PDA

View Full Version : Reference an interesting "For Sale" boat?

Ratickle
11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
NJgr8ful started a thread about an interesting boat. We moved it. He was wondering why. So am I. DO we know our rules so we can explain. I answered we are on a learning curve and appreciate input and will review.

"Fundster, as I said, it is not my boat, not my sale. I just came across it on FleaBay and thought it might be interesting for someone else. I could care less if it sells or sinks This was done all the time on OSO ... It was just an FYI / 'interest' type post.

After a mod moved it here I was kinda at a loss what to do. So I just posted the same thread in the Midnight Express owners section to be PC or SO PC"

Buoy
11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
It's an interesting piece - and a source of discussion.
Don't see a reason it needed to be pulled from GD.
Might find out a little more History on something "unique"...
800 gallons of fuel - this thing has stories to tell.

Ratickle
11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
It's an interesting piece - and a source of discussion.
Don't see a reason it needed to be pulled from GD.
Might find out a little more History on something "unique"...

I think it is another discussion item in KW.

Buoy
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
I think it is another discussion item in KW.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be in Nashville.
But, I think I got my point across.

Ratickle
11-04-2008, 11:14 PM

You mean like smugglers blues?

Buoy
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
You mean like smugglers blues?

Quad 225's with 800 gallons??
Let's do the math.
Sounds like a boat that had a "purpose".
Or maybe I just love hearing those stories of these boats with "history".

fund razor
11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
NJgr8ful started a thread about an interesting boat. We moved it. He was wondering why. So am I. DO we know our rules so we can explain. I answered we are on a learning curve and appreciate input and will review.

"Fundster, as I said, it is not my boat, not my sale. I just came across it on FleaBay and thought it might be interesting for someone else. I could care less if it sells or sinks This was done all the time on OSO ... It was just an FYI / 'interest' type post.

After a mod moved it here I was kinda at a loss what to do. So I just posted the same thread in the Midnight Express owners section to be PC or SO PC"

It appears as though a discussion moderator mistook it for a boat NJ was selling for someone else. They moved it to the marketplace, I then mistook it for a boat he was selling for someone else, and to me it looked like an auction. So I asked for the minimum price, to make it kind of in line with the marketplace regs.

I explained to him on the thread what I thought had happened. I think that it looked so much like an ad rather than a "hey look at this" that it just kept being mistaken for one.