PDA

View Full Version : 41' 1987 Midnight Express Quad Eggies

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Click on link below ... Desc reads:

NICE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS 1987 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190264353523&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=) 800 GALLONS
Vehicle Description

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL BOAT,WITH 4 MERCURY 225 YEAR 2002 WITH THE POWER G REPAIR 2005.IT HAS 150 HOURS,KEEP 800 GALLONS GAS,RUNS PERFECTLY,THE INTERIOR IS GOOD,IT HAS 41 FT, THE PAINT IS BRAND NEW,THE TRAILER IS INCLUDED AND IS ALUMINUM.

800gal fuel capacity!!??? Wonder what this was used for :eek: :leaving: Looks like a pretty nice ride at opening bid price of $20K, not sure if that would meet reserve price, but if so with trailer included, 4x 225HP outboards, and 41' hull that would be quite a buy, even in todays market :cool: Where is Tony(Enforcer2) from OSO?? :)

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
More pics ...

DKwestern
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
cool boat, 800 gal = 4800 lbs. of fuel

FastTimes
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
WOW,, cool boat!

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
cool boat, 800 gal = 4800 lbs. of fuel

You but you can run for mile and miles :D :D WoW THAT is a lot of weight!! :eek:

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 05:37 PM
By the way this is not my boat for sale!! Don't know why the powers to be moved it here??

I just started another thread in the Midnight section, so to be PC ;)

fund razor
11-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe you posted a classified in a non-classified section?

You need to post a price, call it "reserve" if you would like... you are the first auction style ad that I have seen.

Thanks!

DollaBill
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
The 800 gal of fuel makes sense for certain "transportation" needs, but the deck hatches are kinda small. Usually you use, uh I mean, you see -- the giant ones.

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Maybe you posted a classified in a non-classified section?

You need to post a price, call it "reserve" if you would like... you are the first auction style ad that I have seen.

Thanks!
Fundster, as I said, it is not my boat, not my sale. I just came across it on FleaBay and thought it might be interesting for someone else. I could care less if it sells or sinks :eek: :D :D This was done all the time on OSO ... It was just an FYI / 'interest' type post.

After a mod moved it here I was kinda at a loss what to do. So I just posted the same thread in the Midnight Express owners section to be PC or SO PC ;)

Ratickle
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
This was done all the time on OSO ... It was just an FYI / 'interest' type post.

After a mod moved it here I was kinda at a loss what to do. So I just posted the same thread in the Midnight Express owners section to be PC or SO PC ;)

I'll make a note in the Forum Business section for review. Remember, we are trying to make and improve this site at the same time. As a charter invite, your input is appreciated.

NJgr8ful
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I'll make a note in the Forum Business section for review. Remember, we are trying to make and improve this site at the same time. As a charter invite, your input is appreciated.

Ratickle .. thanks for the 'Charter' respect :) Certainly wasn't trying to add work for mods - just posting an interesting boat ... that also just happened to be for sale on eBay ;) ((I def won't post pics of any fat women, that's for sure! LOL :eek: :D :D ))

fund razor
11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Fundster, as I said, it is not my boat, not my sale. I just came across it on FleaBay and thought it might be interesting for someone else. I could care less if it sells or sinks :eek: :D :D This was done all the time on OSO ... It was just an FYI / 'interest' type post.

Lots of people sell things for other people. (The ad is real... but "it's not my boat.") I (having more than one thread to monitor) accidentally thought that this was the case. It looked like actual ads that people place for others. My guess is that it looked like an ad, rather than a special interest kind of "hey look at this" kind of thing.

Should I delete the thread from Marketplace, since one of our members is not selling it?
Ask that it be moved back to GD?
What works for you?

This is good testing for all new moderators, trying to decide what is an ad, what is a thread, what is a joke, etc, is good practice.

Now that enough detail has come to light to get a complete picture... my guess is that it DID belong where it was... but maybe should have been modified to look less like an ad than it did when it ended up here. Don't know who moved it.

I hope that I also gave you charter respect. :D

-Fundster.

NJgr8ful
11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope that I also gave you charter respect. :D

-Fundster.
Sure did 'Fun'ster :) TY

Why don't you just delete this one and we'll let the one in the Midnight Express owners section ride! ;) Thanks bro.

cigdaze
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Yours or not, an acquaintance or not - Doesn't matter whose it is - it's undeniably an ad. Ads go in the classifieds.
:)

cigdaze
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
In a situation like this (it's not your ad), but it's a cool boat and you'd like to bring attention to is, I think the owner's forum is quite okay. I'm more than certain that the seller appreciates the exposure here, but it's all for naught, if it's no one we know.

If in the future, If we want to say, "Wow, cool, check this out," It may not be necessary to post the whole classified verbiage in its entirety, nicely formatted, with html links, and half a dozen pictures. It just reads too much like an...ad...
;)

Respectfull,

BUIZILLA
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I think that one originally had 4 200's...

based out of Islamorada...

fund razor
11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
This was a hard one.
Even for Nick, and he is a SuperMod. :D

NJgr8ful
11-05-2008, 04:46 PM
In a situation like this (it's not your ad), but it's a cool boat and you'd like to bring attention to is, I think the owner's forum is quite okay. I'm more than certain that the seller appreciates the exposure here, but it's all for naught, if it's no one we know.

If in the future, If we want to say, "Wow, cool, check this out," It may not be necessary to post the whole classified verbiage in its entirety, nicely formatted, with html links, and half a dozen pictures. It just reads too much like an...ad...
;)

Respectfull,
Yokie Dokie ;) :) "Wow, cool, check this out" will be my next eBay ad's thread title/titled thread, type of posty thingy, name. Appreciate your responses guys. I do have another I was gonna post, but was awaiting my verdict here.

cigdaze
11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
This was a hard one.
Even for Nick, and he is a SuperMod. :D

Ya, this is a tough one...Here's what I see happening: Buddy wants to sell his boat, and tells skippy to post it on that go-fast website he told him about. Skippy says "Hey, cool, check this out and starts spamming buddy's ebay ads and boat-trader ads, all over the board, etc...

I know that's not the case here, NJgr8ful ain't no skippy :D, but it's conceivable that someone in the future would do such a thing...it plagued OSO, and it's tough to discern the genuineness sometimes.

:26:

Carry on. :)

cigdaze
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Yokie Dokie ;) :) "Wow, cool, check this out" will be my next eBay ad's thread title/titled thread, type of posty thingy, name. Appreciate your responses guys. I do have another I was gonna post, but was awaiting my verdict here.
You were the test case, You're grandfathered in now. :)

JupiterSunsation
11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Looks like a cool setup. Bigger/ newer power would make that boat a weapon!