PDA

View Full Version : Updated status

Pages : [1] 2

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:02 AM
OK so it is finally at the shop and dad and I took this week off to get a jump on things. Ok so I blew up my Road King and I cancelled my road trip. But so far we got a good start on it.

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Here we are starting the Mock up, and a shot of the new bottom.

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Ok a Gratuitous shot of my bike, and the lay out of the dash.

redhotsommer
07-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Go to bed, you have to be at my house in 6-1/2 hours!

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Got the boxes on during day one of this week, and day 2 we got the Drives , steering, and tabs on. Eddie Marine sent us 2 left tabs but I must say since we got them a year ago they where more than happy to send us a new one to install. Props to those guys.

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:30 AM
Side view of the drive set up, yes there is a high X . You gotta love having to cut holes in perfectly good Fiberglass. And one of the engines in place, No drive shafts as of yet had to have them made up so we can set angles and make motor mounts.

StraightJacket
07-25-2009, 01:35 AM
These are the last of the ones I took, got the gauges mounted in , and now to wire them up yo the Buss bars. Got the seat position figured out now to make new mounts and mod the pedestels. Hope to this week get some of the bilge done. I off tomarrow with Hippie to go on North points fun run, I need one day off on my Vacation.

MarylandMark
07-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Go to bed, you have to be at my house in 6-1/2 hours!

:sifone:

Nice progress!

Magic Medicine
07-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Look good Brian! Those drives do stick way off the transom

Exhilaration
07-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey, look's really good! Hope to see you later todat!

OBNOXUS
07-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Ok a Gratuitous shot of my bike,

friggin handlebars !!!!!!!

Tony M
07-25-2009, 12:18 PM
friggin handlebars !!!!!!! But What A LUCKY Seat ! "sniff sniff snnnniff !" :sifone:

Payton
07-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey, I've seen that bike before. Something looks different.

Keep up the good work Brian, the boat is looking great.

jayhawk261
08-21-2009, 09:26 AM
WOW! Looking good Brian! When is hull #002 coming out of the mold?

ICDEDPPL
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
That is awesome!

StraightJacket
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
WOW! Looking good Brian! When is hull #002 coming out of the mold?

Not sure as of yet, He has a guy interested in building one with a big single. We ( I ) have enough broke projects to keep me going for while. But you never know with us.

Kind of at a stand still waiting on parts, and I'm doing the wiring. Took the boxes back off to change the bearings and seals. Think I'm going to sand them down and paint them silver . I have to make new mount plates for the seats and I'm going to drop them down 2"s. Just trying to figure out where to mount the Batteries and trim pumps. Might put them all on the bulk head in front of the dash, to try and keep the engine compartment clean and easier to work in.

Davidmnc
08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
friggin handlebars !!!!!!!

:iagree:

I would like to see the rest of the pics taken of your bike that day in the BB section!!!! :26::26:

Oh yea. The boat is nice too!

StraightJacket
08-21-2009, 04:53 PM

I would like to see the rest of the pics taken of your bike that day in the BB section!!!! :26::26:

Oh yea. The boat is nice too!

I would but I don't have the proper Clearance to enter that section

jayhawk261
08-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll take mine with black gel coat hull and bright white deck. Oh, it needs to be set up for sit down seats too!

Looks great. Any ideas as to the cost of materials and labor for a completed unrigged hull? It's a sharp ride and I could be talked into one when you decide you'd like to make some more.

Keep up the good work Brian! We need to make a trip up to Chi Town soon!

jayhawk261
08-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Or, you guys could always make a run down to OK. You know Labor Day is coming!

OBNOXUS
08-22-2009, 05:07 PM
we will be in the Ozarks !!!!!

StraightJacket
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Actually this is going to be more of a sit down than a stand up. Not a alot of free-board in it with the center tank. If we do saddle tanks I can have the floor dropped. I think I'm going to design and build an air seat frames for the front seats this winter.

Not sure of what a bare hull would run cost wise as of yet but i might be able to find out. This hull is heavy at 3300 but the next one will be built lighter hope around 2300 or less.

MrCig
08-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Any more current pics?

Mark

StraightJacket
08-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Any more current pics?

Mark

No not yet, doesn't really look like much right now. Took the boxes off to Paint and redo the bearings. Got all the Running Lites on it, and the surface mount horns, Side vents, steering wheel and switch panels, bilge pumps, blower, and pulling all the wiring and starting that end of it.

I had Niels boat in there for a few days , WOW what a nice piece of history , told him I would help him when he is ready to re rig it.

cashbrain
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I had Niels boat in there for a few days , WOW what a nice piece of history , told him I would help him when he is ready to re rig it.

Are you talking about my old boat..LONGSHOT?

redhotsommer
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
OK boys and girls...time for me to pick up the ball and run with this one since Ol Brian doesn't know how to work a camera, much less a computer...interfacing the two is not something they teach in redneck school. HOWEVER...he must've taken an advanced class in boat rigging, as the Python is coming along nicely...and not even my help is screwing things up! Here's the latest pics:

Nearly complete transom...Stellings ext boxes have been painted silver and re-installed, along with drives (with the addition of some new bearings). Steering has been hooked up, along with the hydrualic lines for the drive trim and tab trim.

New transom plates...full custom 1/4 steel...so now the motor positioning has to be reset, as these are a lot thinner than the stock ones. Much cleaner look, for sure.

Throttles, shifters, and corresponding cables have been hooked up, and just needs to be mounted permanently.

redhotsommer
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Port side of the dash...notice the drive and tab trim switches reciprocating the driver-controlled ones. All the electrics are wired up...all the lights are LED, including a nifty electrically-raised telescoping stern light.

Trim and drive indicators are now in place and cables hooked up. The location on top of the "windscreen" means the boat cover will have to be modified...when the drives are pulled out, the indicators will be sticking all the way up! I have to tool some aluminum for the indicators.

Also note the starter switches on the panel just above the steering wheel...trick "racecar" inspired toggle switches with covers. No keys for this bad boy.

redhotsommer
11-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Behind the scenes action...in order to save room and make for a cleaner appearance in the engine compartment, all the trim pumps, and of course the steering pump (no power assist! Power steering takes horsepower away...duh!) have been mounted in the "cabin." The plumbing still needs to be cleaned up and fastened, but it is all hooked up.

The underside of the indicators...Brian custom made the bracket mount and the mounting plate.

That's all for now. Big projects in the future include cutting 2" off the seat bases and making mounting plates to secure them to the stringers...a problem with the mounting positions that had to be compensated for is the fact that the original boat had pedestal seats which did not interfere with the center-mounted fuel tank. The bolsters would, and thus have to be customized a bit. Also, swinging the motors in and making new mid-plates for the motor mounts to accommodate the slightly different positioning.

The other strategic advance has been the naming of the boat, which will invariably be: STRAIGHT JACKET.

MarylandMark
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Any concern with the switches mounted on the side? Idiots bumping them coming in/out of cabin? PITA having to look around the corner to see what is being pushed?

Glad to see this build moving forward!

redhotsommer
11-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Not at all Mark. Getting in and out of the cabin is not only difficult (even for me, and I'm NOT a big dude)...it should be relatively unneccesary as it is totally unfinished. Nuthin' but stringers and bulkheads and storage space down there!

SC288
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Very cool Mike....does Sr. plan on having it up and running for next Summer?

redhotsommer
11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
That's the plan Mike. Under a normal circumstance, when there's a new boat in the crew, I usually just say "Damn...can't wait to ride in that one!" This time, I said "I wanna DRIVE."

OBNOXUS
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Very cool Mike....does Sr. plan on having it up and running for next Summer?

I just left Sr. a bit ago,,,, did some brainstorming,,,, gave Tony M some sandpaper to scuff the drives for painting :26:.

He gave him a bunch of help today along with Mike

Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be running by Christmas.:driving:

ICDEDPPL
11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Great job, boat is lookin awesome! The name is great. Keep up the good work

MILD THUNDER
11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Lookin good!!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Coming along nicely!!!!! Great job!

Tony M
11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I just left Sr. a bit ago,,,, did some brainstorming,,,, gave Tony M some sandpaper to scuff the drives for painting :26:.

He gave him a bunch of help today along with Mike

Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be running by Christmas.:driving: Scuff This Drive ! :26: :sifone: :ack2:

MILD THUNDER
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
A phone call woulda been nice BTW......I wouldnt have minded coming by to lend a hand....jerks :boxing_smiley: :leaving:

B.Z.
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
A phone call woulda been nice BTW......I wouldnt have minded coming by to lend a hand....jerks :boxing_smiley: :leaving:

ditto......

redhotsommer
11-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Wasn't like a big party or anything, boys! So far, it's been mostly Brian himself doing the work, and me popping my head in there whenever I can. Sunday was a rarity, as Bri wasn't driving Sat. night due to the benefit.

OBNOXUS
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
and I just popped in on the tail end on my way home from the shop

Tony M
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM

ditto...... Pops is not going to ask for help, I know his work hours as he goes up to dam near the same place I do so from time to time we hook up, He does like slow steady work so there fewer mistakes made . :chillpill: :sifone:

Roger 1
12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Behind the scenes action...in order to save room and make for a cleaner appearance in the engine compartment, all the trim pumps, and of course the steering pump (no power assist! Power steering takes horsepower away...duh!) have been mounted in the "cabin." The plumbing still needs to be cleaned up and fastened, but it is all hooked up.

The underside of the indicators...Brian custom made the bracket mount and the mounting plate.

That's all for now. Big projects in the future include cutting 2" off the seat bases and making mounting plates to secure them to the stringers...a problem with the mounting positions that had to be compensated for is the fact that the original boat had pedestal seats which did not interfere with the center-mounted fuel tank. The bolsters would, and thus have to be customized a bit. Also, swinging the motors in and making new mid-plates for the motor mounts to accommodate the slightly different positioning.

The other strategic advance has been the naming of the boat, which will invariably be: STRAIGHT JACKET.

As Mike said, The seat bases needed to be modified to work. I shortend the legs by two inches and made new mounting plates out of 3/16" stainless steel, as opposed to the original 1/8 " plates, with the inboard mounts offset 2 inches.

Roger 1
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
One more.....

OBNOXUS
12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
looks sweet,,,,,the old guy should have the mid engine plates remade by now with thicker material,,,,,, he was burning through cutoff wheels at a furious pace last I saw,,,,, ( havent talked to him since the weekend ) then we can fab the rear engine mounts and set them in.

He did an awesome job of making brackets for the coolers and other accys.

Its coming along nicely !!!

redhotsommer
12-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Mid-engine plates are done and installed. I was over there Sunday, and Bri and I cut the other one out of 1/4 aluminum plate (was .090!!) with a saber saw. Not quite as quick as the cutoff wheels, and we burned through quite a few of those little blades, but we got it done. Drill pressed all appropriate holes and remounted the plate and the tranny. 2 hours. Done.

So both motors will be fully rigged up and ready to drop in by the end of the week.

Oh yeah...seats and plates look great Roger! Thanks so much for the help!

Hammer01
12-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Mid-engine plates are done and installed. I was over there Sunday, and Bri and I cut the other one out of 1/4 aluminum plate (was .090!!) with a saber saw. Not quite as quick as the cutoff wheels, and we burned through quite a few of those little blades, but we got it done. Drill pressed all appropriate holes and remounted the plate and the tranny. 2 hours. Done.

So both motors will be fully rigged up and ready to drop in by the end of the week.

Looking great guys!!! And btw, great pick up grabbing Roger, he is the man!!! Mikey, take notes my friend, you have two, pardon the pun, Fountains of Information at your sides now. If someone can not learn something from Sr and Roger H, they are not learnable(like my grammar)!!! Congrats guys, keep up the great work and Roger thanks for making the project an even bigger pleasure to watch come together!!! Hammer

DAREDEVIL
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Cool,,,but i would of used steel for the engine plate !!!!!!
Tell Sr. i said hello !!:seeya:

Tony M
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
VERRY COOL !! I'l Talk to him tonight for sure on his way home from Mn.

MILD THUNDER
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM

I was there saturday as Brian was starting to cut out the mid plates. Wish someone had a plasma cutter handy. Everything is looking great. Im sure he is greatful for the little elves coming by lending their hands. Cant wait for spring to see that puppy run.

OBNOXUS
12-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Plasma cutter came up SEVERAL times that day !!! LOL

kerigoff
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
I have to laugh because I think I even mentioned plasma cutter on Saturday. I'll never measure up to my brother but I'll try and help with whatever I can. I think I have more "communist" (dad hates that I work for toyota) knowledge than anything.

Tony M
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I have to laugh because I think I even mentioned plasma cutter on Saturday. I'll never measure up to my brother but I'll try and help with whatever I can. I think I have more "communist" (dad hates that I work for toyota) knowledge than anything. 100 Guys having a good time in comes 1 woman and there goes the party! Tee Hee!!!!:sifone:

OBNOXUS
12-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Shouldnt you be sanding some #4's !!!!!!?????

Magic Medicine
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks for the update, looks like the project is coming along great!

Tony M
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Shouldnt you be sanding some #4's !!!!!!????? You forgot what I told you in our last phone call conversation, as to that sand paper/charmin, Should your memory need to be refresh! :leaving: :cheers2:

Roger 1
12-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Looking great guys!!! And btw, great pick up grabbing Roger, he is the man!!! Mikey, take notes my friend, you have two, pardon the pun, Fountains of Information at your sides now. If someone can not learn something from Sr and Roger H, they are not learnable(like my grammar)!!! Congrats guys, keep up the great work and Roger thanks for making the project an even bigger pleasure to watch come together!!! Hammer

Thanks for the kind words Trent. Give me a call next time you're in town.

Roger

10x
12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
You guys are doing one hellofa great job. Keep up the good work, from the looks of it, this boat's gonna really fly.

thedonz
01-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice project,but how why not staggered ?

redhotsommer
01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Funny you should bring that up. I think that's the one thing Brian would change if he did it again...but when the decision time came, somehow the standard cockpit won out.

OBNOXUS
01-14-2010, 10:00 PM
They wanted to be a pleasure/race boat, not knowing he was going to buy the 38 Fountain also

Like Sommer said,,,,would do different next time !!!

Tony M
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Its comming along most of the wireing is comepleat just need some ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO SOME MINNOR GEL COATING [hint] and it should be almost down hill from there motors are close to being drop in and mock up so the rest of the wireing can be compleat and everything else can be strighten up from there.

redhotsommer
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh for FUUUUQUE'S SAKE...I CANNOT let this one go. Here's what Tony MEANT to type, I'm sure:

It (the boat) is (separate word) coming (corrected spelling) along, (comma) most of the wiring (corrected spelling) is complete (corrected spelling), Brian just need(S) someone (one word!) who knows how to do some minor (corrected spelling) gel coating (I'm thinking his "hint" means you, Den) and it should be almost downhill (one word!) from there. (At this point, the first sentence should end, and a new one starts) THE motors are close to being dropped (corrected tense) in and mocked (corrected tense) up so the rest of the wiring (corrected spelling) can be completed (corrected tense AND spelling) and everything else can be straightened (corrected spelling) up from there. (sentence ends improperly with a prepositional phrase, but I give up.).

MILD THUNDER
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Its comming along most of the wireing is comepleat just need some ONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO SOME MINNOR GEL COATING [hint] and it should be almost down hill from there motors are close to being drop in and mock up so the rest of the wireing can be compleat and everything else can be strighten up from there.

COOL!!!! :driving:

MarylandMark
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh for FUUUUQUE'S SAKE...I CANNOT let this one go. Here's what Tony MEANT to type, I'm sure:

:rofl:

Tony M
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I like to keep every one on their toes but you by far are the sharpest and the fact that you where there always helps. Thank you! once again.

OBNOXUS
01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
spell check that focker !!!!!!!!

lil icon,,,,top right of the text box

nah,,,,, this is more fun !!!!!

Exhilaration
01-26-2010, 01:35 AM
HEY!!! That's what he said!

Tony M
01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
spell check that focker !!!!!!!!

lil icon,,,,top right of the text box

nah,,,,, this is more fun !!!!! and show me where that lil icon is at on my computer can't find that [focker] :toetap05: :iamwithstupid:

OBNOXUS
01-26-2010, 10:00 AM
and show me where that lil icon is at on my computer can't find that [focker] :toetap05: :iamwithstupid:

its the abc with a check mark under it,,,,,,, top right corner of the box you type in.:toetap05:

redhotsommer
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Dude...if Tony hits that button, the computer might explode. Leave it alone, Ton, just leave it alone.

scarrab30
01-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Can't we all just get along? They cancelled my run last night; so I'll be at the marina . I think I'll get out the gellcoat.

scarrab30
01-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey Mikey, Don't be to hard on old tony, he aint got no fancy piece o paper ta hang on da wall. Da only piece a paper we got's comes on a roll,and get's stuck in r but crack.

redhotsommer
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I'll swing by after work.

OBNOXUS
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I think I'll get out the gellcoat.

UH,,,,, NO !!!!!!!!! :cuss::willy_nilly:

Tony M
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
UH,,,,, NO !!!!!!!!! :cuss::willy_nilly:thinks you best get your a z z over there he ant jokeing heats on over there now.:cheers2:

:smash:

redhotsommer
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Well...Mild Thunder Joe stopped by yesterday to check out the progress, so Brian promptly put him to work. I showed up later in the afternoon, and we proceeded to set up the "furniture"...drilled all the holes for the bolster bases after meticulously determining where the seats should be. Then, we corrected the 1/4" disparity in the vertical orientation of the port-side drive by removing the inside transom plate and wallering out the hole where the plate was hanging up on a stud. Bingo...went right to where it was supposed to be.

If anyone is gonna be around this weekend and wants to maybe help swing an engine in...let scarrab30 know...I'll be sleddin...

MILD THUNDER
01-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, and Brian even let me use the high power dewalt drill to drill the holes!

Not really that much more to do...coming along nicely!

kerigoff
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
I talked to dad this morning and asked him if he got some stuff accomplished. You should of heard the spark in his voice, he was so pleased. Thanks to all of you!
Maybe Sunday we can put Morgan in charge of the gelcoat and I can help with the other stuff! LOL

MrCig
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Well...Mild Thunder Joe stopped by yesterday to check out the progress, so Brian promptly put him to work. I showed up later in the afternoon, and we proceeded to set up the "furniture"...drilled all the holes for the bolster bases after meticulously determining where the seats should be. Then, we corrected the 1/4" disparity in the vertical orientation of the port-side drive by removing the inside transom plate and wallering out the hole where the plate was hanging up on a stud. Bingo...went right to where it was supposed to be.

If anyone is gonna be around this weekend and wants to maybe help swing an engine in...let scarrab30 know...I'll be sleddin...

I can help get the motors in I do them in my sleep. LOL

So looks like progress is being made.

Mark

OBNOXUS
01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I have no plans this weekend,,,,, lemme know !!!!!!!

Tony M
01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
I have no plans this weekend,,,,, lemme know !!!!!!! Ask for help Just show up or call he is always happy that way. :seeya:

Magic Medicine
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Sounds like its coming along nicely! Can't wait to see it on da water!

Tony M
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM

If anyone is gonna be around this weekend and wants to maybe help swing an engine in...let scarrab30 know...I'll be sleddin... DID You Guys ever set those holes up things wet like Clock Work! :boxing_smiley: Today was a wash every hole is right by a stringer can't get chitt done till Pops makes new plates for the bottom of the deck so seats can be fasten down Correctly , and where worried about people and there Phrases! thank the guy from down the street to show us a better way to "get r dunn" ! always new the thinken guys were worth something. :sifone: Thanks Sam!

MILD THUNDER
01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
DID You Guys ever set those holes up things wet like Clock Work! :boxing_smiley: Today was a wash every hole is right by a stringer can't get chitt done till Pops makes new plates for the bottom of the deck so seats can be fasten down Correctly , and where worried about people and there Phrases! thank the guy from down the street to show us a better way to "get r dunn" ! always new the thinken guys were worth something. :sifone: Thanks Sam!

No go on the glassed in inserts? I do like the thru bolting better, but Im pretty sure any cig, fountain, formula or donzi uses glassed in threaded inserts to secure the bolsters to the floor. Wasn't really many options to access the bottom side of floor, especially on the sides closest to the gunnels. Either way keep us posted!

Whats tomorrows plan??

OBNOXUS
01-30-2010, 11:36 PM
talked to SR. this afternoon,,,,,was in bed sick all day......nut serts are not for seats.

Im gonna head there in the am,,,,,I have a couple ideas for the seats

MILD THUNDER
01-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Theres no doubt in my mind thru bolting is the best. However, I really cannot see how you can access underneath the outer side. Even if a deck plate access panel was installed under the bolster, the outer stringers would still be in the way. I think i'd take a epoxied in stainless insert over some builders who use wood screws into the floor. Even most of them seem to hold up well until the wood begins to deteriorate in the floor many years later. I found some stainless inserts that actually thread into plastic/wood kinda like a helicoil. I would bet those things once epoxied in would hold real well.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/168248-bolsters-need-anchored-floor-better-any-ideas.html

Tony M
01-31-2010, 06:19 AM
The guy down the block "Sam I think" had show pops how to get it with some kind of way with a small plate under the bottom of the floor , hell we left there again after 5pm

DAREDEVIL
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Theres no doubt in my mind thru bolting is the best. However, I really cannot see how you can access underneath the outer side. Even if a deck plate access panel was installed under the bolster, the outer stringers would still be in the way. I think i'd take a epoxied in stainless insert over some builders who use wood screws into the floor. Even most of them seem to hold up well until the wood begins to deteriorate in the floor many years later. I found some stainless inserts that actually thread into plastic/wood kinda like a helicoil. I would bet those things once epoxied in would hold real well.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/168248-bolsters-need-anchored-floor-better-any-ideas.html

If the woold goes , the inserts won't hold either !!!!!!

SS -SCREWS and 5200 on the pre drilled holes and screws !!!!!!!!

That is the way its done 99% by factory !!!

I never ripped a seat out of a boat , and i stuffed a 33 @ 70 once ( happend in 1999, in a 1990 boat ), the bulkheads broke loose , the seats are still there today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my 2 c , don't make it harder then it really is...........

I know all of u want to help SR, but i laso think the more cooks stirr the more screw up its gonna be .

Don't confuse SR to much.

Ohhh, and please don't see this as an atack......i am just saying this because i have been there !!!!

OBNOXUS
01-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Problem with nut zerts is once everything loosens up from normal use, then the zerts loose there grip and everything just spins,,,,THEN WHAT !!!!!????

Roger 1
01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Make matching " sister" plates for the mounting flanges and sandwich the floor between them. No nutserts. drill and tap the plate or tack weld (with a healthy tack) matching stainless steel nuts on them.

Roger

OBNOXUS
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Make matching " sister" plates for the mounting flanges and sandwich the floor between them. No nutserts. drill and tap the plate or tack weld (with a healthy tack) matching stainless steel nuts on them.

Roger

EXACTALLY !!!!!!!!!! and tack whatever we need to it to be able to reach to where the seat base is

Roger 1
01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
EXACTALLY !!!!!!!!!! and tack whatever we need to it to be able to reach to where the seat base is

....or find out which "crew member" has the most "spider monkey" like arms and make him (or her) hold the plate while someone else gets it started.

MILD THUNDER
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM

Roger

That would be awesome. Its hard to picture, but i guess i can try to explain.

The cockpit floor is one piece, including the gunnels. There is no fuel tank access panel or anything like that. From the rear (bilge), the bulkhead runs all the way to the top of the back seat. From the cabin, you can see between the stringers to the bottom side of where the inside bolster plate screws would go, probably about 4FT or so back. The outer side, due to a bulkhead between the hullside and outer stringer, you cannot see, maybe a octopus may have a chance at accessing the bottom side.

Then there was the issue of the bolsters physical location in the cockpit. With the current bases, (which are AWESOME, Great job on those) the seats ideal position, pretty much puts them right over the stringers.

MILD THUNDER
01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Since we were talking about nutserts, check these out. According to their chart, a 8mm self tapping threaded quicksert, installed in fiberglass, shows 21000 Newtons of axial pullout force. That comes to 4720 lbs if my math is correct. A 6mm insert, is about 12000 Newtons, or 2697 lbs.

I would like to think that 15+ of those installed in each bolster would be plenty!

http://www2.boellhoff.com/web/centres.nsf/Files/AMTEC_GB_0200/$FILE/AMTEC_GB_0200.pdf

Roger 1
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
That would be awesome. Its hard to picture, but i guess i can try to explain.

The cockpit floor is one piece, including the gunnels. There is no fuel tank access panel or anything like that. From the rear (bilge), the bulkhead runs all the way to the top of the back seat. From the cabin, you can see between the stringers to the bottom side of where the inside bolster plate screws would go, probably about 4FT or so back. The outer side, due to a bulkhead between the hullside and outer stringer, you cannot see, maybe a octopus may have a chance at accessing the bottom side.

Then there was the issue of the bolsters physical location in the cockpit. With the current bases, (which are AWESOME, Great job on those) the seats ideal position, pretty much puts them right over the stringers.

Thank you for the compliment. Now, is the mounting flange in question for the seat base right over the stringer or off to the side?

MILD THUNDER
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Thank you for the compliment. Now, is the mounting flange in question for the seat base right over the stringer or off to the side?

With the seat positioned, the flange is pretty much on top of the stringer.

MarylandMark
01-31-2010, 06:10 PM
http://www2.boellhoff.com/web/centres.nsf/Files/AMTEC_GB_0200/$FILE/AMTEC_GB_0200.pdf

Uploaded!

Roger 1
01-31-2010, 06:14 PM
With the seat positioned, the flange is pretty much on top of the stringer.

A couple of different ideas come to mind. With the one that you can access the back of, the sister plate would work. For the one over the stringer, I guess that you could shoot some screws into it after sealing them real good. Or, you could cut out a section of the floor slightly larger than the mounting flange and mount a piece of stainless or aluminm angle to the side of the stringer so it reaches back over the top and use the horizonal surface as a sister plate . After the sister plate/angle was finnished, that floor section could be glassed back in and the bolts would pass through it on their way to the angle.

OBNOXUS
01-31-2010, 06:21 PM
went by ther today and no one was there ..... where ya at Sr. !!!!???

scarrab30
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
I was there, Mark, Keri and Ryan were too. They got it figured out. I just was a spectator while Mark was on his knees. Ryan is carpenter and suggested pluging the holes, then use modified lags. I'm so glad they showed up as they had a much easier and fool proof way. I are a happy camper again. Thanks Mark, Ryan and Keri.

MILD THUNDER
01-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I was there, Mark, Keri and Ryan were too. They got it figured out. I just was a spectator while Mark was on his knees. Ryan is carpenter and suggested pluging the holes, then use modified lags. I'm so glad they showed up as they had a much easier and fool proof way. I are a happy camper again. Thanks Mark, Ryan and Keri.

Great news!!!!!!!! :cheers2:

OBNOXUS
01-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Awesome !!! what time did you guys bug out?

I came by on my way back up from Kanakakee and there wasnt a car in the parking lot

I waited for your call this morning,,,,,,but I guess I should know better !!!!! LOL

scarrab30
01-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Keri and I left about 4 o'clock. I thought maybe you were under the weather. so no big deal. Roger, I was in the process of makeing marry up plates. Everything you did was perfect. It was on the other end they got bugered up.

OBNOXUS
01-31-2010, 10:32 PM
better today,,,,stayed in bed late,,,, ran some errands then went to the marina

Good news is its going to warm up so we can do the gelcoat !!!!

Tony M
02-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesome !!! what time did you guys bug out?

I came by on my way back up from Kanakakee and there wasnt a car in the parking lot

I waited for your call this morning,,,,,,but I guess I should know better !!!!! LOL "Kankakee" - Correct Spelling . :sifone:

OBNOXUS
02-01-2010, 10:08 AM
sorry,,,,,I was trying to type so you could understand as well as everyone else,,,,, that was my compromise

Tony M
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM
sorry,,,,,I was trying to type so you could understand as well as everyone else,,,,, that was my compromise :icon_bs: :sifone:

Cig Flat Deck
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
did you get the bolsters in today? if you didnt im off on tuesday if you need a hand just let me now.
Ryan
(708)935-9382

kerigoff
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Talked to dad last night and he was happy to report that he got them in! Easy as pie!

Cig Flat Deck
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Glad to hear it worked out good for him. now he can get that off his mind and get some sleep. let me know if you guys need anymore help.
Ryan

MrCig
02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Good to hear things are progressing again.

Ryan, How are the graphics coming?

Mark:cheers2:

Cig Flat Deck
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Went there today the red is right there with the step plate we grabed should have it all drawn up wednesday and in hand if he appoves the font thursday or friday

redhotsommer
02-03-2010, 07:02 AM
What graphics are you guys doing?

Cig Flat Deck
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Brian wanted the name across the back name of boat on the front fairing and bad influence down the side

redhotsommer
02-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Call me before you do anything.

Roger 1
02-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Call me before you do anything.

Yep. Don't need no misspelt wurds on the grafexs...:eek:

redhotsommer
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Jooo' gots it, mang!

Thx again for the help Ryan!

scarrab30
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Mike, I was really thinking about a rainbow flag on the back. And maybe some petunia's on the front cowl. Mark and Ryan thought, I ought to put peewee herman on the sides for the tough guy image.

Tony M
02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Mike, I was really thinking about a rainbow flag on the back. And maybe some petunia's on the front cowl. Mark and Ryan thought, I ought to put peewee herman on the sides for the tough guy image. Summ of them ther chicken lites! :ack2: :sifone: and some of them frog lites on the front part of that ther machine?

redhotsommer
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
You are gonna have to find a place for these stickers as well:

Cig Flat Deck
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey mike did you forget to e mail me last night . just want to clear things up it was marks idea not mine for the peewee decal

redhotsommer
02-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Check your pm's Ryan.

OBNOXUS
02-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Magic Medicine
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM

nicely done:cheers2:

redhotsommer
02-04-2010, 03:19 PM
And to think...I did that all by myself using the Paint program on my computer. Took me like 5 whole minutes. Came out purty durn good.

OBNOXUS
02-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Nice of you to include one for Tony !!!!!

Tony M
02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Nice of you to include one for Tony !!!!! You need to get your fingers working on somebodies boat instead of having your fingers where a suppository goes the owner could get er dunn! :ack2: :leaving:

MarylandMark
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
yep. Don't need no misspelt wurds on the grafexs...:eek:

lol!!!!

scarrab30
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Mike, I think i'd like to get the (old fart racin)decal made in cloth. so, I could sew it on my underware, since they all have racin stripes.

Magic Medicine
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Mike, I think i'd like to get the (old fart racin)decal made in cloth. so, I could sew it on my underware, since they all have racin stripes.

:eek:

OBNOXUS
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
eewwwwwww !!!!!!

redhotsommer
02-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Stay classy, Brian. ;)

redhotsommer
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Brought my camera to the marina yesterday...the Old Fart, Tony, and I were there for the afternoon getting the wire harnesses straightened out. Not a lot of visual difference, but this is where she stands:

Cockpit with the seats in...
Sea strainers...
Old Fart himself working on some wirin'...

redhotsommer
02-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Couple shots of a powerplant...

Tony M
02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Great Shots Mike! Shouldnt be to long now.

Magic Medicine
02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Looking good!

Kool-Aid Man
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Looking good indeed.........

Hammer01
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Looks to me like Brian's priorities are right, he was wiring the mood lighting in the cabin, right????? Or was it the automatic inflatable dolls????? Looking great buddy, cant wait to see it run. I think I will definitely be front row for the Shootout!!!!! Great Job!!!

will803sc
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Looks good.

B.Z.
03-03-2010, 02:02 PM
need more updates......

OBNOXUS
03-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Cheryl and I went there last Sat.

Sr and his neighbor were setting the valves.

I did the first coat of gelcoat.

Plan is to mount the tabs and make the motor mounts this sat and hopefully set the motors in for the last time.

I want to hear a bark this weekend !!!!!

Tony M
03-04-2010, 09:22 AM
Cheryl and I went there last Sat.

Sr and his neighbor were setting the valves.

I did the first coat of gelcoat.

Plan is to mount the tabs and make the motor mounts this sat and hopefully set the motors in for the last time.

I want to hear a bark this weekend !!!!! That was Sunday ! The owner was not back from st paul till early sunday morning , this Sunday both might be "barking" # 2 is all primed and waiting . :cheers2: :smash:

MILD THUNDER
03-04-2010, 11:16 AM
AWESOME! Maybe this warmup will melt some of that ice early....test runs in early april!!

kerigoff
03-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Dennis and Cheryl,
Morgan and I just missed you guys! Saw you at the light at Nebraska.

OBNOXUS
03-04-2010, 05:32 PM
That was Sunday ! The owner was not back from st paul till early sunday morning , this Sunday both might be "barking" # 2 is all primed and waiting . :cheers2: :smash:

Thats what I meant !!!!!

Now all we need is you to finish sanding the d@mn drives !!!!!! :ack2:

OBNOXUS
03-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Dennis and Cheryl,
Morgan and I just missed you guys! Saw you at the light at Nebraska.

:( Maybe next time !!!!?????

Tony M
03-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Thats what I meant !!!!!

Now all we need is you to finish sanding the d@mn drives !!!!!! :ack2: I'l Get Right on it After you show me how that 80 grit feels on your chubby Cheeks! Mr Whipple. :toetap05: :kiss:.

Tony M
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
ANOTHER UP DATE ! one of the boxes has got to go back to be work on .

OBNOXUS
03-07-2010, 06:24 PM
todays update

Tony M
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Sure Was nice to hear those Big Dogs Bark . As was said today "COME ON SUMMER" !

MILD THUNDER
03-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Sure Was nice to hear those Big Dogs Bark . As was said today "COME ON SUMMER" !

I admit, my pants were getting a little tight while they were running! I had to go use the restroom :leaving:

Kool-Aid Man
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes it was nice to hear some motors roar!!

OBNOXUS
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
my feet are finally warm and dry !!!

Tony M
03-08-2010, 07:55 AM
my feet are finally warm and dry !!! IF I did'nt know better I would thaught you where thinking about 1 of my x's :ack2: So you must have on your Fuzzy Elmer Fudd Slippers on & A Shot of that Honey Turkey:cheers2: . :sifone: " You did a Nice Job D" :sifone:

scarrab30
03-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys, it was nice to have the company. The only thing I have problem with, is it took a ford to start the motors! Tony, how come you left when the sand paper came out?

MrCig
03-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Better Built Ford Tough!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got them fired up.

MArk:USA:

redhotsommer
03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
ANOTHER UP DATE ! one of the boxes has got to go back to be work on .

I think the LEAST you could do is get your information right! :icon_bs:

You got me all worried that we'd be having to pull off the entire transom assembly again...then I'm thinking...what the hell could be wrong with the extension box? So I call the Old Fart and he tells me what I already knew...one of the DRIVE LOWERS has to go out to be reworked. Geez. :toetap05:

Sorry I missed the party yesterday guys! Can't wait to get those bad boys in the hull now!

Tony M
03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I think the LEAST you could do is get your information right! :icon_bs:

You got me all worried that we'd be having to pull off the entire transom assembly again...then I'm thinking...what the hell could be wrong with the extension box? So I call the Old Fart and he tells me what I already knew...one of the DRIVE LOWERS has to go out to be reworked. Geez. :toetap05:

Sorry I missed the party yesterday guys! Can't wait to get those bad boys in the hull now! WHEN you go and leave us all to fend for our self. :sifone: love to get your blood PUMPING!:seeya:

Tony M
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys, it was nice to have the company. The only thing I have problem with, is it took a ford to start the motors! Tony, how come you left when the sand paper came out? YOUR Slippen just alittle bit , Mr Whipple was gone before me !:driving:

MILD THUNDER
03-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys, it was nice to have the company. The only thing I have problem with, is it took a ford to start the motors! Tony, how come you left when the sand paper came out?

Hopefully that Ford didnt wear off on those big chevys, you might go back only to find the distributor on the front side of the carb and a strange HP increase! :willy_nilly:

OBNOXUS
03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I dont think anything rubbed off,,,,,,,it kept running and didn crap out !!!!!

Good thing you disconnected the cables quickly !!!!!!

MILD THUNDER
03-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I dont think anything rubbed off,,,,,,,it kept running and didn crap out !!!!!

Good thing you disconnected the cables quickly !!!!!!

I kept waiting for those cables to pop off and fall in the bucket while tony had his hands in there playing waterboy. He could use a new hairstyle anyhow

Tony M
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
I kept waiting for those cables to pop off and fall in the bucket while tony had his hands in there playing waterboy. He could use a new hairstyle anyhow Cow-Boy! you'll Get There Soon Enough! it was all about the getten them horses crank up! :cheers2:

scarrab30
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Got cancelled for my run to st. paul, minn. so I'll be at the shop tomorrow. The spark plugs will be in so i'll get those installed.

OBNOXUS
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
OK,,,,,Ill swing by early afternoon and wetsand and buff the back then we can throw the tab on to.

OBNOXUS
03-09-2010, 12:24 AM
I kept waiting for those cables to pop off and fall in the bucket while tony had his hands in there playing waterboy. He could use a new hairstyle anyhow

now that would have been a picture !!!!!!

Tony M
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
OK,,,,,Ill swing by early afternoon and wetsand and buff the back then we can throw the tab on to. Just move alittle to the center and keep sanding there jr. :toetap05: :cheers2:

OBNOXUS
03-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Nah, dont want to steal your thunder there big guy

Magic Medicine
03-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks like the boat is coming along, good deal.

This warm weather rules! Been thinking about putting my summer rims on the truck soon

Tony M
03-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Nah, dont want to steal your thunder there big guy Was your idea You can take charge there My Freind! :leaving: You know me I'm sure not after Well I Did This! Or I Did That ! Game. :sifone:

redhotsommer
03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Was your idea You can take charge there My Freind! :leaving: You know me I'm sure not after Well I Did This! Or I Did That ! Game. :sifone:

Wtf? :confused::confused::confused::toetap05::toetap05::eek::rolleyes:

OBNOXUS
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Wtf? :confused::confused::confused::toetap05::toetap05::eek::rolleyes:

I have a headache now to. :willy_nilly:

OBNOXUS
03-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Was your idea You can take charge there My Freind! :leaving: :sifone:

I did,,,,, I handed you the sandpaper !!!! :smash:

Hammer01
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I did,,,,, I handed you the sandpaper !!!! :smash:

Yeah, but he thought it was toilet paper!!! Now stop fussing already and get that thing done. Sr. and I have some boating to do in the Ozarks and tired of all this belly-aching!!!! Sounds like it is going well guys, congrats.

Tony M
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Wtf? :confused::confused::confused::toetap05::toetap05::eek::rolleyes: Your Vacation Spot and STOP Worrying about the little stuff it will get done Somehow? :seeya: :smash: :sifone:

Tony M
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but he thought it was toilet paper!!! Now stop fussing already and get that thing done. Sr. and I have some boating to do in the Ozarks and tired of all this belly-aching!!!! Sounds like it is going well guys, congrats. Big D Always Checks Out The 80 Grit Charmin FIRST! :rolleyes:

Tony M
03-09-2010, 05:46 PM
I did,,,,, I handed you the sandpaper !!!! :smash: You Go! " I did"! Told You So! :kiss: :sifone:

redhotsommer
03-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Your Vacation Spot and STOP Worrying about the little stuff it will get done Somehow? :seeya: :smash: :sifone:

I wasn't on vacation yesterday...

Brian, Joe, Big D and myself put in some time...

HEY...is that a MOTOR in that boat???

Tony M
03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I wasn't on vacation yesterday...

Brian, Joe, Big D and myself put in some time...

HEY...is that a MOTOR in that boat???:cuss: all the hard work was done while you where out Playing in the Snow out west! :kiss: :sifone:

OBNOXUS
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
:cuss: all the hard work was done while you where out Playing in the Snow out west! :kiss: :sifone:

Actually, when I got there,,,,,, poor Mikey was laying under the motor drilling mounts !!!!

Good thing he is so little !!!!! ( sorry Michelle )

redhotsommer
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Watch it there, buddy-boy...I've got your birthday present at my house!

Gotta say it's no picnic using that freakin' drill in a cramped space...if it had caught it was gonna send my hand straight into the alternator and probably smack me in the face. The first time I used it was to cut a 2" hole, it grabbed and almost broke my wrist!

Magic Medicine
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Actually, when I got there,,,,,, poor Mikey was laying under the motor drilling mounts !!!!

Good thing he is so little !!!!! ( sorry Michelle )

:eek::iamwithstupid:

OBNOXUS
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Try cutting a 4" hole for exhaust tips !!!!!!!

That'll tweak your shoulder !!!!!!

scarrab30
03-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I decided to take a sick day tomorrow. I don't like the way the motor mounts are working out. So i'll be at the shop trying to get them were I like them. I wasn't able to sleep this afternoon because it's on my mind. So, I don't want to be driveing all night with no sleep.

redhotsommer
03-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Even Old Fart's play hooky!

OBNOXUS
03-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Watch it there, buddy-boy...I've got your birthday present at my house!

Gotta say it's no picnic using that freakin' drill in a cramped space...if it had caught it was gonna send my hand straight into the alternator and probably smack me in the face. The first time I used it was to cut a 2" hole, it grabbed and almost broke my wrist!

geez,,,,, try and give the guy a compliment ,,,,, :)

Tony M
03-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Even Old Fart's play hooky! He doing that so he can have one extra peck on the cheek from the house mouse:kiss:
and if he takes another night off we more than likely going have a junior boater by next Season. :cheers2: :sifone:

Tony M
03-11-2010, 09:30 AM
geez,,,,, try and give the guy a compliment ,,,,, :) BE Wirry Wirry Karefull! He might give a carrot for your birthday present. :ack2: :cheers2:

Magic Medicine
03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
He doing that so he can have one extra peck on the cheek from the house mouse:kiss:
and if he takes another night off we more than likely going have a junior boater by next Season. :cheers2: :sifone:

:eek:

OBNOXUS
03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
he still isn't feeling very well,,,,,,might need one more day off to fully recover !!!

I stopped by for a couple hours this afternoon,,,, couple hiccups, nothing major.

Getting close !!!!

redhotsommer
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
I was by yesterday as well...port motor mounts are all finished, starting on starboard. Brian has the sniffles again today, so as soon as I'm off work here, I'll be over there.

Magic Medicine
03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
coming along nicely, gotta love those teamster sniffles!

scarrab30
03-13-2010, 12:50 AM
stdb engine bolted in. port engine tomorrow. starting to feel better.

MrCig
03-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Sounds like you are making progress. Are you going to be working on it Sunday? I have a State License test today. (can't wait for that to be over.)

I can drop that compass off maybe Sunday and give you a hand.

Mark

Magic Medicine
03-13-2010, 09:40 AM
stdb engine bolted in. port engine tomorrow. starting to feel better.

Making good progress, this project is really coming together fast! :cheers2:

B.Z.
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you are making progress. Are you going to be working on it Sunday? I have a State License test today. (can't wait for that to be over.)

I can drop that compass off maybe Sunday and give you a hand.

Mark

I am free Sunday 2 if anybody is going to be around!!!

scarrab30
03-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I will be there on sunday. Mark bring the compass if you remember. Mike wil post pictures later, if he isn't to beat up from todays grind.

redhotsommer
03-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Geez ya freakin' slavedriver...at least let me finish my pizza!

Ladies and gentlemen...I proudly present...MOTORS.

MILD THUNDER
03-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Geez ya freakin' slavedriver...at least let me finish my pizza!

Ladies and gentlemen...I proudly present...MOTORS.

whohooooooooooo :willy_nilly:

scarrab30
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
we could have been done earlier, but I had to wait for to get the right camera shot!

redhotsommer
03-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah...I wanted to take a pretty picture of the motors so I had to wait until you moved out of the way...

OBNOXUS
03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
phew,,,,,they fit !!!!!!

looks great !!!

scarrab30
03-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Latest, Today I got the power cable hooked up the motor along with fuel pressure senders and water pressure line. After that,I was in a quandry as to what to do about hooking up shift cables to the transmissions .About that time Mark Boudos and Ryan showed up. After they looked at it, Mark jumped in and then put me to work makeing brackets. I should be done with all that tomorrow morning. Next hurdle will be plumbing sea pumps.

OBNOXUS
03-14-2010, 09:57 PM
dont forget the neutral switch !!!

do you have the fittings for the strainers?

I can swing by after lunch

scarrab30
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
neutral switch done. no fittings for strainers yet . cp marin has what i need in those. my problem is finding a hose that fits for the stbd side

MILD THUNDER
03-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Awesome. I might be able to swing by tomorrow also. Couldnt you use the standard merc brackets that mount to the tops of the trannies?

MILD THUNDER
03-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Stopped by today about an hour ago, must have missed ya.

OBNOXUS
03-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah,,,,me to,,,, we shoulda called first,,,,, swung by after my chiropractors visit

scarrab30
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Will be at the shop all day tomorrow. I got in too late to make my second round to St. paul. I think i'm gonna tackle the water system.

MrCig
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Did you get the 2nd bracket made and painted?

Mark:cheers2:

scarrab30
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Yup, didn't paint them though, can't see'm. I'm not certain the shifters are going in all the way. I've got about 100 thousands slack at the end of the cable travel. I can't get anymore movement out of the controls. Got the tail pipes in today. Bolted up the port driveshaft. I think,I know what i'm gonna do with the water system. Got a call from mel Riggs and the lower unit prop shaft is toast. He's gonna try to have it ready by saturday.How many times do I have to say I shoulda bought the konrads!.

OBNOXUS
03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
:-(

redhotsommer
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Got a phone call from the Old Fart yesterday evening...he sounded so excited I'm wondering what his other hand was doing when he was talking? Now THERE'S a disconcerting thought....eeewwww.

Anyway...drives have been pulled off, shafts greased (perhaps this is what started the excitement??), put back on, lower that went to Mel Riggs has been repaired, delivered (by a highly skilled crew - Obnoxus and myself) and reinstalled.

Water system is complete...all fittings from the strainers to the sea pumps are a go. Front bolster seat was scuffed up a bit from being moved around everywhere and the rear seat needed some modification, so Harvey has taken both to work his magic...and also make a cockpit cover. Compass and GPS hockey puck are in.

Drives need to be filled with oil, lexan windshield needs to be made, fuel lines and batteries need to be hooked up, indicators need to be purchased or made, stickers applied...and then all that is required is WHEELS.

Straight Jacket will be rippin' it up in no time.

MILD THUNDER
03-26-2010, 09:49 AM
Got a phone call from the Old Fart yesterday evening...he sounded so excited I'm wondering what his other hand was doing when he was talking? Now THERE'S a disconcerting thought....eeewwww.

Anyway...drives have been pulled off, shafts greased (perhaps this is what started the excitement??), put back on, lower that went to Mel Riggs has been repaired, delivered (by a highly skilled crew - Obnoxus and myself) and reinstalled.

Water system is complete...all fittings from the strainers to the sea pumps are a go. Front bolster seat was scuffed up a bit from being moved around everywhere and the rear seat needed some modification, so Harvey has taken both to work his magic...and also make a cockpit cover. Compass and GPS hockey puck are in.

Drives need to be filled with oil, lexan windshield needs to be made, fuel lines and batteries need to be hooked up, indicators need to be purchased or made, stickers applied...and then all that is required is WHEELS.

Straight Jacket will be rippin' it up in no time.

AWESOME. I thought you had the indicators figured out mike? You guys gonna be rigging this weekend?

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
WOW, this project is coming together nicely!!!!

redhotsommer
03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
AWESOME. I thought you had the indicators figured out mike? You guys gonna be rigging this weekend?

Brian might be...Michelle and I are heading up to Michigan...I'm racing tomorrow.

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Brian might be...Michelle and I are heading up to Michigan...I'm racing tomorrow.

u peddle biking SOB Make sure to drop in and see Pern:eek:

MILD THUNDER
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM

Cool, have fun.....keep the rubber side down

BTW, im interested in one of those extra fancy racin gel seats you got...i need to get my a$$ out on the old mongoose and peddle myself down to the lakefront several times a week. Maybe shave off a few lbs

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 10:14 AM
lemme know,,,,, I plan to bring mine down there to

MILD THUNDER
03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
lemme know,,,,, I plan to bring mine down there to

Your bike? You should cmon down to the city. We'll get kool-aid a moped and make a day of it.

We can start a new group. "Bad Influence Bikers"

"So you guys are into Harleys?"

"No, Huffys. And yes, that is "eye of the tiger" coming from my ipod speakers"

I still have yet to meet a fellow Paisan who doesnt think Stallone was the ultimate bad ass. Cmon, the guy drove a black Trans am and wore a tweed jacket with a tiger on the back. Watchin any of the Rocky movies is like drinkin red bulls.

a-B
03-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Your bike? You should cmon down to the city. We'll get kool-aid a moped and make a day of it.

I still have yet to meet a fellow Paisan who doesnt think Stallone was the ultimate bad ass. Cmon, the guy drove a black Trans am and wore a tweed jacket with a tiger on the back. Watchin any of the Rocky movies is like drinkin red bulls.

For some odd reason, I picture water bottles filled with Goose and Bull and the bike ride quickly turning into a pub crawl!! So......when are we doing it??

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 11:35 AM
For some odd reason, I picture water bottles filled with Goose and Bull and the bike ride quickly turning into a pub crawl!! So......when are we doing it??

BINGO !!!!!

Im free all weekend !!!!!!

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM
And no Harley here.

I dont like puddles in my garage and like to know what I am riding can get out of its own way and will get me back home !!!!

Twin Whackas
03-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Goose and Bull and the bike ride quickly turning into a pub crawl!!

Bad Influence Pub Crawl....now there is an idea!:eek:

kerigoff
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Hey now... Eye of the Tiger was probably one of my favorite songs as a kid. I played the heck out of the record until I thuroughly annoyed Brian with it and he broke it in half! Big brothers, I tell ya!

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Goose and Bull and the bike ride quickly turning into a pub crawl!!

Bad Influence Pub Crawl....now there is an idea!:eek:

NICE!!! I'm there I will be crawling:cheers2:

redhotsommer
03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
NOW you guys are talkin! I've got enough bikes for everyone!

Btw...years ago we did this at the Chicago L.A.T.E. ride...26 miles through the city...starts at midnight.

MILD THUNDER
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
NOW you guys are talkin! I've got enough bikes for everyone!

Btw...years ago we did this at the Chicago L.A.T.E. ride...26 miles through the city...starts at midnight.

Problem is 26 miles is just not gonna happen with our crew.

We need to get Mr. Miller and Tony M. on some vintage 3 speed schwinns with the spring ride seat..with some velcro strap tennis shoes...and full fenders. :driving:

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
oh,,,, I thought that said 2.6 !!!!

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Problem is 26 miles is just not gonna happen with our crew.

We need to get Mr. Miller and Tony M. on some vintage 3 speed schwinns with the spring ride seat..with some velcro strap tennis shoes...and full fenders. :driving:

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 04:43 PM
problem is 26 miles is just not gonna happen with our crew.

We need to get mr. Miller and tony m. On some vintage 3 speed schwinns with the spring ride seat..with some velcro strap tennis shoes...and full fenders. :driving:

tandem bike !!!!!

Magic Medicine
03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
tandem bike !!!!!

:iamwithstupid:

Hammer01
03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
tandem bike !!!!!

Mr Miller would be ***** slapping and telling him to talk correctly. He would get out a saw-z-all and cut the bike in half by the time we made it a city block. I'm up for it, I'll train down with the Trek and roll from there. If not, that would be a long day for these knees!!!!!

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
tomorrow is supposed to be 55 degrees,,,,good day for it !!!!!

MILD THUNDER
03-26-2010, 08:00 PM
tomorrow is supposed to be 55 degrees,,,,good day for it !!!!!

55, but not with that stiff cold lake breeze! Prob feel like 35-40 degrees by the lake

OBNOXUS
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
ok,,,scratch the bikes,,,,,just do the bar crawl !!!???

Hammer01
03-27-2010, 03:17 AM
I would be in, but those type of crawls are designed for a nice Sunday!!!!! Start the crawl around 10 am and home, fed, and in bed by around 7pm!!! Just my thought.

Magic Medicine
03-27-2010, 10:04 AM
I would be in, but those type of crawls are designed for a nice Sunday!!!!! Start the crawl around 10 am and home, fed, and in bed by around 7pm!!! Just my thought.

Very nice, count me in. Come down to my place and we can do a country bar crawl. Then ride JJ 4wheeler when we are all boozed up:sifone:

B.Z.
03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
80 Deg. and sunny here no sure where u ot your forcast??????

OBNOXUS
03-27-2010, 11:25 AM
80 Deg. and sunny here no sure where u ot your forcast??????

oh crap,,,,Tony rubbed off on him :willy_nilly:

Tony M
03-27-2010, 12:38 PM
oh crap,,,,Tony rubbed off on him :willy_nilly: age related thing there Sonny Boy! "You'll Get There I promise". :sifone:

Tony M
03-27-2010, 12:55 PM
oh crap,,,,Tony rubbed off on him :willy_nilly: Terminal ! :ack2:

420NytroBoy69
03-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I have the perfect bike for us!!!!

OBNOXUS
03-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Hey look,,,,BZ is in the middle with Porillo right behind him !!!

Magic Medicine
03-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I have the perfect bike for us!!!!

redhotsommer
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Lots o peeps at the marina today! All the masking tape came off and the graphics went on...LOOKS GREAT! Hook up them batteries and get it wet!

POWERPLAY33
03-28-2010, 06:34 PM
so where are the pics?

redhotsommer
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Didn't take any today...couldn't get any without Tony in the shot...didn't want to break the camera.

Magic Medicine
03-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Didn't take any today...couldn't get any without Tony in the shot...didn't want to break the camera.

Zing