PDA

View Full Version : SC RedHot vs. Island Racer Saturday afternoon??

NJgr8ful
08-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone see 41' SC RedHot running with 41' Island Racer this past Saturday thru the Margate inlet and around to Lucy?? :driving::hurray:

Indian Outlaw
08-04-2009, 07:43 PM
My friend was on red hot when island racer came up on and passed them, then redhot said bye bye:sifone: I would have loved to have watched them run.

ChiefApache
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Is Island Racer still for sale?

Smarty
08-05-2009, 11:14 AM
The name is "Island Runner." You could ask Bob Wallace, the owner of Offshore Performance in Egg Harbor Twp., NJ (that is where Island Runner is located), or call Frank Kerbeck (boat owner) at his dealership in Palmyra, NJ - F.C Kerbeck Cadillac/GMC (or Atlantic City dealership {Corvette} if he is not in Palmyra). I have left out some of the other high end brands (Bentley, ect.)

SC Hot and Island Runner are great boats; Island Runner still looks great (to me), but then again I like 41 Apaches so my opinion is biased.

It is good to hear both Mr. Kerbeck and Mr. Stella are still out there doing there thing in those Apaches. They were always boaters, meaning it was, and apparently still is the norm to see those boats off Abesecon Island on Sunday afternoon, looking for a race, or just cruising. That is cool.

DAREDEVIL
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Pictures ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xlr8by
08-05-2009, 11:33 AM
The name is "Island Runner." You could ask Bob Wallace, the owner of Offshore Performance in Egg Harbor Twp., NJ (that is where Island Runner is located), or call Frank Kerbeck (boat owner) at his dealership in Palmyra, NJ - F.C Kerbeck Cadillac/GMC (or Atlantic City dealership {Corvette} if he is not in Palmyra). I have left out some of the other high end brands (Bentley, ect.)

SC Hot and Island Runner are great boats; Island Runner still looks great (to me), but then again I like 41 Apaches so my opinion is biased.

It is good to hear both Mr. Kerbeck and Mr. Stella are still out there doing there thing in those Apaches. They were always boaters, meaning it was, and apparently still is the norm to see those boats off Abesecon Island on Sunday afternoon, looking for a race, or just cruising. That is cool.

Smart,
You are correct about Island Runner being owned by Frank and it is a great boat, but Island RACER is the old "Chill Out Warrior" boat which is a three man race setup with a blue paint job that looks the same as Frank's red paint job. Island Racer is owned by Paul L. All of them are nice boats...Anyone know what kind of power and drives Stella is running these days?

Erik

Smarty
08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Smart,
You are correct about Island Runner being owned by Frank and it is a great boat, but Island RACER is the old "Chill Out Warrior" boat which is a three man race setup with a blue paint job that looks the same as Frank's red paint job. Island Racer is owned by Paul L. All of them are nice boats...Anyone know what kind of power and drives Stella is running these days?

Erik

Thanks, I did not know that. SC Hot is a #6 Drive boat (or was years ago), I am assuming it still is. As for power, not sure.

I learned something today, and that is a good thing. Thanks.

ChiefApache
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Sorry, I confused them.

And I'm a tad partial to those 41's also!

NJgr8ful
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
The name is "Island Racer" ;)

Stella's 41 has #6s and 1200's (I heard). Paul's Island Racer has #5s and 950s (I know) and YES it is the old ChillOut Warrior boat ... both boats run:03: Frank's 41' Island Runner is still around too ... just not this particular Saturday afternoon. :dupe::26:

Island Racer is for sale, for the right money, if your interested in another 41' Rob :sifone:

~~edit~~
to add pics
~~end-edit~~

NJgr8ful
08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Pictures ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I got some pics for ya ... of a German in a compromising situation :26::sifone::leaving:

Hannibal41
08-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Is this some kind of Joke? The Chillout Warrior 41 was made to copy Island Runner?!?
Thats original! NJgr8ful are you a broker? I am in the market for an original long staggered. what are the #s on the copy cat boat? what does it run with 950s? drives? interior shots?

NJgr8ful
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Nope not a broker. Call me and I'll give you the info you crave. 732.300.5222 name is Chris

LEOPAJM
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Nope not a broker. Call me and I'll give you the info you crave. 732.300.5222 name is Chris

Hey Chris ... does the number start with a 1 .... or a 2 ??? :sifone:

Smarty
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM
The name is "Island Racer" ;)

Stella's 41 has #6s and 1200's (I heard). Paul's Island Racer has #5s and 950s (I know) and YES it is the old ChillOut Warrior boat ... both boats run:03: Frank's 41' Island Runner is still around too ... just not this particular Saturday afternoon. :dupe::26:

Island Racer is for sale, for the right money, if your interested in another 41' Rob :sifone:

~~edit~~
to add pics
~~end-edit~~

Sorry for my earlier mistake, I would never, ever have guessed there was a 41' Apache that looked like that (Island Racer). For the past 20 years it had been SC RedHot and Island Runner that were racing in that inlet and off Absecon Island. Never knew Island racer existed until yesterday.

What is the asking price for Island Racer?

xlr8by
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I heard Stella is the original owner of his boat? Any truth to this?

Hannibal41
08-06-2009, 04:56 PM
meanstreak is also from nj now
SC was an everglades boat bought new.

now you know
~the bull

NJgr8ful
08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey Chris ... does the number start with a 1 .... or a 2 ??? :sifone:

Hey Jerry, Prolly a low 2 ... or maybe a high 1 :03: I'll get Paul on here to speak to that.:willy_nilly:

DAREDEVIL
08-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Bob, Prolly a low 2 ... or maybe a high 1 :03: I'll get Paul on here to speak to that.:willy_nilly:

He is nutz,,,,way toooo much for that old slay.

For that i could buy a world champion prooven 41 APACHE thats dialed in and has a famous name on the side.:leaving:

NJgr8ful
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry for my earlier mistake, I would never, ever have guessed there was a 41' Apache that looked like that (Island Racer). For the past 20 years it had been SC RedHot and Island Runner that were racing in that inlet and off Absecon Island. Never knew Island racer existed until yesterday.

What is the asking price for Island Racer?

No sweat Smarty .. who woulda thunk somebody woulda done that?? Price deps on how you want it ... No motors? No drives? YES - Motors & drives? What motors?? Drives are #5s

NJgr8ful
08-06-2009, 07:51 PM
:):driving:

NJgr8ful
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
He is nutz,,,,way toooo much for that old slay.

For that i could buy a world champion prooven 41 APACHE thats dialed in and has a famous name on the side.:leaving:
Go ahead Scott, it is what it is :seeya: as most of the owners that own these pieces, they don't NEED to sell, they all have their asking prices ... his other one went to England for crazy money.

DAREDEVIL
08-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Chris,,i understand,,but i know of 2 -3 man 41's in perfect (like new) condition for under 130 K.
Plus they did not steel a paintcheme or made up a name !!!!

More power to him if he can sell it for that ,,realistic price 95-110 K. in this market.

by the way ,,one of the 2 i know of has # 6's and brand new 1100 HP !:driving:

Geronimo36
08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
glad to see Paul got her out there!

Chris, I saw Allan coming around the hook a few weeks ago on my way back from Pt. Pleasant!

LEOPAJM
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Chris,,i understand,,but i know of 2 -3 man 41's in perfect (like new) condition for under 130 K.

More power to him if he can sell it for that ,,realistic price 95-110 K. in this market.

do tell ??????

DAREDEVIL
08-07-2009, 10:20 AM
do tell ??????

Can't tell u yet,,,maybe ,,just maybe buying one of the 2.
I will let u know after more talking.:kiss:

LEOPAJM
08-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Sweet ! Good luck !

Dude! Sweet!
08-07-2009, 11:48 AM

I'm guessing owned by the same guy... A blue and yellow one and a white one with a yellow interior... Am I close? :reddevil:

SKRAMER
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Can't tell u yet,,,maybe ,,just maybe buying one of the 2.
I will let u know after more talking.:kiss:

Help a brother out!!! Pm me I won't tell anyone!!!

DAREDEVIL
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Help a brother out!!! Pm me I won't tell anyone!!!

LOL,,,u want to snatch it HEHE:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing owned by the same guy... A blue and yellow one and a white one with a yellow interior... Am I close? :reddevil:

NO,,,but if thats true,,,that would make it 4 !!LOL:willy_nilly:

Which ones are u talking about ??? Intresting,,,which white with yellow interior ????????

And a blue and yellow ??? mmmmhhhhh

Dude! Sweet!
08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Based on the two comments you made...

"For that i could buy a world champion prooven 41 APACHE thats dialed in and has a famous name on the side."

"Chris,,i understand,,but i know of 2 -3 man 41's in perfect (like new) condition for under 130 K.

by the way ,,one of the 2 i know of has # 6's and brand new 1100 HP !"

I assumed you were talking about the two boats in these photos. Last I remembered they were both owned by the same guy and frankly, I'd be suprised that he'd sell, but we're living in weird times so you never know...

Surely you can see how I'd infer that you were talking about hese boats (other than the prices!)

DAREDEVIL
08-07-2009, 01:35 PM

"For that i could buy a world champion prooven 41 APACHE thats dialed in and has a famous name on the side."

"Chris,,i understand,,but i know of 2 -3 man 41's in perfect (like new) condition for under 130 K.

I assumed you were talking about the two boats in these photos. Last I remembered they were both owned by the same guy and frankly, I'd be suprised that he'd sell, but we're living in weird times so you never know...

Surely you can see how I'd infer that you were talking about hese boats (other than the prices!)

NO,,,not them !!!!!!!!!!

My post's also are talking about diffrent boats ......200 + K is a world champion boat ,,the other 2 for less then 130 are 3 man bolster boats but not champions (aren't they all togh) LOL.
But nice pics.

NJgr8ful
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
glad to see Paul got her out there!

Chris, I saw Allan coming around the hook a few weeks ago on my way back from Pt. Pleasant!

:cool: WSUP Frank. Alan told me about the day when you passed him, he said you were nice enuf to give the thumbs up/down to him to see if he was OK!?! And he also mentioned you looked and sounded SWEEEEET! :sifone:

Still thinking of coming 'up north' for a weekend before summer's over. Next weekend, Saturday 15th, sounds interesting :03::26:

Offshoredrillin
08-08-2009, 02:34 PM
the 2 he is talking about is magnum marks, and the one with the tribal paint (old lambo boat) job. it is no secret that they are both for sale, Mark will let his go for the right money.

Last year Mark told me a number for his and it is right in that ballpark.

DAREDEVIL
08-08-2009, 03:52 PM
the 2 he is talking about is magnum marks, and the one with the tribal paint (old lambo boat) job. it is no secret that they are both for sale, Mark will let his go for the right money.

ROB,,lol......u know more then i do !!!!!!!!1:rofl::seeya:

Offshoredrillin
08-08-2009, 03:56 PM
ROB,,lol......u know more then i do !!!!!!!!1:rofl::seeya:
I ve been telling you that since you started posting, but you never listen...:D

phragle
08-08-2009, 04:02 PM
DD, how can you afford an apache when you can't afford an aerotech?

DAREDEVIL
08-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I ve been telling you that since you started posting, but you never listen...:D

HAHA,,,that was a good one. 1 for you.:sifone:

So which one are u going to get ???

DAREDEVIL
08-08-2009, 04:06 PM
DD, how can you afford an apache when you can't afford an aerotech?

The Aero-tek is paid for,,and i can't afford RACING,,with the travel cost and all that .
Filling it up and checking oil is not what u need to do when u race a boat.

Taking out for a ride here in Sarasota is not a problem and the maintnance is not either.

But if u have to spend 400 HOTEL and 500 travel every second weekend + the fees and fuel ,,,it adds up. + i run race fuel in it @ 7+ $ the gallon ,,,:ack2:

And by the way ....its AERO-TEK !!!!

Sean Stinson
08-09-2009, 08:24 AM

JC will not sell these boats......

Sean Stinson
08-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Mark talks about selling his boat but he won't sell it UNLESS something else comesalong for the right price....even then he wont sell it I don't think!!! We talked about it at dinner last night!!!! But if you ever hear the comment "I am getting to smart for this $h!t" That's the day you better be standing there with cash!!!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Geronimo36
08-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Next weekend, Saturday 15th, sounds interesting :03::26:

Big party on the 15th if you come up!!!:26:

BTW, someone may have sabatoged my boat at the marina last week... That's a whole other story....:icon_bs:

DAREDEVIL
08-09-2009, 10:10 AM
BTW, someone may have sabatoged my boat at the marina last week... That's a whole other story....:icon_bs:[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAATTT,,,do tell. Damn,:ack2:

DAREDEVIL
08-09-2009, 10:12 AM
JC will not sell these boats......

Mark talks about selling his boat but he won't sell it UNLESS something else comesalong for the right price....even then he wont sell it I don't think!!! We talked about it at dinner last night!!!! But if you ever hear the comment "I am getting to smart for this $h!t" That's the day you better be standing there with cash!!!!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

100 agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i said that Rob knows more then me .LOL:sifone::sifone::sifone:

NJgr8ful
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Big party on the 15th if you come up!!!:26:

BTW, someone may have sabatoged my boat at the marina last week... That's a whole other story....:icon_bs:

That sucks! Either spill the beans ... or start a thread!! :bigear: :mad: :puke:

Geronimo36
08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I haven't been able to prove anything yet but someone sprayed water up into the exhaust on both engines. One fired up slowly while the other hydrolocked before I realized what was going on. People suck! Luckily it did't cause any damage and we had a great weekend of boating.

The marina was notified and there are security cameras, so whomever it was better watch their azz.

Bobcat
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
cowards, probably someone who has prior complaints about noise, I hope they got them on video.

NJgr8ful
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I haven't been able to prove anything yet but someone sprayed water up into the exhaust on both engines. One fired up slowly while the other hydrolocked before I realized what was going on. People suck! Luckily it did't cause any damage and we had a great weekend of boating.

The marina was notified and there are security cameras, so whomever it was better watch their azz.

UNREAL! This weekend, first time (well maybe 2nd or 3rd) in 38yrs, on my lagoon that I can remember NJ Stateys rolling up the lagoon. Pulled me over without blinking and said you're too loud. Checked my crudentials and equipment, then proceeded asking me a few casual questions about the motors, the costs involved with running my boat, then let me go with a noise "warning". I asked him BTW; why you guys riding up the lagoons? He said people have been complaining about speeding and large wakes in the NO WAKE ZONE?! HMMmmmmmmmm not sure, maybe it was that and the NOISE POLLUTION of my Ciggy?!?!? I do NOT throw a wake when riding in lagoon, nor do I use the boat after dusk, just becuz of the noise and my attempt at being courteous to my neighbors :kiss: :driving: :kiss:

Some people ... :mad: If I got proof of something like that on video, happening to my boat, there'd be big **BIG** trouble for that indivdual!!!! :mad:

Geronimo36
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I have a few theories of how it happened.

1. some jackazz did it.
2. the guy washing the boat last week did it.
3. torrential downpour
4. engine problem

So now here's the facts.

Had the boat since 04/05' and never had a problem with rain so that eliminates #3.

Both engines had water so I find it hard to believe it was the engines. Exhaust is one year old and it ran perfect and sat for 12 hrs Friday night and started perfect Saturday afternoon and ran perfect all day. Water, oil temps, pressure perfect and no water in oil so doubt theres an issue with engines. When I pulled plugs there was no rust and had water in 3 and 5. If it was exhaust or a rotted head or head gasket I would start seeing water in oil and it would fill up again. Pretty sure that elimnates #4.

I suggested to the marina that maybe the Mexi washing it mistakenly shot the hose up the two center pipes and got both engines. They talked to the guy and he said he ony misted the back when he was cleaning They also wash 10-15 boats a week. So even thugh the guy denys it #2 is still plausible.

Then we have #1, it was done by some jackazz.

I'll feel better about all this when I let it sit all week and fire it Friday/Saturday...

CasinoRunner
08-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I docked my boat just before dark that weekend I ran into you (backed in to the slips with the plates for the fork lift to take me out the next morning) and found out that someone moved my boat 3-4 slips over where the day docks are located. The Marina called me and asked if my intentions were to leave the boat like that. ....was so angry. Lot of work to move it that distance for no reason.............If any of your friends were around and remember seeing something please let me know.....
Anyway back to the thread topic ...some poor quality vid of Redhot in action, running the Ocean in front of the Casinos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crcv3n-D5lw

NJgr8ful
08-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Anyway back to the thread topic ...some poor quality vid of Redhot in action, running the Ocean in front of the Casinos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crcv3n-D5lw
Nice vid thanks CasinoRunner ... just to be clear, this was not from the Saturday afternoon with Island Racer ;) Still waiting for those pics and/or vids :D :03:

NJgr8ful
08-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I have a few theories of how it happened.

1. some jackazz did it.
2. the guy washing the boat last week did it.
3. torrential downpour
4. engine problem

So now here's the facts.

Had the boat since 04/05' and never had a problem with rain so that eliminates #3.

Both engines had water so I find it hard to believe it was the engines. Exhaust is one year old and it ran perfect and sat for 12 hrs Friday night and started perfect Saturday afternoon and ran perfect all day. Water, oil temps, pressure perfect and no water in oil so doubt theres an issue with engines. When I pulled plugs there was no rust and had water in 3 and 5. If it was exhaust or a rotted head or head gasket I would start seeing water in oil and it would fill up again. Pretty sure that elimnates #4.

I suggested to the marina that maybe the Mexi washing it mistakenly shot the hose up the two center pipes and got both engines. They talked to the guy and he said he ony misted the back when he was cleaning They also wash 10-15 boats a week. So even thugh the guy denys it #2 is still plausible.

Then we have #1, it was done by some jackazz.

I'll feel better about all this when I let it sit all week and fire it Friday/Saturday...

I'll check it for ya when I get up there Saturday for the Island Party! :03::26::03:

CasinoRunner
08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Nice vid thanks CasinoRunner ... just to be clear, this was not from the Saturday afternoon with Island Racer ;) Still waiting for those pics and/or vids :D :03:

No, it was a blast from the past!

CasinoRunner
08-10-2009, 07:31 PM
So just to be clear, who has the faster Apache???? Island Runner or Island racer or Redhot??? I've seen all three drivers drive and they have skills. Island Runner and SC redhot have been out and about alot more than Island Racer. Island Runner also raced his boat and is not afraid of Big water. All three run in the same waters. You should set something up, would be a fun day. But then again I have no idea if the owners of those three boats even care.

xlr8by
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
So just to be clear, who has the faster Apache???? Island Runner or Island racer or Redhot??? I've seen all three drivers drive and they have skills. Island Runner and SC redhot have been out and about alot more than Island Racer. Island Runner also raced his boat and is not afraid of Big water. All three run in the same waters. You should set something up, would be a fun day. But then again I have no idea if the owners of those three boats even care.

Two years ago I saw Island Racer, Island Runner, and SC redhot out running with each other. They were running blasts from the inlet to lucy. I don't recall there being an obvious winner, I think I saw Island runner out in front, but I was more in awe that I saw 3 Apache's running the way they were made to! Casinorunner what kind of boat do you have? I have a 30ft CC right now, but one day will have a 41. I often run to Trump.

CasinoRunner
08-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a Baja Outlaw that I keep in the Sandy Hook area. But I also have the pleasure of running a 41 Avanti that I'm sure you see in the area every weekend. I used to keep my boat in the Atlantic City Area and ran from Ocean City Inlet to the AC Inlet all the time as well as Wildwood and Cape May. But no matter where we ran that day we always ended the day at Trumps. Many days and nights spent at Trumps even before the renovations and new menus. Not sure how old you are or how long you have been around but remember the drinks they used to serve in the very tall glasses. I miss the old days at Trumps. On any given afternoon you could pull your boat up to the dock make your way to the bar/dance floor and end up giving some women a ride (on the boat). Married life and kids just change everything.
As far as the Apaches-Red Hot and Island runner they were around every weekend. Bubba macs (spelling) Lambertis, Trumps....etc Both owners are down to earth nice guys.

xlr8by
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm in my late 20's and have been going to Trump for a handful of years by boat. I don't make it to Lamberti's in margate as much as I did in years past its just to short of a ride for me. Bubba Mac's in Somer's point is no longer there. I agree that both owner's are down to earth I don't know Stella, but I do know Frank and he is a great guy. About the 41 Avanti is it the one that is red white and blue and has a couple huge gold stars on it? If so I just saw it docked last weekend when I was coming back from Trump.

bogey0911
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey im always running with ed or in my dads boat (42 GTX) SC redhot is a crazy boat in the rough stuff. My brother is always wheeling the boat while stella throttles. I always loved riding in the apache because of how it felt in the rough stuff this weekend was redhots last until next summer