PDA

View Full Version : Accident Report from P1 Endurance Race

dmartiniup
08-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Report from the Endurance Race Accident: (approx. 4:15 PM)

In lap 10 of the Evolution race, near the Southwest end of the course, the LUCAS OIL Outerlimits boat was passing through the gate when it spun out of control and barrel rolled. The race was red-flagged as SNAV OSG was crossing the start/finish line. Both Joe Sgro and Nigel Hook were taken from the boat by rescue divers and transported to ambulances waiting at the Sea Rescue dock. Both pilots were talking and cognizant and were taken to the Sahlgrenska Hospital in Gothenburg for observation. Doctors on the scene were speaking with both men and believed they were “fine.”

When asked if he felt hurt, Joe Sgro replied, “My feelings are hurt!”

The race was re-started in the order of completion, start lap plus 6 laps, race completion time was to be by 16:45, as soon as a commercial ferry cleared the course. FURNIBO was leading by approximately 1:14 seconds, a lap ahead of SILVERLINE.

DAREDEVIL
08-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the post. Tell Joe and Nigel i said hi. And thank god they are ok !!!!

Expensive Date
08-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Glad they are OK

Racewater
08-09-2009, 08:27 PM
They were taken to the hospital for observation and spent most of the evening there.
The Outerlimits canopy and cockpit configuration have certainly proved how well designed they are for safety!
Janet

SHARKEY-IMAGES
08-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Janet,
I am so sorry to have to read about the crash. :(

Glad all are ok.

Typical of Joe with a response like that.... :)

Hope everything is ok. Keep a close on eye on them the next 48 to 72 hours.

I am sure you will.

Give my best to them both.

shifter
08-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Here is a link to the crash, glad they are ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIIYmYga6s

pat W

Ratickle
08-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the update, and the link.

Glad they are good.

How fast do you think they were going there? Looked pretty quick.