PDA

View Full Version : Joint Venture

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrat to John and Bill for working together and making this happen. This is a great step forward for Offshore thanks guys.

Coach
07-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Bravo!

Sean H
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Who paid the TV bill in Sarasota?

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Line 3 says no equipment registration/entry fees.

Line 5 says $350 membership fee for each person including crew every event. Effectively the annual membership fee becomes and entry fee of sorts.
If you do more than one or two events is it a bargain?

It is progress..............

Sean H
07-22-2009, 12:35 PM
it says "all" not "every", the email I received explained that the annual crew fee wouldn't be waived but the boat entry and reg would be.

so basically, if you have already been at an SBI event, it is free now if you aren't looking for points or prize money and want some possible TV coverage.

Chris
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I thought Ron Polli was president of OSS.

rchevelle71
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM

On the last line it states to PRESENT to OSS

Scotty B
07-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I think the 350 per racer fee is a one time deal and cannot be waived due to the contract with APBA in Detroit wich is where most of that money will go. The APBA affiliation is not free for SBI

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
it says "all" not "every", the email I received explained that the annual crew fee wouldn't be waived but the boat entry and reg would be.

so basically, if you have already been at an SBI event, it is free now if you aren't looking for points or prize money and want some possible TV coverage.

I expect to pay a membership fee. No problem. I read it as "MUST pay....at all joints events" means more than once. Not sure of the intent, but it seems unclear to me.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure what all the Congrats are for ? :confused:

JC signed a letter of acknowledgment from a boat racer that will have to present this plan to the OSS Board of Directors for a vote.

It has been almost 2 weeks since that letter was signed. Does anyone know if this letter has ever been presented to the OSS Board and did they vote on it ?

Also, I noticed there is no time line on this.

Would this include a Joint Race in Key West 2009 ? (The 1st race of the 2010 season.)

Or will it only be race sites JC wants to invite OSS when he needs them most?

$350 membership per person at all joint events.

I always thought the membership was an annual fee. Am I reading this wrong when it states they will have to pay at every joint race?

Until an official press release comes out of OSS, this is nothing more than a racer presenting an idea.

Not to mention the same idea JC has shot down many times in the past from an OSS official for Key West and many other sites...

Something tells me JC & WHM would like nothing more than having a joint event in Jersey City/New York. I recall that event having record low boat counts the last few years....

I guess we should wait & see how the OSS Board Votes on this before patting JC & Bill on the back...

rchevelle71
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
I believe it was just worded incorrectly, why would John Charge other orgs more than he charges regulars?? Its a once a year deal.

rchevelle71
07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Remember guys,

SBI didnt type this letter up, Bill did, John just agreed by signing it, so if it is $350 per event it was Bills idea:reddevil:

Dunbar 104
07-22-2009, 02:28 PM
What is there to vote on?

catastrophe
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Its hardly a joint venture.
Its a method of OSS guys getting to race on a one at a time opportunity.

Satisfies one groups low boat count and another groups low venue count.

Sorta like a guy with no left leg hookin up with a guy with no right leg to go for a stroll.

Ron P
07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
It's nice of SBI to offer this to WHM and OSS. The board of OSS did read the letter and we are continuing on the path of working with OPA. I guess if some teams want to take SBI up on their offer, they can do so.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM

It is my belief that if an organization has a Board of Directors that makes the decisions on what the organization's direction should be, one person cannot dictate where that organization's direction goes. It would need to be voted upon by the members.

After Ron's post, it appears everyone is free to race where they want and when they want.

As far as the OSS organization itself, it appears they had given SBI enough opportunities to work together and made no progress collectively.

On the flip side, they have seem to have moved forward with OPA and will stay that course for now and the future.

imco offshore
07-22-2009, 04:07 PM

your right , we haven,t voted on much in a very long time , i guess it,s not an owners org, any more?:USA:

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 05:00 PM

I think you r 100% correct, but he does own the company he is a employee.

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not sure what all the Congrats are for ? :confused:

JC signed a letter of acknowledgment from a boat racer that will have to present this plan to the OSS Board of Directors for a vote.

It has been almost 2 weeks since that letter was signed. Does anyone know if this letter has ever been presented to the OSS Board and did they vote on it ?

Also, I noticed there is no time line on this.

Would this include a Joint Race in Key West 2009 ? (The 1st race of the 2010 season.)

Or will it only be race sites JC wants to invite OSS when he needs them most

$350 membership per person at all joint events.

I always thought the membership was an annual fee. Am I reading this wrong when it states they will have to pay at every joint race?

Until an official press release comes out of OSS, this is nothing more than a racer presenting an idea.

Not to mention the same idea JC has shot down many times in the past from an OSS official for Key West and many other sites...

Something tells me JC & WHM would like nothing more than having a joint event in Jersey City/New York. I recall that event having record low boat counts the last few years....

I guess we should wait & see how the OSS Board Votes on this before patting JC & Bill on the back...

Sharkey you have a few good question you should call Bill I'm sure he can give u some in-put. I dont know of any vote from the board when Ron spoke to Smitty, but i could be wrong you might want to ask Bill about that also.

Funny Ron talks about racing with OPA and its great and Bill says the same for the boat that want to race SBI and its not so good. HUmmmmmmm LOl

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Sharkey you have a few good question you should call Bill I'm sure he can give u some in-put. I dont know of any vote from the board when Ron spoke to Smitty, but i could be wrong you might want to ask Bill about that also.

Funny Ron talks about racing with OPA and its great and Bill says the same for the boat that want to race SBI and its not so good. HUmmmmmmm LOl
Do you honestly believe Ron just turned around one day and told the OSS teams you are now going to run joint races with the OPA at their sites without the racer's input ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I honestly can say I don't now how it all played out, but I certainly would not think that is how it went down...

I know for a fact it was not just Ron & Smitty putting it all together...

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Well the teams i spoke to did vote on it. I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote. If there is no more OSS as many members have pointed out why would they need a vote. Goerge JR said the same thing a few post back read it. I think Ron and teams that want to race OPA is about what it is, no differnt then Bill and what ever teams are interested in racing SBI.

Ryan Beckley
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
HUH.....I guess we really weren't on a board call last week and we never talked about any of this. I'm glad you let us know Frank.......Ray C., Ron, June, Brad, Randy, Jeff, Teague, & I must have all imagined that we were on our call......maybe were not having one next week either???? Please let me know???? We'll be in St Clair....racing......

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Ryan,

Never said you didnt have a board call, never talked about calls. He asked about a vote and I said from the TEAMS I PERSONAL talked to they said there was no vote they know about. A ballot was suppose to go out and again from the OSS teams I spoke to they said it never happend.... Possible they are all full of S==T , you tell me.

DAREDEVIL
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
And here we all go again ,,,what does this all have to do with unifying ??????

But all hell breaks loose when i say or write something.

U all need to relax.

The way i see this ,,its an opertunity to race where ever u want too. AND THAT IS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:03::USA:

FREEDOM FOR THE RACERS AND U MAY ALL RACE WHERE U WANT AND HAVE FUN AND BE HAPPY.

Ryan Beckley
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Frank
You just said " I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote."

Your facts are incorrect.......there has NEVER been any ballot mentioned......most OSS boats will be in St Clair next weekend........those are the facts....I am not sure of anything else you've mentioned,.... are you?

See you in Indiana........

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
your right , we haven,t voted on much in a very long time , i guess it,s not an owners org, any more?:USA:

You tell me if it true or not, just tell u what we all hear.

TYPHOON
07-22-2009, 06:49 PM
One step forward and 3 steps back. It sounds like a great offer being excepted by JC. In my opinion just a little to late in the game. I would still like to see a joint OPA/OSS Org. for 2010. After next weekend we can start working on a plan that can benifits both Org. and bring it to the teams for review. Its not in stone yet but it can be done. At some point before the end of the year OPA and OSS will decide if its best to merge. So far I love the idea but some races together will tell.
Thankyou Billy and JC for your efforts. Options are always good.
MD

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
The way i see this ,,its an opertunity to race where ever u want too.

:03::USA:

And you needed a letter signed to be able to do that ? :confused:

Perhaps we can see those signatures reversed one day ?

JC reaching out to let his racers race wherever they want without a fine or penalty....

Now that would be something to pat him on the back for...:sifone:

Nothing's changed.

Before this letter, most racers had the option to race where they want to. Today, those same racers still do have the option to race where they want to...

How many SBI teams coming to Harrison Twp this weekend?

I think I saw Brett showing interest? :sifone:

TYPHOON
07-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Just so all of you understand. OSS already has 2 race sites sighned with contracts and deposits for next year. No its not dead by any means. If OSS wants to stand on its own in2010 it can and will. OSS is trying to do whats best for the sport,teams and fans. If some people keep pushing and making it like a challange, some race teams might say lets just show them we dont need this and keep dragging this out.
MD

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 07:19 PM
there is NO MORE OSS !!!!
So how can something that does not exist merge ???????
If this is how most of you think, then why the praise for JC signing a letter to propose this plan to an org you believe does not exist? :rofl::rofl:

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Randy,

It sure would be nice to see everyone equally welcomed at each other's races. If or when that ever happens, great ! Until then, you, OSS and the OPA teams by far have made the most effort to work together. I congratulate any of the other teams from the other organization that have decided to help with racing together.

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 07:57 PM
If this is how most of you think, then why the praise for JC signing a letter to propose this plan to an org you believe does not exist? :rofl::rofl:

Its is to try and help OSS teams that have paid their fee's for 2009 . SBI has agreed if they want to run the rest off the races, they will not collect equip. or registration/entry fee's....NO MORE NO LESS

XtremeRacing
07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Frank
You just said " I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote."

Your facts are incorrect.......there has NEVER been any ballot mentioned......most OSS boats will be in St Clair next weekend........those are the facts....I am not sure of anything else you've mentioned,.... are you?

See you in Indiana........

Ryan,
See you in Indiana, have a great race and good luck in St. Clair

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Its is to try and help OSS teams that have paid their fee's for 2009 . SBI has agreed if they want to run the rest off the races, they will not collect equip. or registration/entry fee's....NO MORE NO LESS
I guess I got my answer about Key West now.... ;)

So Key West November 2009 will not be included in this invitation....

Thanks for clearing that up !:sifone:

But it is $350 per person at every joint race ? :confused:

Wahoo 214
07-22-2009, 08:46 PM
I think it is alot of pot stirring. Until Ron P makes an announcement or resigns it is nothing. As President of the OSS it is his and only his responsibility to post, comment on, or agree to an commitment. The rest of us are just ****ing in the coolaid. Some more than others.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
I think it is alot of pot stirring. Until Ron P makes an announcement or resigns it is nothing. As President of the OSS it is his and only his responsibility to post, comment on, or agree to an commitment. The rest of us are just ****ing in the coolaid. Some more than others.:sifone:
Dean,
You just might get coverage afterall ... ;)
I'll know more tomorrow... :)

Ron P
07-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I think it is alot of pot stirring. Until Ron P makes an announcement or resigns it is nothing. As President of the OSS it is his and only his responsibility to post, comment on, or agree to an commitment. The rest of us are just ****ing in the coolaid. Some more than others.

Bingo! We have a winner.

See ya in St Clair!

PS - Frank, since your so concerned about our corporate structure - the board members vote for their class on a weekly basis. Votes are taken all the time on current issues. it's true, the last time we had a vote with all the teams was in June when they decided to not attend Sunny Isles Beach FL. Was June that long ago? It's also true that some teams would like to vote on every topic. Our bylaws define which topics need a racer vote vs a board vote vs decisions I make on my own for the benifit of the organization.

PPS - Frank and Daredevil, if you want to do something valuable for the sport why don't you get JC to agree to these exact same terms for Key West 09 or Sarasota in 2010 and invite OSS and OPA to attend. Then maybe for once we can all race together in one place.

One thing I learned a long time ago, typing on these board does not help or fix the problems. It only creates more. You have my number if you want to talk.

XtremeRacing
07-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Good luck Ron sounds like you have a handle on it this time. hopefully you can take Offshore to the next level.

Wahoo 214
07-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Good God DD, it's "plane" you really need to go to an English as a first language course.

skaterdave
07-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Good luck Ron sounds like you have a handle on it this time. hopefully you can take Offshore to the next level.

you sbi-lovers crack me up? hea german-guy you did nothing but bash sbi last year when you came to opa's awards dinner, but as soon as sbi said it had TV you jumped ship. you've completed one race????

xtreme, all i gotta say is i heard alot about the TV deal and it seems that its done nothing for your boat count. so something still must be keeping the racers away from running with you guys?

skaterdave
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
daredevil, first off i'm nothing like you.

i'm still working on going to races, just down sizing the boat. i'll be in st clair running a skiff. are you going??? not!

you talk about going to all these races ( opa and other outside fl) and at the last minute use the excuse you don't have the money. it's all BS to start with. and second, you said you where going to go to the opa and do all those but as soon as sbi said TV you came out and said you didn't have the money and then went with sbi. we all know what your were up to.

my point is grow some balls and say "i hear TV, i going with sbi". plus like most others i['m still waiting for you to just backup atleast one BS line that you ramble off.

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
This has turned in to one fine thread.:ack2:

Ratickle
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
This has turned in to one fine thread.:ack2:

Jim is correct guys, and one thing is sure.

The efforts the DRIVERS have made has made it so I will be racing at Harrison and St Clair. And two of the racers on this thread also offered to help with that. Typhoon and Daredevil. I just happen to be going with Wahoo for my personal beginner level decision......

So let's keep working on the message, not the personalities....

MOBILEMERCMAN
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Who has heard the expression? "Lead, follow or get out of the way"

It seems to be fitting here.

rchevelle71
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Look guys, I think you are all doing a great job, whichever ORG. you decide to race with. I have only driven one race, and being IN the boat is not for me, I would rather turn wrenches. Right now my team doesnt have sponsorship, so we are out for at least the rest of the year. It is just easier for me to run with a SBI team being based in FL as it is easier for the guys up North to run OPA. I have no problem with any of the Org's and none of the people in them(heck I even like Daredevil sometimes:reddevil:), some of you know me personally, most of you dont, even though I have definitely crossed paths with Most of you at one point or another(probably somewhere on Duval street), but we need to stop ****ing into a fan about which Org. is better and why you should run with us etc. Just do what your gut tells you and have fun, Very few of us will ever have the opportunity to make a living at this anyway.

DAREDEVIL
07-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Look guys, I think you are all doing a great job, whichever ORG. you decide to race with. I have only driven one race, and being IN the boat is not for me, I would rather turn wrenches. Right now my team doesnt have sponsorship, so we are out for at least the rest of the year. It is just easier for me to run with a SBI team being based in FL as it is easier for the guys up North to run OPA. I have no problem with any of the Org's and none of the people in them(heck I even like Daredevil sometimes:reddevil:), some of you know me personally, most of you dont, even though I have definitely crossed paths with Most of you at one point or another(probably somewhere on Duval street), but we need to stop ****ing into a fan about which Org. is better and why you should run with us etc. Just do what your gut tells you and have fun, Very few of us will ever have the opportunity to make a living at this anyway.

Very wise and true words,,,,exept for the sometimes regarding me .LOL
Rick u are absolutley correct,,,so i apoligize to all and i see u later !!!
Need to get the boat ready now !!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
07-23-2009, 11:03 PM
This whole thread was pointless.

Perhaps William should have discussed it first with the racers of OSS to hear what the majority thought before wasting time writing a letter to JC?

If he wants to go racing with SBI there is nothing stopping him. I wish him the best. Enjoy !!! :)

Can I make a motion to perhaps Delete this thread as it obviously has taken a turn for the worst or at the very least lock it down?

If not, so be it. I will just hit the unsubscribe button and they all can carry on without out filling up my inbox.... :sifone:

rchevelle71
07-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Very wise and true words,,,,exept for the sometimes regarding me .LOL
Rick u are absolutley correct,,,so i apoligize to all and i see u later !!!
Need to get the boat ready now !!

Scott,

you are one of the ones that know where I came from, and one of these days we will sit down at a race and discuss over a few beers the opportunities in Offshore racing that I have passed up in order to keep a full time job and support my family, then 5 people will know about it Me, you, Scott Begovich, John Haggin, and John Arruda(OK, a few more have heard the story also):driving: I really dont care, I was once accused of HOME SHOPPING cuz I talked to another team in a bar in Key West one night, and that turned into a world of chit on OSO one November night, cuz I warned one SVL team that another was out to get them on Sunday(just chit talkin in a bar, but guess what, accidents happen) you know better than anyone I would rather sit back and enjoy the race than throttle or drive a raceboat, but when the chit is broken I will be in the pits until sunup getting it ready to run on sunday if need be(ask Al Chesley how late we were up in sarasota a few years back fixing the Pump it boat). Anywho, see y'all in St Pete:26::sifone::reddevil::cuss::USA:

DAREDEVIL
07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Scott,

you are one of the ones that know where I came from, and one of these days we will sit down at a race and discuss over a few beers the opportunities in Offshore racing that I have passed up in order to keep a full time job and support my family, then 5 people will know about it Me, you, Scott Begovich, John Haggin, and John Arruda(OK, a few more have heard the story also):driving: I really dont care, I was once accused of HOME SHOPPING cuz I talked to another team in a bar in Key West one night, and that turned into a world of chit on OSO one November night, cuz I warned one SVL team that another was out to get them on Sunday(just chit talkin in a bar, but guess what, accidents happen) you know better than anyone I would rather sit back and enjoy the race than throttle or drive a raceboat, but when the chit is broken I will be in the pits until sunup getting it ready to run on sunday if need be(ask Al Chesley how late we were up in sarasota a few years back fixing the Pump it boat). Anywho, see y'all in St Pete:26::sifone::reddevil::cuss::USA:

CLEARWATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

Phantom1
07-24-2009, 10:51 AM
It appears to me that Mauff (after racing Sarasota) sees that the CBS deal is for real and asked for written clarification from Carbonell on what he would have to pay to race. The agreement includes other OSS race teams, if they so choose. Mauff gets TV time and Carbonell gets more big boats for CBS to showcase. It's a win win, that really doesn't even involve OSS as an organization - just individual teams that happen to be members.

rchevelle71
07-26-2009, 03:54 PM
CLEARWATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

Same thing, its over there on that Flat water:reddevil: