs have so much fun in these threads.
It's so easy to get 100 miles off track, but very easy to also bring it back.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Sean I am waiting on the day you start a thread with a title along the lines of "Seriously guys this is about my Boat"

Btw: what does your photoshop tag say now ?? :biggrinjester:

DAREDEVIL
09-02-2009, 11:58 AM

The one with the outboards ??!!!:26::rofl::willy_nilly:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
My daughter's first day of kindergarten today... I live 3 houses down the street from the school and you can see my driveway from her class room window. First thing she says when she walks into class is "HEY! THERE'S MY BOAT!"

And yes, her teacher is SMOKING hot!!! YEEE-HAW!!! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
My youngest daughter started K-garden this year as well

DAREDEVIL
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
My daughter's first day of kindergarten today... I live 3 houses down the street from the school and you can see the my driveway from her class room window. First thing she says when she walks into class is "HEY! THERE'S MY BOAT!"

And yes, her teacher is SMOKING hot!!! YEEE-HAW!!! :sifone:

I don't have kids,,,but i will go there for the teacher ?! LOL:willy_nilly:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 03:07 PM
And people wonder why I live in southern California... :D

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Now my head is filled with the voice of David Lee Roth.. & yes folks I do understand that the Beach Boys did that 1st but I was child of the late 70's & 80's who's parents were children raised in the 50-60's so it makes for a wide range of musical randomness..

MikeyFIN
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
And people wonder why I live in southern California... :D

People wonder why I live here....

Well one can´t choose his parents.

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
People wonder why I live here....

Well one can´t choose his parents.

I hear that... Although I grew up on the southern shore of Lake Ontario, so in a sense I "voted with my fee" about 12 years ago! :26:

Bobcat
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I click on the Pantera section and Sean texts me from a bar.................eerie:willy_nilly:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I click on the Pantera section and Sean texts me from a bar.................eerie:willy_nilly:

Ok we've heard from Erie and Ontario, where's Michigan, Superior and Huron!?

(Can't believe my black berry is working right now!)

LittleDcsRodShop
09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok we've heard from Erie and Ontario, where's Michigan, Superior and Huron!?

(Can't believe my black berry is working right now!)

Here ya go Sean this is as close as I can get to the lakes from here & yes I am an idiot with to much idleness today !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DqPSF2fyo

Heading home & plan on working on getting my battery tiedowns ready to roll late this evening.. Oh is this the wrong thread for my updates ?

duunoit
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I was born in Traverse City (Lake Michigan) so that one should be covered...

Bobcat
09-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Here ya go Sean this is as close as I can get to the lakes from here & yes I am an idiot with to much idleness today !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DqPSF2fyo

Heading home & plan on working on getting my battery tiedowns ready to roll late this evening.. Oh is this the wrong thread for my updates ?

local performers Pete and Wayne do a cover of that, except it's called "The rectum of Ella Fitzgerald":sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
And the unforgettable "Sign at the Dairy Queen"... Blizzard at the very least... In the words of the Dairy Queen... :sifone:

tomcei
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
for pete's sake!!! i want to learn about hopped up boats and such. I already know about the golden showers:rofl:

Bobcat
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
And the unforgettable "Sign at the Dairy Queen"... Blizzard at the very least... In the words of the Dairy Queen... :sifone:

"you grab your spoons and go" ( or something close):sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Just redid some of the wiring on the trailer (changed to a seven pin plug so the reverse lockout worked) and I'm going to do bleachfest a little later, but off to pick up the Sea SixtyNine right now for a big workday tomorrow.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah !! Gotta love the long weekends when there is cool work to be done combined with an opportunity to do it.. :coolgleamA:

I'm going out to the garage now to do a little accesorizing for a couple hours..

MikeyFIN
09-06-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39985&d=1251867814

S - I hate to tell you but your 28 is expressing dissatisfaction :huh: ..... looks like it is peeing on the street, also based on the color you should change it's diet :smilielol5: could be kidney stones .....

So you should talk to the girl and say " Now look Honey...that´s not the kinda reply I wanted to see" In the Best Robert Duvall Imitiation...

Bobcat
09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
local performers Pete and Wayne do a cover of that, except it's called "The rectum of Ella Fitzgerald":sifone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDW5ksq5BU4

Dude! Sweet!
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
What bar is that? I've been in there before. I want to say it's on the right side of Duvall street as you're walking down towards the harbor, but it's been more than a decade since I've been to Key West...

Bobcat
09-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Sloppy Joe's!

Dude! Sweet!
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Sloppy Joe's!

Of course! Damn... was I close on my location?

Bobcat
09-09-2009, 07:28 PM
yes:)

Dude! Sweet!
09-09-2009, 09:46 PM
yes:)

At least I remember the important stuff! :sifone:

Buoy
09-11-2009, 01:58 AM
You're gonna need these to turn that boat into the open-bow to fit the family.

(I hope I didn't break the confidentiality bond by posting this.)
She's gonna be SAAAAAWWWEEEEEETTTTTT!
An open-bow 24!!!
The Bayliner Killer!!!
You'll be able to take on the wakeboard boats too!! Maybe even put on a roll cage, and have about 30 speakers mounted to it!!! I know a good stereo guy that is deaf, he can wire anything, and they all sound like chit!! But it won't matter, as long as you have a ton of speakers on the roll cage:26:

Sean, I'm sorry, but that is one of the funniest (and most sacrilegious) things I've heard in a long time.

I'm gonna cry the day I see the pictures of you actually cutting that deck out to make the open bow that your family wants.:lurk5:

Dude! Sweet!
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Dude! You can't just go pulling the rag off the bush like that!

What can I say, mid-cabin is the California way. Utility is key. I mean sh!t dude, what better way to see my pastie girls goin' skin-to-win than having them right there in front of me!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Get some sleep guys its way to early out there & its begining to show !!!

Dude! Sweet!
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Whaaaat?!

Dude! Sweet!
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
This is all Scotty's fault... All this Schiada talk has finally gotten to me (and that's Campbell in the previous post).

MikeyFIN
09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Dude! If you keep posting these pics I might put a saw into the deck of my Sleekcraft..(NOT).

Dude! Sweet!
09-13-2009, 12:18 AM
So did a little mildew abatement today. I still smell like the creature from the bleach lagoon! Also good thing my hair is already mostly white...

Anyhow, some before and after... Still a ways to go to get the underside of the deck clean and then onto the woodwork, but definately a positive step considering how rude it was under there! Enjoy!

Dude! Sweet!
09-13-2009, 01:22 AM
No love between my computer and the website tonight... Pics tomorrow and hopefully a 28 update as well.

Buoy
09-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Whaaaat?!

How many beers and how many gallons of bleach were involved in the process??
I'm looking for a ratio here.
If I were Nick (Cigdaze), I might also request a time frame, and then I could calculate this all into an efficiency module, and then I could be me, and work out a cost reduction and further six-sigma this project, and then Five-S the work area...:rofl:

(Nick, not cracking on ya bud, just making fun of myself and also using you as an example... This efficiency and calculation stuff gets ingrained. I can only take it to a certain level. But, as you know, I ain't no rocket scientist).:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I stopped counting beers in jr high... Now, I have two options. "Some beer" and "need more beer". :D

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
OK so, let's try this again...

Before:

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
After:

(Extra points if you can guess where the bed sheet came from.)

duunoit
09-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Man, that looks good.

I'm pretty sure the sheet didn't come from Miami via TN...

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Man, that looks good.

I'm pretty sure the sheet didn't come from Miami via TN...

Thanks man! Nope, that one was yellow and soaked with bilge water!

Dude! Sweet!
12-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Wow, haven't talked about this old girl in a while huh? Don't want you guys to think it's getting neglected...

thedonz
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Tell her daddy says hi

LittleDcsRodShop
12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
That cabin entry hatch looked a bit differant on the ole 1.5" screen..;)

Gotta love the sawzall !! Who ever said a dog is mans best friend apparantly never had either of the two..

Buoy
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
That cabin entry hatch looked a bit differant on the ole 1.5" screen..;)

Gotta love the sawzall !! Who ever said a dog is mans best friend apparantly never had either of the two..

I thought the same thing about the Sawzall.
Best tool ever invented.:)

Dude! Sweet!
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM
This weekend, I finished the tune up (water pump kits, gear case oil change, plugs, etc.) Last weekend, I also replaced the trim pump motor that failed. Took it out yesterday for a nice little cruise and then spent the afternoon giving it a good cleaning.

Of course, all you guys who know me know this was coming, but I've decided to put the 24 up for sale. Two boats is just too much for me to deal with. Too much time, storage and maintenance now that my kids are both in sports and we're trying to do the ski race deal. Besides, I've had it almost a year! :sifone:

So the plan it to sell this one as what I'll call a running project. Obviously there's a number of "upgrade and fix" type things that the boat needs, but nothing that should keep someone from using the boat while they're doing it.

Alternatively, if it speeds up the sale, I'd probably be willing to part it out.

Anyhow, tell your friends! I'm going to see if the classified section still has a freebie deal and then I'll probably throw it up there, on scream n fly and some local sites tonight.

Mange
03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Of course, all you guys who know me know this was coming, but I've decided to put the 24 up for sale. .

:iagree: :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Here's a picture for Mike not on the water, but near the water... :sifone:

Premier Perf
03-23-2010, 01:22 PM
:cheers2::sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Here we go. Tell your friends! :D

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=870

Mange
03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Would be great as an LB raceboat here in one of our o/b classes.
To shame your are located i CA. Otherwise I would take it :sifone:

Boat looks great and good luck with selling, somebody going to have a
great boat :)

//Mange

Dude! Sweet!
03-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Would be great as an LB raceboat here in one of our o/b classes.
To shame your are located i CA. Otherwise I would take it :sifone:

Boat looks great and good luck with selling, somebody going to have a
great boat :)

//Mange

We do have a large sea port about 10 miles from my house in Long Beach. :sifone:

I'm sure the old girl would be happy for a ride through the Gulf of Mexico after all the work she probably did over there! :cheers2:

duunoit
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
That boat's made one cross country trip already. I'm sure for the right money it could do it again...

Dude! Sweet!
03-30-2010, 12:21 PM
That boat's made one cross country trip already. I'm sure for the right money it could do it again...

Yup, for sure. And if anyone's seriously thinking about it, I would be willing to give a Family discount for current and past Pantera owners (which would probably soften the blow on hauling it cross country again).

LittleDcsRodShop
03-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, there you go it needs to come back east.. I have no doubt there are a few of us here that could arrange some good reliable "creative coast to coast shipping methods" ;)

In all seriousness I have no doubt that if somebody east is interested enuff that it couldn't be done again..

Thats allot of boat for the $$ !!!

dba900
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Any idea what it would cost to get it to Mass? How fast is it as set up now and what work, if any, does it need to be "splashable"?

duunoit
04-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow. It would be 3/4 of the way to the 4corners of the US if it went up there...

Dude! Sweet!
04-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Any idea what it would cost to get it to Mass? How fast is it as set up now and what work, if any, does it need to be "splashable"?

Hey, I don't know how much, but could certainly ask around. I think Barb Nunez charged me around 2,500 to bring my old 24 out here from Lake George NY and I think it cost me around $1,500 to go to TN and back with gas and expenses to pick up my 28.

I had it in the water and running around last Sunday. I don't think it needs anything to be useable, just clean up and cosmetic stuff. I haven't made a lot more progess with the cabin project. Everything was cleaned up, but haven't finished cutting the remaining wood becuase I couldn't decide whether to do the race boat look with bare stringers painted or to put another floor in. Adding that I have no clue how fast it is. I don't have a hand held gps and I've only had it out about 4 times. I'd guess around sixty since it feels similar speedwise to my old big block boat (Bouy's boat) that ran 63 on GPS (as I recall).

Feel free to shoot me a phone call or an email. I'd really like to move the boat so I'm willing to be flexible on price/shipping to help someone out.

Dude! Sweet!
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Whacked out the rest of the old cabin floor today. Damn I'm itchy! Basically just needs to be ground flat where the old lip was, mudded up a bit and painted. Or, have a new floor glassed in. It's interesting all the cracking in those photos was the glass work that was put on top of the original glass when the boat was converted to pleasure use. I pulled a bunch of that up, and there's the old school battleship Pantera weave laying underneath. Some of it an interesting orangy color, although I'm not going to make any sort of speculation on that.

Dude! Sweet!
04-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd mentioned that I'm fighting the battle of the bilge pumps too... I'm sure I've got a pair of dead floating switches but haven't gotten around to change them yet. I also have this weird deal where my two position dash switches light up when I switch them on, but when I complete the circuit, the test light doesn't light and the light on the switches go out. If I switch the switches off and back on they light up again until I complete the curcuit. No power to the back though.

I should disclose that I have a long and checkered history with vehicular electrics dating back to the time I tried to chase a short in the dash of my '69 Triumph GT6+ and found that the ENTIRE harness had been wired with green wire. Not painted, but all green wiring... Ah good old english labor unrest...

Anyhow, I do currently have it rigged up so that I can plug in a couple of blade type connectors from the battery to the power on the pumps and get them to run if I need it, plus I've got a pretty boss hand pump from West Marine...

Remember this? I used some starbrite mildew stain remover today. Just sprayed it on and hosed it off. this is what I got. Imagine what it would look like if I put any effort into cleaning it! :sifone:

Reading back through this thread... Some VERY funny stuff in here!

duunoit
04-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Simple Green just wasn't up to the task when I tried to clean it.

Dude! Sweet!
04-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Simple Green just wasn't up to the task when I tried to clean it.

Yup. Same here. Even the bleach solution I used in the cabin was a ton of elbow great. That Starbrite stuff was just spray on and hose off. I was blown away.

duunoit
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Bet you wish you had tried it on the cabin...

Dude! Sweet!
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Bet you wish you had tried it on the cabin...

You know it bud! :sifone:

I'm getting a lot of interest from people wanting to buy the motors (mostly to stick on fishing boats in Mexico, apparently). Problem is I'm too busy to take them off the boat right now and hadn't felt like paying someone to do it. So, here's what i'm going to do. I'm going to drop my price to $7,500 for one week (4/12 - 4/18) for you guys and your buddies to see if I can move the whole boat. That price does not include any shipping or delivery. It's my "zero-pain-in-my-ass" price. If not, then I'm going to go back up to my current ask and follow up on some of these guys who want to buy the motors.

How's that? :sifone:

rchevelle71
04-12-2010, 11:09 AM

I'm getting a lot of interest from people wanting to buy the motors (mostly to stick on fishing boats in Mexico, apparently). Problem is I'm too busy to take them off the boat right now and hadn't felt like paying someone to do it. So, here's what i'm going to do. I'm going to drop my price to $7,500 for one week (4/12 - 4/18) for you guys and your buddies to see if I can move the whole boat. That price does not include any shipping or delivery. It's my "zero-pain-in-my-ass" price. If not, then I'm going to go back up to my current ask and follow up on some of these guys who want to buy the motors.

:eek::eek:The motors, and trailer are worth more than that:eek::eek:

Dude! Sweet!
04-12-2010, 11:32 AM
I know bud. But seems like nobody's got any money so I thought I'd make it easy for someone to have a reason to step up and buy it. I've got a standing offer for $6,500 for the motors to go to Mexico. I'm sure that they guy will try to fist me down a bit when he shows up, but still that's basically a boat and trailer for $1,500. (Just to clarify, that's if you pay $6k, for the motors and buy it all together this week. If I sell the motors, I'm going to ask more than $1,500 for the boat and trailer.)

duunoit
04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
For $1500 for the hull and trailer I could probably talk brittany into letting me buy it back :D

Dude! Sweet!
04-12-2010, 11:38 AM
She'd kill us both!

Dude! Sweet!
04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone want to make a small wager on whether it sells? :sifone: I'm a bit of a pessimist, but my gut tells me that the motors will be on their way to mexico this weekend. :D

Dude! Sweet!
04-16-2010, 12:54 PM

Offer rescinded! Motors are sold and going to Mexico as of 8:30 AM this morning. See the classifieds for new price on fully rigged hull and trailer.

tomcei
04-16-2010, 08:50 PM
congrats!!

Dude! Sweet!
04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks Tom. More focus on the 28 and the other toys!

Mikeb4
04-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Offer rescinded! Motors are sold and going to Mexico as of 8:30 AM this morning. See the classifieds for new price on fully rigged hull and trailer.

¡Enhorabuena en la venta al Sean! de México, ahora terminar el barco y carrera grandes! :cheers2: :driving: :lurk5:

Dude! Sweet!
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
¡Enhorabuena en la venta al Sean! de México, ahora terminar el barco y carrera grandes! :cheers2: :driving: :lurk5:

Gracias Miguel! Soy halbo espanol solemente poquito... (I've been told, that I speak like a caveman) :sifone:

MiamiOffshore
04-19-2010, 06:11 PM
:lurk5:

rchevelle71
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
:lurk5:

UMM, do tell Angel, whats up with the Popcorn??

no limits
04-20-2010, 10:20 PM
UMM, do tell Angel, whats up with the Popcorn??

Do you think Angel got it? If so, this is a crazy Pantera circle!

Buoy
04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Do you think Angel got it? If so, this is a crazy Pantera circle!

In some odd way, would it make us all like in-breeds?

no limits
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM

I would have to agree...I'm not proud.:eek:

no limits
04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Okay, help me out. We got Buoy and Dude Sweet out west. We got Angel and rchevelle71 south. We have myself, opa, and Duunoit somewhat Central. We got Ironman, Stormrider, and T-mone northeast. Not to leave anyone out, but why don't we have a Pantera regatta (so to speak) every year or every other? I, of course, think the first year should be at LOTO.:) With Pepe and Jo present. Can this happen? Sorry to rob thread. Nick.

Buoy
04-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Okay, help me out. We got Buoy and Dude Sweet out west. We got Angel and rchevelle71 south. We have myself, opa, and Duunoit somewhat Central. We got Ironman, Stormrider, and T-mone northeast. Not to leave anyone out, but why don't we have a Pantera regatta (so to speak) every year or every other? I, of course, think the first year should be at LOTO.:) With Pepe and Jo present. Can this happen? Sorry to rob thread. Nick.

The problem is that most of us are currently in "project" stage with our boats...
Some of us without a finish date on the schedule.
But, if you want to sponsor your boat, and you can fit the dozen of us (or whatever it is), I'm sure we'll be there Nick.
We'll even bring a twelve pack and $10 for gas.
Can't wait!!!!:)

Seriously though, it's a good idea. Or maybe a winter get together in Vegas?

MiamiOffshore
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Hey this is a pic from the last Pantera get together....:sifone:

Buoy
04-20-2010, 11:52 PM

you could have at least let me clean the mud off my face from back there before the pic was taken...:)

Dude! Sweet!
04-21-2010, 12:45 AM

That's awesome. You can't tell me that there weren't one or two current or former Pantera owners that didn't immediately pop into your head when you saw that picture!

MiamiOffshore
04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Oh yea!!! hahaha

rchevelle71
04-21-2010, 07:33 AM

Come on Angel,

I may be a skinny redneck, but I still gots all my teeths:eek:

Dude! Sweet!
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Come on Angel,

I may be a skinny redneck, but I still gots all my teeths:eek:

Damn Rick, there's one I wouldn't have figured. For some reason, I always figured you looked like Serroff.

rchevelle71
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Damn Rick, there's one I wouldn't have figured. For some reason, I always figured you looked like Serroff.

Do you mean Goldberg:eek:

I like to eat, but it hasnt caught up with me yet, plus I still have most of my hair:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Do you mean Goldberg:eek:

I like to eat, but it hasnt caught up with me yet, plus I still have most of my hair:sifone:

That's the guy. I don't know why I had that picture of you in my head, but there ya go!

no limits
04-21-2010, 10:39 PM
The problem is that most of us are currently in "project" stage with our boats...
Some of us without a finish date on the schedule.
But, if you want to sponsor your boat, and you can fit the dozen of us (or whatever it is), I'm sure we'll be there Nick.
We'll even bring a twelve pack and $10 for gas.
Can't wait!!!!:)

Seriously though, it's a good idea. Or maybe a winter get together in Vegas?

Man...sorry I opened my mouth.

no limits
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM

wow...that's nice.

rchevelle71
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
OK, sooooo...............

I hear the 24 is coming back to Miami???

Premier Perf
04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
:driving: .....hopefully next weekend

DAREDEVIL
04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
mmmmhhhhhh ... ???? LOL