PDA

View Full Version : It's on like Donkey Kong....

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Let the planning begin, Chicago Scene party is SATURDAY.

http://www.chicago-scene.com/partydb.htm

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Always obey the rules...

"Party starts at Noon till 6PM.
"Party Location: The "Play Pen"
Just North of the Water Filtration Plant at Chicago Avenue beach.
Open to the public, anyone with a boat, Yacht, Jet ski, or Canoe.
Please have a designated captain and at least one life preserver per person.
Drink responsibly & Party safely.
Safety is our biggest concern!
Make sure at least every other boat puts out an anchor.
Bring plenty of bumpers & lines to tie up properly.
The Chicago Police plan to board every boat so please make sure you are not breaking any laws.
Please keep the sound level on your boat at a reasonable level, music should not be heard more then 150 feet from your boat.
Make sure there is ample room between strings of boats so the Police & Coast Guard can get through, behind & in front of your boat.
Do not let people that have had too much to drink swim with out a PFD.
Please bring plenty of water & food that will last all day.
No, we do not sell tickets to the party.
You must find your own boat to go on.

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
I have a new addition to the line up. My boat will be staying at home, I will be running over with a life long buddy on friday afternoon, he just bought a 33' cruisers' cruiser. I will be calling Belmont shortly to see about a slip for Friday and Saturday night. So we offically have a mother slip to haul around any "extras" that may surface!

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Always obey the rules...

"Party starts at Noon till 6PM.
"Party Location: The "Play Pen"
Just North of the Water Filtration Plant at Chicago Avenue beach.
Open to the public, anyone with a boat, Yacht, Jet ski, or Canoe.
Please have a designated captain and at least one life preserver per person.
Drink responsibly & Party safely.
Safety is our biggest concern!
Make sure at least every other boat puts out an anchor.
Bring plenty of bumpers & lines to tie up properly.
The Chicago Police plan to board every boat so please make sure you are not breaking any laws.
Please keep the sound level on your boat at a reasonable level, music should not be heard more then 150 feet from your boat.
Make sure there is ample room between strings of boats so the Police & Coast Guard can get through, behind & in front of your boat.
Do not let people that have had too much to drink swim with out a PFD.
Please bring plenty of water & food that will last all day.
No, we do not sell tickets to the party.
You must find your own boat to go on.

I saw that too:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tony M
07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
What Time Is everybody takeing off and from where .

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 10:11 AM
What Time Is everybody takeing off and from where .

BZ, Kool aid and Eric, the I love humping boat, are leaving from Belmont. Not sure what time??? I think the Hippie Kid is leaving out of Hammond???

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Probably leaving out of Hammond at 10 or 10:30.

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Yesterday, the forecast was for 81 and sunny, 10% chance of rain. Today, it's 78 and sunny, 10% chance of rain. Just for fun, let's see how many times it changes this week and just how wrong the good people at Accuweather.com can be...

Magic Medicine
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
changed the forcast again to 78 and 40% chance of T storms

Tony M
07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
changed the forcast again to 78 and 40% chance of T storms ON Sunday. tee hee !!!:sifone:

Tony M
07-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Probably leaving out of Hammond at 10 or 10:30. Out Of E/C By The Same Time , But I got Non Boating People With So Who Knows :leaving: :driving: :willy_nilly:

redhotsommer
07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Just gimme a call and we'll see if we can hook up for the run down.

redhotsommer
07-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Accuweather now saying 84 and sunny...
Weather.com saying 79, 10 % chance of rain....

Magic Medicine
07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I saw 81 and sunny!

B.Z.
07-28-2009, 03:40 PM
So I have a question what say we all meet up somewhere a little south and make a little run to the pen...say around Jackson park????? Guy's in the city a short run south guy's coming from the south a stop and then GAME ON!!!!!!!!

Tony M
07-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Out Of E/C By The Same Time , But I got Non Boating People With So Who Knows :leaving: :driving: :willy_nilly: Have Room For 2 More In The Baby Boat ! :confused: :driving:

Magic Medicine
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
So I have a question what say we all meet up somewhere a little south and make a little run to the pen...say around Jackson park????? Guy's in the city a short run south guy's coming from the south a stop and then GAME ON!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a good idea, this will give us time to anchor the mother ship! Then everyone can raft from there!

redhotsommer
07-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Andy...your problem is gonna be WHERE to anchor the mother ship...it's tough to determine where those big cruisers are going to be.

BZ, I'll drop a dime when we're rolling out of Hammond.

Tony M
07-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Just gimme a call and we'll see if we can hook up for the run down. when I Get Under Way ! :driving:

Magic Medicine
07-29-2009, 09:08 AM
Andy...your problem is gonna be WHERE to anchor the mother ship...it's tough to determine where those big cruisers are going to be.

BZ, I'll drop a dime when we're rolling out of Hammond.

I guess we will have to keep our eyes open for a good spot.

a-B
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
The WGN weatherman is "claiming" 85 and sunny this a.m.!

B.Z.
07-29-2009, 09:56 AM
weather.com 83 and sunny....keep your fingers crossed

redhotsommer
07-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, Big D would be pretty disappointed if the Baja WAS in action cuz with weather like that, chances are pretty good we won't have 5-7 foot waves like last year.

Magic Medicine
07-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Well, Big D would be pretty disappointed if the Baja WAS in action cuz with weather like that, chances are pretty good we won't have 5-7 foot waves like last year.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that we don't:)

Magic Medicine
07-29-2009, 12:15 PM
waiting on the phone call back from Belmont to see if I got a slip!

B.Z.
07-29-2009, 01:56 PM

let's hope we have earned a nice week-end this year..we have put up with a lot of crummy week-ends this year...we need a good one!!!!!!

OBNOXUS
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Exactally !!!!!!!,, flat water is boring,,,, it might as well be down !!!!!

redhotsommer
07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Remember...you'll be riding in the FONTAINE...2-3 foot chop in the city is FUN, not lazy and boring like you guys with the bigger boats....

B.Z.
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Exactally !!!!!!!,, flat water is boring,,,, it might as well be down !!!!!

I am talking about the raft up AZZ

Magic Medicine
07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Well got a slip in Belmont! Yippie!!! Only problem is it is on the other side, slip T23 o well better than nothing! I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBNOXUS
07-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I am talking about the raft up AZZ

Uh,,, was answering Hippie Kid about the ride down,,,AZZ !!!!!

Its not ALLLL about you BZ !!!!!!

Tony M
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Uh,,, was answering Hippie Kid about the ride down,,,AZZ !!!!!

Its not ALLLL about you BZ !!!!!! Play Nice With MR No-Show! :boxing_smiley: :sifone:

MILD THUNDER
07-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Looks like "*****IN" the 39 Aronow cat and Matt with the 31 Bullet will be joining the run up to the city from the south side with us.

Its looking like we will have ALOT of boats in our group!!

OBNOXUS
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Nice !!!!!

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Looks like "*****IN" the 39 Aronow cat and Matt with the 31 Bullet will be joining the run up to the city from the south side with us.

Sweet. Make you everyone brings there anchor so we can keep this raft off from swinging to Michigan City!:sifone:

B.Z.
07-30-2009, 08:52 AM

Anybody count them all yet?????

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 09:25 AM
first count.

me 33' cruiser
BZ 42' Fontane
Hippie 35' Fontane
B Bobb 38' Cig
Tony M 27' Formula
Joe G 42' Formula
Art 39' Cat
Matt 31' Cig
sex guy 31' Sonic

????
Little D 33' Scarab
Rich 42' OL

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 09:25 AM
BEOTCHIN', Bullet, Regal Begal, redhotsommer, Little D, Tony M, and Jamie B said 5 other friends of his with offshores will all be coming out of Hammond. That's 11.

BZ, Eric, BBobb, Hawk and Andy meeting us downtown...thats 16.

Tony M
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Sweet. Make you everyone brings there anchor so we can keep this raft off from swinging to Michigan City!:sifone: MIGHT be the word you where looking for "maybe" :rofl: :rofl: :driving:

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I think theres a couple guys coming down from the North side too, 3-4 more boats. We should have 11 in our crew plus any extra's that I have missed

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 09:28 AM
BEOTCHIN', Bullet, Regal Begal, redhotsommer, Little D, Tony M, and Jamie B said 5 other friends of his with offshores will all be coming out of Hammond. That's 11.

BZ, Eric, BBobb, Hawk and Andy meeting us downtown...thats 16.

Should have just let Mikey the club secretary handle this :sifone:

Tony M
07-30-2009, 09:37 AM
first count.

me 33' cruiser
BZ 42' Fontane
Hippie 35' Fontane
B Bobb 38' Cig
Tony M 27' Formula
Joe G 42' Formula
Art 39' Cat
Matt 31' Cig
sex guy 31' Sonic

????
Little D 33' Scarab
Rich 42' OL For Me !:sifone:

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 10:08 AM
+1 ....Leo and Teri are coming out of Hammond as well.

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
And just like I suspected...BAM...Accuweather is saying THUNDERSTORMS for Saturday. Oh well...put the carpets below deck and bring the Anchor Shade...

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM
2 out of the 3 sites I check for weather are saying nice weather all weekend! I am going with this report! Yippie we have a full camper top on the cruiser!

a-B
07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
The weatherman changed the forecast to 30% chance of rain for Saturday on the news this a.m. Tommorrow is another day!

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh...and Tony...check out the marine forecast...15-25 knot winds from the southwest...2-4 foot waves. Hang on tight!

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh...and Tony...check out the marine forecast...15-25 knot winds from the southwest...2-4 foot waves. Hang on tight!

Thats the OPEN lake forcast!

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Which is right where I'll be running if he wants to race me! :)

Magic Medicine
07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Which is right where I'll be running if he wants to race me! :)

:sifone::sifone: Whatever do you mean sir????:26:

redhotsommer
07-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, considering I'll be full of fuel and people, I MIGHT be able to run him in some bigger water...though I will be spotting him at least 10 mph...

Throw into the equation that two of those people will be Straight Jacket and Obnoxus...I'm fairly certain they will not be advising me to "slow down and take it easy." :)

OBNOXUS
07-30-2009, 04:17 PM
fire wall that bit@h !!!!!!!!!

Tabs up, drives out, throttles down baby !!!!!!

Tony M
07-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Which is right where I'll be running if he wants to race me! :) :leaving: For One Thing Only And Not For Who Has What ! What You All Have Made Of It Is Nuts , Kathie is In A Cast so I'l be the Slooow Poke, End Of AUGUST Is Differnt , I Hope To Take My Class Again !!! :driving: :sifone:

redhotsommer
07-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Damn dude...she is TOUGH! Still looks like its gonna be a little bumpy...1-3s nearshore...but the bigger problem will be the wind when we try to raft up....15-25 knots. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BRING ANCHORS!

Magic Medicine
07-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Damn dude...she is TOUGH! Still looks like its gonna be a little bumpy...1-3s nearshore...but the bigger problem will be the wind when we try to raft up....15-25 knots. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BRING ANCHORS!

Anchors and docklines thicker than an 1/4"

MILD THUNDER
07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm seeing 60% chance of storms after 1pm now. Can't we get a break!!

Magic Medicine
07-31-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm seeing 60% chance of storms after 1pm now. Can't we get a break!!

Postive thinking!

Tony M
07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Damn dude...she is TOUGH! Still looks like its gonna be a little bumpy...1-3s nearshore...but the bigger problem will be the wind when we try to raft up....15-25 knots. EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BRING ANCHORS! About You Guys Talking Trash , Have Not Even Tried The New Blade, 2nd Time It's Been Lab Hopefully It's Correct. :cuss: :sifone:

Tony M
07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
I'v Got Two Anckors Should I Bring Both , So We Got Someone Else Covered ? [I Know It's Extra WEIGHT In My Boat Which Is Always Struggling To Get Places] ! "tee-hee" Also Have GOOSE EGGS ! On Board Hope They Make It There.

MILD THUNDER
07-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I might have to bail on the party if its gonna rain all afternoon. Sunday is looking real nice though

redhotsommer
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Don't puss out Joe!

Tony M
07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
:confused:
Don't puss out Joe!For Four Hours , Last I Heard 1 to3s Possilable Small Craft Warrnings / If So I'm Going To Go The Puzzy Way Up The River, Through Down Town Out The CHICAGO LOCKS And Up Alittle And Left ,Then North And I Made It:driving: :rofl: "If By Chance It Get Changed To Sunday Can Someone Call Me, At Any Time" You Know My Work Hours SUCK So Maybe I Can Grab A Few More Zzzzz's . JOE If Your Worried About The Drives I Got Room In The Baby Boat Be A Blast Going Up The "RIVER WITH Jew" CUZZ ! ca-pish?. :biggrinjester: :willy_nilly: :biggrinjester: :sifone:

Tony M
08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
:confused:For Four Hours , Last I Heard 1 to3s Possilable Small Craft Warrnings / If So I'm Going To Go The Puzzy Way Up The River, Through Down Town Out The CHICAGO LOCKS And Up Alittle And Left ,Then North And I Made It:driving: :rofl: "If By Chance It Get Changed To Sunday Can Someone Call Me, At Any Time" You Know My Work Hours SUCK So Maybe I Can Grab A Few More Zzzzz's . JOE If Your Worried About The Drives I Got Room In The Baby Boat Be A Blast Going Up The "RIVER WITH Jew" CUZZ ! ca-pish?. :biggrinjester: :willy_nilly: :biggrinjester: :sifone: TIME , Just Got Pimp [1] One Dock Line From Some Red Long Nose Boat , Bastages !:cuss::willynilly::boxingsmiley:: :ack2::seeya:

MILD THUNDER
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
What a day yesterday was! Once we left hammond, Art blew his motor 1/2 mile out of there. Ended up having to go back all the way to Sunset bay with him since he couldnt steer his boat on one engine. That was a 4hr detour I didnt enjoy with it downpouring on me the whole idle down the river and back. Finally made the party when just about everyone was leaving.

Today was MUCH better. just laid at the beach tied up to matt with the Bullet. Very relaxing. Figured i would throw some more gas in at hammond before we headed back. All the fuel pumps were shut down! Spent 1 1/2 hrs getting fuel!

FYI 3 Blades SUCK on my boat! Getting on plane was just about impossible, and at 4k rpm, about 45mph. Compared to 55mph with my maximus. Guzzled some fuel!

Tony, how did u make out? Last i heard you made it to river city??

Tony M
08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
What a day yesterday was! Once we left hammond, Art blew his motor 1/2 mile out of there. Ended up having to go back all the way to Sunset bay with him since he couldnt steer his boat on one engine. That was a 4hr detour I didnt enjoy with it downpouring on me the whole idle down the river and back. Finally made the party when just about everyone was leaving.

Today was MUCH better. just laid at the beach tied up to matt with the Bullet. Very relaxing. Figured i would throw some more gas in at hammond before we headed back. All the fuel pumps were shut down! Spent 1 1/2 hrs getting fuel!

FYI 3 Blades SUCK on my boat! Getting on plane was just about impossible, and at 4k rpm, about 45mph. Compared to 55mph with my maximus. Guzzled some fuel!

Tony, how did u make out? Last i heard you made it to river city?? Dont Want To Ever Repeat, Got Home Sunday @ 630pm A verry Costly Day :cuss:

redhotsommer
08-03-2009, 07:28 AM
After leaving 1-1/2 hours after we were supposed to Saturday (just in time for the rain to start...nothing like getting hit in the face with rain @ 60 mph), losing Joe and Art, and watching Rich's rootertail run away into the distance...my mood was not good. We attempted anchoring just outside the chaos of the bad influence crew that had already arrived, only to slowly drift away in that stupid freakin' wind...the anchors couldn't hold because all that was on the bottom was WEEDS. Rich's OL nearly got clipped by a raft of about 10 boats swinging by, so he bailled. I decided I wanted out as well, collected what things and people we could, and milled around the party for another 1/2 hour or so...just in time for Joe to show up! Little Dennis and I took off...and I noticed no water pressure on my starboard motor and it was heating up. Shut it down just off Navy Pier, where the waves were about 4 foot coming from every direction...I started idling out of the breakwall for a little protection from the wind and I look over at D...he's got his hatch up as well! His port motor was overheating...offshore pickups sucked up a bunch of weeds. I took a swim and yanked a huge clump of weeds out of my pickups...fired it up and and the pressure went right up to normal and the temp dropped. Ended up idling all the way over to Burnham to grab a dock and fix the Scarab...pulled the pump and removed a ton of weeds, but he had already smoked the impeller, so we had to run off and on all the way back to Hammond. Covered the boat, left it in a slip overnight, and went home to forget about the day.

Yesterday, however, was awesome. Great day at Boater's Beach with the T-dockers...sorry you couldn't stay Leo...post some pics of our ride over if you can!

StraightJacket
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow looks like I made a good call and stayed at the shop and worked on the boat all day. I was also dry. Got the motor mounts all made up .

MILD THUNDER
08-03-2009, 04:32 PM
After leaving 1-1/2 hours after we were supposed to Saturday (just in time for the rain to start...nothing like getting hit in the face with rain @ 60 mph), losing Joe and Art, and watching Rich's rootertail run away into the distance...my mood was not good. We attempted anchoring just outside the chaos of the bad influence crew that had already arrived, only to slowly drift away in that stupid freakin' wind...the anchors couldn't hold because all that was on the bottom was WEEDS. Rich's OL nearly got clipped by a raft of about 10 boats swinging by, so he bailled. I decided I wanted out as well, collected what things and people we could, and milled around the party for another 1/2 hour or so...just in time for Joe to show up! Little Dennis and I took off...and I noticed no water pressure on my starboard motor and it was heating up. Shut it down just off Navy Pier, where the waves were about 4 foot coming from every direction...I started idling out of the breakwall for a little protection from the wind and I look over at D...he's got his hatch up as well! His port motor was overheating...offshore pickups sucked up a bunch of weeds. I took a swim and yanked a huge clump of weeds out of my pickups...fired it up and and the pressure went right up to normal and the temp dropped. Ended up idling all the way over to Burnham to grab a dock and fix the Scarab...pulled the pump and removed a ton of weeds, but he had already smoked the impeller, so we had to run off and on all the way back to Hammond. Covered the boat, left it in a slip overnight, and went home to forget about the day.

Yesterday, however, was awesome. Great day at Boater's Beach with the T-dockers...sorry you couldn't stay Leo...post some pics of our ride over if you can!

Oh, not sure how much fuel you guys went thru, but I burned thru about 600 bucks worth with those damn 3 blades! :ack2:

Gina and I were bummed saturday night, we were hoping to catch up with Mike and Michelle for a drink or two back at hammond. Maybe next time!

MILD THUNDER
08-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Wow looks like I made a good call and stayed at the shop and worked on the boat all day. I was also dry. Got the motor mounts all made up .

They say, "a bad day boating beats a good day working". That statement is malarky!

I did pull my anchor up after being in the playpen, and there was enough seaweed on it to fill up a city trash can. Im guessing all the boats out there with anchors out stirred up a lot of seaweed, hence the issues with lil d, mikey, and tony.

Tony M
08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
You Could Dry That $hit Out And sell It On The Conner you Could Be A F-en Millionare,So Far A Compleat Water pump Kit,All Water Lines Getting Blowen Out , BLA Bla Bla Bab la, Third Trip Back To Bblades Goes My 30p Hope To Have It Back By The 14th, So Far This Year $ucks. :confused:

Exhilaration
08-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Well I had a great week-end! Maybe I'm only looking at the bright side. We got on anchor in the pen, and the Scene boats pulled right on front of us about 5 minutes later. It was perfect. About 3:30 their whole line started shifting towards us. They thought I was moving. Went to get the nice Fortress anchor up, and no way. Several guys on the crusers gave it a whirl also. No way! With no room around us to get it released, I had to cut it. Made a nice run with Red Hot on Sunday. Thanks Mike, that was fun. My daughter Natalie drove back to Hammond from boaters. Ran out of gas on the port engine about a mile from the harbor entrance. Both tanks were full on Friday. Anytime I burn that much gas, I know I had a good time. The water was the best! Mike I'll get some picture up!

Exhilaration
08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Sunday fun with Mike and Michelle. Mike was making the best of the conditions, and get some great air. Natalie had her hands full with the camera, trying to run next to them.

Magic Medicine
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
What a weekend! The camper top came in handy!