PDA

View Full Version : Ever gotten into it with a boat rigging buddy?

Tony
11-04-2008, 09:06 PM
OK, so this time change+election+fuel market amongst other things has put me on a short fuse. Working on a boat that was supposed to be in the water back in May this will be the 3rd time in/out with alligngment issues with my sbd.(yes just the right one) engine. Well the long and short of it was, I said some things I shoudlnt have about his operator skills because my preciuous paintjob got mangled and pops walked away.

Like me, it takes a lot to get him mad, but when he does...........now i feel like a worthles piece of **** because he was just trying to help.:(:(:(:(

fund razor
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
This is a frustrating time, and a frustrating day.
Don't beat up on yourself too bad.

Nothing to do but apologize?

Buoy
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
OK, so this time change+election+fuel market amongst other things has put me on a short fuse. Working on a boat that was supposed to be in the water back in May this will be the 3rd time in/out with alligngment issues with my sbd.(yes just the right one) engine. Well the long and short of it was, I said some things I shoudlnt have about his operator skills because my preciuous paintjob got mangled and pops walked away.

Like me, it takes a lot to get him mad, but when he does...........now i feel like a worthles piece of **** because he was just trying to help.:(:(:(:(

Ah, shake it off, and apologize, and deal with it.
The only part I didn't get about this is:
"Like me, it takes a lot to get him mad..."
Umm, from what I have seen, that's not a good self-assesment.:)

yesrej
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
chalk it up to a bad day. everybody has them.

Ratickle
11-04-2008, 11:05 PM
chalk it up to a bad day. everybody has them.

Blame it on the election. :(

thedonz
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
we've all had those days, .........man up, go to him and tell him what you've said here, be sincere in your apology..........shouldn't let this stand in the way of a friendship.........

fund razor
11-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Blame it on the election. :(

That's no joke!

FULL FORCE
11-05-2008, 09:37 PM
It can be hard sometimes with "pops" I was winterizing my dads boat last weekend and he kept trying to tell me everything to do, it was annoying.... we started to get into it then I just stopped, not worth hurting "pop's" feelings.. go give him a beer and enjoy!

J-Bonz
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Tony,
Unfortunately I have been there many times with my Pops......... If you want a good laugh, ask him about it. But, all you can do is share a few beers and apologize...
Jr.

Wardey
11-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, I've been there with my Dad and been there with my Son. The longer you wait , the harder it gets. Man up and make it right. You never know when they might not be there to tell them your sorry. Trust me, I know. I never got to tell my sister that I was sorry......Dave

ChiefApache
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Thus the reason for the massive hangover today???

searaycer
11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
We owned six semi's when I was in high school, been their done that with my dad many times, when you are wrong or said the wrong thing, just own up to it get by it, life is way to short to hold grudges or feel ****ty "at least with immediate family the rest of society can go to hell"