PDA

View Full Version : Qatar pulls teams from Class 1

Sean H
08-09-2009, 01:00 PM
the saga continues in Class 1....

Spirit of Qatar has pulled out of the Class 1 championship until they are assured that all rules will be implemented and enforced... should be interesting.

ThrottleUp Props
08-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Heard about this. Maybe they will just come down to Key West. They can run against the US Super Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean H
08-09-2009, 02:16 PM
that would give the 750 guys something to really complain about!

ThrottleUp Props
08-09-2009, 03:35 PM
that would give the 750 guys something to really complain about!

... or brag about.

DAREDEVIL
08-09-2009, 03:37 PM
NO mater what,,,but that would be great !!!!!!!!!!

Sean H
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
... or brag about.

they have to get around a 850 boat before they have to worry about that! :sifone:

ThrottleUp Props
08-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Win, lose, or draw I'm sure all the Supercat teams would be excited to race with them!

If they do show we might just need to break out the gold props!

Sean H
08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
It would be cool to see one run here, don't think a supercat would keep up, but it would be entertaining.

Better get the invite out to them, it takes time to get all that stuff shipped, KW isn't all that far away anymore.

ThrottleUp Props
08-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Calls made!

Julie

Scotty B
08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank God all the political BS is over here and not in class 1

Ratickle
08-13-2009, 02:58 PM

:rofl: :willy_nilly: :rofl: :willy_nilly: :rofl: :lurk5:

DAREDEVIL
08-13-2009, 03:21 PM

lol:willy_nilly:

skaterdave
08-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Calls made!

Julie

julie please, i'm wondering how that phone call went?

ThrottleUp Props
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Did not make it myself....simply made a call to concerning parties. Sorry, I don't have any more info.....I really wish I had an update myself. Maybe Ned has some info he could share with us.

Julie

shifter
08-15-2009, 03:41 AM
RULES MUST BE IMPLEMENTED AND ENFORCED
Thursday, 6 August: Spirit of Qatar Team Principal, HE Sheikh Hassan Bin Jabor Al-Thani is not ruling out a return to racing, but insists that the rules must be implemented and enforced. "The decision for pulling the team out of the 2009 Championship was not based on the bad start on Sunday, 19 July in the Norwegian Grand Prix. The decision was made because of the very consistency of that team in breaking the rules and not respecting the comments made during the drivers briefing," said Sheikh Hassan. "It was made clear to all drivers that aerial footage as well as onboard camera footage from the start boat would be available to govern the start.

"Disregarding all of these comments, and looking at their past history, it has always been the same, as the judges had closed their eyes to what happened, and waiting for a protest from a team to look at it.

"All of this is documented from 2006 onwards. Victory Team had been messing with the start and nothing has been made about it. The Judges had only penalised Qatar team on the spot in Spain, and forced the team to do the long lap, but I don't know why the judges can not do the same with Victory Team.

"The only reason for the team to pull out is because the WPPA has not been implementing the rules, and we will only come back if the rules are being implemented and enforced."

WPPAUIMIOTAABRAFIAFOTASBIAPBAOSSOPALLCUSACCARTIMSAACONASCAR = SNAFU

pat W

XtremeRacing
08-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Julie,
The wheel are in motion as I get some more info. I'll give u a call.

RACESDAD
08-22-2009, 10:35 AM
not much different from over here

skaterdave
08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
i was being sarcastic when i posted earlier. guess you guys did't catch that.

first off C1 only has one class with about 12 teams, so even if qatar sits out they still would have way better racing than what were stuck with over here.

second i really would still like to hear that conversation, maybe something like this:

yea guys why don't you come over here to the US and that way you can race in a class by yourself and then will crown you world champs.

sean, as for the 750's having to get around the 850's, we both know that most likely if any of the C1 teams showed up to race they spanked EVERYONE here in the us. other than the turbines maybe in a straight line. add a course with a bunch of turns and we would be back to everyone. shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

asking those guys to come over here is like asking tony stewart to race a gokart you just bought from nothern tool and to do some laps in the parking lot???

honestly, we should learning from those guys, instead we've got 17 boats in 11 classes and only one class with 3 boats in it. go figure!!! but hea, thats a 50/50 chance for a checkered flag. can't wait to see how this is turned into racing on CBS?

Offshore Ginger
08-22-2009, 05:18 PM
the saga continues in Class 1....

Spirit of Qatar has pulled out of the Class 1 championship until they are assured that all rules will be implemented and enforced... should be interesting. You are so very right and how long will the saga go on , or bull$hit ?

Offshore Ginger
08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Did not make it myself....simply made a call to concerning parties. Sorry, I don't have any more info.....I really wish I had an update myself. Maybe Ned has some info he could share with us.

Julie Come on Julie you should be on top of this .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::willy_nilly:

MarylandMark
08-22-2009, 05:23 PM
asking those guys to come over here is like asking tony stewart to race a gokart you just bought from nothern tool and to do some laps in the parking lot???

I've been trying not to clutter serious (no pun intended really) threads but this is funny. Your whole post kind of sums up over there vs over here IMHO

Ratickle
08-22-2009, 05:39 PM

first off C1 only has one class with about 12 teams, so even if qatar sits out they still would have way better racing than what were stuck with over here.

second i really would still like to hear that conversation, maybe something like this:

yea guys why don't you come over here to the US and that way you can race in a class by yourself and then will crown you world champs.

sean, as for the 750's having to get around the 850's, we both know that most likely if any of the C1 teams showed up to race they spanked EVERYONE here in the us. other than the turbines maybe in a straight line. add a course with a bunch of turns and we would be back to everyone. shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

honestly, we should learning from those guys, instead we've got 17 boats in 11 classes and only one class with 3 boats in it. go figure!!! but hea, thats a 50/50 chance for a checkered flag. can't wait to see how this is turned into racing on CBS?

Oh, I think they'll come over one of these days in the not way distant future.

And at the St Clair race there were I believe 39 boats, 44 starts, 3 races, and every race had at least 14 boats.

And we are trying to learn, and your post is kinda funny, and sad, all at the same time.

DAREDEVIL
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh, I think they'll come over one of these days in the not way distant future.

And at the St Clair race there were I believe 39 boats, 44 starts, 3 races, and every race had at least 14 boats.

And we are trying to learn, and your post is kinda funny, and sad, all at the same time.

His posts are always sad,,,not so much funny,,since all he knows is how to bash everything ,,he really does not do anything to help something !!!!!!!!!:ack2:

He is getting boring,,,and i did think for a wile he is a cool guy,,,,,:boxing_smiley:

Ratickle
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
His statement was kinda factually correct though. Even if it did come off as bashing.

I do think there were 17 boats, 13 classes though.

DAREDEVIL
08-22-2009, 07:32 PM
His statement was kinda factually correct though. Even if it did come off as bashing.

I do think there were 17 boats, 13 classes though.

See,,,,itcould have been 18 bots if he would bring his and stop talking about what could be done ...get my point??!!

HE HAS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING ON HAND TO EVEN TALK ABOUT RACING SINCE HE IS ONLY TALKING ,,,NOT EVEN TRYING .:lurk5:

XtremeRacing
08-22-2009, 08:33 PM

Dave,
First of all the conversation that r going on is with 5 teams not one team, so as always u r un informed. Just so u know they contacted people here (In US) people here didnt reach out to them, so it seems like its something they have thought about and something they might want to do.

If you are interested i can see if i can get u on the conferance call Tues and you can tell them yourself what a bad idea it is for them to race in the US , and how u would do it different. I think all your support for them thinking about making the jump over the pond and spending their time and money would impress them. Just do us all a favor and let them know that your views are just yours and not teams in the US that are actually racers.

XtremeRacing
08-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Dave,
Just an FYI witch i'm sure a guy in the know like you would know alreay Qatar is a 3 boat Team, so much for your 1 boat class but I'm sure you knew that.

Ratickle
08-22-2009, 10:05 PM
I'd love to see them come over. Even a couple, (or a 3 boat team), as a demonstration would be sweet. Never give up, never.

Ratickle
08-22-2009, 10:07 PM
See,,,,itcould have been 18 bots if he would bring his and stop talking about what could be done ...get my point??!!

That's kinda funny. Think you guys said that same type of thing to me more than once.....:sifone:

XtremeRacing
08-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd love to see them come over. Even a couple, (or a 3 boat team), as a demonstration would be sweet. Never give up, never.

I agree what ever boat we can get to Race in the US would be a great start.

skaterdave
08-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Dave,
Just an FYI witch i'm sure a guy in the know like you would know alreay Qatar is a 3 boat Team, so much for your 1 boat class but I'm sure you knew that.

my email is dgkon@hotmail.com

you can email the info for the call. and for your info qatar has 4 C1 boats and runs a 2 boat team last i checked. they also run a x-cat team also. i sure you've seen the videos of x-cat, you know 20 plus boats, agian all in the same class racing for 1 CHECKERED FLAG.

as for my views vs the actual racers, agian your kidding right. i'll point out one more fact while i'm at it. offshore racing in the US is a RECRATIONAL sport. meaning that, while there is a few that do race as a full tiime job ( only 3 that i can name) most everyone else is putting money out of there pocket and doing it for basically fun and bragging rights. this is no different than someone that races a dirt bike in the woods or a souped up vette at sebring. maybe i'm wrong, why don't you tell us your story of all the money you make racing offshore and how your a REAL RACER? compared someone like me.

honestly i would love to see them here. i just don't see how coming over here would benefit them in any way? other than for demo or a PR stunt. you imply that we have something to offer them, such as quaility racing. thats what i find so funny

scott, thought you sold your stuff and quit?? how came you didn't have your boat up there supporting the cbs/sbi.

XtremeRacing
08-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Dave,

Maybe its Recrational to you, but I get paid to race so I guess I'm one of the lucky one's we have a Advertiser , and signed a 2 yr deal.

Sorry you dont think we have quailty racing in the US, but again i guess thats your negative out look. You tell me whats so bad: Great races site solid 8, set schedule, best medical in the business, KW worlds and NET WORK TV ...hmmmmmmmmmmm
You want to hang your hat on boat count beleive me the show will go on and the boats will come.

skaterdave
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
getting paid a few bucks by a sponsor that offsets you costs to race and doing for a living is two totally different things. are you saying that all you do is race that boat full time and that its your one and only job? if so then i'm wrong and i apologize, that makes four people i can count that do this as a PROFESSION or career.

next you'll try to link the amount of spectators to quality of the racing?? and agina this is what makes me laugh. you say i'm negative and then jump on people's **** when they post a comment that in thier opion the racing wasn't good. you guys quickly point at how many "fans" came out to watch, such as mich city. 99% of the spectators could care less, their there to drink beer and check out girls? i thinks thats fine, but when you post, on an open public furom, be prepared to face some real questions about the quality of the racing. if not, you need to pay carbonell more $$$ make sure he puts your racing accompolishment on sbi's front page, and therefore you wouldn't have to face the facts. honestly i have nothing aginast the racers. just that a few of you sbi'ers threw the tv deal in everyone's face and it's got you where? and then you wanna say that i "hang my hat on boat count". well yea. heres mich city. then go look at st clair and patchgue. hmmm no tv and just a bunch of grass-roots guys?? hopefully someone from CBS learns how to count and takes another look at who their backing!!!

PANASONIC
Presents
SUPER BOAT GREAT LAKES GRAND PRIX
August 9, 2009
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 5:
1st PlaceP5-71 Don’t Blink
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 4:
1st Place P4-01 Simmons Racing
2nd Place P4-22 Crazy Chicken
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 2:
1st Place P2-22 TKO
2nd Place P2-47 Global Warmer
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 1:
1st Place P1-11 Rock Star
SUPERBOAT STOCK:
1st Place P2-22 TKO
2nd Place S-111 OPA Food & Spirits
SUPER CAT:
1st Place 2 Lucas Oil Peppers
TURBINE:
1st Place 10 Aqua Mania G3
2nd Place 113 Miss Geico
SUPERBOAT 850:
1st Place 5 WHM Motorsports
SUPERBOAT VEE UNLIMITED:
1st Place V-01 Seminole Hard Rock
2nd Place 47 Global Warmer
3rd Place 11 Rock Star
SUPERBOAT VEE EXTREME:
1st Place 76 Panasonic
SUPERBOAT UNLIMITED:
1st Place 3 CMS

DAREDEVIL
08-23-2009, 09:53 PM
getting paid a few bucks by a sponsor that offsets you costs to race and doing for a living is two totally different things. are you saying that all you do is race that boat full time and that its your one and only job? if so then i'm wrong and i apologize, that makes four people i can count that do this as a PROFESSION or career.

next you'll try to link the amount of spectators to quality of the racing?? and agina this is what makes me laugh. you say i'm negative and then jump on people's **** when they post a comment that in thier opion the racing wasn't good. you guys quickly point at how many "fans" came out to watch, such as mich city. 99% of the spectators could care less, their there to drink beer and check out girls? i thinks thats fine, but when you post, on an open public furom, be prepared to face some real questions about the quality of the racing. if not, you need to pay carbonell more $$$ make sure he puts your racing accompolishment on sbi's front page, and therefore you wouldn't have to face the facts. honestly i have nothing aginast the racers. just that a few of you sbi'ers threw the tv deal in everyone's face and it's got you where? and then you wanna say that i "hang my hat on boat count". well yea. heres mich city. then go look at st clair and patchgue. hmmm no tv and just a bunch of grass-roots guys?? hopefully someone from CBS learns how to count and takes another look at who their backing!!!

PANASONIC
Presents
SUPER BOAT GREAT LAKES GRAND PRIX
August 9, 2009
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 5:
1st PlaceP5-71 Don’t Blink
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 4:
1st Place P4-01 Simmons Racing
2nd Place P4-22 Crazy Chicken
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 2:
1st Place P2-22 TKO
2nd Place P2-47 Global Warmer
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION 1:
1st Place P1-11 Rock Star
SUPERBOAT STOCK:
1st Place P2-22 TKO
2nd Place S-111 OPA Food & Spirits
SUPER CAT:
1st Place 2 Lucas Oil Peppers
TURBINE:
1st Place 10 Aqua Mania G3
2nd Place 113 Miss Geico
SUPERBOAT 850:
1st Place 5 WHM Motorsports
SUPERBOAT VEE UNLIMITED:
1st Place V-01 Seminole Hard Rock
2nd Place 47 Global Warmer
3rd Place 11 Rock Star
SUPERBOAT VEE EXTREME:
1st Place 76 Panasonic
SUPERBOAT UNLIMITED:
1st Place 3 CMS

I hate to tell u Dave,,but the TV did not even brodcast yet,,,why don't u just wait before u make coments or ask like ,,where did it get u ????
Also ,,why is the boatcount bigger in OPA,,,,becasue its free to race,,even cheaper then go pleasure boating on a sat, if u are in the first 5 that finish,,,THATS WHY.
Sponsor wide ,,yeah,,great and cheap ,,,but u need to wait untill u see the bigger picture !!!
We all work to make a living,,ok most of us.LOL
The 3 you are rev. to are Scott B., Marc G. and the other one i don't know.
But they started all in SBI and where lucky that a friend that has unlimited ( or close ) $$$$ started a race team and needed som guys he trusted to run the boat.
Yea,,,my dream aswell,,,i never will get there,
But if i can race with TV for free thru a sponsor deal and paymy upkeep + everything else ,,i am happy.
Then with time the sponsorship will grow tru the TV deal (hopefully,thats the plan.) and it will become a full time job,,u add boatshows ,,marketing and some other stuff in there ,,,and your all set.
But with a negative thinking person like you,,sorry,,it will never happen .
Because potential sponsors read your posts aswell ,even on SOS !!!
That is what makes u unprofesional in my book.
U have nothing better to do then pointing out all negative. I feel sorry for u if thats how u had to grow up.
Also,,not to bash anybody ,,but what did OSS do last year and the year before,,they all slandered SBI and JC ideas,,,,where are they ?????
I wish everybody the best and hope all willturn out fine for allof them ,,but i think "U" need to stop with your negative coments and just sit back and watch the show.
In a year maybe 2 from now u can come out and say ,,,well i told u so , or sorry u where right ,,,but not every day over and over ,,the same damn thing.
Its getting bored dude.:ack2:

F1-00 Racing
08-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I hate to tell u Dave,,but the TV did not even brodcast yet,,,why don't u just wait before u make coments or ask like ,,where did it get u ????
Also ,,why is the boatcount bigger in OPA,,,,becasue its free to race,,even cheaper then go pleasure boating on a sat, if u are in the first 5 that finish,,,THATS WHY.
Sponsor wide ,,yeah,,great and cheap ,,,but u need to wait untill u see the bigger picture !!!
We all work to make a living,,ok most of us.LOL
The 3 you are rev. to are Scott B., Marc G. and the other one i don't know.
But they started all in SBI and where lucky that a friend that has unlimited ( or close ) $$$$ started a race team and needed som guys he trusted to run the boat.
Yea,,,my dream aswell,,,i never will get there,
But if i can race with TV for free thru a sponsor deal and paymy upkeep + everything else ,,i am happy.
Then with time the sponsorship will grow tru the TV deal (hopefully,thats the plan.) and it will become a full time job,,u add boatshows ,,marketing and some other stuff in there ,,,and your all set.
But with a negative thinking person like you,,sorry,,it will never happen .
Because potential sponsors read your posts aswell ,even on SOS !!!
That is what makes u unprofesional in my book.
U have nothing better to do then pointing out all negative. I feel sorry for u if thats how u had to grow up.
Also,,not to bash anybody ,,but what did OSS do last year and the year before,,they all slandered SBI and JC ideas,,,,where are they ?????
I wish everybody the best and hope all willturn out fine for allof them ,,but i think "U" need to stop with your negative coments and just sit back and watch the show.
In a year maybe 2 from now u can come out and say ,,,well i told u so , or sorry u where right ,,,but not every day over and over ,,the same damn thing.
Its getting bored dude.:ack2:

I've sat here and watched your posts for quite some time and 99% of the time I must admit, as I have told you directly, I really wish you wouldnt have posted. This post however falls into the 1% however and I must compliment you for it. Nicely put.

Some advice for you and Frank, Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. Look at who you are trying to reason with..... Quick described him in one word and nailed it on the head. Dont waste your breath or time with this guy, its not like he has done or is doing anything to better this sport that we love and have a passion for. No matter what you guys say, he will keep coming back with something to contradict anything that you say. If you told him the sky is blue and grass is green, he will tell you that your wrong. Hes perfect and he will remind everyone of it, so if you dont respond to his BS then he might just go away..... Everyone has seen thru him and knows what hes all about, you guys have better things to do with your time

skaterdave
08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
If you told him the sky is blue and grass is green, he will tell you that your wrong. Hes perfect and he will remind everyone of it, so if you dont respond to his BS then he might just go away..... Everyone has seen thru him and knows what hes all about

yea don't bother responding, i'm all about watching boat racing. and last i checked the sky was blue and the grass was green and 2 boats in a class doesn't make for good racing!!!

and yes you guys have plenty of better things to be doing like figuring out how to get more boats in less classes. and until that happens you really shouldn't bust on other orgs that have figured this out!!!!! but hea i'm just a dickhead.

scott weren't you just bashing oss for teaming up with opa??

XtremeRacing
08-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Trent I have to admit you r rigt Lol

DAREDEVIL
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=skaterdave;302885] but hea i'm just a dickhead.

Dave ,first sentens u posted here ,,IS AND WAS YOUR BEST ALL TIMES !!!!!

rest of your post is not worth it .

skaterdave
08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
yep scott, now that you guys seem to be done personally attacking me, maybe you guys could work on the actual racing.

first off, take off the horse blinders and look at the actually racing. if you truely think things are heading in the right direction then theres no need for further discussion.

the sad part is, yes while the CBS tv deal might be bring some light to offshore racing, its done nothing to bring boats to sbi. so one must ask what should we do to try to unite all the racers. and agian nothings been done. the few that have benefitted don't seem to worried about the actual racing and these are the one with the power to do something.

you would think that sbi might lower the entry costs, or do something, anything!!! especailly since they are bringing in more $$$$ with the TV and sponsor deal?

scott your idea - 2 yr plan of mass sponsorship, makes sense but honestly who would sponsor a boat team that finishes less than half the races?? maybe a outdoor furniture company? you could promote their chairs. that way you have nice comfy chairs to sit in under a tent while others are racing.
waiting two yrs and thinking that the racing will fix itself isn't the answer. you guys need to wake up, address the problems and come up with a solution before its too late. and so far i've seen nothing even remotely looks like an attempt to actaully better the sport.

trnat, frank scoot, the sad fact is you'll just bash me and call me negative, put on the blinders and in 2 yrs you'll still be here trying to convince some other member not to question or post negative things about the lame racing.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly: