PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the 2nd Depression

DollaBill
11-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Like a speeding train. This is going to get ugly.

BY U BOY
11-05-2008, 12:50 AM
You're right my friend...Fock it, I'm hittin the bottle ! B back in a minute.

Dats a good idea.:biggrinjester:make one for me..

MarineClean
11-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Ahhhhhhhh that's good! Cran&Goose

RebarBox
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
For once Dolla - I will agree with you.:(

BY U BOY
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Like a speeding train. This is going to get ugly.

:boxing_smiley:

stecz20
11-05-2008, 12:57 AM
i already called my accountant, next year im gonna make 15,000.....

stecz20
11-05-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah , were focked....

RebarBox
11-05-2008, 01:03 AM

Count on three grand being redistributed...:puke:

Cash Bar
11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Wyoming was by far the brightest RED state.

I think that will be the last state to go to hell. I think I will head out there for a few years.

Jan. 20th will come way to quickly. I gotta go pack. :leaving:

phragle
11-05-2008, 01:16 AM
short term, this might be good for me, just as long as things change in four years, got 2 1/2 years of school left, now I can get all my student loans wiped clean, get free healthcare while Im in school and the economy will be so tanked when I graduate I will be able to buy $200k waterfront property for $50k. I have never taken welfare in my life..and I did NOT vote for him, but I would be a fool not to milk him for every penny I can get as long as Im a student, maybe I can justify it by thinking it's repayment for many years as an unpaid volunteer firefighter.....

stecz20
11-05-2008, 01:25 AM
it was a powerful speech, gotta give him that.. the soundbites will be forever im sure...

Expensive Date
11-05-2008, 01:43 AM

So nothings changed I'M CONFUSED:26:

BY U BOY
11-05-2008, 01:56 AM
we're going to need this for the next 4 years:(

nortech4play
11-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Sad Sad day when you can win an election by promising handouts to people... It really gives you an incite into how this country has fallen so far into one that wants everything for nothing....Looks like 2009 will be one with a smaller payroll...

Wardey
11-05-2008, 09:03 AM
I think Wyoming was by far the brightest RED state.

I think that will be the last state to go to hell. I think I will head out there for a few years.

Jan. 20th will come way to quickly. I gotta go pack. :leaving:

I always wanted to go to Wyoming anyhow. Dave

ar15meister
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Now you guys are gonna feel what we have been feeling since we elected that moron Trudeau.

Enjoy!!

We pay 56% income tax and liberals still find other ways to tax us then give the money to things like 'Gay Pride Parade' or send a million over to the 'Somalian Canadian Business Association'

They never give any money to the '6 generations Canadian, never been on welfare, self employed millionaire's club'.....that would be wrong!

That tube of KY is going to come in handy.

My suggestions having lived in a liberal country for my whole life are

1- Buy as many guns as you can afford and as much ammo
2- Get your accountant to figure out how to pay as little tax as possible without being investigated by IRS
3- Dont read the papers or watch the news anymore, you are irrelevant.

fund razor
11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
2- Get your accountant to figure out how to pay as little tax as possible without being investigated by IRS

I wish that my business was still running.
I "lost money" for 5 straight years during Clinton. What can I say... times were tough.

Chris
11-05-2008, 10:04 AM
This is only going to hurt if you let it. Me? I'm going to find opportunities. I'm going to eat the competitors that aren't prepared or that are crying "poor me".

Ever heard the expression "the rich get richer"? I've seen them do it in bad economies and Dem administrations. Just be one of those guys.

fund razor
11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
This is only going to hurt if you let it. Me? I'm going to find opportunities. I'm going to eat the competitors that aren't prepared or that are crying "poor me".

Ever heard the expression "the rich get richer"? I've seen them do it in bad economies and Dem administrations. Just be one of those guys.

Agreed. Although I can't eat competitors in my field.
May start a side gig.

Ted
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I totally agree with Chris on this we have two missions as I see it in the next 2-4 years. We have to live our lives and be prosperous, in all honesty most accountants will be able to find ways around the increases and if they watch carefully, the Dems will open some more loopholes for their fatcat contributors, you just need to jump through too. And secondly, those that care about this country and the Republican party have to PURGE the party of Moderate/RINOS. We must offer a stark contrast to what the Dems are going to do over the next (at least) 2 years and cannot be "DEM LIGHT". In 2010 and then again in 2012 we will have the opportunity to show how we can offer a better way, just like 1994. It has taken 14 years to wipe away all of the gains we started in 94, but it can turn back much more quickly, if the party does. The American people want what the Republicans are "supposed" to stand for, not what Bush and McCain gave them.

pullmytrigger
11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Now you guys are gonna feel what we have been feeling since we elected that moron Trudeau.

Enjoy!!

We pay 56% income tax and liberals still find other ways to tax us then give the money to things like 'Gay Pride Parade' or send a million over to the 'Somalian Canadian Business Association'

They never give any money to the '6 generations Canadian, never been on welfare, self employed millionaire's club'.....that would be wrong!

That tube of KY is going to come in handy.

My suggestions having lived in a liberal country for my whole life are

very well said.....I hate that faacking csucker Trudeau too.......did you see now his facking kid is running for office in Montreal......we cant get rid of them:ack2:

yesrej
11-05-2008, 11:31 AM

agreed.

ar15meister
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
very well said.....I hate that faacking csucker Trudeau too.......did you see now his facking kid is running for office in Montreal......we cant get rid of them:ack2:

Running? The little bastard got elected! He better pray I never get a terminal illness.....I have him on the 'list', close to the top......right under Richard Peddie.

I guess all we can do is keep turning fossil fuels into noise to make ourselves feel better. With my boat winterized and my Z06 blown up I am in serious need of a good speed rush to make myself feel better about Trudeau, Obama, etc. Hopefully I shoot a huge buck this weekend, if I do I am goingt to throw him in the back of my truck and drive around the U of T campus upsetting liberal students to make myself feel better.

BBB725
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Hopefully I shoot a huge buck this weekend, if I do I am goingt to throw him in the back of my truck and drive around the U of T campus upsetting liberal students to make myself feel better.

It's the little things in life that bring us joy:biggrinjester:

DollaBill
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM

thats true Chris

nortech4play
11-05-2008, 04:14 PM
A positive attitude will propel you to success. Like Cesar Millan says, "if you visualize it you will make it happen".

While a positive attitude might make things seem better, the bitter reality will eventually bite you in the ass.

Especially when it comes to business issues like more regulations and higher taxes that are certainly going to be a big part of the new administrations policies.

I rarely look for inspiration from a "Dog Trainer", it might be good for Fido but I'd rather look to a higher source for that...

Ted
11-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow, mellow Everett I like it. Just took getting done with Bush, how bout dat! The problem Cat is trickle down. Even if he remains true to his word (he won't just like Clinton) and only goes after 250k and above, if a business has to take that hit do you think they will just absorb it? No, they will either charge it to their customers, cut payroll, or find some other way to make up the deficit. The real fat cats will simply tweek up their tax avoidance and maintain. So the middle guys will get it and they will simply spend less, and all the people that benefit from their purchasing will see less income, tips, labor fees, etc. So everyone all the way down feels the pinch. So that we can give more bennies to people like O's auntie, the illegal immigrant in Boston public housing. But hey I'm gonna make it, it just sucks for a lot of other people.

t500hps
11-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Then you have to overcome the assbite and reach higher.

Yes true but if your income is less than $250,000 you will not be taxed. That is take-home income not gross income.

Cesar Millan does not inspire dogs. His advice is for their owners. In response to a question about his inspiration being his father, he said, "I look to a higher power". Is that the way you look at it?

That threshold has already been lowered below 200K......what about small businesses that already pay 38% of profits in FED tax alone. Kind of hard to re-invest anything in a company when that is combined with all the other "taxes". Annually on 18mil in sales, I have 5.5mil in payroll, 8mil in materials, 1.5mil in equipment payments, and over 1mil in taxes (personal property is $350K alone). Think of all the other things not mentioned......electricity is $25K per month, health care for the employees...$750K/yr. We are outperforming nearly all of our regional competition but just barely beating our industry average that has gone from just over 3% profit to less than 2% recently. Over 1/2 of my sales force make more money than I do......and if the company fails I stand to loose everything I own.
Now, Personally I will see those tax "credits" because my income is below the $150K threshold (that Biden mentions in an interview 10-27-08)...but my company is already paying dearly.

Tony
11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
That threshold has already been lowered below 200K......what about small businesses that already pay 38% of profits in FED tax alone. Kind of hard to re-invest anything in a company when that is combined with all the other "taxes". Annually on 18mil in sales, I have 5.5mil in payroll, 8mil in materials, 1.5mil in equipment payments, and over 1mil in taxes (personal property is $350K alone). Think of all the other things not mentioned......electricity is $25K per month, health care for the employees...$750K/yr. We are outperforming nearly all of our regional competition but just barely beating our industry average that has gone from just over 3% profit to less than 2% recently. Over 1/2 of my sales force make more money than I do......and if the company fails I stand to loose everything I own.
Now, Personally I will see those tax "credits" because my income is below the $150K threshold (that Biden mentions in an interview 10-27-08)...but my company is already paying dearly.

I feel your pain buddy, Im really starting to consider the merits of working for somebody else for a change.

BBB725
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I feel your pain buddy, Im really starting to consider the merits of working for somebody else for a change.

After working for your self it would be hard to take orders rather than give.

Tony
11-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Belive me, Ive thought about it.

BBB725
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Are you going to Marathon this winter?

ChiefApache
11-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Not for Tony.....he's getting married in October so he needs to get use to being given orders...and then following them! :03::rofl:

Tony
11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Not for Tony.....he's getting married in October so he needs to get use to being given orders...and then following them! :03::rofl:

You must have me confused with somebody else. BBB, Yeah I'l be down there, bringin the Whaler.

THEJOKER
11-05-2008, 10:48 PM

We've grown every year no matter who's president. " refuse to graze w/ the sheep , be a lion , eat the sheep"!

Expensive Date
11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
We've grown every year no matter who's president. " refuse to graze w/ the sheep , be a lion , eat the sheep"!

Same here my competition is dropping like flys could be my best year ever next year

THEJOKER
11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Same here my competition is dropping like flys could be my best year ever next year

I hate to brag but we've been setting record numbers , and getting ready to have our 30th Anniversary in 2009. So called competitors are dropping like flies. I see mostly laziness , poor business plans , not thinking ahead and lack of customer service in so many business's. I learned a long time ago " The key to success is follow up , follow up , follow up , follow up , follow up"..........................

Trim'd Up
11-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Survival of the fittest...If it still existed on an individual basis we wouldn't be in this mess. " A good portion of the Obama supporters wouldn't make it without support."

searaycer
11-05-2008, 11:42 PM
alot of people forget that is how evolution is supposed to work

BBB725
11-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Nothing is set in stone yet. After he gets his PDB today, the President-elect will meet with his financial advisors to work on the economic recovery program. He has a lot on his plate so we have to be patient and see what comes out. The President see very clearly that the problems of small businesses and the middle class have to be addressed immediately for job creation to begin.

Infrastructure also needs to be looked at. Road and bridge repair and construction are critical and are great for quick employment IF he can find the money.

Got this email from a friend of mine that is an investment counselor and had
15 yrs as a tax advisor as well.

---------------Prepare for annual political rant---------

You will have to excuse me, the election hit me fairly hard. I am tired
of all the lying the politicians do to the general public. Adds state
that the average worker will receive a tax cut, but they forget that
they just let meaningful tax cuts expire. (that is not called an
increase in taxes however). A new study indicates that if you are a two
wage earner family and make over $100,000, you will end up paying $6,000
more in actual taxes in 2009 compared to 2008. If you make closer to
$200,000 you will pay $14,000 more because all of your deductions and
exemptions phase to zero, plus AMT kicks in to give you another kick in
the behind. If you are self-employed, your effective tax rate including
payroll taxes, state and federal taxes and property taxes increases to
56%. Non self-employed 48%. That is not even in the new proposed
higher brackets.

Two wage earners with 2 children making $180,000 pay $40,000 in federal
taxes (22% effective rate) while two wage earners with 2 children making
$45,000 receive $500 in federal credits for the kids and pay $0 in
federal taxes(-1% effective tax rate) in 2008. The top 50% of wage
earners in this country pay 98% of the federal taxes.

Instead of promising everyone, everything maybe we should cut spending.
Maybe we should put together an energy infrastructure plan so that we
don't export $700 billion every year for oil to people who don't even
really like us. Maybe we should pay down our debt instead of 30% of
every years budget going for interest expense.

THEJOKER
11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
200 x 500 new Joker Factory going up!

getchasum111
11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
i have been drinking since tuesday night....and need to keep drinking for 4 more years....