PDA

View Full Version : Fat Boy ?

LEOPAJM
07-24-2009, 08:50 AM
So ........ is Fat Boy back in the states and available again ?

:USA:

Tank
07-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh jesus! Don't get Stecs all fired up!!:sifone:

07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Oh jesus! Don't get Stecs all fired up!!:sifone:

A guy has got to have goals. :)

I hope he puts a Fatboy paintjob on a Gladiator :drool5:

Roger 1
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
How about just building a "Fat Boy Clone"? There are a lot of early guns out there for sale. Gut one out and build it just the way you want it with sixes this time. So what if it's not a "numbers matching" or "correct" restoration of the original. It would be yours.

Birdog
07-25-2009, 12:19 PM
How about just building a "Fat Boy Clone"? There are a lot of early guns out there for sale. Gut one out and build it just the way you want it with sixes this time. So what if it's not a "numbers matching" or "correct" restoration of the original. It would be yours.

It would be tough to convert to a stagger setup

I wonder if L.C. marine will deal on the one they have had for 6+years now ?

Tank
07-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Yea, that would be a great way to do it, in theory....But the reality is, it'd cost you a sh!t load of money to do it, when you can just buy Fat Boy which I'm sure will be for sale here shortly with Cecil in prison.

DAREDEVIL
07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
isn't the fatboy the 90 MPH paint sheme ???

And what else is diffrent on it ??

stecz20
07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
what is this talk i hear???? if someone is lieing, they will die.. i will kill you.....
she is mine, and if any of you even look at her, your gonna end up in a landfill in alabama... or ill just bury you under the nj turnpike, thell never fin you there.....

Roger 1
07-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Yea, that would be a great way to do it, in theory....But the reality is, it'd cost you a sh!t load of money to do it, when you can just buy Fat Boy which I'm sure will be for sale here shortly with Cecil in prison.

No doubt that it would'nt be cheap. But neither will rebuilding or replacing everything that's worn out. Not saying that Fatboy is old and worn out but it ain't new either.
What's the story on this Cecil guy? Is he the current owner?

Roger 1
07-25-2009, 05:57 PM
It would be tough to convert to a stagger setup

I wonder if L.C. marine will deal on the one they have had for 6+years now ?

Every great journey starts with the first step......

stecz20
07-25-2009, 07:04 PM
people are gonna get hurt.....:03::03::03:

DAREDEVIL
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME ????????????

ANSWER MY QUESTION ,,,,,,,P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

MarylandMark
07-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Fat Boy is a staggered Cig w/pleasure cabin- only like 3 of them out there

MarylandMark
07-25-2009, 09:06 PM
mmm

stecz20
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
shes a pretty girl.. she keeps me up at night... i worry about her all alone in a warehouse somewhere... if any of you try and talk dirty to her, ill kill you.. if you look at her, ill kill you.. if you even breath on her, ill kill you..... dont make me kill you,
you filthy pigs.....

Bobcat
07-25-2009, 10:51 PM
shes a pretty girl.. she keeps me up at night... i worry about her all alone in a warehouse somewhere... if any of you try and talk dirty to her, ill kill you.. if you look at her, ill kill you.. if you even breath on her, ill kill you..... dont make me kill you,
you filthy pigs.....

lighten up francis, rumor is it is going to a gravel guy in canada:dupe:

DAREDEVIL
07-26-2009, 12:28 AM
mmm

Damn,,,looks like nice ride .

By the way ,,what the hell has that serialkiller have to do with this nice boat ???

He needs to relax before somebody takes him sirious !!!!:rofl::sifone::USA:

DAREDEVIL
07-26-2009, 12:29 AM
fat boy is a staggered cig w/pleasure cabin- only like 3 of them out there

thanks !!!!!!! Really nice !

stecz20
07-26-2009, 04:19 AM
Damn,,,looks like nice ride .

By the way ,,what the hell has that serialkiller have to do with this nice boat ???

He needs to relax before somebody takes him sirious !!!!:rofl::sifone::USA:

shes mine, thats all you need to know....:reddevil::reddevil:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Where have you been ??? :confused:

DAREDEVIL
07-26-2009, 07:26 PM

I don't wanna know,,,or u kill me .:smilielol5:

stecz20
07-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't wanna know,,,or u kill me .:smilielol5:

correct.... i only spare the weak, so this way they will not overtake me at a later date. they are my servants for life... jersey steve for example... :26::26:

DAREDEVIL
07-27-2009, 01:23 AM
correct.... i only spare the weak, so this way they will not overtake me at a later date. they are my servants for life... jersey steve for example... :26::26:

Stecz,,,,don't get me wrong but i think you are watching to many movies !:sifone:

Tank
07-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Stecz....You better get the number of the guy that bought it and keep close tabs on her. Let him know thats your b!tch!

stecz20
07-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Stecz,,,,don't get me wrong but i think you are watching to many movies !:sifone:

i dont remember asking you what you thought.. i will spare you regardless... row and live slave......

RebarBox
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
i dont remember asking you what you thought.. i will spare you regardless... row and live slave......

Give it up, Sunshine!:icon_bs:

Your ***** is wait'in for you to come get her. I'm getting tried of polishing and maintaining her. I do believe your already familiar with Cafe, but not sure if you can handle HP!:kiss:

inbetween
07-28-2009, 11:36 PM
This thread got me thinking. Fat Boy has a storied past, lets start at the beginning.

Who was it built for? Was it raced? Was it used for some questionable purposes? Power history?

Spill it people, there's got to be a lot of information/stories out there. (We won't tell stecz we're talking about his lady)

OldSchool
07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Fat Boy is a staggered Cig w/pleasure cabin- only like 3 of them out there

Actually, there are 5 or 6 staggered TopGuns that were built.

FatBoy
Bill Procters Spider Boat
Frank Areces Race boat (Pollo Tropical)
Pure Pressure (In the keys)
The purple and green one @ Lake Cumberland Marine
NEXT (I'm not sure if it's a staggered boat)

I think that they were all built in 1992-94 time frame

LEOPAJM
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
This thread got me thinking. Fat Boy has a storied past, lets start at the beginning.

Who was it built for? Was it raced? Was it used for some questionable purposes? Power history?

Spill it people, there's got to be a lot of information/stories out there. (We won't tell stecz we're talking about his lady)

Craig Barrie built it for a guy in Europe ( AB knows who ) and they went over there and raced it with him . It was a multi day type race ??? From what I remember it did well !

ar15meister
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
anyone have interior pics of this boat?

very nice, very badassed.

jmeng
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Actually, there are 5 or 6 staggered TopGuns that were built.

FatBoy
Pure Pressure (In the keys)
NEXT (I'm not sure if it's a staggered boat)

I think that they were all built in 1992-94 time frame

Plus Doug's 90mph model.

OldSchool
07-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Plus Doug's 90mph model.

Isn't that the NEXT boat? Maybe I have the two of them confused. I know that Doug's boat is named Pure Adrenaline. One of those two are staggered.

ar15meister
07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
how does the stagger affect the performance in a straight bottom 38 top gun?

OldSchool
07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
They're faster with the same power

SKRAMER
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Isn't that the NEXT boat? Maybe I have the two of them confused. I know that Doug's boat is named Pure Adrenaline. One of those two are staggered.

Pure Adrenaline and Fatboy are both staggered!!

ar15meister
07-29-2009, 10:37 AM
They're faster with the same power

how much faster?

does it affect the handling at all?

jmeng
07-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Might be. Pure Adrenaline is def staggered. Not sure about its previous lives.

OldSchool
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Updated list of staggered TopGuns

FatBoy
Pure Pressure (In the keys-formerly Locked-n-Loaded)
Pure Adrenaline

Roger 1
07-29-2009, 01:19 PM

Yes. Dougs boat used to be "Next" owned by Ben.

MarylandMark
07-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Thought only a few of the staggereds had factory pleasure cabins? Like 3 out of the 6?

MarylandMark
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
ps- I have a call in to Sam/Senior Speedy for him to verify how many, the names & power packages & how they were set up then, now and will be in the future as well as where they have been, are currently at and will be in the future.

Updates to follow as soon as he finishes his home work, chores and paper route.

Chris
07-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Stagger does two things. The drives being together reduces drag and gives you a bit of speed. Maybe a couple mph. The bigger one is balance. You now move to saddle tanks which allows you to control attitude and the engines in line move the center of gravity forward. The downside is that full-cabin stagger boats almost always are nose-heavy. You're limited to shorty cabins with little accessories- unless you like sticking the nose in on rougher days.

stecz20
07-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Stagger does two things. The drives being together reduces drag and gives you a bit of speed. Maybe a couple mph. The bigger one is balance. You now move to saddle tanks which allows you to control attitude and the engines in line move the center of gravity forward. The downside is that full-cabin stagger boats almost always are nose-heavy. You're limited to shorty cabins with little accessories- unless you like sticking the nose in on rougher days.

you better watch how you talk about my girl... dont make me give you a fresh one......

stecz20
07-29-2009, 09:10 PM
my lady. ill let you pigs look just this once, but after this ill kill you....

07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
my lady. ill let you pigs look just this once, but after this ill kill you....

Brother, build that on a Gladiator Platform! It will be distinctively yours :USA: and yes you can train your wife to pee in a box up front in the bulkhead section so no excuses! :sifone:

stecz20
07-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Brother, build that on a Gladiator Platform! It will be distinctively yours :USA: and yes you can train your wife to pee in a box up front in the bulkhead section so no excuses! :sifone:

its really about the set up, i like the paint but i would really enjoy redoing this boat right and keeping it a long, long time. i know you would never get your money out of its but after your done, you would truley have something very special.

GENERAL LEE
07-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Yes. Dougs boat used to be "Next" owned by Ben.

Correct, and it's staggered. It's the actual boat that was in the 90MPH poster.

SKRAMER
07-30-2009, 07:39 AM
This ones Dougs!!!!

inbetween
07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Craig Barrie built it for a guy in Europe ( AB knows who ) and they went over there and raced it with him . It was a multi day type race ??? From what I remember it did well !

I had heard it was some type of offshore endurance race, had a couple extra fuel tanks installed at Cig? After that it spent 10? years in NE Ohio - a couple different owners. Not used a lot by either.

07-30-2009, 10:07 PM
This ones Dougs!!!!

Damn, can you please mail me a high resolution version of that picture? :drool5:

stecz20
07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
doug sent me like 20 pics let me see if i can find a few.....