PDA

View Full Version : Going Rate for Mobil V-twin oil?

07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys, Mobil V-twin is getting hard to find locally. The local distributor is wanting $12 per quart :boxing_smiley:.

What are you guys seeing price wise? Where the heck are you finding it? Mark, Do we want another group buy? :sifone:

HPBoats83
08-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Hey Mike....Let me know when you get your engine back together. Hope all is well.

Offshoredrillin
08-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Michael, I can still get it from my distributor much cheaper than walmart, let me know how many cases you need and I can see what it will be with shipping. but I'm not goignt ot do a big buy, too many people cheaped out last time...Rob

Wobble
08-09-2009, 12:09 PM
i just saw the vtwin at walmart for around 8.90 quart, autozone is more but will price match.

08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Michael, I can still get it from my distributor much cheaper than walmart, let me know how many cases you need and I can see what it will be with shipping. but I'm not goignt ot do a big buy, too many people cheaped out last time...Rob

I may go over to the darks side......yes, amsoil. They have a comparable oil to V-twin that comes in much more convenient gallon sizes (I need 7 gallons per change) and it super easy to get. Cost is a little less too.

I can't believe you got burned on the big buy but then again, I never got my neon sign from Chuck1025 :cuss:

08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Hey Mike....Let me know when you get your engine back together. Hope all is well.

Well, I pulled a shaft mounted rocker stud out of a weak part of the (7 y/o)head. That of course necessitated a full disassembly to clean everything. We ran into trouble welding the broken head due to oil seepage but found someone who specializes in that and have that resolved now. I am taking to opportunity to put new Steff's Oil pans on and resolve a raw water issue but I hope to be back out on the the H20 by late august. The last 6 weeks of boating up here are the most beautiful.

If this could have only happened in the last run of 08' :cuss:

Offshoredrillin
08-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I may go over to the darks side......yes, amsoil. They have a comparable oil to V-twin that comes in much more convenient gallon sizes (I need 7 gallons per change) and it super easy to get. Cost is a little less too.

I can't believe you got burned on the big buy but then again, I never got my neon sign from Chuck1025 :cuss:
I wound up getting paid from everyone, just a couple I had to "remind".... I got my sign from Chuck, i actually picked it up when I was in Ohio. The one from Cig is much smaller. I think he issued refunds to everyone because of the shipping.

08-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I wound up getting paid from everyone, just a couple I had to "remind".... I got my sign from Chuck, i actually picked it up when I was in Ohio. The one from Cig is much smaller. I think he issued refunds to everyone because of the shipping.

Not me, First he was going to try to find a way to get it out here. Then I found a shipping company that would insure it. He never got there. Now He has started to ignore me completely. :cuss: